PDA

View Full Version : Tough/Long 1000's (or close to)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

g4m3r7ag
02-09-2006, 02:25 AM
This is the Tough 1000 (or close to) section. This specific section will tell you which games take you 40+ hours to get 900 or more points. There are no specific categories here. Some games may be done under 40 hours and others may be well over. It all really depends on skill level and research done.

Please do:-
• Shout if you think these guidelines aren't fair.
• Post how long it took you to attain the amount listed under (2) for any games shown above.

Please do not:-
• Post anything along the lines of "I agree with <something already on the main list>".
• Don't get into an argument over how easy you think the game is. The games on here take over 40+ hours and that means they are a tough 1000.

Criteria:-
To clarify exactly what qualifies for a "Tough 1000 (or close to)":-
(1) It is impossible to obtain 900 or more points.
(2) Obtaining the full amount available takes at least 40 hours.
(3) Obtaining the full amount available requires an intermediate to advanced level of skill.

Any of the criteria can be met. It does not have to meet all 3 points.

Games are not listed in order of difficulty.

The Tough 1000 (or close to) list:-

2006 FIFA World Cup
Ace Combat 6
Battlefield 2: Modern Combat
Battlefield Bad Company
Bladestorm: The Hundred Year War
Blazing Angels 2: Secret Missions of WWII
Blitz: The League
Blue Dragon
Bomberman: Act Zero
Burnout Paradise
Burnout Revenge
Call of Duty 2
Call of Duty 3
Call of Duty 4
Call of Duty: World At War
College Hoops 2K7
Championship Manager 2007 [PAL]
Chromehounds
Command & Conquer 3
Culdcept Saga
DDR Universe
DDR Universe 2
DDR Universe 3
Dead or Alive 4
Dead or Alive Xtreme 2
Dead Rising
Def Jam: Icon
Devil May Cry 4
Dragonball Z: Burst Limit
Dynasty Warriors 6
Dynasty Warriors: Gundam
Earth Defense Force 2017
Eternal Sonata
FarCry Instincts Predator
FarCry 2
F.E.A.R.
F.E.A.R. Files
FIFA 07
FIFA 08
FIFA 09
Final Fantasy XI
Flatout: Ultimate Carnage
Football Manager 2006
Football Manager 2007
Forza 2
Gears of War
Gears of War 2
Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
Grand Theft Auto 4
Guitar Hero 2
Guitar Hero 3
Guitar Hero World Tour
Half Life 2: The Orange Box
Infinite Undiscovery
Kameo: Elements of Power
Kane and Lynch
Kingdom Under Fire: Circle of Doom
Last Remnant
Left 4 Dead
Lost Odyssey
Lost Planet
Mass Effect
Medal Of Honor: Airborne
Midnight Club LA
MLB 2K8
Monster Madness: Battle For Suburbia
Moto GP 06
MotoGP 07
Naruto
Nascar 08
Need for Speed: Carbon
Ninja Gaiden 2
Over G
Overlord
Perfect Dark: Zero
Pro Evolution 2008
Project Gotham Racing 3
Quake 4 (you literally have to be the best in the world for this one)
Quake Wars
Rainbow Six: Vegas
Rapala Tournament Fishing
Rayman Raving Rabbids
Ridge Racer 6
Rock Band
Rock Revolution
Rockstar Table Tennis
Rumble Roses XX
Saints Row
Saints Row 2
Sega Rally
Shadowrun
Sonic the Hedgehog
Spiderman 3 (Guide (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../guide.php?type=Retail&gameID=227))
Splinter Cell Double Agent
Star Trek Legacy
The Godfather (835pts)
The Outfit
Test Drive Unlimited
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 06
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 08
Tony Hawk: Project 8
Tony Hawk's Proving Grounds
Too Human
Turok
UEFA Champions League 2006-2007
Unreal Tournament 3
Vampire's Rain
Virtua Figher 5 Online
Virtua Tennis 3
Warriors Orochi
Warriors Orochi 2
World Championship Poker: All-In
WSOP 2008
WSOP: Tournament of Champions

JoeHacker90
04-06-2007, 01:27 AM
PGR3 should not be on here. its very easy if you play it. instead of messing around online.

luggs69
04-11-2007, 02:35 PM
i think you should add world championship snooker because it is a tough one to get 1000 on and virtua tennis should be on there.

MangeM
04-11-2007, 04:50 PM
I'd say Guitar Hero II deserves to be on this list, for pure mortals it's possibly an easy 250-300 but the full 1000 is out of reach for most of us.

TheColdWolf
04-11-2007, 05:11 PM
I'd say Guitar Hero II deserves to be on this list, for pure mortals it's possibly an easy 250-300 but the full 1000 is out of reach for most of us.

Also add DDR to the list that seems to be hard to other people

Defcizion
04-12-2007, 12:52 AM
quick question why is dead rising and the outfit on there but gears isnt?
serious requires 10000 kills that must be a lifetime.

I wouldn't call it a lifetime. It just depends on how often you play the game. Take Halo for example, I've added up my lifetime kills, and this is dating back to a month ago and I was at 100,358. So yeah.

Kazdan
04-20-2007, 02:35 PM
I wonder why Call of Duty 2 is on this list. Yes, the game is pretty hard on Veteran difficulty, but c'mon, you only have to complete the game once and you'll get all the achievements.

And yes, Gears of War is no doubt tough 1000. The Seriously-achievement takes ages.

eXodusOnFiRe
04-20-2007, 02:57 PM
I wonder why Call of Duty 2 is on this list. Yes, the game is pretty hard on Veteran difficulty, but c'mon, you only have to complete the game once and you'll get all the achievements.

And yes, Gears of War is no doubt tough 1000. The Seriously-achievement takes ages.

It depends on how you define "tough". CoD2 is a tough 1000 because beating that game on Veteran is right next to insanely difficult, it requires memorization of enemy locations, and quick reflexes...and the patience for the many retries that lie ahead.

Gears is not a tough 1000 simply for the fact that you don't really have to 'work' for your achievements. Simply playing the game will earn you the achievements eventually. It isn't like you have to put forth extra effort. So yeah, it isn't about skill, it's about time played. So it isn't really tough, it's just long.

-X

ButtnutDude1
04-20-2007, 02:58 PM

I agree, no matter how hard I try I could never beat a song on expert. It is definetly impossible.

highpass
04-20-2007, 03:19 PM
Please note the criteria we've added. If you believe a game does not fall under any of the criteria shown, let us know.

Gears is not a tough 1000 simply for the fact that you don't really have to 'work' for your achievements. Simply playing the game will earn you the achievements eventually. It isn't like you have to put forth extra effort. So yeah, it isn't about skill, it's about time played. So it isn't really tough, it's just long.

These are the same as my thoughts on it. Whilst it doesn't require much skill it does indeed fall under criteria (2) of requiring 40 hours minimum playtime, so we'll add that, cheers eX.

Answered your own question there matey ;)

I agree, no matter how hard I try I could never beat a song on expert. It is definetly impossible.

Added.

Kazdan
04-20-2007, 05:08 PM
It depends on how you define "tough". CoD2 is a tough 1000 because beating that game on Veteran is right next to insanely difficult, it requires memorization of enemy locations, and quick reflexes...and the patience for the many retries that lie ahead.

-X

You're right, but I still think GoW should be on this list. It takes like a week from a good player to complete CoD 2 on veteran difficulty, but it takes at least few months to get the Seriously-achievement. And what do you mean Gears of War isn't about skill? Of course it is. You have to kill people, and it takes skill to get kills. I think you mean Rainbow Six Vegas multiplayer. You don't need any skill in that game when you play multiplayer.

codedigital
04-20-2007, 06:54 PM

But I can...and 8 out of 10 of my friends that play can...and have just about beaten expert.

RedRaider717
04-20-2007, 07:31 PM
I agree, with practice most people can beat the majority of the expert songs. Now getting all expert songs 5 stars is damn near impossible and very frustrating.

angry
04-20-2007, 07:55 PM
I think Prey should be on th elist also as sthat game is not easy to get the 1000/1000.

Kazdan
04-20-2007, 08:08 PM
I think Prey should be on th elist also as sthat game is not easy to get the 1000/1000.

Are you serious? Prey is the only game that I've beaten 100% under 3 days. Yes, it's THAT easy. It's listed on the other list (Easy 1000's).

eXodusOnFiRe
04-20-2007, 08:12 PM
Are you serious? Prey is the only game that I've beaten 100% under 3 days. Yes, it's THAT easy. It's listed on the other list (Easy 1000's).

Really? I almost threw up when I played that game online for all the 12 minutes that I did. That game is such a ripoff of Quake, and it does it horribly. I think the only thing that would be hard about that game is actually playing it online.

My experience with it was so bad man....god it gives me chills. Otherwise, I agree with you, I mean I think you get half of the achievements just by completing the storyline.

-X

ZyNLeX
04-20-2007, 08:24 PM
Prey isn't hard.

So dunno what your talking about.

Rocket
04-20-2007, 08:25 PM
HITMAN: BLOOD MONEY I would have to disagree that this is a ''tough'' 1000 points...1, the only thing that would make it ''tough'' is that you must complete the game itself 4 different times, however, this does not take 40 hours. 16 tops for actual playing time as you can beat professional in 4 hours as I have done so, making the others the same amount of time if not faster. It does have the redundancy factor with playing it 4 times and getting the other little miniscule achievements, but all those can be earned on Rookie and can be done without having to redo a map at all. Getting the Silent Assasins, with or without a guide on each and every level, yes each and every level, is really simple. There is only one level that I didn't get Silent Assassin on profesional, and that was the white house level because I just wanted to end the game and get it over with finally. So I would honestly say that this isn't a TOUGH 1000, more so a MEDIUM 1000, as its only the fact that you must go through it 4 times, but that in itself is less than 20 hours, even if its your first hitman game, thats my take on it.

xIIZombieIIx
04-20-2007, 10:20 PM
I totally agree with dead or alive xtreme 2 being on there... i have played this game quite a few times... the achievements are damn near impossible... or so ungodly time consuming you dont even want them anymore... but i want to like this game too much to get rid of it... i think im in denial... :(

shadow sniper
04-21-2007, 10:29 PM
burnout no way

Cyrex
04-22-2007, 03:45 PM
i would also have to say MUA, it takes over 40 hours to get all those killing achievements, and you also have to get a gold on all the seperate comic missions, plus the 100 arcade victories

highpass
04-23-2007, 08:53 AM
I'd have to agree about Hitman, once you've got a good method going it's pretty simple. M:UA added. Thanks.

Otaking584
04-23-2007, 11:38 PM
I have to disagree about M:UA considering all but a few of the achievements can be gotten with two play throughs of the game. The only ones that could be even remotly hard are the outfits and comic missions, but if you play it right they are easy. Long long it takes you to get the achievements just depends on how smart your are with playing. Hell is you have a list of the achievements then it honestly shouldn't take you more than 40 hours to get them.

You should add Earth Defense Force 2017. It will easily take you over 40 hours to beat even though it's not that difficult to play.

Spliff Starz
05-06-2007, 06:22 AM
PGR3 shouldn't be on there.

LastDemon Lord
05-06-2007, 09:13 PM
Call of Duty 2 deffinatle does not belong on here

jkkj
05-07-2007, 01:24 PM
PGR3 belongs here. It takes time to get all the platinum medals and the Tournament Qualifier ain't no picnic.
And sure, COD 2 is a bitch on veteran, but compared to COD3, it's pretty easy (achievement wise).

|oneyedNewb|
05-07-2007, 01:36 PM
COD 3 isn't tough! (not including the grizzled vet. acheivement) but even so you will get past the tough levels sooner or later... most of the acheivements
are time consuming...Not hard!

codedigital
05-07-2007, 03:42 PM
COD 3 isn't tough! (not including the grizzled vet. acheivement) but even so you will get past the tough levels sooner or later... most of the acheivements

Sounds to me like it falls under this one:
(3) Obtaining the full amount available requires an intermediate to advanced level of skill.

Eyeradicate
05-08-2007, 12:41 PM
Dead Rising Should definatly be on here. I'm one of the only ones I know that have a full 1000/1000 and that took me over 130 hours and a lot of headaches to do so. Gears of War, for the most part is easy, "The Nuge" Achievement is probally the hardest (at least for me)

ChrisReeve1991
05-08-2007, 09:57 PM
Wow i cant belive that it hasnt been mentioned yet but without a doubt Oblivion should be on there because even though i have got 1000 gamescore on it, it took months and a lot of late nights to finish it because the game has like 6 different quests to do along with all the side 1s

codedigital
05-09-2007, 11:49 AM
Wow i cant belive that it hasnt been mentioned yet but without a doubt Oblivion should be on there because even though i have got 1000 gamescore on it, it took months and a lot of late nights to finish it because the game has like 6 different quests to do along with all the side 1s

Tons of people have full score on that game. My friend who almost has it complete hasn't put 40 hours into it.

wolf rain 15
05-09-2007, 12:05 PM
since it's not really achievable and pointless :uzi:

ChrisReeve1991
05-09-2007, 08:36 PM
Tons of people have full score on that game. My friend who almost has it complete hasn't put 40 hours into it.

it took me 43 hours to complete but its still a long game as u dont play it 40 odd hours straight it can take months

louishewitt
05-19-2007, 10:54 PM
Spider man 3 has some hard achievements

Lokstir
05-19-2007, 11:13 PM
did it all in a weekend....

Otaking584
05-23-2007, 06:31 PM
Command & Conquer 3 should be on the list too. Hell it passes the t5ime requiment just for the one online achievement that requires 100 hours of play time. That and the game itself will is pretty hard to get all the ribbons on the hard difficulty.

HowardsTurn
05-23-2007, 07:38 PM
Yes, I'm glad to see Guitar Hero II on there. It's right next to impossible to get five stars on every song on Expert in Career. I really don't see myself beating all songs with five stars on Expert, even with years of experience under my belt.

|oneyedNewb|
05-23-2007, 07:54 PM
Command & Conquer 3 should be on the list too. Hell it passes the t5ime requiment just for the one online achievement that requires 100 hours of play time. That and the game itself will is pretty hard to get all the ribbons on the hard difficulty.
time consuming not hard! and id take down gears of war not tough just a long 1000

Otaking584
05-24-2007, 04:53 AM
Both take more than 40 hours to complete so that's why they are on the list.

Danny Dibo
05-25-2007, 03:52 AM
Maybe I'm wrong here,
But I don't think GoW should be taken down. 10K kills online isint exactly easy, unless you had people lay down and die for you, you can't tell me it doesn't take skill to get 10,000 kills online, I get anywhere from 10 to 25 kills a game, and I have had the game since january. I have a little less than 5,000!!! I mean, maybe its cause I have a full time job. But I play the game at least an hour a day. Also, think back to your first 100 kills online, people were probably killing you left and right,, you had to generally get better and better to achieve 10,000 kills, otherwise, yes, it would be impossible.

Also, I think WSOP:TOC belongs on that list, its not diffucult, but I can't see anyone getting all the achievements in less than 50 hours.

Tussell
05-25-2007, 03:56 AM
Maybe I'm wrong here,
But I don't think GoW should be taken down. 10K kills online isint exactly easy, unless you had people lay down and die for you, you can't tell me it doesn't take skill to get 10,000 kills online, I get anywhere from 10 to 25 kills a game, and I have had the game since january. I have a little less than 5,000!!! I mean, maybe its cause I have a full time job. But I play the game at least an hour a day. Also, think back to your first 100 kills online, people were probably killing you left and right,, you had to generally get better and better to achieve 10,000 kills, otherwise, yes, it would be impossible.

Also, I think WSOP:TOC belongs on that list, its not diffucult, but I can't see anyone getting all the achievements in less than 50 hours.
Hello fellow Illinoian. Anywho, I don't think it takes that much skill... Especially stealing kills... But in games such as Annex... It's gotta be E-Z P-Z!

codedigital
05-25-2007, 11:49 AM
Hello fellow Illinoian. Anywho, I don't think it takes that much skill... Especially stealing kills... But in games such as Annex... It's gotta be E-Z P-Z!

But in Annex...you can't get the achs.

jackanape
05-25-2007, 01:29 PM
Maybe you should remove the time factor from the list, as just because it takes a while to do something doesn't make it hard. Let's be honest anyone who wants the achievements is gonna put in the time whether its five minutes or 50 hours.

I only say this because you have to play Viva Pinata for 50 hours for all of the achievements but I wouldn't consider that a tough 1000.

Or should it be on the list BECAUSE one of the achievements is to play for 50 hours, therefore fulfilling category 2 on your list?

I don't want to sound like a jerk but I think its a grey area. As I think GoW belongs there as getting 10,000 kills, in my eyes, requires a lot of skill.

|oneyedNewb|
05-25-2007, 02:21 PM
tussel, kills don't count in annex , there was me thinking everyone knew this?
and stealing kills isn't the best thing to do.

codedigital
05-25-2007, 02:30 PM
Maybe you should remove the time factor from the list, as just because it takes a while to do something doesn't make it hard. Let's be honest anyone who wants the achievements is gonna put in the time whether its five minutes or 50 hours.

I only say this because you have to play Viva Pinata for 50 hours for all of the achievements but I wouldn't consider that a tough 1000.

Or should it be on the list BECAUSE one of the achievements is to play for 50 hours, therefore fulfilling category 2 on your list?

I don't want to sound like a jerk but I think its a grey area. As I think GoW belongs there as getting 10,000 kills, in my eyes, requires a lot of skill.

But the purpose of the thread is for someone who wants to pick up a game and easily get a 1,000 points quickly. Playing for 50 hours doesn't really fit into a rental scenario.

Otaking584
05-25-2007, 07:17 PM
War Tech: Senko no Ronde should also be on the list for time perposes. One achievement is for playing for 100 hours and there is another one for playing 1000 ranked matches.

Danny Dibo
05-26-2007, 03:36 PM
I think the most important part is how fun the game is, I'm not gonna sit there for 10000 kills if the game doesn't interest me.
So time spent with a game is a concern, in my case viva pinata, I really couldn't get into this game, I went through the ach. List and saw one for 50 hours and immediatly said, nuhh uhh, this isint gonna happen.
Now as far as achievements go, Time, at least in my eyes, is a HUGE factor in what you choose to go for. With all the great titles coming up this summer all around same time, it will be interesting to see what games you really spend your Time with. I can spend 50 hours on a 20 point achievement, or 10 hours on forza, 10 hours on army of two...etc..

Ghost x360a
05-28-2007, 04:54 AM
Okay the Gears of War Achievements are fairly easy to get but I do agree with CoD 2, Dead Rising, and Guitar Hero 2.

jackanape
05-30-2007, 11:45 AM
But the purpose of the thread is for someone who wants to pick up a game and easily get a 1,000 points quickly. Playing for 50 hours doesn't really fit into a rental scenario.

In that case you have to add Viva Pinata and Elder Scrolls: Oblivion to the list simply due to the time involved to get all 1000.

To be fair I think any game that puts a time related achievement in there (especially a really high one) is a right pain as most of the time the required limit is a lot longer than it would take just to complete the game.

Raider
06-13-2007, 03:46 PM
You're right, but I still think GoW should be on this list. It takes like a week from a good player to complete CoD 2 on veteran difficulty, but it takes at least few months to get the Seriously-achievement. And what do you mean Gears of War isn't about skill? Of course it is. You have to kill people, and it takes skill to get kills. I think you mean Rainbow Six Vegas multiplayer. You don't need any skill in that game when you play multiplayer.

Vegas took more skill than gears, and getting to elite legit takes longer than seriously. But its also a much better game than gears was so I took over 3 months to 1000 point that game, and I loved every second of it and I still play it.

Spades12321
06-13-2007, 07:59 PM
Worl championship snooker should be on the list. One of the achievement is to get 147 from break, how the hell are you supposed to do that.

Mr Striker09
06-16-2007, 03:26 AM
Final Fantasy XI is the hardest one.

DiffuseBullet
06-20-2007, 11:00 AM
Shadowrun should be on there. Takes a hell of a long time to play 100 games as each race. Some games can last half an hour. Plus there is the insane achievments like godlike and unstopable, those two will take hours of playing to get legit.

Im a Manatee
06-21-2007, 12:11 PM
Shadowrun should be on there. Takes a hell of a long time to play 100 games as each race. Some games can last half an hour. Plus there is the insane achievments like godlike and unstopable, those two will take hours of playing to get legit.

Seconded. less than 200 in a week!

gauderio
06-21-2007, 09:52 PM
By the standards listed for tough, Viva Pinata qualifies solely by the fact that you have to play at least 50 hours to get all the achievements. Not that it was by any means difficult, however.

DFILL450
06-22-2007, 11:33 PM
i dont kno if any1 has mentioned it but rayman raving rabbids shud deffinitley be on there. Noone on these leaderboards or MGC has 1000 in that game. And i dought any1 ever will.

casper018
06-28-2007, 08:40 PM
I was wondering why is kameo on this list? you can easily get 700p by just finishing the main story right?

Lokstir
06-28-2007, 11:05 PM
ya but its tough 1000's not easy 700's casper

skins266
06-29-2007, 03:50 PM
what about getting all the orbs in crackdown, the hidden ones are especially hard

Blackjaw x
07-05-2007, 01:49 AM
This list contains.. well, all of the games I own and play. :P
Call of Duty 3 (Got the 1000), Gears of War (1000) Far Cry (1000), FEAR (750), PDZ (720), Saint's Row (770), Kameo (750), GRAW, Quake 4

Anyway, I think games that are just time consuming and not exactly challenging still deserve to be on here...

No one complained about Far Cry being on here even though the only thing about that game is that you have to beat it six times while collecting about 100 phials and play multiplayer for 80 hours.
Therefore, it is just time consuming but deserves to be on here because of that.

Gears of War is just time consuming as well, I agree, but the point of this list seems to be to see what games people would be frustrated with if they were to just rent them.
As for the Gears of War taking skill or not debate, I am not sided either way.
I got Seriously... from playing for a month straight, getting about 50 kills per 19 round game but lots of people could take longer due to lack of skill.
Either way, it's still time consuming, skill only makes it take less time.

codedigital
07-05-2007, 11:41 AM
what about getting all the orbs in crackdown, the hidden ones are especially hard

Not if you use a guide...it'll only take a couple of hours.

This list contains.. well, all of the games I own and play. :P
Call of Duty 3 (Got the 1000), Gears of War (1000) Far Cry (1000), FEAR (750), PDZ (720), Saint's Row (770), Kameo (750), GRAW, Quake 4

Anyway, I think games that are just time consuming and not exactly challenging still deserve to be on here...

No one complained about Far Cry being on here even though the only thing about that game is that you have to beat it six times while collecting about 100 phials and play multiplayer for 80 hours.
Therefore, it is just time consuming but deserves to be on here because of that.

Gears of War is just time consuming as well, I agree, but the point of this list seems to be to see what games people would be frustrated with if they were to just rent them.
As for the Gears of War taking skill or not debate, I am not sided either way.
I got Seriously... from playing for a month straight, getting about 50 kills per 19 round game but lots of people could take longer due to lack of skill.
Either way, it's still time consuming, skill only makes it take less time.

I agree with you...however I'm pretty sure there's a clause at the end of the original post defining the time limits.

Brighton X
07-05-2007, 02:21 PM
MRVL: Ultimate Alliance should definentally be on there, I've had the game since Christmas and only have 860.

bxbomber
07-05-2007, 02:49 PM
Madden '07 - You need NCAA football to complete this game.
Rainbow Six - You need a camera to complete this game.
Call of Duty 2 - You need skill to complete this game.

Wolf
07-05-2007, 03:45 PM
So what's our stance on Forza? It isn't particularly challenging, but it sure takes a long, long time.

halomastercap
07-09-2007, 02:41 PM
Command and Conquer 3 should be on this list.

Reasons:

The hard difficulty takes crazy skills. If you've never played and destroyed at games like this, and more so C&C games, you'll probably suffer for days and days.

Takes days to beat the game anyway. 2 days, at least. It's just got so many missions, lol.

You have to go through the campaign 3 times total, once on each difficulty, to complete the game. You get more points for completing it on Hard, less for medium, less for easy, so just beating easy and medium will not give you much.

The hardest achievement is to play 100 hours in MP. (DAMN...I thought the 80 in FC was ridiculus.)

Th3 Apache Dog
07-10-2007, 04:20 AM
I agree, with practice most people can beat the majority of the expert songs. Now getting all expert songs 5 stars is damn near impossible and very frustrating. the 5 starring expert is indeed very frustrating...luckily im past that and i got all 1000..i feel proud..lol:p...also Test Drive Unlimited should be on their...i have over 60 hours played with 950 points only...

MinorArmageddon
07-10-2007, 06:39 AM
While it isn't "hard", I think Forza 2 should be on here simply because of the sheer amount of time it will take to get to level 50.

Conker Rules All
07-10-2007, 08:13 AM
i defineatly think that LOTR batlle for middle earth is a tough 705 and should be on the list because it will take a good 40 hours

Conker Rules All
07-10-2007, 08:14 AM
command and conquer is also very hard and should be added to the list

Toki Wauna Noki
07-10-2007, 01:50 PM
i think crackdown is a tough 1000 really its a tough 1250

Otaking584
07-15-2007, 08:23 PM
MRVL: Ultimate Alliance should definentally be on there, I've had the game since Christmas and only have 860.

Ultimate Alliance isn't a hard 1000. Only reason I have yet to finish is it is becuase I'm trying to finish up other games I've played and I'm also having trouble with the Arcade levels because I don't really have anyone that I can run with and get them easily.

Low Beau
07-19-2007, 07:07 PM
Monster Madness: Battle for Suburbia...
half of the achievements are glithced, the other half are online ones that you have to do with at least 4 other people. Some of them need 8 people to start the match. Not to mention that the game itself is ultra-hard for most people.

Spiderman 3...
it's an easy 700 but I'd imagine getting gold in all the races with such a horrible camera is a pretty tough thing. Besides the game just sucks, is ugly and boring.

Overlord...
you have to win 100 total matches (50 pillage, 50 slaughter) and the match is set at 10 minutes and you can't change the time limit. Do the math and I bet it comes out to over 40 hours...good luck finding anyone online (you'll need to boost, and if you are than times that number by 2!) You also have to beat the game twice and if you burn through it it'll still take 40 hours alone.

jarhead1990
07-19-2007, 09:53 PM
Yeah i got 700 or so GS on PGR3 with ease. But the games damn hard on platinum.

Lunacy182
07-20-2007, 04:32 AM
Burnout Revenge is on that list? oh no, I just rented thinking it would be easy to get the achievements.

Oh well. its still a fun game

Brighton X
07-23-2007, 02:33 AM
the 5 starring expert is indeed very frustrating...luckily im past that and i got all 1000..i feel proud..lol:p...also Test Drive Unlimited should be on their...i have over 60 hours played with 950 points only...

I agree TDU is hard.

RedBlinky
07-23-2007, 04:26 PM
TDU is very doable i didn't think the game was at all hard i haven't driven 5000 miles yet but i've only played 10-15 hours at the most.... and am at 3600 miles so i could easily just drive around and get it within 40 hours....and unlike PGR the races and such aren't hard the only difficult one for me was the Maserati Challenge but even that is easy if you get engine upgrades.... (i did it with no engine upgrade and a rented car)

LOTR was really easy single player and pretty short too, i beat the whole thing without ever using my heroes to make sure they didn't die and im saying 10 hours or so at most.... it might be close but i dont think its a hard 750 or however much you get.... plus you have the chance to boost if you choose to do so and then it will probably only take 15 hours or so....

alex4283
07-23-2007, 04:53 PM
It's easy to talk about skill needed on GoW, when the seldom times I log online there's always someone blatantly cheating. For example, last night I dropped a guy twice and put a full clip in him while he was down. Got up....put him down again, melee'd him....got up again. the second he went down, my bullets went right through him. no blood, nothing. Then I realized why everyone else left before me.

Toki Wauna Noki
07-24-2007, 04:38 PM
Marvel: Ultimate Alliance isnt a tough 1000 i played it on my friends account and got all 1000 easy

x McGrim x
07-26-2007, 09:22 PM
Forza should be on the list. It takes an immense amount of time.

Nbag3
07-27-2007, 12:29 PM
Vampire Rain should be on there seeing as getting an S rank on every mission is challenging

SteveBIRK
07-28-2007, 01:48 PM
i would say that quake for is the hardest one of these cuz like one of the achievments is be #1 on the leader boards and u only get 20!!!!!!!!!!1 gamer points wtf if ur the best in the world then u sould at least get 500

Danny Dibo
07-28-2007, 10:00 PM
I'm still confused as to why World Series of Poker: TOC is not on this list. I mean, one achievement requires a Royal Flush, the other requires that you knock 1000 people out of the tournaments. Neither one of those is fast by any stretch.
Besides that, every single achievement takes longer then an hour to unlock. Definitly a tough 1000.

Conker Rules All
07-28-2007, 10:59 PM
i think forza 2 should be on the list
don't throw marvel ultimate alliance on there because with the online co-op my brother got the full 1250 in 4 days (15 hours MAX)

forza is defineatly hard though and very time consuming to the average gamer

Otaking584
07-29-2007, 12:11 AM
I think Tetris Evolution should be on the list.

AJJets107
07-29-2007, 12:23 AM
Madden '07 - You need NCAA football to complete this game.
Rainbow Six - You need a camera to complete this game.
Call of Duty 2 - You need skill to complete this game.
The first two achievements aren't hard all you need is the other game and the other one a Xbox Live camera.

L3XXY
07-29-2007, 08:46 AM
You should add Harry Potter and the of the order of the phoenix. It's not a hard game but the amount of boredom and sher mind numbing of playing it forces you to thoroughly earn your 1000. For this reason, I say stay clear.Definitely not a game for a quick 1000.

PhotoJ
07-29-2007, 06:06 PM
The Godfather should be on here, you have to raid the 4 family compounds and extort every store & racket which takes a lot of time, then do hits, favors, execution styles, film reels, and then grind to respect level 50.

HOT GOOSE
07-30-2007, 03:17 AM
shadowrun for sure... oblivion and full auto

pongsifu
07-30-2007, 06:44 AM
shadowrun for sure... oblivion and full auto

Oblivion just takes time, no skill at all.

richie0331
07-30-2007, 12:21 PM
Overlord...
you have to win 100 total matches (50 pillage, 50 slaughter) and the match is set at 10 minutes and you can't change the time limit. Do the math and I bet it comes out to over 40 hours...good luck finding anyone online (you'll need to boost, and if you are than times that number by 2!) You also have to beat the game twice and if you burn through it it'll still take 40 hours alone.

those 100 matches would come out to just under 17 hours of game time, time consuming yes but more boring than difficult

RedBlinky
07-30-2007, 03:32 PM
Oblivion just takes time, no skill at all.

Please put the difficulty slider all the way up and tell me it doesn't take skill and planning.... Besides just the 50 hours it takes alone to beat it denotes it as being quite difficult...

TimmayTheTurtle
07-30-2007, 03:50 PM
rainbow six vegas
oblivion
pdz
project 8
cod3

demonik83
07-30-2007, 04:05 PM
PGR3 should not be on here. its very easy if you play it. instead of messing around online.
PGR3 is almost impossible because of the online 50 point achievement that one is hard to get.

Im a Manatee
07-30-2007, 04:26 PM
Joehacker, lets talk about that sexy 395 in PGR3 you have. Definitely an easy 1000.

BillyBongOn
07-30-2007, 10:55 PM
I'm gonna go ahead and say Smackdown vs Raw 2007 should be on there, its a straight-forward 600-700 or so, but defeating every superstar three times each (on each difficulty) is very time consuming (I would say 40+ hours) and the Rumbles & Challenges are pretty difficult aswell!

although the online achivements could be done via boosting, I still think their pretty challenging

let me know what you guys think?

Vista
07-30-2007, 11:13 PM
Joehacker, lets talk about that sexy 395 in PGR3 you have. Definitely an easy 1000.

haha i agree that is a sexy 395

The Robxp
08-01-2007, 03:34 AM
i havn't tried it but i imagine vampire rain would be a hard 1000 because of the get all rank S on each mission and it being such a bad game, probaly same reason sonics on this list. Also COD2 definitely shouldn't be on there it is very easy to beat compared to something like PDZ on Dark Agent or even Perfect

LordDurham
08-01-2007, 05:10 AM
I wondered if Splinter Cell : Double Agent couldn't be in this list...well I guess he isn't ''tough'', but he's a pain if you want the complete 1000 pts, mostly because you need to play a bunch of game on Live, and there aren't a lot of people these time (Well I don't know now, I've heard there is a new downloadable pack...)

pongsifu
08-01-2007, 10:38 PM
Please put the difficulty slider all the way up and tell me it doesn't take skill and planning.... Besides just the 50 hours it takes alone to beat it denotes it as being quite difficult...

please put the slider all the way down and tell me it doesn't take one hit to kill pretty much anything.

It takes only a few hours to beat the main story line, all the guild quests is what is time consuming.

In games where you have the choice to turn down the difficulty all the way and still get the same achievements as on hardest, you have to assume most people go with easiest.

deathbypig37x
08-02-2007, 02:24 AM
I know Armored Core 4 is a quick 900 in the other thread, but I think it desreves to be in the tough 1000 section...Why? Because you have to beat all the missions, normal and hard and get the highest possible rank on EACH mission.
Currently, I am the only one in this 1000 club, and only one other person on the x360a leaderbaords has the full 1000.
For me, it took A LOT of skill and hard work, and I could see how long it took me to get all the achievements. 50 hours. Only 2 hours of that being multiplayer, and another 2 for time spent in the menus. (Tuning goes towards your achievments, because without doing it, you can't get S rank on every mission)

So this fufills the bottom to requirements. If twistedfate or anyone else who has beaten this game disagrees with me, then go ahead and disagree. My argument still stands, and I think no one will disagree.

EDIT: And PGR 3 should MOST DEFINATELY be added to the list!!! Extremely time consuming and very skill-requiring game! :biglaugh

pongsifu
08-04-2007, 06:01 AM
I know Armored Core 4 is a quick 900 in the other thread, but I think it desreves to be in the tough 1000 section...Why? Because you have to beat all the missions, normal and hard and get the highest possible rank on EACH mission.
Currently, I am the only one in this 1000 club, and only one other person on the x360a leaderbaords has the full 1000.
For me, it took A LOT of skill and hard work, and I could see how long it took me to get all the achievements. 50 hours. Only 2 hours of that being multiplayer, and another 2 for time spent in the menus. (Tuning goes towards your achievments, because without doing it, you can't get S rank on every mission)

So this fufills the bottom to requirements. If twistedfate or anyone else who has beaten this game disagrees with me, then go ahead and disagree. My argument still stands, and I think no one will disagree.

I'll second that motion, I have all the achievments in AC4 except the SS rank because it was a rental and I just didn't have enough time to do it in 5 days.

Otaking584
08-05-2007, 12:58 AM
I have to agree about AC4. I've played the games every since the first one and I know for a fact getting SS rank would take alot of time and skill.

Butters
08-05-2007, 01:25 AM
I'd say

Fifa 06 world cup ( the 500 point challenges cheeve was hard)
guitar hero 2
and ddr for sure

TOXICtheWORLD
08-05-2007, 01:39 PM
Gears Of War Is not though it's just time consuming With the 10.000 kills and all but the other things are really easy

TOXICtheWORLD
08-05-2007, 01:42 PM
BTW .
Tony Hawk Project 8 isn't that hard if you have played American Wasteland Because it's almost the same Story line with all the objectives and everything so i should mention it as a Time Consuming Game
New Players just have to play a lot longer

TOXICtheWORLD
08-05-2007, 06:09 PM
Call Of Duty Is a easy 1000/1000
Because You just have to learn using Smoke And everything
At My other profile i got 1000/1000 for COD II in 2 Days
So Not that tough

Vampire x360a
08-05-2007, 06:25 PM
there is a edit button by the way, just thought i would say as you havent posted alot

HOT GOOSE
08-05-2007, 08:03 PM
I think Shadowrun should be on here. You have to play 400+ matches at least and most of the achievements are pretty hard but u can boost for some.

Elite Assassin
08-08-2007, 09:55 PM
I think Shadowrun should be on here. You have to play 400+ matches at least and most of the achievements are pretty hard but u can boost for some.

I have 910 in it I'll have 1000 soon enough when ever I feel like playing it that is. Didn't boost for it either and it was pretty easy to get. Yeah every thing takes long but it isn't as hard as lets say Gears of war for 1250. 10000 kills takes longer then 400 matches.

Also marvel isn't that hard I'll get 1250 in it eventually. If I played it more I would already have it.

ravensfanyuya
08-09-2007, 06:05 AM
i kinda want to say crackdown but u probably can get all the orbs with a guide...

ravensfanyuya
08-09-2007, 06:08 AM
BTW .
Tony Hawk Project 8 isn't that hard if you have played American Wasteland Because it's almost the same Story line with all the objectives and everything so i should mention it as a Time Consuming Game

yea...u kinda have to be really good...to get all the sick goals and rank #1...so majority of the people wont get it...trust me

Dstrukt
08-09-2007, 03:27 PM
Add DDR: Universe to the list

Sanction
08-09-2007, 03:39 PM
What about Forza 2? Actually racing everything yourself takes upwards of 50 hours.

SeriousIle
08-09-2007, 04:57 PM
COD2 was first game i got full 1000.:woop: i Think it was because that was my first game along with q4. So i think it really isnt that hard. Took me about 2 weeks or so to get.Or maybe it was just luck...:)

codedigital
08-09-2007, 06:19 PM
I have 910 in it I'll have 1000 soon enough when ever I feel like playing it that is. Didn't boost for it either and it was pretty easy to get. Yeah every thing takes long but it isn't as hard as lets say Gears of war for 1250. 10000 kills takes longer then 400 matches.

Also marvel isn't that hard I'll get 1250 in it eventually. If I played it more I would already have it.

It takes more than 15 hours.

Rocket
08-09-2007, 06:32 PM
Gears Of War Is not though it's just time consuming With the 10.000 kills and all but the other things are really easy

BTW .

Call Of Duty Is a easy 1000/1000
Because You just have to learn using Smoke And everything
At My other profile i got 1000/1000 for COD II in 2 Days
So Not that tough

It's called an EDIT Button...look into it..

Gears: It has been discussed several times and is on the list because it takes a long time. That is why if you read the requirements, it says that the games are tough because they take longer than said amount of hours or are super hard for the majority.

THP8: It is not even close to being the same story. Save a skate ranch - become number 1. Yeah, not the same. And in 4 achievements themselves will take longer than the stipulated time: max grind skill, max air, max manual, max stats. I've played THP8 for well over 12 hours total playing time and I only have Grinding done. This game takes a lot of time, and even though I have played every Tony Hawk game, Sick is still difficult to get on a lot of those goals.

COD2: This game, be that all you have to do is beat it no Veteran. Yeah, that is fucking ridiculous hard. Smoke isn't everything in this game either. Takes the majority a little longer than 2 days to beat it. And I'm sorry, but I'm gonna call BS that you beat it in 2 days with your other profile.

Wait a minute, you are the fucking glitching gamesaver...yeah I don't believe shit that comes out of your mouth...your ass is gonna get banned here shortly anyway...

pinkpanfa
08-09-2007, 08:32 PM
Pimp my Ride because its a crappy Game.

Saint's Row because there's a lot to do.

Ravman Raving Rabbits because you have To nail every perfect in The game to get 183,000 in Score mode. Just give up and move on.

Rocket
08-09-2007, 08:36 PM
Pimp my Ride because its a crappy Game.

Saint's Row because there's a lot to do.

Ravman Raving Rabbits because you have To nail every perfect in The game to get 183,000 in Score mode. Just give up and move on.

Pimp my Ride because it's a crappy game? That doesn't make it tough, just makes it crappy...perhaps you should add more detail into your reasons...

DisposedCheese
08-09-2007, 08:43 PM
war Tech should be on the tough list
i got this game about 5 days ago and already ive peaked into finding that you have to play 1000 online matches. Get 3000 online points in an online play that phails harshly. Then beat campaign and score attack with all characters. Oh yeah and you have to play for a total of 100 hours.

RedstaR
08-11-2007, 05:46 PM
PGR3 should def be on the list, I wont even put the disc in my tray ><(and I own it!..)

Wolf
08-11-2007, 05:57 PM
COD2: This game, be that all you have to do is beat it no Veteran. Yeah, that is fucking ridiculous hard. Smoke isn't everything in this game either. Takes the majority a little longer than 2 days to beat it. And I'm sorry, but I'm gonna call BS that you beat it in 2 days with your other profile.

Bingo.

I remember in the African section dying on the drive to a mission before I actually had more control with my character than "look around." The D-Day missions were also hell. That bunker one was ridiculous; surviving for three minutes while Germans launch an all-out assault on you. I had to do sort of a semi-glitch and hide in the natural covering of the cliffs, and even then it took me numerous attempts. And don't get me started on that mission where you had to clear out all the houses. Call of Duty 3 was still impossible and the only part of it that matches 2's difficulty is the level where you have to operate the crane, blow up the tank, and break the fuel system thingy without any helpful checkpoints. The only "easy" part of Call of Duty 2 on Veteran was the tank missions, as the damage is virtually the same across all difficulties.

andybhoy92
08-11-2007, 08:41 PM
wot about just cause

it took me yonks just to get 895 its so timeconsumin

also wot about darkness as the story in my eyes is pretty hard as some of the parts are pretty darn scary!

DisposedCheese
08-12-2007, 12:20 AM
WarTech should be on the list for certain

drno
08-14-2007, 03:30 AM
For the over 40 hour criteria,
Oblivion, Viva Pinata, and enchanted arms. Oblivion took me about 50 hours, Viva Pinata REQUIRES you to play 50 hours, and Enchanted Arms took me about 40 hours. None of them are hard so probably don't belong here but they take a lot of time.

RedBlinky
08-18-2007, 02:53 AM
Well I rented command and conquer what two weeks ago and I am a very consistent gamer with several hours a day and I only have a little over 500 points I think command and conquer is very difficult to achieve plus playing for over 100 hours itself excedes the time limit maybe i'm just dreadful at the game but beating it on hard isn't easy or quick...

da voodoo child
08-18-2007, 03:13 AM
tiger woods 06 is impossible to get 1000 on

RedBlinky
08-18-2007, 03:19 AM
Yeah thats why its on the front page ^^

How about either dance dance revolution or tetris games where you actually have to be good to get the 1000 my gf loves both of them me .... no

CS_Prophet
08-19-2007, 01:47 AM
Rayman... Raving... Rabbits.... that game is sooo frigging hard... and it gets sooo mind numbingly boring if you play it for the 1000 achievements.. it is probably what mario party would be like on the 360 ><

yoyojovan
08-20-2007, 06:44 AM
Gears is pretty hard, seriously takes forever.

Patroclus
08-20-2007, 08:46 AM
Guitar Hero II is hard to get 5 stars, but I how many people actually have the 500,000 score achievement or the Millionare one either?? I got almost all 5 stars on my friend's XBox but I'm still in the 400,000's.

As for the Seriously achievement in GOW and the Elite achievement in Vegas, it really comes down to how much you like the game. If you're playing it just so you can get the 40/50 GP, then it will take forever. But if you're playing the game because you love it, you'll get it before you know it.

deathbypig37x
08-20-2007, 09:44 PM
I'll second that motion, I have all the achievments in AC4 except the SS rank because it was a rental and I just didn't have enough time to do it in 5 days.

I have to agree about AC4. I've played the games every since the first one and I know for a fact getting SS rank would take alot of time and skill.

i'm not trying to be a bother or anything, but since as far as I can see, no one objected, so why don't we go ahead and add AC4 to the list to tough 1000? I mean, if you can beat the game easily under 40 hours and not be an armored core pro, I'll shake your hand and congratulate you. But until then, I think that ARMORED CORE 4 should really be considered. And if the people in charge of this disagree, I would like to actually see such a post, and saying why.
I just want everyone to know that despite the "easy" 900, 1000 in AC4 is tough, and something that should be revered. That's all.

F4T B0I
08-21-2007, 09:34 AM
PG3 is hard to get all the platanums. but apart from that the rest is just play through. Also good if a player does not have xbox live as the only live one is gotham TV

Raider
08-21-2007, 12:40 PM
Elite on vegas takes a LONG time. Took me 3 months. Best multiplayer game on live so its a joy to do, but damb it takes a long time. Im also working through FEAR atm, I'v played through the campaign 4 times already and I gotta do it at least 1 more time to get ammo hog and all boosters. Then I gotta do the instant action maps on extreme (oh god). Then I gotta get the multiplayer done. But i'll do it cos its very rare that you see 1000 in FEAR on someones card.

ph201
08-22-2007, 03:38 AM
Hey, hey, hey! Woah now! Kameo??? All you need to do is beat single player with all of the extras which can be found easy with a list, and than the A ranks. The A ranks really aren't that hard after understanding the Doom Trolls and multiplier systems and watching a video of the level. The rest of the achievements are easier than the A ranks if you want to get technical.

Marx0r
08-22-2007, 04:02 AM
Shadowrun should definitely be put on the list. I don't think anyone's gotten 1000 legit, and even if you boost you still need to play a minimum of 400 matches to get the "Play 100 games as..." achievements.

Also, Crackdown, without a guide (and possibly even with) can take 50 hours for those damn orbs, not to mention that one impossible stunt ring on the Shai-Gen bridge.

casper018
08-23-2007, 08:36 PM
blue dragon is a though 1000!!!!!!!!!!

knockton55
08-24-2007, 02:25 PM
that one impossible stunt ring on the Shai-Gen bridge.

i did that by getting shot with a rocket launcher on co-op and flying through the ring. not that it helped ive only ever got 2

Fifa 07 should go on this list

jtkauff
08-24-2007, 06:13 PM
Seems to me that there's a lot of games where only the last 100 points or less are tough - if I'm reading the thread correctly, the (or close to) part of the title. Seems this is pretty relevant on things like Armored Core 4 (easy to get to 900, tough to get to 1000) and Viva Pinata (easy 960, time-consuming 1000). At the same time it seems that a lot of games get brought up a bunch (VP, Oblivion, etc.). Perhaps these need added to the first post underneath the under discussion section with an Easy X/Tough 1000 header so that they don't come back up?

ELCHINGON818
08-27-2007, 03:22 PM
Dead Rising takes forever. My friend gets frustrated with that game

maximumpain21
08-27-2007, 11:34 PM
the nuge is easy i got that and sniper in one day

II shantzee II
08-28-2007, 11:09 PM
To everyone who thinks Oblivion should be on there, you're wrong. It might take a while but you need to play a long time to enjoy it, not becuase it's hard...

Graham31004
08-29-2007, 03:39 AM
For the over 40 hour criteria,
Oblivion, Viva Pinata, and enchanted arms. Oblivion took me about 50 hours, Viva Pinata REQUIRES you to play 50 hours, and Enchanted Arms took me about 40 hours. None of them are hard so probably don't belong here but they take a lot of time.

You can get 960 GS in Viva in less than 15 hours though which qualifies it for a quick 1000. Anymore than 900 in 15 hours meets the requirement.

inmuse
08-29-2007, 01:13 PM
Virtua Tennis 3 is pretty ridiculous

How do ya'll feel bout that game?

ac2565
08-31-2007, 02:21 AM
MUA is a very hard 1000.

EDIT: Speaking of 1000s I just had my 1000th post.

Conker Rules All
08-31-2007, 03:49 AM
Shadowrun should definitely be put on the list. I don't think anyone's gotten 1000 legit, and even if you boost you still need to play a minimum of 400 matches to get the "Play 100 games as..." achievements.

Also, Crackdown, without a guide (and possibly even with) can take 50 hours for those damn orbs, not to mention that one impossible stunt ring on the Shai-Gen bridge.

dude that's a lie there are like 7 people on this site that got it l3git like: l3gi0n x360a, smokez v2, z4m and many others but i think crackdown should be for 1250

Conker Rules All
08-31-2007, 03:55 AM
dude blue dragon should be posted up there i just saw that it will take you like 500 hours to get 1000 in it

Smokez
08-31-2007, 04:01 AM

I got my 1000 in Shadowrun over a month ago. I got all of my achievements legit.When I got my 100th Vista Kill It was the only kill I got that game because I was letting someone get there last strangle kill and he kept killing me so I killed him once and I got it. I boosted for Master Thief and I have gotten it legit. I woulda gotten my 1000 2-3 weeks sooner but I had 2 xbox's break on me and have played over 1,000 games.

I am not sure about AC4. I rented that game and Bullet Witch at the same time, and I got 600 in BW and 890 in AC4. If there is a good guide on what to make your mech you could get all the achievements except SS and Hard in 1 day. But without knowing how to play and a guide it might be hard.

casper018
09-01-2007, 03:29 PM
Marvel: Ultimate Alliance shoudnt be on the though 1000 list,
Its a pretty quick 900 points...

casper018
09-01-2007, 03:29 PM
blue dragon, SHOULD be on this list

the hardest 1000 in my opinion so far ;)

Project KG
09-01-2007, 03:34 PM
Dead Rising takes forever. My friend gets frustrated with that gameNo it doesn't and how can you get frustrated at a game that is so awesome!

Bio-Strike
09-02-2007, 01:23 AM
I disagree. Like it's been said...Takes time, not skill.

PerpetualHeaven
09-02-2007, 02:15 AM
Someone already mentioned MUA. That should be on the easy. That game is really quick especially if you have a friend and both of you do it online. Piece of cake. I would say it's a quick 1000 (or close to).

TimmayTheTurtle
09-02-2007, 02:37 AM
by far gears of war is the hardest and cod3

MDKM 739
09-02-2007, 02:45 AM
off topic but i just started using this site and was wondering how i start anew topic on the forums

snotface2
09-02-2007, 02:47 AM
click forums tools then click post a new thread

LordDurham
09-02-2007, 04:09 AM
What about Bioshock?

Creating 100 weapons is going to be a pain I think...I didn't complete the game yet, but still it's not a small number :confused:

Oldeez
09-02-2007, 05:46 AM
perfect dark defanitly! im working on it right now and the campaign ones take longer than the multiplayer ones...(it requires u to play through the game 4 times then again for co-op)

xXxDARKNIGHTxXx
09-02-2007, 06:09 AM
y is Gears of War on there it is not hard 2 get all of the achivements it just takes a shit load of time 2 get *seriously*= 10,000 Ranked Kills :uzi:

nirvana4e
09-02-2007, 07:02 AM
id say forza and marvel shouldnt be on there i got around 880 or so in less than a week oblivion isnt hard just time consuming so i guess it could be on. and shadowrun for sure should be on there

Bodangles
09-02-2007, 08:40 AM
freaking dead or alive 4 is BY FAR top 2 or 3 hardest on that list. im sorry but yea gow takes time and so does guitar hero but DoA4 will only be aced by a select number of people.i really do respect all of your opinions, but DoA4 is 99.7% impossible and #1 if quake 4 isnt.

PerpetualHeaven
09-02-2007, 02:07 PM
y is Gears of War on there it is not hard 2 get all of the achivements it just takes a shit load of time 2 get *seriously*= 10,000 Ranked Kills :uzi:

Tough doesn't necessiarly mean hard. It's tough to get the 1000, not always skill-wise but time-wise. To say that GeOW isn't a tough 1000 is.. how can I put this gently.. wrong? 10,000 kills takes around 1-3 months depending how much you play. Gears of War will stay on there seeing as you proved why it should stay on there.

freaking dead or alive 4 is BY FAR top 2 or 3 hardest on that list. im sorry but yea gow takes time and so does guitar hero but DoA4 will only be aced by a select number of people.i really do respect all of your opinions, but DoA4 is 99.7% impossible and #1 if quake 4 isnt.

Not the thread to discuss how hard a game is, seeing as there is no numerical order to the game difficulties. We just listed them out for people who want easy and tough 1000s in alphabetical order.

by far gears of war is the hardest and cod3

Stay on-topic. I said this to AchievementMaster, this thread isn't too discuss which ones are the hardest but which ones are tough.

The Pants Party
09-02-2007, 02:38 PM
What about Bioshock?

Creating 100 weapons is going to be a pain I think...I didn't complete the game yet, but still it's not a small number :confused:

Absolutely not. BioShock can be done in one play, 15-20 hours.

Bodangles
09-03-2007, 11:41 AM
ha. my apologies Perpetual. allow me to rephrase.

DO NOT PLAY DEAD OR ALIVE 4 NO MATTER WHAT YOU DO.

100% tough.

CharmlessGem
09-03-2007, 03:18 PM
Yeah, DOA4 is pretty hard. Also Lost Planet and Project 8 are difficult. Chromehounds is impossible!

ph201
09-03-2007, 11:20 PM
As I've said already Kameo should not be on this list.

TOXICtheWORLD
09-04-2007, 04:46 PM
Battlefield 2 isnt hard only when you don;t use a Guide And We are right now on x360a so Look for a guide and its to easy to get 700-800 1000 is Time Consuming but a close to is Easy

Danny Dibo
09-07-2007, 06:02 AM
Ok, for the THIRD time...

I definitly think World Series of Poker: Tournament of Champions needs to be on that list.
I don't know why it hasn't been added yet, its like it is purposely not added to either list. It is NO where near an easy 1000.

thacent
09-07-2007, 08:33 PM
Def Jam Icon, most of those seem impossible for me or Spider-man 3, some of them are pain in the balls

knockton55
09-08-2007, 09:21 PM
Stay on-topic. I said this to AchievementMaster, this thread isn't too discuss which ones are the hardest but which ones are tough.
Man your harsh

Bodangles
09-08-2007, 11:01 PM
haha hes just doing his job. and he was right =(.

but shouldnt NHL 2k7 be on here seeing as it is a glitched achievement. i believe that corresponds with criteria numero uno.

Honkymagoo
09-08-2007, 11:17 PM
Forza fucking 2 O M G I've been going at this game for at least 40 hours and I know I have at least 5 more and probably 10 for 970.

conor bp
09-09-2007, 10:17 AM
all im gona say is take gears , cod 2 , cod 3 off and add graw 2 gears isnt tough at all to get 1000 in my opinion its a fun game n cod 2 doesnt take long to get 1000 cod 3 maybe coz of the 40, 000 points

knockton55
09-09-2007, 12:24 PM

but shouldnt NHL 2k7 be on here seeing as it is a glitched achievement. i believe that corresponds with criteria numero uno.

true true. but meh, it wasnt that off topic

o0EVIL0o x360a
09-09-2007, 03:39 PM
all im gona say is take gears , cod 2 , cod 3 off and add graw 2 gears isnt tough at all to get 1000 in my opinion its a fun game n cod 2 doesnt take long to get 1000 cod 3 maybe coz of the 40, 000 points

Gears - Is on the list because it takes 40+ hours for the average player to get 900+ points in it. (this does not take the extra 250 points into account)

COD2 - Is on the list because it takes an above average level of skill to beat the game on Veteran.

COD3 - Is on the list because it takes an above average level of skill AND 40+ hours to get the multiplayer achievements. These guidelines are on the first page with the list on it.

pongsifu
09-09-2007, 09:20 PM
COD2 - Is on the list because it takes an above average level of skill to beat the game on Veteran.

More like above average level of patience...that game was very frustrating at times.

Rascalov
09-10-2007, 01:16 AM
Stuntman: Ignition gets my vote. I've been playing for about 10 hours and got just 40 points. Some of the scenes are just incredibly tough. The difficulty comes in keeping your string up from the beginning to the end of a scene. On Aftershock First Tremor, I made over 100 attempts and could not get the 5 stars. I would say it requires an extreme level of skill, never mind an advanced one. :p

Raider
09-10-2007, 12:04 PM
I don't think gears is hard at all, the campaign on insane is very easy in comparison to rainbow 6 on realistic and FEAR on extreme. The multiplayer takes time for GOW, but getting to elite on vegas takes twice as long than it takes to get seriously. FEARs campaign is much harder and longer and even if you beat it on the hardest difficulty you still get less than 200gp in the game, you have to play the campaign multiple times and put a few hundred hours into the multiplayer, don't even get started on the instant action, they are impossible.

Bodangles
09-10-2007, 09:54 PM
true true. but meh, it wasnt that off topic

haha i didnt think so either but i will go to extreme lengths to prevent unknowing people from getting doa4. still i appreciate the backup :p

knockton55
09-11-2007, 06:29 PM
haha i didnt think so either but i will go to extreme lengths to prevent unknowing people from getting doa4. still i appreciate the backup :p
dont mention it :D

dches331
09-12-2007, 01:05 AM
definately guitar hero 2, its possible if you get good but its very hard, i have 940 and ive been playin for 2 months so that deserves to be up there

MrHarribalsonya
09-12-2007, 06:05 PM
Call of Juarez needs to be on this list because of the glitched achievement. Also, Guitar Hero 2, because expert is easy for select few and not everyone has a good co-op partner.

Smokez
09-12-2007, 07:11 PM
Gears - Is on the list because it takes 40+ hours for the average player to get 900+ points in it. (this does not take the extra 250 points into account)

Gears of War took me 6 Hours to get almost 700points when it first came out. But I think everyone should stop saying GoW is easy. If you don't use the new 250 it will take you well over the requirements to get 1000.

UltraAmoeba
09-13-2007, 11:50 AM
Blue Dragon is a very long game to complete in terms of GS!

Some of the achievements are very tricky to get aswell!

It may be worth consideration?

=]

PerpetualHeaven
09-13-2007, 01:06 PM
Man your harsh

No I'm not. I just asked him that's all. It's to avoid pointless clutter so that highpass can run through the thread without having a million things to read through.

Anyways, I need everyone elses opinions on these games and whether they should be added or not:
-World Series of Poker: Tournament of Champions
-Def Jam Icon
-Forza 2
-Stuntman Ignition
-MUA
-PG3
-World Championship Snooker

Please I also ask for everyone to use their minds and read the criteria. If you some how think that Gears of War achievements can be obtained under 40 hours, you're mentally ill and need to see a physician ASAP. The weapon and 10,000 kills can take a while especially if you have as much skill as a rock.

Also, if there's a game you would like to be on or off the list, give REASONS. We can't add and remove things by taking your word for it. Give reasons as to why you want it removed/added. Logical and well thought reasons that comply with the criteria which I'm going to list. I must note there are also exceptions for example NHL 2K7. Even though 50 points is glitched the game is incredibly easy. This is because it meets the quick 1000 rule which is "it's possible to obtain 900 points" (paraphrased).

Here is the requirements again:
(1) It is impossible to obtain the full GS amount available.
(2) Obtaining the full amount available takes at least 40 hours.

Thanks for being so understanding :D Anyways, NHL 2K7 is close to an easy 1000. So you won't get the full 1000 but it is definitely easy to get the full 1000. The game has to remotely difficult and NHL 2K7 is no where near that. The tourney achievement is a bit difficult but not enough to justify a hard 1000 or near it.

Gears of War took me 6 Hours to get almost 700points when it first came out. But I think everyone should stop saying GoW is easy. If you don't use the new 250 it will take you well over the requirements to get 1000.

Looking at your gamercard and you managed to play insane before any of the other ones. So you must have had a friend who already had insane because you can't play that mode until you've beaten hardcore.

o0EVIL0o x360a
09-13-2007, 02:48 PM
Hey Perpetual Heaven. GRAW2 is already on the Quick 1000s list and Oblivion only takes 25-30 hours TOPS if you just throw the difficulty down to zero and run/fast travel to your objectives, one-hit-kill everything and skip everything else. I know because I did it. That is not counting the DLC though.

PerpetualHeaven
09-13-2007, 03:00 PM
Hey Perpetual Heaven. GRAW2 is already on the Quick 1000s list and Oblivion only takes 25-30 hours TOPS if you just throw the difficulty down to zero and run/fast travel to your objectives, one-hit-kill everything and skip everything else. I know because I did it. That is not counting the DLC though.

Did you play the game before that? Because if you re-beat it that fast then that doesn't count because I've re-beat it that fast also around 30 hours. Does that really make it quick though especially for someone who's never even played the game? I wouldn't say it's a tough 1000 though but that's why I put it up for discussion. I just don't think it's a quick 1000.

o0EVIL0o x360a
09-13-2007, 07:42 PM
Did you play the game before that? Because if you re-beat it that fast then that doesn't count because I've re-beat it that fast also around 30 hours. Does that really make it quick though especially for someone who's never even played the game? I wouldn't say it's a tough 1000 though but that's why I put it up for discussion. I just don't think it's a quick 1000.

Yeah, given I had beaten it before on PC... but my thinking is that the compass/map just tells you exactly where you need to go so even if you've never played it before, you can just follow the map and kill anything in your way with one hit. I think having played it before I only beat it about 2 hours quicker than I would have if it was my first time. Well scratch that, I would've taken my time if it was my first time and put a lot more hours into it to enjoy it, but that is beside the point. From an achievement point standpoint, it does not qualify for either one of these lists.

Bodangles
09-13-2007, 08:46 PM
Perpetual, WSOP: ToC is definitely a Tough 1000...being a good poker player in real life (by my casino standards anyways :p), i can officially say that game is RIGGED.

(1)although not entirely impossible, the royal flush chip "aint no picnic". good luck with that one.

(2)it does take well over the 40 hour mark to get all of the achievements.

(3)it definitely takes some sort of intermediate skill, at least, to have a chance at the 1000.

Honkymagoo
09-13-2007, 10:25 PM
Perputual Heaven I can say that Forza 2 definitely deserves a spot on the list due to 65 hour minimum to achieve 970 and then 1 mil online credits would bump you up to 70 hours even with boosting. PGR3 should be on there for difficulty factor. Beating the game on the hardest setting IS a challenge if you aren't insanely good. It's an easy 600 or so but after that it could be major trouble. I can't speak for any of the others you listed besides the fact that my friend told me he got 1000 in Oblivion quite quickly.

TOXICtheWORLD
09-14-2007, 11:29 PM
Put on Blue dragon its pretty hard if you have never played Final Fantasy !!

Raider
09-15-2007, 02:47 AM
Suggested add, blue dragon. Not massively difficult, but 100+ hours to get the full 1k.

09-15-2007, 04:32 AM
Perputual Heaven I can say that Forza 2 definitely deserves a spot on the list due to 65 hour minimum to achieve 970 and then 1 mil online credits would bump you up to 70 hours even with boosting. PGR3 should be on there for difficulty factor. Beating the game on the hardest setting IS a challenge if you aren't insanely good. It's an easy 600 or so but after that it could be major trouble. I can't speak for any of the others you listed besides the fact that my friend told me he got 1000 in Oblivion quite quickly. 65 hours? If I didn't accidentally buy a $5 million car I would have had 930 in 40 hours.

PerpetualHeaven
09-15-2007, 04:53 AM
65 hours? If I didn't accidentally buy a $5 million car I would have had 930 in 40 hours.

Yeah but 40 hours is still a lot dude. I mean if I wanted to raise my gamerscore on my older account, I would not have Forza on my list just yet. That would be my back list. 40 hours is a lot compared to the average quick easy game. Anyways keep discussing these. These aren't my threads so I can't add anything but we're getting some games there. Anything else anyone disagrees with and why? Or feel that another game should be on here?

Honkymagoo
09-15-2007, 06:13 AM
65 hours? If I didn't accidentally buy a $5 million car I would have had 930 in 40 hours.

40 hours? well this says otherwise and from personal experience I've been going at this game for about 60 hours and I'm level 47.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=28199

Raider
09-15-2007, 11:58 AM
I don't know how you can finish forza 2 in less than 60 hours personally. I never lost a race and I had over 80 hours on the clock before I got all cars/all golds.

Nick G 42390
09-15-2007, 07:06 PM
I think anyone who says Gears Of War shouldn't be under the tough category should be banned lol. That game is so damn tough! It took me 7 months to get seriously, if that isn't tough/tim consuming, I don't know what is. And even if you boost in that game it doesn't make it anymore faster. It takes longer trying to boos to get the online achievements then it does to actually just play and get them as you go along.

PerpetualHeaven
09-16-2007, 02:57 PM
UPDATE
Added:
-Forza 2
-WSOP-Tournament of Champions
-Blue Dragon

Anything else ladies and gents?

Don Manolo
09-16-2007, 06:22 PM

yea very time consuming not only because it takes long to get points but also because sometimes it takes for ever to find a game...

Stickreid
09-17-2007, 03:59 AM

I beat the game on expert, only missing a few songs with 5 stars =D

Honkymagoo
09-17-2007, 05:51 PM
It's not very tough if you put some practice into it. I agree it should be on here because it does require talent but if you work at it and got good it still wouldn't take over 40 hours to get above 700.

burnhamayyy
09-18-2007, 02:02 AM
definately world snooker needs to be on there last time i looked 5 people in the world completed i was on it for a few hour and i couldnt do much on it some of the achievements are sick

another that ive played which is a hard 1000 is virtua tennis 3 most achievements are easy to get but to get all gold on academy is down right ridiculous i think 15 people have managed to do it im struggling to get bronze on some of them. respect anyone thats done that game

forza 2 isnt hard just takes so much time i finished career in just over 50 hrs then took a couple of hr to do arcade and god knows how many hours its going to take me to do 1m credits ive done 250k in about 5-6 hr on longer lap races with mates who aint great :P

09-18-2007, 02:11 AM
40 hours? well this says otherwise and from personal experience I've been going at this game for about 60 hours and I'm level 47.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=28199Well, I guess this figure is somewhat skewed because I never played online, but between car sales and purchases and winning on my first try for virtually every race and not simming anything, I really don't know how it could take you that long. I hit Level 50 before I even started the endurance races.

glasstiger50
09-19-2007, 12:35 AM
Virtua Tennis 3 for sure. This game takes a lot of skill to get 50 ranked wins as well as 10 doubles win. And AT LEAST 40 hours to get all the achievements. 1000 plays and 500/250 shot types, in addition to ranking #1 in the World Tour, are not simple tasks. Hence why no one on the site has 1000.

PerpetualHeaven
09-19-2007, 03:38 AM
Does anyone object to the idea of Virtua Tennis 3 being put onto the tough 1000 list?

Nick G 42390
09-19-2007, 03:41 AM
Does anyone object to the idea of Virtua Tennis 3 being put onto the tough 1000 list?

Nope. That is definetly a tough 1000. I played it for hours and only got 600 something I believe. I spent at least an hour trying to beat king and duke and still didn't so ya. Definetly a tough 1000.

Andrew14man
09-19-2007, 03:46 AM
Dynasty Warriors: Gundam

not hard at all, but VERY time consuming

PerpetualHeaven
09-19-2007, 04:06 AM
Update

Added
-Virtual Tennis 3

Tom19
09-19-2007, 07:35 PM
Marvel is not that hard. it just takes like a year lol.
To ChrisReeve1991 - Oblivion is an easy gamerscore. Get a guide or 2 online and you will have it like 50 hours.

Z3R0 S1X
09-19-2007, 09:09 PM
Who ever said Rainbow Six: Vegas takes no skill to play is nuts! That game is tough and it does take practice to get good at. If you are used to playing something like Halo or Gears of War (neither of which is that realistic, but both are great games) pop in RSV and try a run & gun style of play. You won't last long because its' a different type of FPS. RSV is alot of fun once you get used to playing it and it does belong on this list because some of the achievements are tough. Both of the single player achievements that you have to earn on realistic aren't easy. Getting to Elite takes ALOT of time if you don't cheat. Master of Ceremonies and the one where you make a character using the XBOX vision camera are a waste of time in my opinion and shouldn't be achievements. Those points should've been added to one of the others. If you really play this game and don't boost, the multiplayer achievements can take some practice. Now if Ubi would just release a sequel and our ranks from the first one carry over...

Bodangles
09-19-2007, 09:13 PM
ha not being a huge RSV player but damn good halo 2 player, i can agree with the statement above. ive played Vegas at my friends and i played the demo and i suckeddddd. a lot. so yea the elite and and realistic achievements are no simple thing. i think it definitely belongs on here.

PerpetualHeaven
09-20-2007, 04:16 AM
Marvel is not that hard. it just takes like a year lol.
To ChrisReeve1991 - Oblivion is an easy gamerscore. Get a guide or 2 online and you will have it like 50 hours.

50 hours.. so easy. It doesn't take longer then that and someone said it took them 25 hoursish but I still need to see that for myself. Besides, that's someone who beat the game already. The achievements are easy but time consuming. No one would ever play 50 hours for a 1000 if they needed gamescore ASAP.

PerpetualHeaven
09-21-2007, 04:47 AM
Alright I've added logos for each ones now. I have a (B) which stands for boosting and (F) which is for games that are nearly or actually are impossible. So just tell me which games should get these tags and I'll throw them. Also tell me how you like the new lay out. Anything that should be changed?

PerpetualHeaven
09-21-2007, 12:46 PM
How does everyone feel about adding 2006 Fifa World Cup under tough 1000? I remember that game faintly but from what I do remember, it was flipping hard.

PerpetualHeaven
09-21-2007, 02:07 PM
Added:-
Rayman Raving Rabbids
DDR Universe
College Hoops 2K7
C&C3
Blitz The League
FIFA 07
MotoGP 07
Nascar 08
MOH: Airborne

Bodangles
09-21-2007, 09:31 PM
im a bit confused why MOH: Airborne was added. i played the demo and a bit at my friends. maybe its just me, but i felt skill wise it was actually quite easy, especially at the expert level. the multiplayer achievements i can see being time consuming, so i was hoping that was why it was added? just looking for some confirmation...:)

Raider
09-21-2007, 11:27 PM
You have to play it 3 times and its really boring.

Bodangles
09-22-2007, 02:46 AM
well im huge on FPS games so im guessing its the time consumption? lol i can play any FPS campaign at least 5 times to fascinate myself so unless it is NBA Street: Homecourt replay value, it cant be that bad...

PerpetualHeaven
09-22-2007, 03:34 AM
Go check out everyone on the leaderboards for our site barely anyone has MoH. It's definitely time consuming. This thread is a mixture of tough and time consuming games. MoH should take you a while. Most of these games on here are based off of home many people have 1000 or how long it took them to get the 1000. This is through my research. of course this can be changed. This is not set in stone.

Bodangles
09-22-2007, 04:53 AM
oh don't worry perpetual i trust you 100% :) no questioning the research. i just have pretty much heard good things about the game itself, and was pleased with the gameplay. but if it takes over 40 hours, its tough and there's no stoppin' that.

ReD S1X
10-01-2007, 03:31 PM
Dead Rising is the most time consuming for me.....

Seriously who could outlast 14 hour of continuous gameplay just to get a 20pt of 7 day survivor????

ipwnu
10-10-2007, 02:04 AM
DDR Universe should be under discussion. Though some of us can not keep the beat, i started out sucking too, and now I don't. I just played it practically non-stop for a couple days. Use the controller if you have to, not the pad. I don't have DDR Universe, but I do have many others for the PS2, but I'm sure i can't be much different.

10-10-2007, 02:39 AM
Dead Rising is the most time consuming for me.....

Seriously who could outlast 14 hour of continuous gameplay just to get a 20pt of 7 day survivor???? I haven't really played Dead Rising (waste of $60, as I could have gotten it now for $30), but what makes this so hard? Does pausing the game not really pause the game or something? I know 14 hours is a lot, but if you really want it I don't know why you can't just pay a little extra for electricity this month and keep your Xbox on for a day or two and take on his achievement a couple hours at a time.

ph201
10-10-2007, 02:39 AM
It's not whether or not DDR itself is hard, it's DDR's achievements that are questionable.

hainesdogg
10-10-2007, 04:10 AM
Just curious I noticed Dynasty Warriors: Gundam on the list and I recently rented that game, haven't played it yet.

My question is it a hard game or it is just time consuming?

o0EVIL0o x360a
10-10-2007, 05:04 PM
I haven't really played Dead Rising (waste of $60, as I could have gotten it now for $30), but what makes this so hard? Does pausing the game not really pause the game or something? I know 14 hours is a lot, but if you really want it I don't know why you can't just pay a little extra for electricity this month and keep your Xbox on for a day or two and take on his achievement a couple hours at a time.

The two achievements you are referring to are 5 and 7 day survivor. These are done in infinity mode where it mixes up the game and there is no storyline. Basically you just have to kill psychos and survivors to get food and just survive. The catch is that you can't save your game or turn off your xbox at all for 14 hours. And you've got to keep a fairly close eye on things. Although "surviving" sounds easy, your life runs down constantly. So you've got to keep moving and picking up more health. (Which does not respawn at all from what I've heard) Couple this with having to beat the story mode at least twice, probably 3 times at 6 hours a pop, and then overtime mode as well. Zombie Genocider requires it's own special playthrough as well which is 6 hours for that 20 pointer. The game has some really tough achievements like Saint and Frank the Pimp as well, plus the probably 40 hours to get everything. Is that reason enough for ya??

ipwnu
10-10-2007, 08:40 PM
It's not whether or not DDR itself is hard, it's DDR's achievements that are questionable. How hard can it be to beat 60 songs with a D or higher? They're one and a half minutes long.

Tangled Ninja
10-11-2007, 02:26 AM
I dont think Gears Of War should be on here its really not that hard of a game depending on how much time you have to get seriously;)

o0EVIL0o x360a
10-11-2007, 02:37 PM
This is the Tough 1000 (or close to) section. This specific section will tell you which games take you 40+ hours to get 900 or more points. There are no specific categories here. Some games may be done under 40 hours and others may be well over. It all really depends on skill level and research done.

Please do:-
Shout if you think these guidelines aren't fair.
Post how long it took you to attain the amount listed under (2) for any games shown above.

Please do not:-
Post anything along the lines of "I agree with <something already on the main list>".
Don't get into an argument over how easy you think the game is. The games on here take over 40+ hours and that means they are a tough 1000.

There is a first page for a reason.

willcrazyiii
10-15-2007, 12:06 AM
Orange Box should be added. That is going to take a long time to get everything, and I mean a long time. Portals seems to not be saving right, so you might have to get all those gold medals in one sitting. Nonetheless it seems impossible.

Six to Eight
10-16-2007, 03:10 AM
Orange Box should be added. That is going to take a long time to get everything, and I mean a long time. Portals seems to not be saving right, so you might have to get all those gold medals in one sitting. Nonetheless it seems impossible.

On top of that it has 99 achievments. :woop:

Bodangles
10-16-2007, 03:40 AM
Is that reason enough for ya??

TOUCHE BROTHER! let's please refrain from insulting those of us who have 960 in that damned game by saying it should be removed. i mean they already gave 20 G's to each achievement. the suffering has gone on for too long!

:woop:

NO. NOT :woop:. :uzi::uzi::uzi::uzi:.
IT PISSES ME OFF THAT SOME GAME WOULD RECEIVE 99 ACHIEVEMENTS. GOD. nonetheless, although time will have to tell, im sure Orange Box will have to be added.

Raider
10-16-2007, 04:51 AM
Fifa WC yes. That 500 point one is freaking nasty. I rented it for a week, worked all on the scenarios, didn't even bother with the other easy stuff. Knocked quite a few of them down, but its very hard and burns you out as its such a rubbish game, I gave up.

pavementpoop
10-16-2007, 10:24 AM
i think saints row is a hard to get 1000 points, tho i hear people complaining about halflife 2 and the 99 achivments all you will have to do it complete them? i aint got it yet but will see xD

fugitivetoby31
10-16-2007, 10:41 AM
Ok Just my take but two of the games on the list should'nt be there!

LMA 2007
Pro EVo 6

These two games are incredibly easy and require a minimal amount of skill.

LMA 2007 takes circa 30 hours 8 leagues approx 4 hours per league.
Absoloutley no skill required at all simply pick the best team in a league (game even tells you the better teams) then play and save away!
Requirments state game is to require over 40 hours and medium to high skill!

Pro evo 6, Again pick best team or a top team put game on easiest difficutly ( all achievements can be unlocked on lowest difficulty) then just run straight down the middle of the pitch and score without being tackled.
You can win 10-0 against any team on 5 minute games. Not exactly a challenge even for a non football type of person.

Only downside for both of these games is the boredom factor. Very dull indeed, but this hardly makes the games 'tough'

Just my thoughts but they are from a NON footie fan who knows more about American Football than soccer (and believe thats not alot)

pavementpoop
10-16-2007, 10:58 AM
^^^ yea they may be quite easy but hell there time consuming...

fugitivetoby31
10-16-2007, 11:08 AM
^^^ yea they may be quite easy but hell there time consuming...

The only way they will take 40 hours or more is if you fall asleep whilst coughs playing coughs them.

Raxor
10-17-2007, 10:31 AM
I would probabbly put PGR4 down as a tough 1000. Especially if you dont have great racing skill (all levels platinum etc). Yes its easy to get around 800 but the last few Arcade missions really ramps up the difficulty i thought.

pongsifu
10-18-2007, 12:28 AM
The Orange Box ain't easy.

Between getting gold on all the portal levels, and carrying a stupid garden gnome through the entirety of episode 2, the achievements aren't exactly a cake walk. Plus the multiplayer achievements.

Depending on how fast you can manage to do those multiplayer achievements, I guess it could be done in under 40 hours but it really depends on skill as well, as all gold medals on portal, even after watching video guides, is pretty tough.

BUT, you can get about 600 just playing through the 4 campaigns, so not sure if that is enough to be considered easy or not.

Royle
10-21-2007, 09:32 PM
FIFA World Cup 2006 may be a easy 500 but the other 500 is impossible I think that should be added to complete all challenges are literally impossible:)

Raider
10-29-2007, 01:58 AM
Orange box I would say yes, as there are so many achievements. You have to have your head in a guide if you want to get them all in one play through. Add all the time of the play throughs, the difficulty level and the just how specific the achievements are, how many collectibles there are. That easily puts it over 40 hours of play.

Z3R0 S1X
10-30-2007, 02:40 AM
Guitar Hero 3 has yet to be added, I'd guess that one takes quite a while to get the full 1000 points. Most people that play it won't get half the points let alone all of them. Some of those online ones shouldn't even be in the game, like beating one of the creators of GH3? Please! Most of us can't even play the game good enough to compare to those guys. Aside from some of those, it should be on here for the same reasons as GH2. Both are great games but are very time consuming if you want all of the achievements. They are practically impossible if you don't know anyone who can play well enough to get some of the harder ones for multiplayer.

Io Haze oI
10-30-2007, 08:03 AM
After running through the orange box im left with 9 more achievments to gain. 4 of them i can get easily, and another possibly. Then i would just be left with portal ahcievments, i dont event want to think about the gold medal ones and my jump 300 feet is glitched i think :(.

Orange box can be considered a tough one for the gold medal portal achievments. The half life 2, ep 1, ep 2 and team fortress2 achievments are considerably easy.

PerpetualHeaven
11-01-2007, 08:59 PM
I think with a guide you could definitely finish Orange Box under 40 hours yes? no? I've been playing the games and the games themselves aren't really long and with a guide I think anyone could easily zip through it. I mean each Half Life takes around 6-7 hours and you aren't required to beat it on normal so you can do it on easy. I didn't use a guide and I don't have that many achievement points in it but I think you could definitely do it under 40 with a guide.

I also added Guitar Hero 3.

Shinsetsu
11-01-2007, 09:02 PM
I nominate VF5O.

getting all items and ranks in Quest mode takes at least 50 hours or more. Not to mention placing in tournaments and getting ALL emblems.

PerpetualHeaven
11-01-2007, 10:07 PM
I nominate VF5O.

getting all items and ranks in Quest mode takes at least 50 hours or more. Not to mention placing in tournaments and getting ALL emblems.

Done. If anyone has anything against me putting this game there please state why :)

BackerMan
11-05-2007, 05:09 PM
I think Ace Combat 6 is tough 1,000. I'm having hard time trying to get some achievements.

newbsicle
11-05-2007, 06:27 PM
BEAUTIFUL KATAMARI: I think this game took me about 50hours and for the 100hour achievement I just left my xbox on for 2 days with the game inside. :p

Bodangles
11-05-2007, 08:54 PM
well i cannot really add anything new to the list but there are a few things that may or may not contribute to the thread...

1) it says what will or will not disqualify a game above the three points...just a little error :).

2) i disagree with point three. i think it is much too broad and it is the reason some of the games are on there, which only take about 30 - 35 hours. i mean i understand the concept, but medium to advanced covers like every game? i dont mean to be picky or anything i would just like to discuss a different criteria setting.

for example,
i can beat most shooters in under 30, so i wouldnt qualify for CoD2 etc.
BUT i really suck at say, sports games? so college hoops 2k7 may need to be on here.

it could just be me, but i think a new criteria would help minimize the list.

Cloud878
11-05-2007, 09:08 PM
Tomb Raider Anniversery is a big toughie. I recommend putting that up there.

PerpetualHeaven
11-06-2007, 01:25 AM
well i cannot really add anything new to the list but there are a few things that may or may not contribute to the thread...

1) it says what will or will not disqualify a game above the three points...just a little error :).

2) i disagree with point three. i think it is much too broad and it is the reason some of the games are on there, which only take about 30 - 35 hours. i mean i understand the concept, but medium to advanced covers like every game? i dont mean to be picky or anything i would just like to discuss a different criteria setting.

for example,
i can beat most shooters in under 30, so i wouldnt qualify for CoD2 etc.
BUT i really suck at say, sports games? so college hoops 2k7 may need to be on here.

it could just be me, but i think a new criteria would help minimize the list.

Well those games are all particularly difficult. I can safely say a ton of people have a lot of difficulties with COD2. Considering most peoples proudest achievement was beating the entire game on Veteran. Now there are a handful who zipped through it with ease.

Now, regardless if you suck at sport games, I think it's impossible for anyone to do badly at College Hoops or any other sport games for that matter. They let you toy with sliders which allow you to completely rig the game on your side. It's more skill based if you do not use any of the short cuts.

And it's not entirely based on hours. It has to meet one or more of the points. That is a skill based criterion. For Call of Duty, most people will have a tough time because not many people are used to such difficulty. In that case, it will be one of the toughest regardless of how long it takes. It's still very tough and a lot of people do get stuck. Most of these games do take over 40 hours anyways.

A game like DDR is very skill based. I mean, sure some of the best players can get it under 40 but who would rent that game when they have zero skill in that game and there's no shortcuts to make up for that lack of skill? Sport games have that feature. Shortcuts make up for any lack of skill you have. They know DDR is tough because it's skill based.

Hardly any games are up there based really on skill but if you think about it, a lot of games can be easy to a lot of people because they have more skill. Then that would defeat the entire purpose of the tough list if you really think about it. It's there for a guide line and not a direct means for all. It's completely generalized.

Look at what I say at the starting:
"Some games may be done under 40 hours and others may be well over. It all really depends on skill level and research done"

Which is the exact truth and I state that because some people might be like, "Oh well that wasn't tough." Well obviously because it's applying to the masses.