PDA

View Full Version : Worth getting for christmas?

Chimhog
11-18-2008, 10:50 AM
Hey guys,

Im a bloke in his mid 20's and am struggling to think of anything for christmas (my wife and mum keep hassling me!).

Honest opinion is this any good and worth my Mrs/Mum shelling out 40? Or should I wait for bargin bucket?

I have COD 4: loved it
Have COD 5: Enjoying it
Gears 2: Outstanding.

Will this appeal and does it have staying power?

Cheers guys

ao4real
11-18-2008, 01:14 PM
hi mate
My answer is YES. If you like an outright shooter, then you will enjoy it. You may find it a bit easy, but then you can choose from 4 difficulty levels. I got far cry 2, and just got pissed off cos all you do is drive round for 5 mins just to fire you gun once or twice. But bone is just straight up shooting. So yes i would recommend it.
Hope that helps
Oh cos i just ask, what do you think of cod5? How would you rate it with cod4. My friend was not too impressed and actually put it up for sale after just a few housr os play
So pls any advice

Chimhog
11-18-2008, 03:36 PM
Mate your advice is appreciated.

COD5, from what I have played I have enjoyed it. The story looks good and multiplayer is classic COD. I am big on hardcore so its a big plus that it is still an option.

A lot of whinging seems to be about Treyarch which to be fair is uncalled for (COD3 was pretty good in my opinion) as well as Veteran being too difficult with grenade spamming etc. Well you dont have to play Veteran if you dont want too.

All in all it may not top COD4 but is defo a worthwhile purchase. I like 4 player coop campaign over LIVE especially.

Hope this helps.

Anta Flu
11-18-2008, 04:14 PM
A real gentleman buys his Mrs Fallout 3 and then plays it himself XD so then ur a gentleman and u can enjoy games =D