PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion

Chilidog Chaos
11-27-2008, 06:28 AM
Alright so we have alot of new members this time of year and was scanning the boards today and noticed that there is alot of boosting threads outside of the achievement trading thread. So then I thought, how can this be cut down on? And then I thought, what if when someone signs up, there is an FAQ on boosting, where to, and where to go to set one up.

SO basically, there is a screen that pops up when you sign up that tells the rules of boosting and where to go to set on up.

C&C?

jorGe62990
11-27-2008, 06:56 AM
There is a boosting guide in the FAQ forum over here:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=51558

Most people understand the idea behind boosting and how it should be done, so I don't think a notification or pop-up would so much other than annoy them.

Chilidog Chaos
11-27-2008, 07:23 AM
I mean like when they first sign up they have a prompt pop up.

BulletMagnet Uk
11-27-2008, 12:28 PM
A good idea in essence, but the same could be said for any niggles that experienced users have regarding new members.

A popup for grammar, spelling, searching, boosting, achievement guides, check lists, quotes, spoiler tags... etc etc.
The list goes on and on.
Plus most people have popup blockers.

Perhaps a link to the FAQ forum in with the activation email would prove more usefull? This would allow the new members to easily find information on all aspects of x360a without the use of numerous popups.