PDA

View Full Version : Is this a glitch? Subverting all missions achievement

Raider
11-24-2008, 04:39 PM
Hi I'm playing farcry2 through for the second time to get the achievements I missed like the subvert all missions achievement. The only problem is that after I finish each mission, the Buddie gets knocked down, and when ~I try to revive them, it doesn't work, my character just pulls out his gun and ignores the heal option and I cant save them. I have tones of medicine on me so thats not the problem. Or is the game scripted so that when I subvert a mission the Buddie dies no matter what?

I love the game but really don't feel like 3 play through considering its like 20 hours long. Can anybody help?

SevDelta
11-24-2008, 09:08 PM
Hi I'm playing farcry2 through for the second time to get the achievements I missed like the subvert all missions achievement. The only problem is that after I finish each mission, the Buddie gets knocked down, and when ~I try to revive them, it doesn't work, my character just pulls out his gun and ignores the heal option and I cant save them. I have tones of medicine on me so thats not the problem. Or is the game scripted so that when I subvert a mission the Buddie dies no matter what?

I love the game but really don't feel like 3 play through considering its like 20 hours long. Can anybody help?

When your buddy goes down the first time, you can heal him. The second time, you put him out of his misery.

Raider
11-25-2008, 12:15 AM
Yes I know that, but its not even giving me the option to heal them.

lid
11-30-2008, 12:41 AM
How did you delete that post :|

nexus1K
11-30-2008, 01:07 AM
Is there more than one kind of medicine? I completed the game, got the achievement, and none of my buddies were killed in the regular missions... try getting to the area right after completing the mission before they get injure.

nexus1K
12-02-2008, 10:43 PM
Click on delete : )

Blue Thunder28
12-07-2008, 06:21 AM
I sort of have the same problem... My buddie gets injured as I enter the area he's being attacked in after finishing the subverted mission.. every single time... and im on my 3rd one now and so far 8 out of 8 tries he just dies no matter what, after 3 heal tries he dies.. is this un-avoidable and does it affect me getting the subvert all missions achievement? Can I get another best buddie before my next mission? Or I'm thinking it's because it's the dumb american buddy, Warren Clyde.. he just must really suck or something. always dies.

GordoJones88
12-11-2008, 06:09 AM
If your buddy gets wounded, he is weak, kill him.

RizlaFino420
12-15-2008, 12:42 AM
Can I get another best buddie before my next mission?Your best buddy will be replaced and from what i understand they can all die except for one so you still have a best buddy (though i'd suggest having two, so you can be rescued) and you dont have to do their missions for any achievement. you only need to rescue them for the 3rd Faction achevement (right?).

Webb
01-07-2009, 03:20 AM
I thought this is an appropriate place as any ... saves me making a new thread.

So, I'm on a subvert mission. In the last stage where there is an ambush of some sort and I have to protect my buddy ... but by the time I get there, he's down and out, wounded on the floor. I mop up and then go to heal him but guess what ... I've healed him one too many times.

So to complete the mission, I have to kill him which I do and it says mission complete. Will this affect my subvert achievement or have I successfully subverted it despite my buddy sleeping with the fishies? Seems a bit of a hollow victory now, ha ha. Subverted, but he dies :p

Any input is appreciated. Hopefully a definitive answer :p

SevDelta
01-07-2009, 06:46 AM
I thought this is an appropriate place as any ... saves me making a new thread.

So, I'm on a subvert mission. In the last stage where there is an ambush of some sort and I have to protect my buddy ... but by the time I get there, he's down and out, wounded on the floor. I mop up and then go to heal him but guess what ... I've healed him one too many times.

So to complete the mission, I have to kill him which I do and it says mission complete. Will this affect my subvert achievement or have I successfully subverted it despite my buddy sleeping with the fishies? Seems a bit of a hollow victory now, ha ha. Subverted, but he dies :p

Any input is appreciated. Hopefully a definitive answer :p

I had a few buddies die over the course of subverting missions so I'd say you're fine.

Webb
01-07-2009, 08:27 AM
I had a few buddies die over the course of subverting missions so I'd say you're fine.

Super. Much appreciated. I can get back down to it later now then :p

CantorianPanda
01-08-2009, 03:04 AM
FIY, I think if your buddy asks for more than one syringe, he's all ready on the highway to hell. If he stands up after one syringe, he'll live. Probably depends on if they're shot at while already wounded and lying on the ground or something.

Also, in case Raider didn't realize, you can switch between the gun or syringe while tending to the wounded buddy by pressing left or right on the D-pad.

Skelix
01-12-2009, 05:11 AM
I'm never able to revive buddies, when they go down they seem to flop around. They always flop into the water and drown, or flop/glitch into a rock or into a hill etc.

I found to just keep re-loading until I can get to the scene and save them before they are dropped.

ch9209live
01-13-2009, 03:31 PM
ok, little guestion about Subverting: i had mission where i need to save truck or blow it up, i tried to save it (accidently throw granade and BOOM!) does that effect my ach.?

CantorianPanda
01-14-2009, 11:22 AM
If you load and finish the mission subverted, I think you'll get the achievement. You probably won't get it if you just kept on going after blowing up the truck, since that finished the mission un-subverted.