PDA

View Full Version : Royal Rumble

jeffy777
11-26-2008, 03:27 AM
Anyone else disappointed with the Royal Rumble? I was really looking forward to it, but got bored after about 5 minutes.

When you go to throw someone out, it shows the same exact same canned animation EVERY SINGLE TIME where you whip the guy and he flys over the ropes, but yet they manage to grab the ropes at the last second and pull them selves back up, then you have to do the dumb button mashing thing to push them down, which looks really lame. It's the same thing every single time and gets old really fast. It all seems so fake because it happens the same way time after time, after time......

It's been a few years since I played a wrestling game and the Royal Rumbles used to be much better in the older games, where you could actually send a guy flying over the ropes with a good solid punch or kick and he would go sailing out like a sack of potatoes. There used to be multiple ways to knock or throw guys out of the ring, not this lame stuff where you now have to push the guy down every single time in the exact same way. I could see if the push thing was ONE of the ways to get a guy out, but not the ONLY way.

I was hoping a newer game would be better for the Royal Rumble, but really the sad truth is that the old WCW game for Nintendo 64 had a better Royal Rumble than this :(

IR IH II IN O x
11-26-2008, 04:06 AM
I agree. They definately need to change the Royal Rumble. The ring-out definately needs to be changed. I remember the old wrestling games had a lot of ways to be thrown out. It was a lot more fun to play the Royal Rumble then. Hope they change it in next years game.