PDA

View Full Version : cr0wned

mastersworded
11-19-2008, 08:48 PM
Has anyone managed to get this? I've been retrying the game on easy for hours, and every frickin time I find a witch, my headshots don't kill her! I've tried shotty, auto-shotty, and hunting rifle, nothing seems to give me the kill. Suggestions?

Jesper114
11-19-2008, 09:02 PM
you need to wait when she wakes up, this question has been asked before

mastersworded
11-19-2008, 09:04 PM
Sorry, I wasn't specific in my first post. I have been waiting. What I've been doing for the most part is either:
1) Getting some decent distance with the hunting rifle, and turning on my flashlight to get her up, then go for the headshot
or
2) Get right up in her face and then turn on my light, shotty to the head as many times and as fast as I can.

Using the 1st technique, I got Witch Hunter when she fell after 2-3 shots, but I haven't managed to get cr0wned.

Thanks for the speedy reply though :)

Jesper114
11-19-2008, 09:17 PM
don't have the game myself yet, just read it in an other post so can't help you further

GaMeReVX
11-19-2008, 09:17 PM
Sorry, I wasn't specific in my first post. I have been waiting. What I've been doing for the most part is either:
1) Getting some decent distance with the hunting rifle, and turning on my flashlight to get her up, then go for the headshot
or
2) Get right up in her face and then turn on my light, shotty to the head as many times and as fast as I can.

Using the 1st technique, I got Witch Hunter when she fell after 2-3 shots, but I haven't managed to get cr0wned.

Thanks for the speedy reply though :) You got the right idea, but remember, it has to be one shot, and register as a headshot.

Try the second technique you mentioned, turn on the flashlight, give a couple seconds for her to react and look at you, then pop her in the head. :)

That's how I got it done. xD

mastersworded
11-19-2008, 09:20 PM
I guess I just have to keep trying then... When you did it, was it on easy, or should I try upping the difficulty? I'm not really sure if that would help, but I'm getting a little tired of playing the same chapter over and over again and killing witches for nothing lol.

Edit: Is there a way to GUARANTEE and a headshot with the shotty? I mean, I aim at her head, and the works for all the other regular zombies, but doesn't seem to work on her.

GaMeReVX
11-19-2008, 09:27 PM
I guess I just have to keep trying then... When you did it, was it on easy, or should I try upping the difficulty? I'm not really sure if that would help, but I'm getting a little tired of playing the same chapter over and over again and killing witches for nothing lol.

Edit: Is there a way to GUARANTEE and a headshot with the shotty? I mean, I aim at her head, and the works for all the other regular zombies, but doesn't seem to work on her. Did it on Easy. I don't recall her head flying off though but still registered.

mastersworded
11-19-2008, 09:30 PM
Ok, well I guess there's nothing to do but keep trying. Thanks for the help :)

Edit: Holy hell! I just flipping got it! Playing No Mercy: Subway, came up into the room with the minigun and she was right at the door. I came up behind her with my auto-shotty and turned my flashlight on. When she was about 2/3 of the way up, she made a wierd growling noise and I belted her on in the head, unlocked. I guess the secret was trying until it hurt lol. Thanks for the helpful posts :D

jobless sam
11-19-2008, 09:47 PM
this is a helpfull thread

ReaperMojo
11-19-2008, 10:59 PM
you need to wait when she wakes up, this question has been asked before
dude dont be a jerk, he is just asking for help. other post are not specific on what needs to be done.

Too Human06
11-19-2008, 11:22 PM
i had the same problem, even waiting for her to wake up. i guess it just kind of evens out to luck on how it registers. you could always try getting as close as possible, since the shotgun has a large radius and that may cause it to register as a full body shot from a certain distance.

i found uzis are really easy for getting HSs, i got the brain salad achievement that way really quickly since they're the most accurate next to pistols but can actually kill in a shot.

Rogueain
11-20-2008, 12:07 AM
I've been playing on easy, and every time i find a witch, I've shot her in the head, with every weapon. She doesn't go down. It takes more than one shot, so I dub this achievement, really stupid.

D00MZDAY
11-20-2008, 12:12 AM
When I did it I got right in her face with my flashlight off and when she started standing up I aimed the shotty's center dot a little over the top of her head.

Bitis1078
11-20-2008, 04:40 AM
I got this one very oddly. She never got startled. We came up on her, and she looked up at us, but never got pissed and came at us or made any noise other than the moaning/crying. I just shot her right between the eyes with the auto shotty, and got that achievement and the Witch Hunter achievement in the same shot. Thanks for the help here as it did help. I didn't know about the light thing until now.

Hoebagger
11-20-2008, 05:18 AM
Witches...hate the light.

FN577
11-20-2008, 06:28 AM
I've gotten this one by accident. Was running through Mercy Hospital on Easy and i ran up to the witch with the auto shotgun and right as she started to get up I unloaded the gun in here face.

Achievement Unlocked. lol.

bigsal82
11-20-2008, 06:44 AM
this is so much easier than it seems. I got this on my first try. Have the regular shotgun out and walk up on her. turn on your flashlight and the moment she is fully stood up, shoot her in the head. Achievement unlocked.

checkahh
11-20-2008, 11:00 AM
this is so much easier than it seems. I got this on my first try. Have the regular shotgun out and walk up on her. turn on your flashlight and the moment she is fully stood up, shoot her in the head. Achievement unlocked.
yeah did it axeaclty this way, got it on my first try, 2 achievements for 50 G:eek:

snake42069
11-20-2008, 01:36 PM
now that i think of it, i think i found a way to get the achievement. If you look at the picture for cr0wned, it has a bullet wound with blood spewing out of it, while the witch is looking at you. When in the game that is the exact stance she is in when she is surprised. so maybe people are right when you kill her when she looks at you all surprised, just like the achieve-pic.

eTron000
11-20-2008, 07:50 PM
I shot her when she was still sitting. She had just turned and looked at me and I just aimed at her head and held the right trigger with an auto-shotty. No need to give her time to stand.

Jesper114
11-20-2008, 08:50 PM
dude dont be a jerk, he is just asking for help. other post are not specific on what needs to be done.
as you see i also gave an answer just saying it was posted before, i could also just told him to press the search button.

Elijan Bylai
11-21-2008, 07:00 PM
Hey for those still having trouble with the Cr0wnd achievement, here's a vid that helped me successfully get the achievement in like two tries after viewing it.

http://www.wegame.com/watch/L4D_cr0wned_Achievement/

stash3630
11-21-2008, 09:15 PM
Hey for those still having trouble with the Cr0wnd achievement, here's a vid that helped me successfully get the achievement in like two tries after viewing it.

http://www.wegame.com/watch/L4D_cr0wned_Achievement/

Wow, the video makes it all clear. Thanks for posting the link. Got it first try. No Mercy, Subway, with the pump. Thanks SO much. Anyone else having issues needs to watch this vid.

EDIT: For those that maybe can't see the vid; I'm happy to explain whats in it:

I think you basically want to all have your lights OFF. Whoever is going for the achieve plan out exactly what he's going to do while the others stay back. The actor will then run up on her fairly quickly (not so quick that you can't be precise), maybe even staying behind her a little so she will have to turn her head at you. As soon as she turns her head she will be growling and her eyes will turn yellow. As soon as they start to turn yellow....BAM! Point blank pump action shotty to the face. Achievement Unlocked

If you all have your lights off, don't hit her with any stray shots (obviously), and don't get too too close; you'd be suprised how much racket you can make around her. This should make it easy for you to kill off surrounding enemies before a member of your group gets ready to take a run at her.

Seems like a lot ado about nothing, but wait 'til you're on expert and she's right in a path that you must cross. Thanks again for the helpful vid link.

darthmushu
11-21-2008, 10:25 PM
Video was awesome. Going to go try that. Its been pissing me off.

slowmotioneric
11-21-2008, 10:48 PM
i am tagging this message. (sorry, had to use at least 10 chars...)

InFaDeLiTy
11-21-2008, 11:37 PM
or

Thanks for the speedy reply though :)

Look at #2, you read it again?
K now re-read it... Good now you might get it, the achievement is to kill her in 1 solid headshot meaning a teammate needs to dmg her first and you need the final headshotting blow.

CozierZebra
11-21-2008, 11:49 PM
before viewing the video, i was thinking you might need to shoot her in the back of the head. glad i found this post before i went and tried 100 mores times lol.

osea101
11-22-2008, 12:54 AM
I just think you need to get lucky. I got it today with a shotgun wound to the face as she was rising up (not attacking yet).

I guess just keep trying and do it on singleplayer so you can start over. I would recommend trying it on act 5 on the second campaign.

DarkoBWM
11-22-2008, 06:06 AM
Just got the achievement, I waited until she was starting getting up then shot her once in the head with the shotgun. Took me about 8 tries though :(

snake42069
11-22-2008, 04:03 PM
followed the vid, i found the witch on the stairsteps to the turret room on subway. I hugged the wall to get past her as quick as i could, she looked at me, i aimed for her head and missed the first shot, then shot her in the head. cr0wned!

Steelhead
11-22-2008, 04:13 PM
When she was about 2/3 of the way up, she made a wierd growling noise and I belted her on in the head, unlocked. when she started standing up I aimed the shotty's center dot a little over the top of her head. right as she started to get up I unloaded the gun in here face. She had just turned and looked at me and I just aimed at her head and held the right trigger with an auto-shotty. No need to give her time to stand. What I've been doing wrong now seems obvious. I've been waiting too long to take the shot. Seeing so many common replies is very helpful. I'll try this again this evening.

StolenKyle/
11-22-2008, 06:02 PM
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z131ijDmhjM&feature=related[YOUTUBE/]

Deyankees1
11-22-2008, 11:58 PM
I never waited for her to get up I shot her in the back of the head with the auto-Shotgun and got it in my first try. Didn't even have the flashlight on either. Just get to her as fast as possible then creep up behind her and shot dont hesitate.

Adam Krause
11-23-2008, 11:10 AM
I walked into a room in the hospital that was pitchblack except for her then she looked at me BLAM! turned her face into juice.

Akatsuki Sw1tch
11-23-2008, 03:16 PM
Getting slightly p'd off with this achievement as i've tried everything Shotty 2 the face, Scoped rifle between the eyes still DOES not kill her in one hit, And yes i tried when she's on the floor & when she gets up, Im soon going to just give up on this glitched & pointless achievement :(

DarkoBWM
11-23-2008, 07:47 PM
Getting slightly p'd off with this achievement as i've tried everything Shotty 2 the face, Scoped rifle between the eyes still DOES not kill her in one hit, And yes i tried when she's on the floor & when she gets up, Im soon going to just give up on this glitched & pointless achievement :(Shoot her when she is about half way up, that is what I did at least.

Jimm
11-23-2008, 08:20 PM
Getting slightly p'd off with this achievement as i've tried everything Shotty 2 the face, Scoped rifle between the eyes still DOES not kill her in one hit, And yes i tried when she's on the floor & when she gets up, Im soon going to just give up on this glitched & pointless achievement :(
Stop trying to go by what people say because they're all correct and all 'wrong'. There's no specific place she has to be for you to get the achievement, you just have to get 'lucky' enough for it to register enough damage for the shot to kill her. I've gotten the achievement, but have yet to kill another witch since. From what everyone's said, you can kill it while it's sitting, while it's getting up, while it's up.. and probably while it's running around, but that obviously makes it more difficult. Just keep playing the game and trying when the opportunity arises.

littlejay
11-24-2008, 03:16 PM
i tried like 30 times to get it and always missed somehow. then one day the AI Zoey ran past her and she stood up and was throwing a fit becuase someone got close to her.

i unloaded a round in the back of her head and got it

Chinnny
11-24-2008, 06:23 PM
Just got this earlier. I used everybody else's method really. Load up single player, the subway on easy. She spawns a lot on this map. Grab the pump shotty and play through the level until you find her. Flashlight off, crouch towards her, as soon as she turns to look at you with yellow eyes, aim slightly above her head and pull the trigger.

P.S: Works best with starter pump shotty.

x KiLLa o187o
11-24-2008, 07:38 PM
posted a little late but the trick is to get behind her.

Jimm
11-24-2008, 08:03 PM
posted a little late but the trick is to get behind her.
Not at all true and not at all wrong. You just shoot her in the head and hope she dies.. there's no 'trick' to it.. aim, fire, hope.. then be prepared to get your butt handed to you if she doesn't die (firing twice is probably a good idea - it won't stop you from getting the achievement and will more than likely kill her if the first shot doesn't).

RuggersAssassin
11-25-2008, 01:14 AM
I was so lucky for this achievement. I was walking around the first day I got the the game and saw this glowing eyed woman had my pump action shotty and got a lucky headshot. Nothing to it just pure luck. My friend got mad at me as he said its so hard to get it gave me a good laugh.

Warchild13
11-25-2008, 02:32 AM
Off Topic, but I had to say Hoebagger, that is the funniest sig I have ever seen.

"Roosevelt, you hacker you had a depression, how'd you get a full army" Comic genius.

InFaDeLiTy
11-25-2008, 03:15 AM
Just got mine with a Pump Shotty
Ran up to her
Her eyes turned red
Shot
Achievement

My friend killed 3 other witches in the campaign all 1shot head its incredibly simple.

RizlaFino420
11-25-2008, 07:00 AM
its incredibly simple.

which is why everyone has gotten this achievement so easy.... its simple. incredibly simple. guess i'm just effing retarded.

Her eyes turned red
don't they turn yellow? apparently you're effing retarded too.

InFaDeLiTy
11-25-2008, 11:51 AM
which is why everyone has gotten this achievement so easy.... its simple. incredibly simple. guess i'm just effing retarded.

don't they turn yellow? apparently you're effing retarded too.

No man your "effing retarded"
And get a better tv they def turn red.

Jimm
11-25-2008, 02:00 PM
Can't they turn red OR yellow? If so, it depends on if she's startled or just flat out pissed, but now I almost want to study into this. Should be better for me or someone else to check rather than you two calling each other effing retarded, lol..

FaceLessTom
11-25-2008, 04:34 PM
i got it in my first try just opened a door she startled me and i shot the shotty at her head and i got it. the only hard part was i had to find her first :/

Jimm
11-25-2008, 05:03 PM
i got it in my first try just opened a door she startled me and i shot the shotty at her head and i got it. the only hard part was i had to find her first :/
lol.. saying a witch startled you is pretty funny because usually it's the other way around.

kikkoman
11-26-2008, 02:21 AM
I finally got the with after about 50 witch attempts (serious about the 50 -_-) and I'm so pumped I got her while she started standing up, get face to face with her with a shottie and take her head off.

espro
11-26-2008, 02:35 AM
Just got this as well. Ran up on her with a shotgun, waited for red eyes and shot her in the head. I actually got off two shots on her and got the achievement, guess the first one killed her and counted.

mjpartyboy
11-26-2008, 02:20 PM
I still haven't got this yet and have been trying the attack from behind with a shotgun technique, so I think I'll try from the front.

All Play Dead
11-26-2008, 10:19 PM
this achievement is completely random or glitched. counting how many times i've attempted this, on number 43 (yeah, 43, i have no life) i finally got mad enough after headshot after headshot to run up on her knelt down with the pistol and let her stand up. well i got itchy and shot half way through her animation and the pistol shot put her down in one shot. i was playing the subway, on easy and she appeared near the minigun.

Jimm
11-26-2008, 10:34 PM
this achievement is completely random or glitched. counting how many times i've attempted this, on number 43 (yeah, 43, i have no life) i finally got mad enough after headshot after headshot to run up on her knelt down with the pistol and let her stand up. well i got itchy and shot half way through her animation and the pistol shot put her down in one shot. i was playing the subway, on easy and she appeared near the minigun.
lmao.. maybe it felt bad for you? I'm sorry.. it's not funny that you had to do it that many times.. but the end result.. hilarious.

Akalabeth
11-27-2008, 03:04 AM
I got it my first try. I was reading about how some people had such a hard time, and was kind of dreading attempting this one. I just walked up to her with the combat shotgun pulled the trigger... Got the Cr0wned and Witch Hunter 'cheives. Guess I just got lucky.

PWN3R
11-27-2008, 06:22 PM
I've done this about 20 times, with no luck. What sucks is this whole time I thought she had to be standing up. Which from reading here, it's clear now she doesn't have to be.

Man, good to know, next time I'm just running up and gunning.

Illution
11-27-2008, 06:34 PM
Just got the auto shotty, walked up behind the witch, flashlight on. And as soon as she moved her head to the side to look at me i shot her in the face. Pissed off my friend 'cause i got witch hunter too :p silly goose.

RizlaFino420
11-28-2008, 07:42 AM
finally! i got it! heres the thing. i always stood back a little when i tried to get her before. this time i found her with her back turned and walked right up to her, stood above her (flashlight on) and shot downwards, with the combat shotgun, into her head. point blank. don't give her any room to breath with this one. shove it in her face (or the back of her head in my case).

p.s. she was still sitting down when i killed her. oh yeah, i walked over to her corpse to double check and she had yellow eyes and theres nothing wrong with my t.v. so eff you InFaDeLiTy (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/member.php?u=131978).

GTukC
11-28-2008, 01:49 PM
I got it just now and so did a friend on the Dead Air campaign, she was on a building and I just crouched with the standard shotgun, crawled up towards her, flashed on my light and got it first try. A friend done exactly the same and he got it too.

Kinky Mong
11-28-2008, 04:42 PM
Got mine without really trying.

Was playing on the second level of No Mercy and the witch spawned right in the middle of the train you have to walk through. Knowing that there was no way around her without startling her I just decided to run up and give her a face full of shotgun. Just as she turned round and started to get up I fired my first shot and started to back peddle expecting her to rush me, but instead she went down and the achievement popped. :woop:

NeonInVermont
11-28-2008, 05:42 PM
My girlfriend and one of my buddies both got it a different way no one mentioned yet. They both killed her with the minigun. She was crying right in front of it. They both went over to it, aimed at her head, and BAM, achievement unlocked for them.
I couldnt do it because I was going for the pistol achievement both times. Makes me kind of made also because they arent nearly the achievement whores like I am, and since then she hasnt been crying in front of a minigun since.

ITS OVER 9000
11-29-2008, 09:50 PM
Man this achievment is pissing me off every time i try it it never registers a clean headshot i have used both shotguns and the hunting rifle. Is there any "clear point" when you should shoot her? the vids i saw are mostly on PC.

Bobo
11-29-2008, 10:09 PM
just to add my 2 cents worth... me and my buddy got it last night by just walking up to her from the side as quick as possible... no sneaking or trying to be clever... just run up to her side and when she whips her head around to look at you with her beady yellow eyes lit up... give it to her straight in the head with a shotgun (thats the only gun i've seen it done with)... she never started to stand or anything... was still sitting down but i think the key was waiting for her eyes to light up... and be sure to be as close to her as possible

ender1986
11-30-2008, 12:21 PM
Ok, well I guess there's nothing to do but keep trying. Thanks for the help :)

Edit: Holy hell! I just flipping got it! Playing No Mercy: Subway, came up into the room with the minigun and she was right at the door. I came up behind her with my auto-shotty and turned my flashlight on. When she was about 2/3 of the way up, she made a wierd growling noise and I belted her on in the head, unlocked. I guess the secret was trying until it hurt lol. Thanks for the helpful posts :D
I had some problems with this too until just recently, I think the trick is getting behind her. I did it a couple times going at her from the front to no success. First time I tried getting behind her though it popped up for me... god there's so many innuendos right there...

DarkElf2112
11-30-2008, 04:04 PM
This one's really driving me nuts. I've shot that b*tch every conceivable way possible and still nothing! :mad:

*Edit* Finally got it. It's a joke though. Just ran up to her blasting away before she even got up.There is definitely no set way to do this, it just happens when it happens.

CanadazNinjah
11-30-2008, 05:04 PM
Im gonna go ahead and try it right now, I swear to god though, if it dosen't work in the next 50tries :P I'm gonna be pretty mad cuz I've been trying to get this achievement for quite a while

GudgeyFantastic
11-30-2008, 05:11 PM
I've been struggling with this achievement, glad you have it now, the witches always get me before I can even think to shoot them.

CanadazNinjah
11-30-2008, 05:11 PM
W00T !!!! Got it on my 2nd try :D

smolotheklown
11-30-2008, 08:35 PM
Shot that Bitch really good. Got the Ach. sorry if you cant aim.

Bobo
12-01-2008, 12:23 AM
i think a lot of people are not getting close enough to just blast her head off... we're kinda conditioned to stay away from the witch from the campaign... but now i think i'm just gonna run up and blast every witch i see so none of my teammates get raped by her on accident

Chinnny
12-01-2008, 10:04 AM
Man this achievment is pissing me off every time i try it it never registers a clean headshot i have used both shotguns and the hunting rifle. Is there any "clear point" when you should shoot her? the vids i saw are mostly on PC.

You need to be sitting on her face (Yes, almost that close, point blank range) just behind her, when she turns her head to look at you with the yellow eyes, aim slightly above her head and blast with the shotgun. As soon as you press that trigger she will rise ever so slightly, which is why you aim slightly higher then her head.

Mayan Destroyer
12-01-2008, 10:04 AM
If you stand behind the witch when she gets starteled she can't hurt you. Line up the head shot and be finished with this hard-ish achievement

Huaracocha
01-19-2009, 03:59 PM
I was having trouble with this achievement until I read the advice in this thread about getting up close to point blank range.

Just got it first try with getting in closer :) Thanks for the great advice in this thread!

ryan 3nn
01-19-2009, 04:05 PM
i just ran up to a witch and rapid fired her with the auto shotty and the achieve just popped up and i thought i shot her in the body