PDA

View Full Version : is this game jsut guitar or all 4 instruments

crypticriver
11-19-2008, 06:22 AM
is it gonna be like world tour with drums singing added to it? i personally hope it isn't i preferred guitar hero with just guitar and bass because the guitar hero drums isn't that good they should leave it to rockband

omegamustard
11-22-2008, 03:42 AM
I have heard it is gonna be all instruments, but no one knows for sure yet.

Ortep
11-22-2008, 03:49 PM
Well considering Guitar Hero: Aerosmith was just a guitar it's not looking good. But i so hope they do have all the instruments.

kovenant
11-23-2008, 07:17 PM
it has since been confirmed that it will be full instruments and not just guitar only.

Ortep
11-23-2008, 07:39 PM
it has since been confirmed that it will be full instruments and not just guitar only.

Really?

If you weren't probably on the other side of the world i could kiss you. :woop:

cheesyp00fs
12-06-2008, 09:44 AM
i think it will be better with all the instruments tbh :D good news

IIMF DoomII
12-07-2008, 06:09 AM
It's probably gonna be like gh: aerosmith only the guitar.

good ol boy366
12-08-2008, 12:20 PM

can you post a link of someone saying this?

Stufin135
12-11-2008, 11:24 PM
can you post a link of someone saying this?
I can http://www.destructoid.com/first-details-on-guitar-hero-metallica-emerge-114363.phtml

All info from site below

ScoreHero (http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=85129) has the first details on Activision's upcoming standalone title, Guitar Hero: Metallica, and are you sitting down? It features the music of Metallica. No s**t.
Lame sarcasm aside, the package is an obvious mix of content, with a few surprises. For one, the game will feature a new difficulty for drums called "Expert Plus," which is being designed especially for people with a splitter and two kick pedals. Also on the drum tip, the game will offer up a new mode (or a "cheat" as ScoreHero calls it) in which you'll be able to play freestyle drums using Metallica drum sounds (which can sound like anything from pots and pans to Civil War cannons, I suppose).
The game will feature World Tour's create-a-song feature GHTunes, as well, with new tones from James Hetfield's ESP Truckers guitars to Tom Araya's (from Slayer) ESP Bass sound.
Like Guitar Hero: Aerosmith, the game will feature a lot of goodies for fans including DVD-style content like photos, set lists, fan videos, rare live performances, and behind-the-scenes footage. Fans of VH1's "Pop Up Video" will want to check out "Metallifacts," which lets you watch performance with overlaid trivia pop-ups.
As for the soundtrack, so far it's looking like a dream for fans of metal. Metallica tracks like "For Whom the Bell Tolls," "Master of Puppets," and "Enter Sandman" have been confirmed. Also like GH: Aerosmith, music from artists who have inspired (or been inspired by) Metallica will be included, with tracks by Judas Priest, Samhain, Slayer, and ... Queen.
Confirmed song listing after the jump.

Confirmed Metallica tracks:

"Enter Sandman"
"For Whom The Bell Tolls"
"Fuel"
"Hit The Lights"
"King Nothing"
"Master of Puppets"
"No Leaf Clover"
"Nothing Else Matters"
"Sad But True"
"The Unforgiven"
"Where I May Roam"
Other artist's tracks:

Alice In Chains - "No Excuses"
Bob Seger - "Turn The Page"
Judas Priest - "Hell Bent For Leather"
Kyuss - "Demon Cleaner"
Lynyrd Skynyrd - "Tuesdays Gone"
Mastodon - "Blood and Thunder"
Michael Schenker Group - "Armed and Ready"
Samhain - "Mother of Mercy"
The Sword - "Black River"
Other confirmed artists include Foo Fighters, Queen, and Slayer.

Ortep
12-12-2008, 11:15 AM
Nice find.

I hope the use of Bob Seger's "Turn the Page" doesn't mean we won't be getting the Metallica version.

good ol boy366
12-12-2008, 09:57 PM
I can

thanks...lol, i just saw something about this on joystiq and then i came right over here to see if anyone else had heard.

great news...but it was the logical move to include full band support and i'm just glad it seems to be confirmed now.

ghtunes support in this one sounds interesting...is it a whole new version or what?

hopefully, they'll have a respectable number of final tracks on the game when it ships...(i'll be happy with around 60).

Stufin135
12-13-2008, 06:16 PM
hopefully, they'll have a respectable number of final tracks on the game when it ships...(i'll be happy with around 60).
Not looking so good so far

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3171820

Game Informer landed an exclusive first-look at the long-awaited Guitar Hero: Metallica (http://www.1up.com/do/gameOverview?cId=3168020), and the friendly forum-dwellers over at Score Hero were quick to mine the article of all the succulent details (http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=85129&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc). Unsurprisingly, the Metallica-branded rhythm game follows the Guitar Hero World Tour (http://www.1up.com/do/gameOverview?cId=3167821) paradigm, allowing players to take up guitar, drums, bass, or vocals. Also -- like Guitar Hero: Aerosmith (http://www.1up.com/do/gameOverview?cId=3166300) before it -- this game's roughly 45-song tracklist will be comprised of more than just Metallica songs, including other bands that have been influential throughout the metal group's nearly 30-year history.

good ol boy366
12-13-2008, 09:59 PM
Not looking so good so far

well, that sucks...i don't see how they can justify a 60$ price tag on a game with 45 tracks when they charged the same price for a game with 86 tracks...i suppose they just know they most people are going to buy this no matter what and they are going to take advantage of that.

well, i paid 60 for gh:a, so the same price for gh:m isn't too bad i guess...

Ortep
12-14-2008, 12:53 AM
well, that sucks...i don't see how they can justify a 60$ price tag on a game with 45 tracks when they charged the same price for a game with 86 tracks...i suppose they just know they most people are going to buy this no matter what and they are going to take advantage of that.

well, i paid 60 for gh:a, so the same price for gh:m isn't too bad i guess...

Well at least on this one you get to play other instruments so that might make up for the lack of tracks in their eyes, but not ours.

We really need the entire Metallica catalogue...

KewlBrettC
12-14-2008, 08:17 PM
Metallica = Best Band Ever. I would pay 400 dollars for this game. lol

Ortep
12-14-2008, 09:14 PM

Don't say that. What if someone reads this and think that they could charge that for the game!

Just say you'll buy the game 6 times...:p

Frozenghost001
12-15-2008, 12:27 AM
i would too, but only if they get rid of ALL songs from the black album and foward (except for Fuel, it's alright), and replaced them with songs from ...and justice for all - kill 'em all.

Stufin135
12-15-2008, 05:00 PM
http://www.usatoday.com/tech/gaming/2008-12-14-metallica-game-qanda_N.htm

some screenshots there and some more info

IIMF DoomII
12-20-2008, 06:33 AM
Looks good

riddler1029
01-02-2009, 06:55 AM
just watched the offical trailer for the game and it says rock on just guitar or the whole band yeah :omg

Jappe XBA
01-05-2009, 03:53 PM
YouTube - Guitar Hero Metallica Reveal Trailer

There it is, the official trailer that says it all :eek:

C0MPL3X
01-06-2009, 11:43 PM
Dude if it is Metallica what would metallica be without drums man that is the best instrument in the group besides their rocking guitars

afunk117
01-14-2009, 08:40 AM
full band, sweet, i wouldnt mind getting this game, but only pay like no more than 50 bucks because its just Mettalica no variety,( is Enter sandman in it)

Bearded Bugs
01-15-2009, 02:56 PM
Crap confirmed tracklisting so far.... well, not crap.. but what is a Metallica game without ANY songs from "...And Justice For All"?! I'm sure they'll put some on there.

Inyaface13
02-17-2009, 09:21 AM
Think I will be able to use just my Xbox 360 controller for the guitar?

devildawg24
03-01-2009, 09:18 PM
Think I will be able to use just my Xbox 360 controller for the guitar?

Hahaha a la GH3?

Rogue Batleth
03-19-2009, 12:39 AM
...And Justice For All (lol it is all 4 instruments)