PDA

View Full Version : x360a's Own Game Install Chart

Taboner
11-19-2008, 08:54 PM
I know some websites have charts, but they are extremely unorganized. So I have come up with the idea to start our own Install Chart. If I do get an OK to start this, I have no problem to be the one in charge gathering the info from fellow x360a members. It would be pretty cool to have a sticky in the 'Games' forum helping new and current users decide on whether or not to install. Also, which the large amount of members here, it would be much easier to gather all the required information, mainly elapsed loading times. If the thread is a hassle to maintain, I think it would also be nice if the Game Info' threads in the respective game forums would be updated with said info.

Any thoughts? Yay or Nay?

Royle
11-19-2008, 10:17 PM
I think it's a good idea but maybe it's something that will be coming in the near future possibly.

Falcongale
11-21-2008, 01:59 AM
I think it's a waste of time.

Unless new games come out optimized for hard-drive play then there is going to be no point in install charts for the majority as none of us care about that 2 seconds less of loading.

ThrawnOmega
11-21-2008, 02:03 AM
It's not just load times, as your box makes much less noise, and there's less wear on your disc drive. While you may not care about the sound, saving your disc tray from hundreds of hours of use is a big deal, and can help extend a console's lifespan.

Since my disc tray is slightly messed up, and roughs up the edges of discs as I play, I install everything I'm playing so I disc drive spins as seldom as possible.

Kaiyo
11-21-2008, 03:10 AM
Less noise and faster-easier use.

jason86586
11-22-2008, 07:43 AM
yep we should do this

Falcongale
11-22-2008, 05:33 PM
It's not just load times, as your box makes much less noise, and there's less wear on your disc drive. While you may not care about the sound, saving your disc tray from hundreds of hours of use is a big deal, and can help extend a console's lifespan.

Since my disc tray is slightly messed up, and roughs up the edges of discs as I play, I install everything I'm playing so I disc drive spins as seldom as possible.

Still that invalidates the need for an install chart, as the only thing its worth doing it for is saving your discs.

And I don't think it's just your 360 disc drive, mine does it and a lot of friends ones do it aswell. My friend has a disc that looks like one of those cartoon 'splat' things.

Deathblow23
11-22-2008, 05:40 PM
For the graphics whores out there...a HDD install also reduces rough textures from time to time,...and it's been repoted that there are a few games that have smoother edges, etc. when they are played from the HDD.

TooMuchCowbell
11-22-2008, 05:44 PM
After installing GOW2, I never get as much texture pop-in. Same with GTAIV.