PDA

View Full Version : Game discussion

BulletMagnet Uk
11-23-2008, 01:27 PM
We could have a stickied thread in every game forum entitled "Whats your opinion on this game?" or "game discussion" or something similar.

We could then lock all threads that either moan or complement about aspects of the game and keep the game forum free from clutter and available for other discussions. (Such as 'help on achievement x' and 'tips for y' etc etc).

All discussion would still be freely available in one place for ease of use and to find other likeminded users to talk to. Yet would have the added advantage of removing the multitude of threads that are all "I hate this game because...". An obvious example of where this kind of sticky would be usefull would be the Gears of War 2 game forum, but Im sure this would benefit most, if not all, game forums.

Thoughts? Improvements? Critisisms? All welcome, is only a suggestion afterall :p

SuperNova X2X
11-23-2008, 01:28 PM
I suppose, but it's likely that this goes on in the achievement discussion threads.

BulletMagnet Uk
11-23-2008, 01:36 PM
I suppose, but it's likely that this goes on in the achievement discussion threads.

Could be true, but Im thinking more along the lines of the actual game elements.

Examples:

The muliplayer, is the worse I ever seen - matchmaking is awfull 35 mins last night before i could hook up and why cant you choose mode you want, trying to get king of the hill everyone voted elsewere the online for me is terrible this needs to be ajusted - for me Halo3 had the best matchmaking hooked everyone up fast - GOW2 is just silly
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=107125
-----------------------

I haven't realized until now how disappointing this game has been. I beat the campaign and played a lil horde with random noobs and then I went on to Left 4 Dead. The game has been on the shelf ever since.

Is it just me or was the setting completely boring? I mean come on, the underground city and all of that was really boring and didn't have the feel of urban warfare that made up the core experience of GoW.

I didn't even bother with multiplayer after hearing all of the horror stories so now more GoW. They fucked this one up imo. Anyone else feel the same?
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=107308
--------------------

Alright i seriously don't get why there are so many threads bashing GoW2's Multiplayer, Campaign, and Story Line in general. I thought that the GoW2 forum was supposed to be nice talk about the game, but there's so much bashing. Just wondering why everyone has to spread the hate on a forum for help.
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=107330
---------------------

Just a quick look at only the first page of the GOW2 forum shows these three threads all discussing game related aspects other than the achievements. There are many more if you go to page 2 and beyond.

I was just thinking that having one place to discuss this would remove all these posts making getting relevent information that little bit easier.

Of course, you could be right, and the achievement discussion threads could be expanded to include this type of game discussion having the same effect. But that could lead to problems with people wishing to discuss two seperate issues not being able to easily carryout discussions.

Edit: I know both my original post and this both focus on the GOW2 forum, but this is simply because it is where I have spent most of browsing recently and was able to clearly identify the examples quickly.

SuperNova X2X
11-23-2008, 01:41 PM
Suppose. I'm not saying it's a bad idea, it's good. Would maybe clean up the forum a bit I guess.

BulletMagnet Uk
11-23-2008, 01:46 PM
Suppose. I'm not saying it's a bad idea, it's good. Would maybe clean up the forum a bit I guess.

I understand. Please dont take my long reply as a defensive post.

Critisism is of course welcome. I have some mighty stupid ideas at times that I think are great but would never work in reality, and its good to have someone tell you straight lol.

I was simply trying to instigate constructive discussion to try and improve upon the suggestion. As it is at the moment, it seems barely worth typing out, and I was hoping in the feedback forum people may be able to come up with better improvements to make an overall decent addition to the forums.