PDA

View Full Version : Maximum stars per song

OldWIKI TIK
11-22-2008, 02:34 AM
Has anyone else had it happen to where you could not gain anymore stars on a song? I have 3 now that I can no longer get credit for stars aquired. It is going to hurt getting to 100k!

dotty
11-22-2008, 06:30 PM
That is very odd. I've yet to experience such a problem. I know that after activating Star Stream is usually the chance to get stars, and when the lyrics stop scrolling near the end of a song, points will stop accumulating.

Has your mic been dying out during a song without your knowing? It's happened to me.

OldWIKI TIK
11-22-2008, 06:32 PM
Nope, everything works like normal except that now when I complete the song, the stars that I accumulated do not count toward my total star count. It is very frustrating! ---------------- Now playing: Paul Pollack - My Song (http://www.foxytunes.com/artist/paul+pollack/track/my+song) via FoxyTunes (http://www.foxytunes.com/signatunes/)

dotty
11-22-2008, 08:50 PM
Man, that's not good... :/ Maybe try clearing your 360's cache and see if it works? If that doesn't, well... I don't know what will.

Stufin135
11-22-2008, 10:13 PM
To me it sounds like a very logical thing to do. If you can only get 2,500 stars per song lets say, then you times that by 40 (the no. of on disc songs) and you 100,000 stars, enough for the achievement. It seems very logical to me and not unusall in games either (eg Rock Band 1 had a 1,000,000 fan cap at difficulties) this is very similar to that really. Unless you mean you aren't allowed stars of any songs?

FlamedLiquid
11-27-2008, 09:14 AM
This has just happened to me on the Ally and AJ song. I was wondering why my star total wasnt going up. I think the way to tell how many more stars you can obtain in a song is going into "My Lips".

Look at the Top 10. It will show you how many times youve played the song and theres a number under that as well. usually in the thousands, but for the Ally and AJ song it said 0 for me.

Yes its going to suck to get 100,000.....but I believe each song lets you acquire atleast 10,000.

Edit:

I can pretty much confirm this now. I switched over to the Taylor Swift song and after about 10,000 stars in that it now says "0" under the number of how many times Ive played it.

So as long as a song doesnt have a "0" under the number of how many times youve played the song(I'll be the 2nd number.if I'm confusing people)..than you should still be able to get stars on the song.

dotty
11-27-2008, 04:02 PM
I have sung Sara Bareilles' Love Song so much to the point where I get no more stars towards my total (I've checked a few times to make sure). But on my top ten, the number below how many times I've played Love Song still shows the number 4,274. That number must stand for something else. :/

FlamedLiquid
11-27-2008, 07:17 PM
hmmmm....weird.

I have no clue what it means. I notice when I playa song that number usually doesnt decrease either..but for songs I cant get any more stars in theres a 0 when there used to be a different number.

Spinoff90
11-29-2008, 02:29 PM
This has just happened to me on the Ally and AJ song. I was wondering why my star total wasnt going up. I think the way to tell how many more stars you can obtain in a song is going into "My Lips".

Look at the Top 10. It will show you how many times youve played the song and theres a number under that as well. usually in the thousands, but for the Ally and AJ song it said 0 for me.

Yes its going to suck to get 100,000.....but I believe each song lets you acquire atleast 10,000.

Edit:

I can pretty much confirm this now. I switched over to the Taylor Swift song and after about 10,000 stars in that it now says "0" under the number of how many times Ive played it.

So as long as a song doesnt have a "0" under the number of how many times youve played the song(I'll be the 2nd number.if I'm confusing people)..than you should still be able to get stars on the song.

Pretty sure the number below is supposed to be how many other people have played it but that it is glitched. It isn't stars for sure though since I have 0 on songs I have done once and wouldn't have reached the max in.

discostu1337
11-29-2008, 04:15 PM
Just sing along to any of the 10000000 songs you can import into the game via Zune/iPod/HDD. They give you stars.

FlamedLiquid
11-29-2008, 07:28 PM
yah I honestly dont know what that number is now. I did get past 100,000 stars though. Just play the songs your good at about 8 times each. Youll probally reach the cutoff of stars by than.

Songs I found to get over close to or over 1,000 stars in each time on CO-OP:

Take Me Home Country Roads
The Potential BreakUp Song
I'm A Survivor
LipGloss
Take On Me
Young Folks
Umbrella
Love Song
I'm Only Me When I'm With You

SatNiteEduardo
12-05-2008, 02:29 AM

Edit:

that zero is meant to be the number of times other people around the world have sung that song - it says so when you are in that screen - look at the "news ticker" at the bottom of screen

EDIT: for me the lowest number is against the aussie songs - I assume the other versions do not have Cold Chisel or John Farnham.

The Cold Chisel song has 400 as the number and I did not get a huge number of stars. John Farnham has zero and I have only sung it once.

M0rdain
12-09-2008, 11:47 AM
I thought that the figure under the number of times you had sung the song, was the total times it had been sung world wide. The highest number i have seen there is about 50,000, for that dam umbrella song grr (maybe i am anoyed because my fiancee and house mate love that song and keep singing it lol)