PDA

View Full Version : Does FC2 benifit from being installed to your HardDrive?

agentplatypus
11-22-2008, 11:16 PM
Well does it?
Thanks. :)

Balamatrix
11-23-2008, 12:35 AM
yeah but its not as noticable as other games because while your palying the game doesnt really have to stop and load much other than you manually making it reload or when you take the bus to a different part.

agentplatypus
11-23-2008, 12:49 AM
yeah but its not as noticable as other games because while your palying the game doesnt really have to stop and load much other than you manually making it reload or when you take the bus to a different part.
Thanks, I might install it.

CyanideBreathMint
11-23-2008, 06:01 AM
I'd say all games benefit the install based on the fact it'll increase the longevity of your dvd drive.

agentplatypus
11-23-2008, 06:04 AM
I'd say all games benefit the install based on the fact it'll increase the longevity of your dvd drive.
True but certain games (Halo 3) take longer to lad when installed. Just making sure this isn't one of them.

bolllopoxed
11-24-2008, 12:05 AM
Yeah added to that is the fact you don't have the noisy DVD drive running while your playing the game. So in that case EVERY game benefits from installing to the hard drive.;)

Ridza
11-26-2008, 02:39 AM
I couldn't notice any speed increase on HDD but yeah it's saving the DVD drive I guess.

BulletHoles
11-30-2008, 08:49 PM
How about for the map editor? It always takes about half a second to load each object when I am building a map, does anyone know if installing it to the hdd helps?

mocoworm
12-05-2008, 11:54 AM
Halo 3 should NOT be installed to your HDD. Bungie have actually released a statement saying that installing it to your HDD actually slows the game down as it already writes to your HDD, and as the drive can only read or write one at a time, if you have it installed it is constantly moving data around.

Just so people are aware

:D