PDA

View Full Version : [Tips] General

g4m3r7ag
02-09-2006, 02:13 AM
Most people have figured out that to move two starflowers around, just keep rotating them 3 times around each other. However, I have found out how to manipulate 3 starflowers around. All you have to do is get the three you want to move around at an angle, not a straight line, then rotate it so the corner is furthest away from where you want to go. Then, use one of the outside ones to rotate the corner to the opposite side of the angle, and rotate again. The only caution here is watching out for clusters that cause the three to fall together. Usually i only use this technique when moving three towards a fourth, where i then split them into groups of two.

Try working from the outside in and from the top down.
This will decrease the amount of hexagons that are left in the end.
Survival mode has 50 levels by the way.

To do this you will need to have created two flowers (ie. have two silver hexagons)
Now link these together (ie. have them touch)

Now u can switch between each flower and practicle rotate the lower one all the way up (making it the upper one or making that silver hexagon the upper one), Repeat this to move the two hexagons all the way to the top.

NOTICE: This can be done in any directions.

Winwood
03-01-2006, 04:03 AM
My 2 cents:

I found that keeping silver stars in columns is the best way of avoiding making clusters with them by mistake. That way a bomb - star cluster won't completely ruin you and if one of the lower pieces dissapears you can pick up the peices.

If you're going for the grand pearl poo bah then you should be aiming to get a lot of silver stars in the early levels. As a rough guide, try and get three to five in the first level. then use the stars to make more. Having two stars separated by normal pieces lets you make a flower around one of the star pieces easily.

Don't put you're stars into a black pearl as soon as you get them - wait until you have 8 or 9 so that you have some room to move.

When you do get some black pearls, organise them at the bottom near the middle so that they don't fall by mistake and you can get to them more than if they're in the corner.

Beyond that ... practice and have fun ;D

Maka
03-02-2006, 01:58 AM
How Do You Get the balck pearl thing? in what game mode?, how?

Winwood
03-02-2006, 02:21 AM
You can get them in any gametype but it's unrealistic in anything but marathon mode. You need to get six pieces of the same colour into a flower shape to get a star piece, and then put six star pieces into a flower to get a blck pearl. Check the Hints and tips on the main menu for more help :)

KePP
06-06-2006, 09:40 PM
I don't think you can do it in survival.

Maka
06-06-2006, 11:19 PM
:nana:nana:nana You just brought up a 3 month old thread:nana:nana:nana

I think that's a record

Just SicK NastY
11-29-2006, 01:45 AM
wow thanks im gonna try these out

FrothyOmen
11-29-2006, 02:18 AM
Looks like somone just broke the record :p

blum3
12-19-2006, 10:19 PM
I suck at this game. But I want the achievements so bad. I'm going to try to unlock a few later.

Hells Zargon
12-20-2006, 12:39 AM
Same here, I'm still on the pretty much give-away 25G.

magictroll
12-20-2006, 09:45 PM
All I need is the 2 last black-pearl ones and the 100 game one. If I don't get them by the time I get the 100 game one I think I'll retire :(

wackysplash
01-14-2007, 03:56 AM
All I need is the 2 last black-pearl ones and the 100 game one. If I don't get them by the time I get the 100 game one I think I'll retire :(
good choice lol

xd Rabbit x
02-01-2007, 08:22 PM
This game frustrates the hell out of me.

deathbypig37x
03-22-2007, 10:40 PM
Thanks for the tips everyone! I'm still stuck on the last two achievements however, and would probably sooner send a picture of the board to someone and tell me what to do move by move.

L4mbo93
11-24-2007, 10:19 PM
i only need the poo bah ach
:woop: