PDA

View Full Version : Penalty shot without using your feet.

dreamcaster
10-10-2006, 10:35 PM
For those who don´t wanna play with their feet, or putting tape on your controller. :woop: (you still need 2 controllers for this)

Ok lets begin by going to the menus and turn the penatly sliders all the way to the right, and penatly shot sliders to the right. Set the clock to 5 min periods and realtime clock, set to Hall of Famer difficulty or All-star difficulty.

Human controlled options, all the way to the right
Computer AI controlled options, all the way to the left
Penalties ON and all to the right

Set up a 2 player game. Choose your team, lets say Philadelphia Flyers (go Forsberg, go!) choose a crapy team for the opposing player, Denmark.

The key is to maximize your breakaway opportunities. Just win the face off and skate towards your own goal. Give the puck to your goalie to force a face off in your own zone/net. Win the face off and pass the puck to a nearby player, pull the R trigger to skate faster towards Denmarks goalie. When your close enough, hold the X button to slow your player down and let go of the R trigger.

This will cause Denmarks defenseplayer to slam you and you get a penalty shot! Or in worse case just a normal penalty. In wich case,
win the faceoff, skate to your end and give it to your goalie. Then do the same process over again.

When you get a penalty shot. Click on the right stick on controller 2 (Denmark) then pull the right stick all the way right or left. (you don´t need to use your feet for this) to pull Denmarks focus away from your direction...

Just skate towards Denmarks goal and put the puck behind the net.

I got the penalty shot 6 times in a row!

Joey Jeckel
12-01-2006, 11:03 AM
I finally got this achievement. This is the only method that has worked for me, got it in about 10 mins.

Thanks!

thor0298
01-09-2007, 02:17 PM
i have tried everythign
and this ACTUALLY WORKS
finally 1000

ckoch12
01-28-2007, 12:41 AM
seriously!!!!......how are people getting the penalty shot achievement in 5-15 mins. I have been following every piece of advice in this thread and the other threads and i can't get it. This has been the most annoying achievement of any game. Im guessing its just luck an di have to keep trying....????

ckoch12
01-28-2007, 02:06 AM
YESSSSSSS got it! basically just takes time. stick with what other people have been saying. The best way is to turn all penalties down (slide left) except hooking and the penalty shot (slide them to the right). Use two controllers, get one team down 2 players (this makes it easier to let the penalty shooting team to get on a breakaway). have player 1 get on a break away and have team 2 hook from behind while the breakaway shooter is holding x. (hooking is done by pulling back(down) on the right stick.
Sometimes it will be no penalty at all and sometimes it will be just a hooking penalty, but eventually u will get the penalty shot.

macleem gs
03-08-2007, 07:32 AM
Took forever for me to get this achievement

kirchiri
04-05-2007, 04:35 AM
Finally!!

Just a few tips i wanna post.

For everyone who doesnt know what a breakaway means or is (that was me) its when you enter the opponents team zone (where their goalie is) and the entire enemy team is behind you (or at least not in front of you), you've passed them all and you enter that zone alone. That tricked me for awhile.

Once here just have your buddy or yourself slam into you after you hold down X and bam! penalty shot if you're lucky (took me about half an hour to get one)

xfrearsx
04-07-2007, 08:15 AM
This achievement isn't really all that hard, it just takes a bit of patience. I went through every different guide on how to reach this achieve and none of them seemed to work for me, so what i did was to reset all sliders to default, gimp the cpu sliders and make and put all of mine to the right (giving me the obvious advantage). Don't mess with any penalty sliders as the penalty slider is already set to full. Turn penalty served time up to 2 mins to give you more time off the ice. Put to all star difficulty and start game. Firstly try hitting the goalie with the B button to get 2 men sent off. When 2 men down now go for the breakaway from behind your own goal using right trigger for extra speed. (You have to be the first player to cross the blue line in opponents half), hold X button to take a shot and wait for the hit. I did this with a second controller, but only so i could move the goalie out of the way when i struck the penalty shot. (YOU HAVE TO BE 2 MEN DOWN). I played this game without success for hours using different methods and never even saw a penalty shot, but with this method i had the achievement in around 7 mins and 2 tries. Good luck
Firstl

SteelerXBox360
04-09-2007, 03:48 PM
This achievement isn't really all that hard, it just takes a bit of patience. I went through every different guide on how to reach this achieve and none of them seemed to work for me, so what i did was to reset all sliders to default, gimp the cpu sliders and make and put all of mine to the right (giving me the obvious advantage). Don't mess with any penalty sliders as the penalty slider is already set to full. Turn penalty served time up to 2 mins to give you more time off the ice. Put to all star difficulty and start game. Firstly try hitting the goalie with the B button to get 2 men sent off. When 2 men down now go for the breakaway from behind your own goal using right trigger for extra speed. (You have to be the first player to cross the blue line in opponents half), hold X button to take a shot and wait for the hit. I did this with a second controller, but only so i could move the goalie out of the way when i struck the penalty shot. (YOU HAVE TO BE 2 MEN DOWN). I played this game without success for hours using different methods and never even saw a penalty shot, but with this method i had the achievement in around 7 mins and 2 tries. Good luck
Firstl

I will try this method as nothing else is working, the other achievements came easy compared to this one...I have been tripped, etc. but nothing is ever called and I have had 100's of breakaways with no luck...I will post my results later...

Result: Still cannot get a penalty shot, let alone a goal...this has totally ruined an otherwise fun game for me :(

head0r Inc
04-14-2007, 05:31 PM
I did it the way u said and i did a goal, but i didn't get the achievement!

SteelerXBox360
04-19-2007, 06:19 PM
I did it the way u said and i did a goal, but i didn't get the achievement!

You have to have the difficulty set to All-Star, I have made this mistake a few times myself but it didn't matter since I have never received a PS after hours of playtime getting breakaways over and over...the slider for penalty shots does not work IMHO...all I am asking for is just 1 try...sheeesh.

J Lo
04-22-2007, 09:25 PM
This achievement is really starting to piss me off. I do a breakaway, slow down by holding X, get hit, and they get the puck back. No penalty, no penalty shot, no NOTHING! Can someone make a video on how to do this god damn achievement?

Jordan7182002
05-04-2007, 12:17 AM
Can not get the penalty shot at all! I do everything and hold X and get knocked down....but nothing.

RogueVasion
01-15-2008, 04:51 PM
I am so alone on this Penalty Shot...

I may try this when I get home and if it doesn't work (hoping it will), I give up!

I Deus I
01-17-2008, 02:40 PM
Ok,
So i finally got this achievement after hours of aids! basically the best way i found was to use 2 controllers, i just left the 2nd controller alone and the AI on there team kept fouling me while the 2nd controller just sat in the corner! Turn Penalties on and for 2 minutes Put all penalty sliders up, all human up and all cpu down. Get 2 men down and go behind your goalie then once the AI comes up to u pull right trigger and sprint over the blue line, once over the line Hold X (Tapping B didnt work for me) Then the AI shud foul you and u get a penalty shot (this worked 5 times in a row), once this is done pick up the 2nd controller and crease control and there you go....

spydaX3
02-11-2008, 04:50 AM
yes thanks choch12!! i have been on this for about 4hrs. i didnt know u hook with the right stick button. i've been using the b or y button.

JaMeZiZbAcK
02-17-2008, 08:24 PM
Tag
I'm going to give this a try later, cause I'm still angry from trying.

gatorbait
03-08-2008, 03:37 AM
Dang, this worked perfectly and only took about 10 minutes. Thanks for the guide.

ankle_spawn
03-15-2008, 02:55 PM
i'd say it works like a charm, got 4 penalties and 4 goals.

just a question: why the anchie didnt unlock? what am i missing :( ? i played all star for sure, 2 controllers, 20 minutes periods. had i to wait for the end of the match to get it?

EDIT: nvm, just tried hall of famer, and 5 minutes periods and i got it 1st time! here comes another juicy 1k! thx man! :)

D e 5 t R u C t
03-16-2008, 12:29 PM
ive tried just about everything for this achievement is this really that easy? and i have to have 2 controllers? cuz my second one just broke

dreamcaster
04-18-2008, 01:56 PM
ive tried just about everything for this achievement is this really that easy? and i have to have 2 controllers? cuz my second one just broke

This is the easiest way to score a penalty shot. You dont need 2 controllers, but then again its way harder to score the goal if the "computer" controlls the goalie. I have tried this and its works great!

Evil_Snow_Man
04-18-2008, 08:22 PM
Picked this game up for $4.00 and am gonna give it a shot this weekend, going to have to keep all this in mind. Thanks for the heads up.

Damian83
04-24-2008, 01:23 PM
ive done all descriped...i pass the two defenseman and im after blue line, then the 2 defensman pass me or run into me without fauling me... why??

GTukC
06-03-2008, 11:18 AM
Damian I have the same trouble, I NEVER get a penalty shot ever, it's always 1 of them face off things near the goal, they just never want to hack me down, and if i try to do it with the 2nd controller, the AI just takes the puck away from me before I get a chance to hack myself down!

hogwired
06-03-2008, 09:51 PM
I finally did it!!! I looked around at most of the blogs and one of them mentioned a video on youtube so I watched it and just tried to do what they did. I was the World All Stars and I played against Denmark. I turned all penalties and human controls up and all cpu down. When the game started, I got 2 people in the box and it took until the 3rd period for me to get a penalty shot but I finally got it. Earlier today, I took 4 or 5 shots but I guess I was aiming right where the goalie was standing because it didn't work, so this time I got on his left side and aimed right. I hope those of you that haven't been able to get it do. It took me 2 days.

floodzer
07-11-2008, 05:07 PM
thanks for the tips i dues i. i finally got the achievement. what a useless game

Figgsy91
07-16-2008, 06:18 PM
THIS ACHIEVEMENT IS DOING MY FUCKIN HEAD IN! I never get a penalty its always a fucking face off. I have no fucking idea how to play hockey and have no clue what im doing. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've tried every single method I could find. My goalie wont take the puck either. Fucking game is soooooooooooooooooooooo annoying!

gamerdude26
07-30-2008, 04:47 PM
so from reading just about every penalty guide on this forum...u need to get a breakaway when the opposing team has 2 man down and hold X and hav the opposing team foul u to get a penalty shot..cpu stats down penalty and human settings up...but my problem is getting the breakaway..it is when u cross the line to the opposing side when all the other team is on ur side...i cant seem tp pull them all down even wif 2 man down...if i try to switch to pull another guy than the first one juss goes back up..

ANY tips on how to get breakaway..and juss to confirm fouling from the back gets u the penalty shot and RS or B is to foul right?? plz lemme kno...if u can help me msg me GT : TwissM4n

THX ALOT !! : )