PDA

View Full Version : Demo now available

Crash
10-09-2006, 02:24 PM
Tiger Woods '07 Demo is now available on the marketplace for all regions according to MajorNelson.com

Not sure on size, I can't get on my 360 right now.

Minty
10-09-2006, 02:38 PM
915 odd MB

Now have a 20 metre cable going accross my flat- this better be worth having my nuts chewed off for :D!!

P1NSEEKER
10-09-2006, 03:06 PM
:eek:

Oooooh sweet! :D

Minty
10-09-2006, 04:11 PM
Personally..... not what i was hoping for.

I know its only the demo and things may change (yeah right...), but it has ups and downs.

Positives:

The graphics are nothing short of spectacular.
Gamebreakers look to have been removed :D.
Puttline camera has been removed
Negatives:

Menu looks like a cheap PS2 system, not a 360 one.
Gameplay takes too long- its not as fast as the last one.
You can still add spin to a ball thats 250 yards down a fairway - why?!!
Its not challenging- i shot -6 on the 4 hole demo (yes i play Tiger a lot- but come on, make it challenging!!)
Due to no puttcmera- blatently going to be more 12 year old Americans chipping on the green (If i play against anyone on here that does- months ban. Guarenteed).
Powerboost is still available- although they have now made it so that you can use A as well now
I hope that there are more features that the demo doesnt show properly, but i have a feeling they will be purely audio/visual benefits.

I think that this game has sold out to easy gameplay and easy achievements, and that it is now looking to attract the easy 1000 people. The old Tigers were a fans game, where as this doesnt appear to be. I will still be getting this the minute the shops open, and playing it all that day however. I hope the full game will change my opinions.

Minty
10-09-2006, 04:34 PM
And not being funny, but who the hell plays golf in metres?!!!

Its yards dammit! That better be changeable in-game.

(Also, on the control screen it shows Putt-camera, just isnt active in the demo :()

Webb
10-09-2006, 07:10 PM
Gutted!!! No Live to get this!!! :eek:

Suppose I'll have to wait till release date :p

Oh and before I forget, golf in metres!!!!! ROFL!!!! LMFAO!!!

Minty
10-10-2006, 08:19 AM
Once more?

You have to rule them, to be able to rule them once more ;)

P1NSEEKER
10-10-2006, 08:50 AM
How come your reply is above my overly boastfull post? :eek:

[EDIT]: It keeps moving to the bottom!

Minty
10-10-2006, 09:13 AM
Thtas just friggin weird!!

Its obviously the forum mocking your claim :p

P1NSEEKER
10-10-2006, 08:18 PM
I quite enjoyed it to be honest :eek: (although it took over 4 hours to download!)

Pinseeker shall rule the greens once more :D

CrazyCougar
10-12-2006, 03:56 PM
The demo seems EXTREMELY easy as stated by Minty. I too shot anywhere from -4 to -6 every time I played it. Nailed 60 foot puts a few times with very little effort. Looks as though this isnt going to be the "sim" they were trying to market it as. I'll still be buying it because I need some fresh golf, but Links looks like it will still be my primary source of "real" golf especially since its BC on the 360 now.

Minty
10-12-2006, 04:07 PM
Links is back compatable?!! No way!! That game pwns Tiger any day of the week. Time to get back up to my top ten world ranking :D

CrazyCougar
10-12-2006, 04:46 PM
Yes sir. It made the BC list about a month ago. ENJOY!!! And btw, it looks great on the 360 despite the black bars on either side of the screen. And the gameplay is smooth.