PDA

View Full Version : Don't fear the reaper, fear the hills

Marzera
11-23-2008, 02:54 AM
So earlier I beat (Don't Fear) The Reaper and managed to quickly beat all the songs except for Run To The Hills.

What is the best way to conquer this song? I try to get Overdrive and hope for the best but the two phrases in the beginning keep bugging out cause either I am drumming too fast or too slow and I can never get it right.

Really frustrating, I am not prepared to spend another few months beating 1 song only :x

Colonel Muffinz
11-23-2008, 02:57 AM
Become an octopus and buy some more drumsticks.

(Up your stamina so you can play fast for longer periods of time)

Marzera
11-23-2008, 03:22 AM
Stamina isn't the problem. I could play the endless setlist all day if I felt up to it (or had a friend to do it with)

JLogan27
11-23-2008, 04:00 AM
How can you have 100% complete and 1/4 complete on the same game?

Marzera
11-23-2008, 04:54 AM
Uh thanks, I have signatures and avatars turned off to save on load time and didn't know I had that still. Appreciate the heads up.

AngrySalad
01-19-2009, 01:19 PM
Ya, I blew through the Solo tour on Hard, only failing once on "Next to You". The only song I have left is "Run to the Hills" which is incredibly ridiculous. Guess I have to go into practice mode *sigh*

antnie
01-19-2009, 05:32 PM
I also have 1 song left in the hard section(drums) and that song is run to the hills. This song is unbelievable, it is by far way to hard to be in the hard section.

AngrySalad
01-20-2009, 03:26 AM
Ok, so RttH on Hard can eat a big bag of dicks. I beat it tonight after only practicing a few times. Didn't even fail it this time through. Granted, I only ended up with 73% and a 73% streak, and my screen was flashing red for about half the song, but I got through it and unlocked 90pts of glorious GS. So, it only took me a total of about 5 hours of solo tour to beat it. Now, onto Expert (which I already started and am not having the best time with).

NathAttack
01-20-2009, 07:53 PM
Don't Fear The Reaper gave me far more trouble than RttH ever did.

Run To The Hills is just 16th notes. That's the ONLY thing hard about it -- And in my honest opinion it shouldn't be in the last tier. Hell, Don't Fear The Reaper took me maybe 6-7 tries. RttH took me two.

The Reaper should have been in the last tier instead, imo.

jukkakhan
01-20-2009, 08:38 PM
Don't Fear The Reaper is only hard if you don't know the pattern the end. Took a run through that part once in practice then nailed it the next time. The end of the bridge could be pretty tricky too if you're not prepared for it.

Run To The Hills is quite rough since you need some serious stamina and coordination. The first time "I" beat it, I needed my friend to kick for me. It gets a little easier if you concentrate more on the bass kick and snare instead of the hi-hat since those influence your lifebar more.