PDA

View Full Version : "I'm Kind Of A Big Deal" - Infinity rank achievement

dotty
11-21-2008, 06:29 AM
Does anyone know how this is obtained? I've been trying for hours to see if it's a rank you get at the end of a song you do, but the highest rank I've been able to get is Big Bang.

smrnov
11-22-2008, 04:59 PM
This is not an overall ranking, it's a single song ranking. I'm not 100% sure what I did to get it; but it was a a coop song that we got all 12 badges on and over 1000 stars. The score was around 8 million. I got over 1000 stars on another coop song and the ranking was still Big Bang so I'm not sure if its a combination of score + badges + stars or not.

dotty
11-22-2008, 06:21 PM
Oh, my... That's insane. You and your partner must be really good! Even on my best song, the highest I've gotten is just past the three million mark. And this is me playing on both mics, lol. Maybe I should try on co-op instead of versus, though... That may be the key to getting such a high score.

I'll give this a shot. Thank you!

Shreik
11-22-2008, 06:46 PM
Oh, my... That's insane. You and your partner must be really good! Even on my best song, the highest I've gotten is just past the three million mark. And this is me playing on both mics, lol. Maybe I should try on co-op instead of versus, though... That may be the key to getting such a high score.

I'll give this a shot. Thank you!
How do you set it up to Coop instead of versus? Can't figure it out... I know I'm a noob xD

OldWIKI TIK
11-22-2008, 06:50 PM
It is at the part after you select the song where you can choose full or short. At the bottom of that window is a selection like song options. You can change it in there under multiplayer.

Shreik
11-22-2008, 07:10 PM
Thanks mate :D

dotty
11-22-2008, 08:52 PM
So I try it on co-op by myself, but still the best I can do is just close to three million. I don't see myself getting this alone. If only my boyfriend was a good singer, too... :/

Cla55y
11-22-2008, 10:28 PM
i wonder if this has anything do do with maxing out a song so u can no longer play it?

OldWIKI TIK
11-22-2008, 10:58 PM
Decided to go back and take a picture of what you all are looking for. This is the rank above "Big Bang"

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd4/PaulP1976/IMG_7509.jpg Note: I have attained this level in single player mode also.

dotty
11-22-2008, 11:30 PM
D:

Thanks for the solo tip! Will definitely keep trying.

Stufin135
11-22-2008, 11:30 PM
Dammit you have The One I Love :( i really wanted this but that took it out the UK version (probally because they think no one over here knows who they are)

Viridis
11-22-2008, 11:40 PM
It's insane to think that, R.E.M. are huge, but I agree that it sucks we miss out on that song

Now I've got to find a song to get this rank on, on the UK version

6.3 million on end has a start (editors) and still haven't got this yet

OldWIKI TIK
11-23-2008, 12:32 AM
I have gotten this rank on the following songs:

Walk Like and Egyptian
Soak up the sun
Personal Jesus
The one I Love
Listen to you Heart
Hungry Like the Wolf
Every Little thing she does is magic (the most stars per play too, 1875)

Cla55y
11-23-2008, 12:33 AM
ive got all medals and got just over 8,000,000 on take on me by aha. still dont have it!! :'(

OldWIKI TIK
11-23-2008, 12:41 AM
The vocal multipliers are a must. Not the x2 star multipliers, but the (i think it is called vibrato) multipliers for being in perfect pitch.

dotty
11-23-2008, 01:44 AM
I see what my problem is, then. Half the time, it doesn't detect my vibrato even though it's very obvious and the mic is right on my lips. :( *sigh*

EDIT: Also, I remember it being odd that on more than one occasion, I got the vibrato multiplier despite not using my vibrato. :/

OldWIKI TIK
11-23-2008, 02:44 AM
Well, you dont need your lips on the mic. It is in the throat somewhere, and the game is not that good at picking it up alot of the time.

dotty
11-23-2008, 03:30 AM
Yes, I eventually figured it wasn't that great. XD I'll get it, though! I'll just keep trying. :)

Cla55y
11-23-2008, 11:39 AM
i got a 22x mulitplier vibrato thingy all medals but still no infinity.

Stufin135
11-23-2008, 11:03 PM
The easiest song ive found to do this on (as i just got it) was bust a move. I got a score of 4,163,839 Stars 304, and all 6 medals, this was done on one player so i don't know if it will be easier to get on two player but for some people give this one a try.

Cla55y
11-24-2008, 04:35 PM
The easiest song ive found to do this on (as i just got it) was bust a move. I got a score of 4,163,839 Stars 304, and all 6 medals, this was done on one player so i don't know if it will be easier to get on two player but for some people give this one a try.

thank u very much just got it 4,318,224 with 6 medals and 303 stars!

very easy to cheat, just hold mic next to speaker and let him do the singin and activate star power when u get it, and wave ic around 4 performance medal in the breaks.

KISMO
11-24-2008, 07:22 PM
Ive just tried this myself and your right the speaker works for hitting everyword of the song but you never get all the medals or even near 4mill...
how are you setting this up please help as im sur there are a lot of us on here loking for this achievment only now.
Thanks qpr fan

Stufin135
11-24-2008, 08:06 PM
right when holding it next to your tv speaker you are not holding it next to it you are well holding it right in front of the speaker i tried it with mine touching it. Shake your mic during any breaks (this also builds star power) I managed to get one before the song even started with words. I also kept shaking the nic whilst the song was going on by putting my hand just underneath the speaker and bassically lifted and dropped the mic constantly. Use noisemakers with the beat. Don't forget to activate you star power, and finally Have your TV up really loud (this is the best way to pick it up. Also make sure your trying Bust a Move.

This should get you all badges. Also whilst in the song you won't get 4mil the badges and stars add that on. Good luck and let us know how you get on.

MartoC
11-24-2008, 08:12 PM
Decided to go back and take a picture of what you all are looking for. This is the rank above "Big Bang"

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd4/PaulP1976/IMG_7509.jpg Note: I have attained this level in single player mode also.

Could someone please explain to me why in the picture above the Rank Infinity is achieved and in my picture (below) it is just "Big Bang!"
(PS: I have the German-Version)
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=2535&stc=1&d=1227557447
WHAT DID I DO WRONG???

dotty
11-24-2008, 08:17 PM
I'm not sure what it's based on, to be honest. Yes, you must have a high score, and yes, having all the medals really helps. Even if you get a really good score (got five million+ in Sara Bareilles' Love Song the other night but no luck), sometimes it still just gives you Big Bang. All I can say is, keep trying. I'm still trying to get it myself! lol

Cla55y
11-24-2008, 09:57 PM
Ive just tried this myself and your right the speaker works for hitting everyword of the song but you never get all the medals or even near 4mill...
how are you setting this up please help as im sur there are a lot of us on here loking for this achievment only now.
Thanks qpr fan

if u have 2 controllers it will help hugely. as soon as possible wave ur mic around like a nutter then shove it in on the speaker before the words roll as soon as star stream is available use it. (obviously not during notes!) while ur holding the mic use the controllers as noise makers, press a button at exactly the same time on both until party meadl pops up. pitch, stability, technique and rythem will come through the tv for u! i didnt do it first time, i learnt best place 2 use star stream etc and got it on my 3rd or 4th attempt. good luck! and feel free to message me over xbox live if need any more help as i do not check this post that often.

FlamedLiquid
11-25-2008, 08:55 AM
The only song I seem to be able to get all 6 badges on is "Hingry Like the Wolf". I got over 5,000,000 on "The One I Love" on co-op..but only got like 300 stars and like 8 medals total.

And can't seem to get over 4,000,000 on "Bust A Move"

Gah...I just want this achievement so I dont have any hard achievements to worry about.

FlamedLiquid
11-25-2008, 09:41 AM
Just got 5,737,883 on "Take On Me" on Co-op. Got 1,127 stars and 11 medals.

Nothing

:(

KISMO
11-25-2008, 10:14 AM
if u have 2 controllers it will help hugely. as soon as possible wave ur mic around like a nutter then shove it in on the speaker before the words roll as soon as star stream is available use it. (obviously not during notes!) while ur holding the mic use the controllers as noise makers, press a button at exactly the same time on both until party meadl pops up. pitch, stability, technique and rythem will come through the tv for u! i didnt do it first time, i learnt best place 2 use star stream etc and got it on my 3rd or 4th attempt. good luck! and feel free to message me over xbox live if need any more help as i do not check this post that often.

Thanks will try this now then send you a msg on live:woop:

FlamedLiquid
11-25-2008, 10:23 AM
I'm wondering if this is possible to get in Freeplay. If you just put on a realllllllllly long song and get a lot of stars and a large score.

FlamedLiquid
11-25-2008, 11:29 AM
Finally got this on "Lip Gloss is Poppin".

Did it in CO-OP got 12 medals, a little over 5,000,000, and about 1,100 stars.

The odd thing is I played the song again to get the achivement for my friend and we got:

12 medals, 7,000,000, and about 1,500 stars.and he didnt get past Big Bang.

This achievement is really messed up.

Stufin135
11-25-2008, 01:42 PM
Finally got this on "Lip Gloss is Poppin".

Did it in CO-OP got 12 medals, a little over 5,000,000, and about 1,100 stars.

The odd thing is I played the song again to get the achivement for my friend and we got:

12 medals, 7,000,000, and about 1,500 stars.and he didnt get past Big Bang.

This achievement is really messed up.
I'm starting to think that it is not score related at all and that it might be like a percentage thing, bassically you have to 100% it (perfect pitch timing and everything lol)

dotty
11-25-2008, 09:05 PM
Yes, I was always wondering why it didn't seem consistent when you're trying to get it. Complete 100% on a song must be key.

As for your previous post, FlamedLiquid, you do not get medals in freestyle mode -- only stars. I am doubtful that Infinity can be obtained through that mode. But if anyone finds out otherwise, feel free to correct me.

FlamedLiquid
11-25-2008, 09:16 PM
Yes, I was always wondering why it didn't seem consistent when you're trying to get it. Complete 100% on a song must be key.

As for your previous post, FlamedLiquid, you do not get medals in freestyle mode -- only stars. I am doubtful that Infinity can be obtained through that mode. But if anyone finds out otherwise, feel free to correct me.

Well I did try a 15 minute long song, and had the mic up by the speaker......got like 8,000,000 and about 500 stars.....didnt even get up to Big Bang.

So yah..scratch the Freeplay idea.

I'm just glad I got the stupid achievement. Smooth sailing now.just gonna take some time.

FlamedLiquid
11-26-2008, 06:42 AM
Well 2 of of 6 plays of "Lip Gloss" today on co-op...got Infinite twice.

May be the best song to get it on.

edit: lol make that 3 out of 7 plays.

:)

edit: wow..........Ive gotten Infinity like over 10 times on "Lip Gloss" now.

OldWIKI TIK
11-26-2008, 02:24 PM
This achievement is a lot like the Flawless achievements in Rock Band. What it comes down to is personal preference. If you feel more comfortable with one song than another, well then sing the one you like. Oh, by the way, I found out yesterday that for each star you accumulate, you get an extra 1,500 points. I think that is where the big score boost is on top of being accurate and getting all the bonuses you can.

TigaSefi
11-28-2008, 12:20 AM
How you guys work out that you get 100% on a song?

KISMO
11-28-2008, 09:10 PM
Well 2 of of 6 plays of "Lip Gloss" today on co-op...got Infinite twice.

May be the best song to get it on.

edit: lol make that 3 out of 7 plays.

:)

edit: wow..........Ive gotten Infinity like over 10 times on "Lip Gloss" now.
Typical its not on the UK version we get screwed over again.Anyonehave ideas for the best UK song to get this on

Stufin135
11-28-2008, 10:01 PM
Typical its not on the UK version we get screwed over again.Anyonehave ideas for the best UK song to get this on
As i have said in the guide and in this thread "Bust A Move" it's all raping. Just hold mic to the tv if you can't rap and make sure you use star power after the chorus once it comes back in (always get it just before he says "bust a move" lol and then nothing after that for ages. Also make sure to get all the medals and it should be yours you get it at around 4,000,000

Wildfireskunk
11-29-2008, 02:11 PM
Hey guys, just came to the board after getting this game yesterday and I got this achievement pretty easily. I'm no professional singer but I seem to be good at singing games hehe.

I played Take on Me, and on my second go I got the achievement. Playing by myself with one mic, 4,500,000ish score, all 6 medals, and I'm not sure how many stars. Only took me 2 goes though, and I actually sung it! By my estimate I'd say I hit around 98-99% of the song. 13x Vibrato combo (without really trying for vibrato haha).

Uhh, I guess just try that one if you have access to it? I tried the bust-a-move trick a few times but it didn't work too well.

I doubt I'll be 1000ing this any time soon, as my voice is starting to go too (I'm getting a cold). Bugger XD

zephyr
11-30-2008, 01:24 PM
got it right now.

bust a move - single player - 6 medals, 309 stars, 4.325,243

http://i452.photobucket.com/albums/qq243/pepschmier/infinity.jpg

The Editor
11-30-2008, 02:57 PM
Do you have the german version?Looks like it in the picture.So how did you get the song?

zephyr
11-30-2008, 06:55 PM
Do you have the german version?Looks like it in the picture.So how did you get the song?

I downloaded the song from the marketplace. in germany there are already 9 songs on the marketplace.

have phun,

zephyr

Veritas34
11-30-2008, 10:29 PM
most ive gotten was 3 mil in a song.

PixelLive
12-01-2008, 12:21 AM
I don't understand how I can get more points than I already am!

I tried Bust a Move with the TV turned up but whether or not it recognised the notes was hit and miss.

I tried just making noises throughout, which worked perfectly. I never missed a note! But I still get about 3.5 million max.

I did get 3.9 the first time I did it (I dunno how I got less since then) but was missing the party medal (I hate that medal) so maybe that's why?

This achievement seems so random.

Cheatsrichter
12-01-2008, 09:40 AM
Seems the achievement is glitched. At least in the German version of Lips. My girlfriend tried to achieve it with 2 Mics in Co-op. She got about 10 Mio. points, all medals and over 1,500 stars but still no achievement. Damn it.

zephyr
12-01-2008, 10:52 AM
Seems the achievement is glitched. At least in the German version of Lips.

no. take a look at my screenshot. this IS the german version.

Hardangelfan
12-01-2008, 04:47 PM
This Achievement is IMPOSSIBLE!!! I have tried, Tried, and tried...the Bust a move song Countless times...when i fill up the star power...It FAILS to deploy for some reason...and when it finally does...theres no more words so i get no stars.

dotty
12-01-2008, 06:12 PM
My boyfriend helped me figure out my problem in activating Star Stream when I kept trying for my Infinity achievement, because I had the exact same problem.

Hardangelfan, are you constantly shaking the mic for noisemakers while rapping/making noises into it during Bust a Move? If you are... When you see a silhouette pop up, stop shaking for a second and then do the motion (or at least try a couple times if it doesn't the first). This should help.

Cheatsrichter
12-02-2008, 01:57 PM
no. take a look at my screenshot. this IS the german version. Thanks, I'll try the song as soon as I got a new 360. RRoD last night... after 3 years (yep no warranty). :(

PerpetualHeaven
12-03-2008, 02:08 PM
I haven't got this achievement yet but I perfected bust a move while using star stream very little. The end result was Big Bang. I ended up scoring 4.1 million on the song because I got perfect. I think this achievement is a combination of receiving all medals, using star stream whenever possible, and also getting perfect on the song.

Stufin135
12-03-2008, 02:29 PM
I haven't got this achievement yet but I perfected bust a move while using star stream very little. The end result was Big Bang. I ended up scoring 4.1 million on the song because I got perfect. I think this achievement is a combination of receiving all medals, using star stream whenever possible, and also getting perfect on the song.
Did you get all the medals or was you one short? because if so yoj must have all medals when you reach a certain score as my achievement unlocked just as soon as i hit 4mil on that song.

PerpetualHeaven
12-04-2008, 05:04 AM
Did you get all the medals or was you one short? because if so yoj must have all medals when you reach a certain score as my achievement unlocked just as soon as i hit 4mil on that song.

Yeah, I missed one medal and that was the party medal. I thought it was mostly based around score but I realized afterward you need all the medals. So, I'm going to try again another time using noisemakers.

Patrik73
12-04-2008, 06:03 PM
I finally got this after a bunch of tries rubbing microphone against couch :) so I thought I would try holding the microphone to the speaker. Just turned the volume up real high. got it at first try.
bust a move, 6 medals, 4,3 mill something and 297 stars

Gemmaa
12-04-2008, 06:24 PM
Wow I got this so easy! On bust a move. The game was on versus mode, At the beginning of song i shook both the mics around like crazy and got the performance medal on both. Then i just sang "la la la la" into both mics, hit almost every note so easy. Then during breaks just shook the mics and got party medals. At the end of song I had about 4.1m on each mic and rank of infinity :D

niteslasher 360
12-05-2008, 11:10 PM
this achivement is sooooo possible. turn the mikes volume off. and blast "The one I love" by R.E.M i did this song 5 times and out of it I got 4 Infinity. The first time i was getting a feel for the song. Let me tell you score does not matter since I got 5 mill the first time but missed only one medal. Having all the metals have to be the key. I got this achivement with a little less then 3 mill. and 700 stars. The best thing to do is wait for the part where you sing together Fire... and so a 2x star power. do that for the 2 times that he sings fire, and bam achivement. Just make sure you get all medals.

PixelLive
12-07-2008, 10:23 PM
I hit nearly every note, get over 300 stars and get all 6 medals in bust a move just by making noise, but I can't get it!

Stufin135
12-07-2008, 11:14 PM
Let me tell you score does not matter since I got 5 mill the first time but missed only one medal.
Score does matter. You can get all medals and not get infinity it is all medals and a high score together that get you this.

Ravenousguy
12-08-2008, 02:48 AM
It sure looks like this one is a tad tricky. The missus and i have tried a few times at trying to get it playing 'bust a move'

The best we got was about 1278 stars, all medals and a score of just under 6,700,000.

Just does't want to un-lock. But we will keep at it, she's just glad microsoft found out girls like to play games too. hehe

Stufin135
12-08-2008, 08:04 AM
It sure looks like this one is a tad tricky. The missus and i have tried a few times at trying to get it playing 'bust a move'

The best we got was about 1278 stars, all medals and a score of just under 6,700,000.

Just does't want to un-lock. But we will keep at it, she's just glad microsoft found out girls like to play games too. hehe
it might be easier gaining this one in solo mode as it seems to unlock about 4mil for one person so it will be about 8mil you unlock it at in co-op or at least 7 mil depends on who sings what in co-op.

Kitty82
12-08-2008, 02:35 PM
Tried doing Bust A Move by la-la-la-ing - seems to pick up just about all the notes and when it doesn't its generally me being out of breath :) Seem to only be able to get a maximum of about 3 mil by myself though, and about 500-ish stars. I'm waving the mic around, using noisemakers and activating starstream but i don't seem to be able to get the scores that everyone else is :( (Also tried this with turning my TV up, but seem to get a much better score just doing it myself)

The main problem I have is that I can't seem to get the Technique medal on this song. I know that you get it normally by vibrato etc, but how does that apply in something that involves rapping?

Gemmaa
12-08-2008, 08:44 PM
Tried doing Bust A Move by la-la-la-ing - seems to pick up just about all the notes and when it doesn't its generally me being out of breath :) Seem to only be able to get a maximum of about 3 mil by myself though, and about 500-ish stars. I'm waving the mic around, using noisemakers and activating starstream but i don't seem to be able to get the scores that everyone else is :( (Also tried this with turning my TV up, but seem to get a much better score just doing it myself)

The main problem I have is that I can't seem to get the Technique medal on this song. I know that you get it normally by vibrato etc, but how does that apply in something that involves rapping?
Ok, firstly, do it on VS mode, singing into the 2 mics by yourself. Im not sure why VS mode and no Co-Op, but I did VS and unlocked it first time. Make sure you hit ALL the notes, I know its hard, being out of breath (happened to me too, its a lot of words to sing with no breathing!) :p

I'm not sure about the turning TV up thing, coz I tried and put my mic against it but it just made a really high pitch squeaking noise :D

Also, during any breaks, just shake your mic like CRAAAZZYYY! :) Not only does it get you party and performance medals, but it also makes your meter for starstream rise.

I dunno about the technique medal, just hit all the notes (or MOST of them) and it should unlock.

Just keep trying, and good luck! :)

Stufin135
12-08-2008, 10:51 PM
Gemmaa just so you know about the high squeking you get whilst holding the mic up to the tv it's because you have the mic volume on you have to turn it to nothing by using LT. It's feedback from the microphone technology going throught the tv and the coming out of the speakers back to the mic and well over and over again lol ;)

Cheatsrichter
12-09-2008, 01:52 PM
Bust a move worked for me in versus :)

Gun-Nut
12-09-2008, 03:30 PM
http://gunnut14.googlepages.com/SDC10381.JPG

Got mine on Bust A Move, from what I can tell I got 100%, All The Badges and used Star Scream whenever I could :)

Did this Solo.

Gemmaa
12-09-2008, 05:04 PM
Gemmaa just so you know about the high squeking you get whilst holding the mic up to the tv it's because you have the mic volume on you have to turn it to nothing by using LT. It's feedback from the microphone technology going throught the tv and the coming out of the speakers back to the mic and well over and over again lol ;)
Ohhh ok thanks lol :p

Bust a move worked for me in versus :)
Congrats :) It seems to be a rather easy achievement but I think maybe some peoples is glitched :(

Kitty82
12-09-2008, 06:11 PM
I hope mine is one of the glitched ones and its not just me doing something wrong. I can get Big Bang on about 5 songs without shaking the mics at all and barely activating Star Stream, but when I try shaking them like mad, I seem to end up with hardly any points.

I'll have another few tries bearing in mind what everyone has said - its a bit frustrating but then again I never expected it to be easy! Thanks everyone for their suggestions.

MeesterLuther
12-09-2008, 06:34 PM
The trick is:

- hit all the notes 100% (the 'la la la la-thing' worked for me during Bust A Move)
- get all medals

DJjay08
12-09-2008, 07:11 PM
The trick is:

- hit all the notes 100% (the 'la la la la-thing' worked for me during Bust A Move)
- get all medals

YES!! i finally done it WoooooHooooo after my 15th try!! :woop:

and i realised u need the above 100% hit all notes and all medals aswel get a score over 4,100,000! ive been gettin 4,095,872 but just got 4,109,256 and got infinity!!

thanks for all the help guys/gurls!!

slackgir
12-10-2008, 03:25 PM
hey i got this achievement on Bust a Move... basically hit every note and get every badge and try to max out your score by using the tamborine when your building your star power. start the song off easy though by getting the party medal with the controller... the game recognizes fast 8th notes as the "ideal beat" for this song. After that work hard to not miss any notes. Once i got all the medals i got this with a score of 4.4mil...

Gun-Nut
12-10-2008, 06:35 PM
I just managed to get this rank while doing some versus and did not even hit 100% of the notes so I guess that's out.

Hardangelfan
12-12-2008, 03:38 AM
Does anyone know how this is obtained? I've been trying for hours to see if it's a rank you get at the end of a song you do, but the highest rank I've been able to get is Big Bang.

HERE IT IS!

YouTube - LIPS- "Im Kind of a Big Deal" Achievement Guide HD

MartoC
12-12-2008, 04:36 PM
I got it too!
I downloaded Bust a Move and held the mic near to my speakers. I got it on my first try. It's so easy!! Thx for the help!

Management
12-12-2008, 08:26 PM
Son i download bust a move,but i canīt find it,itīs on my hard drive but i canīt see it nowhere in the game
Any ideas where to find it?

M0rdain
12-12-2008, 11:33 PM
Just downloaded some of the christmas songs, and on my first try of White Christmas, i got infinity, did not expect to get it. Even though i lost the vs. match but i still got the achievement :) (and my profile was signed in to lips on controller and mike 1, but due to the way we were swappin gmikes this time i sung on mike 2)

http://img397.imageshack.us/img397/3010/p121208215801ji3.jpg (http://img397.imageshack.us/my.php?image=p121208215801ji3.jpg)
http://img397.imageshack.us/img397/p121208215801ji3.jpg/1/w2592.png (http://g.imageshack.us/img397/p121208215801ji3.jpg/1/)

Gun-Nut
12-13-2008, 11:14 AM
Wow the above shot makes no sense! More Score and Stars and only got Big Bang compared to the Infinity

McDan1el
12-13-2008, 04:50 PM
It is certainly annoying :(

I got (Solo)

6,022,415 Pts
627 Stars
6 Medals

in An End Has A Start - Editors

No Infiinity :(

Management
12-13-2008, 05:28 PM
http://img397.imageshack.us/img397/3010/p121208215801ji3.jpg (http://img397.imageshack.us/my.php?image=p121208215801ji3.jpg)
http://img397.imageshack.us/img397/p121208215801ji3.jpg/1/w2592.png (http://g.imageshack.us/img397/p121208215801ji3.jpg/1/)

Iīm starting to think this is not score related,maybe we need to have a "insert number" of total stars and medals but you never know eh

Stufin135
12-13-2008, 05:56 PM
Iīm starting to think this is not score related,maybe we need to have a "insert number" of total stars and medals but you never know eh
That still wouldn't make any sense as the big bang person has more stars.

I still think it's 100% and all medals. This can be preoven true in this pic as you can not hit 100% in songs on games like GH and RB but still get a higher score then someone with 100%

Bishop24
12-13-2008, 06:39 PM
I finally got this achievement earlier today on Bust A Move. I did it in Co-Op. It took me 3-4 tries but I got it. It was not as hard as I thought it was going to be. I could get the 12 medals no problem. I just had trouble getting enough stars the first few times

I took a picture of my score with my phone.

http://i437.photobucket.com/albums/qq99/Bishop_x360a/LIPSInfinityachievement.jpg

Management
12-13-2008, 10:15 PM
That still wouldn't make any sense as the big bang person has more stars.

I still think it's 100% and all medals. This can be preoven true in this pic as you can not hit 100% in songs on games like GH and RB but still get a higher score then someone with 100%

I mean total stars,but youre rigth i score 4milions in the same song our mate and still big bang i reach big bang just with the score but medals and stars donsnt help me

Ravenousguy
12-15-2008, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by Stufin135
it might be easier gaining this one in solo mode as it seems to unlock about 4mil for one person so it will be about 8mil you unlock it at in co-op or at least 7 mil depends on who sings what in co-op.

Cheers for the information and guide. Just had another go at it today on solo mode singing bust a move.
And i actually got it surprisingly.

DrunkenDucks
12-15-2008, 01:16 PM
Well. i have tried like 40 times on bust a move. got 100% and all medals. and using "star power" every time i can. still. NOTHING:(

Never mind. fixed it. took down my speaker and shaked the mic and the speaker at the same time while the mick was at the speaker

M0rdain
12-15-2008, 03:39 PM
Just downloaded some of the christmas songs, and on my first try of White Christmas, i got infinity, did not expect to get it. Even though i lost the vs. match but i still got the achievement :) (and my profile was signed in to lips on controller and mike 1, but due to the way we were swappin gmikes this time i sung on mike 2)

It is still under debate in our house as to how i got the infinity, while scoreing lower than my house mate. Especially considering the scores that other people have got when getting their infinity. So it definatly must be on something other than total score and stars. I do not think that i hit wvery note for every word. Yes i am male and i can get the low notes, ... mm that makes me think, i wonder if it is to do with singing it the same as the actual track (bear with me) as with other songs i will sing in a different octaive to the actual track (and i am not sure if it is always in the same key either lol) maybe that has an effect?

craven trio
12-19-2008, 10:45 PM
Here's what I believe you need:

A high enough score depending on the song, just like every other rank. I think the score boundary is about 14% more than for Big Bang.
200 stars on versus (includes solo), or 400 stars on coop.
All medals.
Get an average of Cool across the song (I think it's an average and it's OK to get some pages less than Cool if you get enough 100% or very close).
Nothing else, that's it!

I'm pretty sure this is accurate and doesn't contradict any of the reports in this thread, but unfortunately the game doesn't tell you your percentage so I can't be sure! (maybe the game is just very glitchy because some people have got such high scores I find it hard to believe they have an average of less than Cool, but from my research I think these are the official requirements of what you should be doing)

If (like me) you keep trying the same song, getting enough stars and medals and seeing Cool every time but not getting the achievement... then it's probably not possible on that song unless you can increase your score with better "vibrato", more tambourining, better star power paths, or just getting more of the chart. Try a different song. If you're not even seeing Big Bang (the rank below Infinity) then you're way off.

thecyberguy
12-22-2008, 09:10 PM
I'm having trouble with it also.

gaddarn
12-22-2008, 09:47 PM
Easiest way to do this:

(Dont kno If Its Been Said But...)

1) Only Turn 1 Mic On Dont Do 2 Player/Co-op!
2) Pic An Easy Song (Easiest I Found Was Bust A Move)
3) Hold Mic Against TV (And If You Got Speakers On Your TV With The Same Texture As The Top Of The Mics, For Vibrato Rub Mics Against Speakers For Vibrating Effect =P)
4) Get All Medals And As Many Points As You Can And You Should Have It!

pigeons_nest
12-23-2008, 08:46 PM
Straight Up not happenin,
Who ever said the only way is up was lying,
My first try on Bust A Move I got 3,984,736, but i just got 3,311,667, how is this possible?
Can anyone make a video of themselves gettin infinity on Bust A Move cos I cant see it happening, whats the timing for star power etc

grrr what a pain in the bum

:uzi:......................<Infinity>

iGoTiT4FrEe
12-24-2008, 07:30 AM
Straight Up not happenin,
Who ever said the only way is up was lying,
My first try on Bust A Move I got 3,984,736, but i just got 3,311,667, how is this possible?
Can anyone make a video of themselves gettin infinity on Bust A Move cos I cant see it happening, whats the timing for star power etc

grrr what a pain in the bum

:uzi:......................<Infinity>

My daughter just got this last night with the mic next to the speaker trick.She did it twice and got it the second time.She basicly just used star power as soon as she could and got all medals.Final score was just over 4.3Mil with about 290ish stars all done with 1 mic on Bust a Move (never missed a note).

Just keep at it and it will pop ;)

ShArKoLo
12-24-2008, 06:02 PM
I can't manage to get the PARTY medal! What's the easiest way to get it?
Also, i have the italian version, so my sister is trying to unlock this achieve singing "No One", she's very good but no ach(maybe with the party medal it will go better...). :)

Tracker4502
12-30-2008, 03:54 AM
For the part medal: Shake the microphone a large amount and rappidly. During a singing section after about 30 seconds of shaking you should get it. It also seems to be easier to get in VS or Co-Op mode than single player.

In other news: I'm very proud of myself, I just managed to inifinity "This One Goes Out" by R.E.M. on both microphones simultaneously while actually singing. While I did not 100% it, I did 'Cool' every phrase. Maybe you must keep a combo of sorts on singing songs, and straight out 100% talking songs?

MartiniKiss
12-31-2008, 01:53 AM
For the part medal: Shake the microphone a large amount and rappidly. During a singing section after about 30 seconds of shaking you should get it. It also seems to be easier to get in VS or Co-Op mode than single player.

In other news: I'm very proud of myself, I just managed to inifinity "This One Goes Out" by R.E.M. on both microphones simultaneously while actually singing. While I did not 100% it, I did 'Cool' every phrase. Maybe you must keep a combo of sorts on singing songs, and straight out 100% talking songs?

i dont think it means infinity on a certain song
its just ur in general rank

Pucca Princess
12-31-2008, 02:16 PM
Helped my sister on this a week ago (I already had it :)), we did the co-op for Bust a Move. What I did notice was that I actually missed a note and still got it, so it's definetely NOT 100% perfect needed. Just to clarify that fact, as some people mentioned it was 100 needed.

You DO need all medals (it helps if you get a third person to play instuments on both controllers on co-op). While one person is rapping (or ahhhhhh or la la la, whatever you use!) the other shakes the mic to gain star power (and this helps towards the Performance medal I believe). Just use star power right before you start rapping, and build up during the breaks. It's actually really easy this way :D

We did it this way once and got it. My sister had tried the speaker method a few times before and it did not work, so its probably easier just to ahh the song yourself instead of speakers :D

For those trying on single player, I did my method on single player just 2 minutes ago. It works. Just shake the mic in breaks, use star power asap (at the start before the verse if you can) and just la la la or ahhhhhhhh it. Again 100% NOT needed (i missed one note) but you do need all medals. Use the controller for the Party method, it's simple :D

Oh and you need around 300 stars (each if on co-op) for the achievement too. Hopefully this will help the few saying they can't get it :D

MartiniKiss
01-01-2009, 01:52 AM
Oh and you need around 300 stars (each if on co-op) for the achievement too. Hopefully this will help the few saying they can't get it :D

300 stars each? hmm i had about 1000 on hungry like the wolf in coop and still nothin
your rank has to be past superstar right

Pucca Princess
01-01-2009, 11:22 AM
300 stars each? hmm i had about 1000 on hungry like the wolf in coop and still nothin
your rank has to be past superstar right

I don't have the Superstar achievement/rank or anything. Almost got it, just need to sing about 20 more times :woop: With 1000 stars you really should have got it :( Unless you missed a medal or your score was too low? There was songs I did exceptionally well in and I couldn't get the achievement (100 percent or 99% note wise, loads of stars, high score) so maybe it's the song? Only one I could get Infinity was on Bust a Move.

EDIT

Just got my best ever score on "Yellow" - 2,792,956 points, 369 stars, all medals, and was pretty much 100% perfect (do not think i hit a wrong note unless i hit maybe a couple). No infinity. :( So like I said, could be song choice that affects the achievement, as as if this were to work like Bust a Move, it should have been infinity.

Creek
01-04-2009, 07:37 PM
how can i get this fucking achievement? i sang major tom (german version) with 9 mio points, over 1000 stars and all 12 medals and nothing! :(

Digilearner
01-05-2009, 02:32 AM
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f353/digilearner/Infinity.jpg

That also disproves needing over 4.1 million points and over 300 stars.

Just 100% the notes and I think you're good if you get all 6 medals...

I also was pressing A in 8th notes since someone said that's how the beat pretty much is since it's fast and it worked well.

PS: I didn't think I'd get it since I did pretty bad (as in timing my star powers), I saw everyone with over 300 stars not getting it. So the main key is 100% and every medal. That's just what I noticed since I tried this around 8 times.

Pucca Princess
01-05-2009, 06:38 PM
Just 100% the notes

Not true - several occasions I have had infinity and NOT had 100% of the notes. If it was 100%, I would get it on quite a few songs :( And I am pretty sure a video posted in this very thread featuring a REM song didn't have 100 and it got infinity (rewatched it - it missed quite a few of the notes.)...

95 percent sure, but 100, nope.

No one seems to be completely sure WHAT causes infinity. Maybe it is score related and a certain percentage needed correct (I am guessing in the 95% range). Medal wise seems useless now (well done on getting it on lower stars, I couldn't get it with less than 300 :() But it definetely ain't 100% perfect else I wouldn't have the achievement :)

juggalo50187
01-05-2009, 09:24 PM
HERE IT IS!

YouTube - LIPS- &quot;Im Kind of a Big Deal&quot; Achievement Guide HD (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNgWQxmpaPs)

I just got this twice (on my wife and my own) using the this technique on the first try each

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNgWQxmpaPs&eurl=http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=106901&page=3

Creek
01-07-2009, 09:52 AM
how did you guys get 4 mio points in solo-mode bust a move? i stuck on 3,3 mio dammit!

Pucca Princess
01-07-2009, 12:00 PM
how did you guys get 4 mio points in solo-mode bust a move? i stuck on 3,3 mio dammit!

Be as perfect on notes as possible, have all medals, and try to use star power just when your rapping (in other words, don't set it off when there is no singing going on, it wastes stars). It just takes practice :)

James-Shan
01-08-2009, 11:52 PM
This infinity rank is causing me some problems too. hehe. Managing to hit most of the song, with the trusty speaker method, and when i hit all 6 medals and 450+ stars i only got 2.9 million.

On a break i decided to just leave it to play itself. I left the Microphone on the TV; Returned and to my shock, a score of 3.9million! This is with 4 medals and 0 stars as i was not there to shake it.

When you have a star power charged up, do you gain more points. Only because i am wondering why, when i am there to shake it and use the star powers, the score is lower.

Anyhow, ill keep on Trekkin'. :)

Creek
01-09-2009, 03:26 PM
yeah i got it!!! bust a move, 300 stars, 4,5 mio points, 6 medals.

James-Shan
01-09-2009, 06:31 PM
Yes, I suppose you are right, but i dislike to song too much to learn it. I think i may be close to infinity singing Yellow. I will persevere and let you know.

Congratulations Creek :)

Boro360
01-09-2009, 06:48 PM
I just got the acheivement i got 4,295,253 score. 288 stars and all the medals :D

DeathCooper
01-13-2009, 08:40 PM
I have the italian version.. which song can I try??
Help me please

I had sing hungry like the wolf with 4.000.000 of points, all 12 medals and above 1000 stars

anslytlid
01-13-2009, 11:45 PM
I just got this achievement by singing by myself :) Wasn't really my intention to get it at first either, but after getting a high score on my first try, I tried a couple more times and got it.

I played the song called Bust a Move. What it seems to me, is that you have to get above 4 million points, all medals and cool on every line. Got the cool on every line achievement, the try before I got this achievements. Because of this I can't confirm that one for sure. However, I suppose that is needed, considering I don't think i missed anything more than a couple of notes, which I also did when I got the cool achievement. The reason I didn't get this achievement on my first tries was because I didn't figure out how to get the party medal before I was on my third try :)

TIM RLZ
01-14-2009, 08:16 AM
I got this achievement on bust a move with a song score of 3.7 mil, with all 6 medals. so i know that u dont have 2 have over 4 mil. maybe u need over 4 million if u dont have all medals?

anslytlid
01-14-2009, 09:11 AM
I know I have gotten above 4 mill withour getting it. So then I guess it would be to get cool on every line and to get all 6 medals on the same time.

Hello Kittyy17
01-14-2009, 09:51 AM
I finally got it, I did it on 'Bust a Move' after my 20th try XD I did it, such an awkward achievement, now I've only got the superstar rank one,100,000 stars and the win 20 challenge ones, so if you want to help me out, add me and send me a challenge? noone on my friends list have it :(.

Chr0n0
01-14-2009, 01:55 PM
Already got the Infinity achievement using Bust a Move and created a thread about it & medals to show exactly how. Was playing last night in co-op on White Christmas and got the infinity rank again without even trying lol! :)

TIM RLZ
01-14-2009, 10:32 PM
You can actually get the online achievements against yourself ;)

Send a challenge to another account of yours, rinse and repeat

does the other profile have to have a gold membership though? coz if it does i cant get it.

TIM RLZ
01-15-2009, 02:26 AM
Thanks i will try it now.

TIM RLZ
01-15-2009, 03:59 AM
yeah it works will a silver account, thanks

M4573RxB0x
01-17-2009, 10:26 PM
can you get this in single player instead of co-op because I have just got 2,845,872 on cold play with 390 stars and all medals and I still have big bang. This is the best i have every done and before I even started the song i have full star power from shaking the mic to get max stars and I still only got Big Bang.

Pucca Princess
01-17-2009, 11:56 PM
can you get this in single player instead of co-op because I have just got 2,845,872 on cold play with 390 stars and all medals and I still have big bang. This is the best i have every done and before I even started the song i have full star power from shaking the mic to get max stars and I still only got Big Bang.

You CAN get it single player.

However I have yet to get it on Yellow. I sing it perfect, totally perfect, and no Infinity. I got it solo on Bust a Move. It's a weird achievement, this Infinity :(

ritchie117
01-18-2009, 12:15 PM
Choose the song from M.C, then get 1 mic + 1 controller. Now, rub your mic circular on a bed. And press A the whole time in the same ritme. I got 4.5 Mill points on the song and received the achievement

Boro360
01-18-2009, 09:58 PM
I think you need to score over like 4 million maybe..

Frettdawg
01-21-2009, 06:12 AM
After nights and nights of trying for this we finally did!

We really struggled with this achievement and did not want to "cheat" by doing the rap song.

After much practice we where sitting around 7.3 million with 1,400 stars and 12 medals on the song "Straight Lines" by Silverchair on Co-Op mode and we began to think it was impossible.

We then decided to give it a rest and play vs mode using "Yellow" by Coldplay and lo, we managed Infinity, finally! It just so happened I was monitoring how many notes I was hitting and I missed 4 so we deduced that to get this achivement is not all about how much points you have or how many stars you get, it's how well you sing the song, note for note. We did get scores of over 2.5 million each with 300 stars and all medals.

You don't need 100% to do it, we think about 95% will get you it.

A note as well, the rank of Infinity appears before the stars get added to your score so thats how we decided it was not based on points. If you do sing note for note though you will find you'll naturally get a high score anyways so you don't need to worry too much, just focus on hitting the notes and you'll do it.

Good luck to those who are struggling and keep at it!

Pucca Princess
01-21-2009, 09:06 AM
After nights and nights of trying for this we finally did!

We really struggled with this achievement and did not want to "cheat" by doing the rap song.

After much practice we where sitting around 7.3 million with 1,400 stars and 12 medals on the song "Straight Lines" by Silverchair on Co-Op mode and we began to think it was impossible.

We then decided to give it a rest and play vs mode using "Yellow" by Coldplay and lo, we managed Infinity, finally! It just so happened I was monitoring how many notes I was hitting and I missed 4 so we deduced that to get this achivement is not all about how much points you have or how many stars you get, it's how well you sing the song, note for note. We did get scores of over 2.5 million each with 300 stars and all medals.

You don't need 100% to do it, we think about 95% will get you it.

A note as well, the rank of Infinity appears before the stars get added to your score so thats how we decided it was not based on points. If you do sing note for note though you will find you'll naturally get a high score anyways so you don't need to worry too much, just focus on hitting the notes and you'll do it.

Good luck to those who are struggling and keep at it!

I'm surprised you got it on Yellow - I have been note perfect on co-op (I sing in both microphones - you'll be surprised at the extra stars you get :D) and get more than 300 stars and more points than you listed (was around 2.6mil i believe) and I never got it :confused: Very unusual, I do believe others have failed to get it on Yellow, so well done :)

DenmarkDan
01-22-2009, 01:32 PM
Hey, Im new to the forum, but i wanted to know if any of you could add me, its frustrating trying to get the battle achievements when you have no friends who have lips :p also id like to play online against someone, seems like a cool idea. My Gamertag Is DenmarkDan :D thanks alot everyone

Pucca Princess
01-22-2009, 02:47 PM
Hey, Im new to the forum, but i wanted to know if any of you could add me, its frustrating trying to get the battle achievements when you have no friends who have lips :p also id like to play online against someone, seems like a cool idea. My Gamertag Is DenmarkDan :D thanks alot everyone

Welcome to the forum :) This is the wrong place to request challenges, if you go to this thread : http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=86348 and post there you are more likely to get challenges than here. :)

But if you want challenges, feel free to add me :)

Deadly Moves
01-22-2009, 02:57 PM
I got it on single player. Just picked 'Bust a move' and just kept da da do'in all the way through. lol

I got 4 million and all the medals.. You have to get all 6 medals to get Inifinty.

My bro inlaw did the same thing and got it.

Creek
01-23-2009, 08:56 PM
when i got it the first time i had 4070.000 points on bust a move, but it didn't work with just 4 mio points.

and after that i got it twice in versus mode (multiplayer).

TigaSefi
01-23-2009, 11:27 PM
After well over 40 times, finally got infinity on Coldplay Yellow.

http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/2855/photo0025av9.th.jpg (http://img403.imageshack.us/my.php?image=photo0025av9.jpg)

Pucca Princess
01-23-2009, 11:31 PM

*picture, won't quote it just look up :P*

http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/photo0025av9.jpg/1/w1024.png (http://g.imageshack.us/img403/photo0025av9.jpg/1/)

I've had a score of 2.6 mil in that song, yet I never got infinity in it....what gives?! :( More medals too. This achievement is so confusing :/ Just glad i already have it! :D

EDIT I decided to give it another chance so I can see that it didn't work for me..and I got infinity :o score of 2,288,358, 383 stars. About time I got it on this song :P Taken pic to prove it for family members who said I couldn't do it too, lol :D

TigaSefi
01-24-2009, 12:09 AM
I made the picture smaller. Sorry about that.

It very odd thing to get Infinity. My gf hasn't managed it since.

Pucca Princess
01-24-2009, 12:15 AM
I made the picture smaller. Sorry about that.

It very odd thing to get Infinity. My gf hasn't managed it since.

Someone did post a picture earlier in this thread where they got lots of points and stars, but a big bang rating, yet their friend who they were on VS got less points and stars and got infinity. You could see both scores and everything, it was very odd. There doesn't seem to be a 100% sure answer on how to get this achievement :(

I wish the guys who made the game could just tell us how they determine the rank, as it's been confirmed that you don't need 100%, and you can still get it on a low score and stars rating.

A N A R C H Y
01-24-2009, 04:31 PM
Okay, reading these comments on how people got it makes me so jealous. I have gotten over 9 million, all medals, and I think it was like 1,000+ stars on CO-OP once, and I don't have the achievement. :S
Guess I'll keep trying. :(

bedroom
01-24-2009, 06:30 PM
i thought this was going to be really really hard but is it poo..

all though i did not sing once and i unlocked 2 acheivments..
i didnt buy this game and im only playing for acheivments so spose it doesnt matter but ill tell you how I did it.

have your mic and control ( i did 1player btw) and go on sing and choose Young MC - bust a move ... following me yes? ... hold the mic to your speaker on your tele and with your control keep tapping LB or RB and shaking your mic infront of the speaker.. every note will be perfect ( make sure your TVs loud enough) and you will get all 6 medals and then at the end of the song sit back and relax and watch the infintiy appear

i was suprised XO

OnEdEcK
01-29-2009, 05:29 PM
I Just got this.. What a pain!! finally got it with the mic next to tv on bust a move 4.2mil - 263 stars. What a nob-ed achievement thou! It has probably made every score whore look a right plank, rubbing the mic on their legs or holding it by the tv, my mate came into mine and was WTF are you doing with that mic!

HAHA, anyways finally got the little sh*t, good luck if your still going for it.

Pucca Princess
01-29-2009, 05:43 PM
Okay, reading these comments on how people got it makes me so jealous. I have gotten over 9 million, all medals, and I think it was like 1,000+ stars on CO-OP once, and I don't have the achievement. :S
Guess I'll keep trying. :(

What song did you try? Certain songs are a pain to get infinity in :(

Stufin135
01-29-2009, 07:50 PM
Im really conffused why people are still saying hold the mic up to the tv on bust a move. If you look at the first or second page of this thread its written there, it's also in my achievement guide and i still wonder why people are posting this?

head0r Inc
01-31-2009, 01:54 AM

http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/2855/photo0025av9.th.jpg (http://img403.imageshack.us/my.php?image=photo0025av9.jpg)

How have you done this, HOW?! xD

I tried it now over 30 times, i can only get 1.100.000 points (without the stars) and max 1.700.000 points with the stars... I get everytime all medals and so on but no achievement. Is there a trick to push the "vibrato" multiplicator? I saw some guys got 2.500.000 in this song....please.. tell me how you got this :(

Pucca Princess
01-31-2009, 07:51 AM
How have you done this, HOW?! xD

I tried it now over 30 times, i can only get 1.100.000 points (without the stars) and max 1.700.000 points with the stars... I get everytime all medals and so on but no achievement. Is there a trick to push the "vibrato" multiplicator? I saw some guys got 2.500.000 in this song....please.. tell me how you got this :(

Only got the Inifinity once in Yellow, took me by surprise! It seems difficult to get it in, and when I got it, I was note perfect which seems to be difficult :(

All I can suggest is that people have said before, to put your mic near a fan or blow into it. I get vibrato all the time, but I am not actually sure what I am doing that does it, I wish I did so I could tell you :(

DoubleUD NL
01-31-2009, 03:52 PM
Fascinated by this thread I just gave it a shot. I usually get good scores in singing games, but I couldn't figure out how to get the party medal on a regular basis. Read it about it today (as you might now it's about making noise long enough on the beat) and just picked a song.

Funny thing is as I see people worrying about their scores, it's really percentage-based instead of merely the score. Fake Plastic Trees of Radiohead (which I chose) won't get you a high score at all, I got 1,5 million for instance with 215 stars and all the medals, but did get the achievement.

I'd suggest just pick a song you like, improving the chances of a good score. Focus also on getting all the medals. If you're a little bit of singer, then it shouldn't be too hard :-)

I will upload a pic asap.

pRoPaNe244
02-08-2009, 08:53 PM
Done on 'Bust a Move' Single Player
Heres a Screenshot:
http://i44.tinypic.com/e04m1d.jpg

pRoPaNe244
02-08-2009, 08:56 PM
Done on 'Bust a Move' Single Player
Heres a Screenshot:
http://i44.tinypic.com/e04m1d.jpg I did this by pressing a repeatedly on the beat to get the party medal and then hold the mic to the tv with the sound on high, then for the perfomance medal i shaked the microphone in a circle above my head whilst there were no lyrics hope this helps you all (:
Regards
XBL GT: x pRoPaNe

Female_Gamer
02-08-2009, 11:16 PM
I have the german version of Lips and there's a song named "36 Grad by 2Raumwohnung"...I got like 4,120,400 Score, 528 Stars & all medals but still no infinity ... and I sang the song almost perfect. This is the most annoying (next to multiplayer) achievement I've yet encountered :uzi:

Frettdawg
02-12-2009, 09:55 PM
Your score has nothing to do with infinity, you could vibrato your ass off and miss half the notes and still have a good score, it's all about notes hit.

I've won on points loads of times, gotten big bang but the wife has gotten infinity on the same song. Infinity doesn't mean win. Just means you hit notes.

Since getting Infinity on Yellow we've been able to do it most of the time, we can now Infinity Straight Lines, Look what you've done and Take on Me.

How do you guys take screenshots of your TV? When I try it's just a big blur of light.

SinisterTaaffe
02-17-2009, 03:20 AM
if any1 is having a hard time with this 1 i think i can help wat i did was set it on coop pick bust a move an if u dont hav a friend to help dont worry i did it on my own all u have to do is make sure u dont miss a note an for this song its so easy also when u get a star stream hold on tell both mics hav it then actiate it. if u do this you will get it no prob hope i hav helped if u need help with anything that i hav just mgs me.

oO CH3LS3A Oo
02-19-2009, 07:44 PM
i got this straight away through cheating i chose the song bust a move and made a zzzzzzz sound like a bee down the mic i got about 4.5 million and all medals and about 500 stars try it its the easiest way to get it and wen i want to boost stars i try it and can still get infinity.

III Trickz III
02-23-2009, 07:40 PM
Just keep playing the game.... you'll rank up slowly

Pucca Princess
02-23-2009, 08:28 PM
Just keep playing the game.... you'll rank up slowly

You're confusing this with Superstar by the sounds of it ;) You don't rank up Infinity - infinity is a single song rating. Superstar is the one that ranks up as you get more medals and stars by singing more and more.

wgpfly
02-24-2009, 10:00 AM
Sorry this was taken with my phone I also had all six medals. My score before the end of the song was 2.7 Mil.

https://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&ik=d5d52f4d19&view=att&th=11fa7b808e3ba4c1&attid=0.1&disp=inline&zw

TanyaSpace
02-25-2009, 05:07 PM
Got it on Lip Gloss. Took 3 tries...
Annoying song but it worked so Iīm not gonna complain :)

http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/5854/cimg1670.jpg

x400C
03-11-2009, 09:17 PM
i got it last night with Bust A Move in front of the TV speakers. Shook the mic whenever the Star Meter was full and in between verses.

got 4.2 million

Paliadon
03-14-2009, 10:25 AM
Just wondering if anyone would like to add me as a friend to help me achieve challenge achievement. I don't know anyone who actually has Lips.

Cheers to all that may help.

:-)

Always happy to leave a positive feedback.

snume
04-01-2009, 06:07 AM
Just got it finally. Bust A Move (what else) vs mode 4.2 mil 301 stars all medals.

Do like stated earlier and shake the mikes like crazy whenever you're not singing

GrAgOt
04-05-2009, 10:42 PM
already got it twice singing yellow, it was easier then cheating for bust a move

BigChris8T4
04-17-2009, 11:06 AM
Yay! I finally unlocked this achievement after a couple of goes! got 4.2mil in total all 6 medals and bout 300 odd stars. I did it on 'bust a move'. Thank god for that. Only 3 ach left to get! :woop:

ItsNymo
04-25-2009, 02:13 AM
Hey everyone. Just got the game and I knew that one of the first things I wanted to do before even going though most of the game and even connecting online and getting the update was to get this achievement.

unfortunately, After reading through and trying some of the tips you all had: I still can't get it.

I think the main thing is getting all the medals, and the ones I'm usually missing are the Party and Technique medals.

For the Party medal, I just wanted to ask:
In what beat are you pressing along with, specifically on Bust a Move? also, Does your beat have to be PERFECT throughout the whole song to do it?

granted, Is the infinity score based on score, medals, and/or having it 100%, or a mixture of some? Kinda confused browsing through the thread...

Any additional tips are appreciated! seriously: I'm getting REALLY tired of 'Bust A Move'... ;)

oh, And also: Does it matter if it's long or short version of the song? Thanks in advance!

Epic Malice
04-25-2009, 02:58 AM
what worked for me was singing co-op on that REM song. it is ridiculously easy to get the infinity rank and all the medals on that song.

Barker76
04-25-2009, 11:12 AM
I got it on Robbie and Nicole.
It's simply a case of getting a good score on that song plus all 6 medals and you will pass big bang to infinity.
Took me 3 tries cos for some reason i'm good at that song!

MooMofo
05-03-2009, 01:35 PM
hey thanks alot, i didn't think i was going to be able to get this till i tried this song.. at first i just used the speakers while doing everything else myself, but i ended up getting less than 2 mil... i then tried it myself and got it my first second try...

http://s157.photobucket.com/albums/t49/MooMofo/?action=view&current=CIMG0654.jpg <---in case pic doesn't show

http://s157.photobucket.com/albums/t49/MooMofo/?action=view&current=CIMG0654.jpg

billfuclinton197
05-08-2009, 01:29 AM
I just got this achievement by playing "The One I Love" by R.E.M. on single player. You have to do the noises to get the medal, along with getting all the other medals, and use your star stream. I found that the best time to use your Star Stream is when you are saying "Fire" and it is a really long word..You get tons of starts on that...its extremely easy..I got about 370 stars and just over 3 million points

Paddyboss
05-08-2009, 08:57 PM
I Got 4,000,000 on bust a move all cools and 200 stars but still big bang

daninthemix
05-10-2009, 12:26 PM
Just to let everyone know - this is harder to get since the update. I tried Bust a Move with the Mic in between a set of headphones turned up loud, and was getting around 3.8 million every time (tried it six or more times).

I then cleared the Xbox cache to get rid of the update and did exactly the same thing but this time got 4.3 million and the achievement.

HJO1403
05-26-2009, 02:38 PM
did co op got all the badges...
the technique one right at the end on both. didn't give it me on the stats page?

WTF!

its ridiculous...

how on earth are you supposed to do this?
i get nowhere near the score cheating never mind actually singing!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Princess Zmee
06-04-2009, 11:00 AM
tried for months for this and couldnt get it no matter what i did, but i downloaded chasing cars got 1,630,000 ish and didnt 100% but got all medals and 223 stars and cake-walked it. played the same song 7 times with varying scores and got it every time.:locked

Donut Hill
06-05-2009, 01:52 AM
Thank you, thank you, thank you for all the advice everyone! I had stopped playing this game because of this achievement, but I figured I would try it again after reading this thread, and did it! I got infinity twice in a row on "the One I Love", both times I got all 6 medals, 3.4 million points and about 440 stars :)

Hutchilawd
06-21-2009, 10:24 AM
I have just noticed, judging by everyone's scores...i really suck at this game!!!
John Denver's 'Country Roads' is apparantley good for scoring on.

Cissnei
06-21-2009, 10:30 AM
I guess I'm really unlucky. I got 3,9 million points on bust a move for 4 times in a row, but I don't seem to be able to get the 4.0 million which is kinda annoying. No matter if I sing, put the mic to the speakers, rub them over my cloths I get almost exactly the same score. And I really don't want to delete the update. Need timestamp :(

Shelton
06-21-2009, 04:41 PM
Just to let everyone know - this is harder to get since the update. I tried Bust a Move with the Mic in between a set of headphones turned up loud, and was getting around 3.8 million every time (tried it six or more times).

I then cleared the Xbox cache to get rid of the update and did exactly the same thing but this time got 4.3 million and the achievement.

Harder on Bust a Move? Yes.

Harder for the other songs? No. It's actually easier.

Before the update, I had never received an infinity rating on any song other than Bust a Move. However after the update was installed I managed to get it on 3 others. Island in the Sun, Yellow, and Straight Lines. I wasn't singing any better, they just changed the mechanics of the infinity rating to make it easier to acquire.

MusePT23
06-23-2009, 09:00 AM
I was able to this legit on my 3rd try in Coldplay's "Yellow"... got: 1.465.088 points 324 stars and all the medals... :)

xboxbuff
06-27-2009, 04:42 AM
I finally got this infinity rank by the new DLC song: I Want You To Want Me by Cheap Trick.

with 286 stars, 1,623,487 points, and all medals.
just sing it well, no special tricks needed.
I snapped a pic below, hope this can help.:)
http://i44.tinypic.com/2luqjdc.jpg

Des Bon Bons
07-01-2009, 11:00 AM
I finally got this singing 'Somewhere only we know' by Keane. It was my 12th try and I was close to giving up.

Dackno
07-09-2009, 08:09 PM
Okay. Ive been following this thread for the whole day, reading everyones opinions.

Now i trusted everyones opinion of course and tried each persons songs they said they did it on.

Now, obviously on most occasions, when you try your soul hardest to get an achievement, it never happens. But when you dont and least expect it, it does.

This is what happened to me, when singing to Aha - Take on me.

Now, during this song, i did miss a few tiny lines. And i mean, the ones that are just "Thi.." "..ngs that you say" etc (Thats just an example). This means that "no, you dont have to perfect a song 100%

Yet i do generally believe you may need all 6 medals. I didnt get the 6th medal when achieving this. But when the scoring screen showed up, it told me i had "/

My score on it was 2,5341,518 and a peasely 516 Stars.
Now if that is accomplishable through obtaining that amount of score. Then i think it has definately got something to do with how many Vocal bonuses you get during the song.

On this attempt i tried so hard to not stuff up on the high notes and luckily enough my voice didnt break (as im 20years old and my voice went when i was 14 or something lol).

Try your hardest on this song. If you feel you arent going to get all 6 medals by the end of the song, dont exit the song just yet. as i got the last and hardest medal of all, right at the end with this.

It is a tricky achievement to get. Keep singing the same song over and over again. Make sure it is a song you are comfortable with and give it all you got.

Girls, it should be alot easier for you. ;)
Good Luck.

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p284/saladman23/Untitled.jpg

CoG Valkyrie
07-10-2009, 03:26 AM
I'm a singer, i've been singing for ages thru out my life, been part of a band and all, it doesnt help being a girl and singing this...

This achievement literally has made me want to smack my x box to pieces! My best mate got it 10 times in a row singing Yellow and his a boy and he sings like crap lol!

Oh well, it is true, when you really want something it never happens, nonetheless i really love this game! :D

fluffydonger
07-11-2009, 05:05 PM
My god this achievement is enough to make you pull someone else's hair (not your own), tried for ages on BUST A MOVE with no luck, then i tried it on another console in the house (my sons) & on the 2nd go BINGO, it popped up, got 4,100,000, 360 stars & all 6 badges, so i went back to my console & guess what, F**K ALL, i almost smacked the mic up the wall, has anyone got a suggestion for an "easier" song to try & aquire the achievement? thanks all

Dackno
07-12-2009, 01:59 PM
Take on me is the easiest. There are long waited durations between the begining and second chorus. Get your star stream up in those times.

I am led to believe now, that getting vibrato bonuses is essential. It isnt how many stars you get. But that is what gets your score up double. Its how many bonuses (with all 6 medals) you get for vibrato.

This song is the bee's knees if you are able to hit Mortans high notes like i have taught myself to do so.
You dont need to destroy your throat and go red in the face to achieve this high note. Just simply sing it softly but in a high breeze.
I am able to do this and YOU SHOULD HEAR ME IN REAL lol.
Now i am only 3 achievements away from 1000-ing Lips.

All i need is 20 Challenge wins (I need you guys help to do this) F/r me and lets dual.

(Superstar! - Achieve 100,000 Total stars) - Im on the road to achieveing this but it may take a little while. I need to get 100 medals for each i believe and i need to get 2 types up to 100. They are both like 55 or something. plus 100,000 stars. I have 60,000 in total. lol.

(Call me Superstar) - I gather that you unlock this when you unlock the above achievement? am i wrong? Well if that is the case, the only one that will bug me is the 20 challenge wins.

That may take a while. ^_^
Feel free to challenge me at Take on me. No cheating though! =]

fluffydonger
07-13-2009, 12:04 PM
Finally got the bugger

eliott256
07-14-2009, 05:42 PM
From other thread:
After spending hours trying to get infinity with 'Bust A Move' (I never wish to hear that song again in my life) I decided to give one of the songs I know best and am best at singing a go, so I chose 'No-one' by Alicia Keys, first attempt I got 2,100,000 about 400 stars and 5/6 medals, no Infinity. Played it through afterwards got just over 2,100,000, 400 stars and 6/6 medals and bingo :locked :woop:http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/3835/dsc00202m.jpg

eliott256
07-15-2009, 04:50 PM
After ages of not being able to get it, I get it twice in 2 days lol:
http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/7738/dsc00212alh.jpg

Gunstar Red
08-06-2009, 09:17 PM
I just got this on Bust-A-Move. Scored 4,399,615 with 316 Stars and 6 Medals and 100% the song on Solo.

Evo Kazz
08-09-2009, 04:53 PM
Congrats to all who have done this, I have got it now too, yay, just got 1000/1000 on this game, finally after monthssssssss

A Perfect Thief
09-10-2009, 11:30 AM
this is fustrating iv tryed bust a move 25+ times my best being 3.989m 11k off 4m and can anyone help me and explain what vibrato is and how to obtain easier?

ohayo!
09-26-2009, 06:02 PM
the best song for this achievement is erase/rewind.
it's easy to sing and gives many vibrato opportunities

lichties
10-17-2009, 11:24 PM
I just got the achievment eventually after a lot of trying on bust a move going da da da and shaking like mad.

You DONT need 100% of notes as i missed bust a move at the very start

Got 329 stars
4,290,441 points
all 6 medals

So it possible!

doomey
12-13-2009, 04:02 PM
Does anyone know any good tips to earn infinity for number 1 hits? or can you only get infinity on lips (original)?

Honey Child 248
12-13-2009, 07:22 PM
Just got this motherfuuuurker! What a pain in the ass! Been getting like 100k then 50k off 4 million all day until about 5 mins ago. PRAISE THE LORD! ha

doomey
12-15-2009, 12:23 PM
I received the Infinity rank with number one hits last night, with karma Chameleon, the song has 1 section that gives you party without much effort, and another which awards you with performance, so its a good song to get the other medals easily.

Later I got the 12 badge award also using this song. (sang into both mics myself)

rza_2002
12-16-2009, 05:35 PM
Does anyone know any good tips to earn infinity for number 1 hits? or can you only get infinity on lips (original)?

i tried bust a move on the original disc got it after about 5 attempts, hey there delilah on no1 hits its easy for me, while singing this time i played about with the controllers to get the last medal, got infinity rank almost 1 million points under my top score, i'll post some pics the now

http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/9836/dsc01028a.th.jpg (http://img695.imageshack.us/i/dsc01028a.jpg/) - BUST A MOVE (INFINITY)

http://img683.imageshack.us/img683/1259/dsc01029g.th.jpg (http://img683.imageshack.us/i/dsc01029g.jpg/) - PLAIN WHITE TEES (INFINITY)

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/860/dsc01031j.th.jpg (http://img402.imageshack.us/i/dsc01031j.jpg/) - PLAIN WHITE TEES (HIGHEST SCORE)

TLOR FETT
01-01-2010, 04:13 AM
After reading this post I got it my first RE-try.

I had been scoring from 3.7mil to 4.7mil on Beck - Im a Looser
Getting all medals and no achievements/award.

I read this post then sand the song just doing my best and making sure to Vibrato is much as I could and got it with like 3.6 mil on first re-try.

Fiyablayze
01-01-2010, 08:37 PM
LOL i got infinity on the reason by hoobastank.

matsam
01-03-2010, 02:49 AM
I have been trying this forever and I realized a lot of people here talked about the vibrato, so I decided to change my technique to focus on vibrato instead: result, I just got 2 songs ranked "Infinity", finally getting me the achievement!

Got it on "Take on Me" and "The One I Love" pretty easily when I did a decent job at keeping my vibrato multiplier going!

bbk70
01-11-2010, 02:35 PM
I received the Infinity rank with number one hits last night, with karma Chameleon, the song has 1 section that gives you party without much effort, and another which awards you with performance, so its a good song to get the other medals easily.

Later I got the 12 badge award also using this song. (sang into both mics myself) Same here last night. I hardly played Lips, and last night was my first go on #1 Hits. I'm NOT a good singer, and I hardly get any vibrato bonuses. Yet I got (something like) 3.6 million on this and the infinity ranking, first go, no problem. Of course, I remember the song VERY well (i'm old, see!), and its very easy to sing and just my pitch, I think at one point I was 144 on the combo thing. I recommend you all try this one!

TeamNolife
02-23-2010, 07:50 PM
i don't wanna cheat with tv but this one i just dont get it i song hey there delilah over 4000000 with a 250 combo still nothing :-(

OMG posting this helped i guess... i just keeped on singing hey there delilah i got it on 3.200.000 million somehow whaha i just keep on pushing the a button my perfomance was kinda bad and still I'M KIND OF A BIG DEAL yeahhh! :-)

rza_2002
02-24-2010, 10:44 AM
although after my posts above, i just realised i didnt get the avatar award, even though i've had infinity rank about 5 times... and now when i try it, its just not working (even though i'm top 100 on lb on about 4 songs)

Hittowl
04-06-2010, 10:22 PM
Just got this on the Erasure song Always. Got all the medals and a score of 2.2m. I did get the vibrato multiplier up to x4, which I've not managed before.

sircamjim
08-22-2010, 04:26 AM
My sister got 100 000 more than me in the same song, and we both got 6 medals (different times) and I got the infinite ans she didn't. When I got it I was online, so i thing some missable achievements need to be online. BTW this game has glitches, so you might need a few tries. BTW I got infinity in carnival (DLC) with 1 750 000 aprox and 6 stars (one of the few songs i can sing well)

Tom115
08-26-2010, 11:20 PM
I don't think it has anything to do with the amount of stars or the score. I think it's something like getting 'Cool' on every page and getting all 6 medals at the same time.

nananakikii
08-27-2010, 09:22 PM
I got this on the DLC song Right Here Waiting by Richard Marx. I don't remember how high I scored but I know I had all the medals- worth a try if anyone is struggling and has the song? :)

jelwez
08-30-2010, 05:58 PM
can someone please please tell me how to get this achievement my partner and i have sang every song that came on all the discs and a handful of dlc songs, tried every suggestion in this thread, played single, co op and versus and not even come close, we tried the mic trick, held it near the tele and even had the head of the microphone touching the speakers but we just cant even get close, 3.5 mil is the nearest we have got to it yet!! we not bad singers and cant see how people are getting this so comfortably, we have seen people with a 12 million score but we can just about scrape a quarter of that.

jelwez
09-08-2010, 07:50 PM
Just scored 4.7 million on maroon 5 she will be loved and it still wasn't good enough!!! What does this game want???

naranek
10-28-2010, 01:38 AM
I just read 7 pages of this topic and from all the comments and observations I think I have figured out what you need to do to get Infinity and the I'm King Of A Big Deal achievement.

Think of Infinity as a 7th medal that they slap right over the top of your rank. This is how a person who gets Big Bang rank can beat a person who got Infinity but a lower score, because really they also got Big Bang plus an Infinity medal.

Since people have got Infinity even if they miss a word during the song I think Infinity requires you to get the maximum score multiplier during the song. Your score multiplier goes back to x1 every time you miss a word. I don’t know what the maximum is but I think it is x99 <edit - I don't think there is a maximum>. As a side effect of reaching x99 you will of course get Cools, a high score and lots of stars. However another player might reach x98 and then miss a word but reach x98 again and beat your score, but still won’t get Infinity. So it’s not based on how many words you drop but when you dropped them. I also believe you need to have got all six medals (also the maximum) and reach a certain vibrato bonus multiplier (maybe also the maximum). If getting the maximum rank of Big Bang is also a requirement you will easily reach that anyway.

CutePoisonCTU
11-01-2010, 02:20 PM
LOL i got infinity on the reason by hoobastank.

lol, yeah everytime I sing this song I get the rank of infinity. Wasn't even going for it and just got it, which I guess I shouldn't brag about because I know this achievement has really annoyed people!

naranek
01-05-2011, 01:50 AM
I just read 7 pages of this topic and from all the comments and observations I think I have figured out what you need to do to get Infinity and the I'm King Of A Big Deal achievement.

Just want to add a couple of things.

With the original Lips, I tried holding the mike up to the speaker for Bust a Move and got Infinity. When I tried the same thing with Lips #1 Hits (to get the Shades of Infinity) this method didn't work. Looks like they updated things in #1 Hits to stop people cheating like that.

My 11 year old got Infinity the first time she sang Karma Chameleon, so this is a good one to try.

naranek
02-07-2011, 10:26 PM
So it’s not based on how many words you drop but when you dropped them. I also believe you need to have got all six medals (also the maximum) and reach a certain vibrato bonus multiplier (maybe also the maximum).

My 11 year old got Infinity the first time she sang Karma Chameleon, so this is a good one to try.

I have now got Infinity myself singing Always On My Mind. I got all six medals and a multiplier of about x120, so not missing a single note for a long period is key. I don't think I got a vibrato higher than x3, so it doesn't look like that is important.

AnubisGX
02-13-2011, 09:22 AM
I got my infinity rank on "Take Me Home Country Roads". I was under the impression that you needed around 4 million to get it, but I only scored 2.5 million. I was like "oh...okay." I didn't full combo but I got my vibrato to x6 and got about 300 stars. this song isn't too hard to sing. It has a lot of places to land vibrato.

Ivanich E Ringpiece
03-23-2011, 12:47 PM
Just keep singing and trying

jelwez
03-27-2011, 04:01 PM
YES! Finally got this and legitimately too! I think the key is too sing it by yourself as you need to get all the medals and score high. My partner and i were scoring nearly 5 million together and missing an odd medal each and still didnt get it but when we sang solo he got 1.6 mill and all medals on love changes everything and i got 2.2 mil on i'll stand by you and got all medals and both comfortably got an Infinity rank

anthonyd46
04-17-2011, 07:35 PM
If anyone is having problems i got it by

1. Deleting Game update for original lips
2. Bust a Move By Young mc
3. Vs. Mode
4. Shake both mics at beginning to get party and performance medals at once also shake then after the break it down line so you get star power when it comes back
5. 3,500,000 + with all 6 medals will do it.

TeeHee004
09-17-2011, 09:21 AM
If anyone is still struggling with this, I got it with relative ease with 'Hey Baby' by DJ Otzi (?) - just be wary of vibratos.
I don't have the cool on every page but still got infinity so I don't know if this is necessary; I made a couple of mistakes which reset my multiplier - don't believe I got higher than about 140x - but recieved all medals and about (memory willing) 3.5 or 4.5mil.

Good luck!

MANDY
05-14-2012, 07:10 AM
I've got the Infinity rank very easy on several songs:
* Don't know why - Norah Jones
* Apologize - One republic
* Karma chameleon - Culture club
* More than words - Extreme
* White flag - Dido
* Shout - Tears for Fears