PDA

View Full Version : anyone scared of the ps3?

aPerfektFIaw
10-10-2006, 12:12 PM
ok im only speaking for myself in this aspect... but the ps3 is scaring the hell out of me now...

i dont havethe kind of cash to hand over for a $600 system right now, but theyve already shown a lot of improvements on games that have already been released for the 360....

the onlything i have going for me right now are these achievement points (aka legit bragging rights) and im loving every moment of it. all of the top console companies are out for $$ and thats what makes a company. You wont find a company anywhere taking losses for consumer happiness, but i am comfortable with my 360 and cant wait to see where it can go from here.

with that said, i would like to state that OWNING my 360 and not PLANNING to get a ps3 is a scary thought... thinking that they get more content than us on games that are already out. Two games that come to mind right now are Oblivion and Fight Night, which will have more to them than the 360 versions...

I have always had all contemporary mainstream consoles at the same time... but money is tight these days, and im sure others share the same "bumps in the road" as i do...

so with all that being said, anyone scared the ps3 will dominate and/or put the xbox out of commission? i had a Dreamcast and loved it to death, but it was destroyed by the competition... and im hoping the 360 doesnt suffer the same death...

Minty
10-10-2006, 12:54 PM
Of course games that they release a year later will have more content- thats natural. They need to try and pry people away from a 360 to buy their over charged systems.

And I dont think it will happen as much as possible. I cant see games like ALan Wake or Assassins Creed being better on a ps3, or being beaten by anything released for a ps3 persoanlly.

And for the fact that theyve delayed Europe launch till March- they have no chance of it being what they hope for over here. WIll be a real fanboy machine- and a rich fanboy at that.

Mr Arrow
10-10-2006, 01:29 PM
Personally I'm a gamer, I love video games. We will all benefit from the PS3 (and Wii) as it will introduce competition. When console companies compete, gamers will benefit.

I'm old enough to not be swayed by the fanboy's retoric, I still love my 360. Yes, eventually I'll get a PS3 and Wii and we'll see which one is better.

GAMES make the console and for a while the Gamecube had them all beat (just like the Dreamcast did).

So I say bring on the PS3 and Wii and gamers REJOICE!

k_dog
10-10-2006, 01:45 PM
Does anybody else feel that since the PS3 costs more than that of most of our house payments, that it SHOULD be feared?

Honestly, $600 is beter spent on A coffee pot, Condom Despenser and new lawnmower. I would have more to gain from these items than a system that's replication is everything on our current market.

So, in theory, yes, the PS3 scares the shit out of me.

Mr Arrow
10-11-2006, 07:45 PM
Polls are not worth the paper they are printed on BUT:

New research has shown massive consumer belief in the PlayStation 3, and waning interest in Xbox 360.
According to the study by Los Angeles based Interpret (http://www.interpretllc.com/), 8.9 million U.S consumers ‘are prepared’ to pay full price ($500 or $600) for the PlayStation 3 this fall, compared to 5.7 million consumers who are willing to buy Wii at $250 and just 800,000 people who are willing to pay full price for Xbox 360 ($300 to $400).

Full story here:http://www.next-gen.biz/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=3978&Itemid=2