PDA

View Full Version : Personal achievement tracking

gauderio
11-26-2008, 07:43 AM
I like to finish my games as much as possible. Often times I'll be working on multiple games at once and forget about specific achievements in one game or another that I was trying for.

It'd be nice if there were a way to make a custom list, i.e. an achievement wishlist or goal list, where you could aggregate the specific achievements across all these games without having to scroll through the entire list for each game.

One way I see it happening is the achievement wishlist would appear as a link just below where "My Checklists" currently appears on the left.

In order to migrate specific achievements to that list, a button (like the "quick reply" button here in the forums, or even just simple text like the current "add to collection" text for each game) would just have to appear somewhere for each achievement. A good location might be the bottom right of the box that currently contains the description for each achievement.

Depending on how your code is written, it might be a Hurculean feat to add in for every achievement ever, and I understand if it can't be done, but this is a "suggestion box", right? It could also help the community by the statistical data it would generate. It could show not only which achievements are harder to obtain (by those that linger longest on the list), but also give an idea of what percentage of players actually try for each of them and could even be used to help players find other players looking to get similar achievements.

Tussell
11-26-2008, 07:47 AM
Depending on how your code is written, it might be a Hurculean feat to add in for every achievement ever, and I understand if it can't be done, but this is a "suggestion box", right? It could also help the community by the statistical data it would generate. It could show not only which achievements are harder to obtain (by those that linger longest on the list), but also give an idea of what percentage of players actually try for each of them and could even be used to help players find other players looking to get similar achievements.
I think it would be a better idea if it had more reason to be used. It's a good idea, but seems a little useless at this point.
We've already got threads that cover basically every single on of those topics.

CaptCrunchPants
11-26-2008, 03:45 PM
pencil and a notebook work well, also

mitchv79
11-26-2008, 06:22 PM
You are talking about a filtered checklist that excludes the achievements that you already have, right? I think that would be a good idea. A simple database query with the right filter on it could make that happen. Or you could do it like I do and make your own database to generate your own checklists.

Davem3 TF
11-26-2008, 11:29 PM
or you could join true achievements.com

i like the idea , but

A) it is already covered
B) this site rocks because of the forums, guides, and achievement lists .........

why mess with perfection??