PDA

View Full Version : Score Tracking For Imported Songs?

JJBDude
11-23-2008, 10:55 PM
I've read a few posts in the forum about this but I would like a thread dedicated to it so I can find out for sure how it works.

I was very excited when I heard you could sing along to your own songs in this game, the chance to actually sing to something I want to is a great one and I am close to buying the game. However I wanted to ask how the scoring would work for these songs, now I am starting to think there isn't a scoring system at all?!?!?

If someone could write an informative post explaining what happens I would be every so greatful. Thanks in advance. :)

Bishop24
11-23-2008, 10:58 PM
You don't really get scored for your own imported songs. You can just sit there and breathe and you will get points. So basically no matter what you say or sing during a song you added you will get points.

Not really informative but it tells you what happens while singing during those songs you add.

Stufin135
11-23-2008, 11:06 PM
You don't really get scored for your own imported songs. You can just sit there and breathe and you will get points. So basically no matter what you say or sing during a song you added you will get points.

Not really informative but it tells you what happens while singing during those songs you add.
The only thing i can really add to that is i think breathing, yes it will get you points but you do still get the cool good or ok ratings per phrase or something. So i think that if you sing all the different notes you will get more. Bassically similar to the freeform sections on vocals in Guitar Hero World Tour.

JJBDude
11-23-2008, 11:08 PM
Eurgh that's put me off the game, add to the fact it's missing vital features such as video filming and online features I am going to give the game a miss. Will stick to Singstar on PS3.

Cheers for quick response guys. :)

Stufin135
11-23-2008, 11:13 PM
I don't really blame ya really the feature is basically like you playing a cd a singing along nothing much really. I mean at least they included something like it. Starts pushing the boat for future development of these i deas just like GHWT music stuido, I mean it's shit but RB and GH will probally both make something better next time around.

IIMF DoomII
12-01-2008, 01:49 AM
So what exactly does it look like when you sing your own imported songs?

Kicks
12-01-2008, 02:09 PM
It gives you a pretty basic background, but detects the beat of the song and has a visualizer that shows you it.

The cool thing about it is that it allows my kids to sing some of their favorite songs :)

IIMF DoomII
12-07-2008, 06:02 AM
Do the lyrics come up on the screen while your singing or is it just a blank screen with visuals going on?

Stufin135
12-07-2008, 11:05 PM
The vocal bar comes up on screen but there are no lyrics in it just a shape that changes depending on the pitch you sing at. I still am conffused why people think there would be lyrics.

M0rdain
12-09-2008, 11:05 AM
Supposidly, certain files (DRM, i may be wrong) come with the lirics etc, and you can download songs from the xbox live market place, for about 160-180 microsoft points per song.