PDA

View Full Version : easy way to get jump shot achievement!

porkchop547
11-28-2008, 06:05 AM
To do this go on blood harvest chapter 5
when you are at the end to contact the radio have 3 players go in the red barn
climb the ladder and turn around and walk on the planks
then the other person contact the radio and run where the others are
now this will happen 3/4 of the time
the hunter will attempt to jump on you from the ground
the hunter will then get glitch on the walk where you are at going up and down for as long as hes alive
then if you look down u can see where he will jump thru the planks aim were his head will be and shoot ive helped over 27 people with achievement
if you have any questions please contact me
gt: porkchop547 im not going to be doing this for long ill probly help people till the 30 of november 2008
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4acQAz4tCc

jobless sam
11-28-2008, 07:28 PM
can you help me with this achievement please

xXxMoose69xXx
11-29-2008, 12:40 AM
Need this one also. been trying like hell to get it and just can't seem to get it right. tried shot gun and machine gun. any help would be appreciated

muffinmastergw2
11-29-2008, 08:05 PM
i need this one also

GT: MuffinMasterGW

weBBa man
11-29-2008, 08:32 PM
hey can anybody make a video? i kno its hella annoying to help ppl pver constantly, but that would make it easier, anyways in the mean time, ima jump on the "i need help" train, so can anybody show me this glitch to and il do what i can to help with whatever cheeves anybody needs

muffinmastergw2
11-29-2008, 09:28 PM
just did it with porkchop. took about 20 minutes for 3 people to get it. i actually got it randomly by shooting when i was down, haha. it works though

Matt Jo
11-29-2008, 09:57 PM
a bit confuzed, cud someone make a video. i dont get it, for the person trying to get the achieve do they stay on the planks? but where do they shoot, does the hunter try to jump up on those wooden planks? if so where does he get stuck? sorry im jus a bit confuzed if someone cud clear it up or at least help me get it id greatly appreciate it

Seany Show
11-29-2008, 09:57 PM
Yeah a video of this would help, just showing where you have to set up in the barn and where we would expect the Hunter to go as would really like to get this achievement and would make it easier than having to be in the same room as you.

muffinmastergw2
11-30-2008, 12:02 AM
i believe porkchop is working on a video soon. you basically hide up on the wooden planks in the back of the barn. hardly anything can touch you there, and usually the hunter gets stuck along the back wall jumping up, so you just aim where his head reaches when he jumps.

Matt Jo
11-30-2008, 01:28 AM
hmm sounds easy but still a video would help, or if someone could join my game and just show me that'd be cool also

porkchop547
12-01-2008, 04:38 AM
sorry for those who want this achievement i wasnt on yesterday so tomorrow the 1st of december ill help

Also my capture card isnt working correctly so if any member for the x360a wants to hellp me make a video send a message to gt: porkchop547 also have msn

Matt Jo
12-02-2008, 01:15 AM
you dont need a capture card, just video tape it with a camera or phone and put it on youtube lol

Matt Jo
12-02-2008, 07:12 PM
can anyone explain this method to me a bit more in depth, I dont have Left 4 Dead right now, I lent it to a friend but im gettin it back soon so I wanna try it when I get it back

ryfry99
12-03-2008, 01:15 AM
I got mine by shooting a hunter going up a ladder

Matt Jo
12-03-2008, 09:15 PM
is a video up yet/can someone show me what to do plz

GTukC
12-03-2008, 09:21 PM
I couldn't get this to work, tried for a while but to no avail. I got it at the beginning of chapter 5 Blood Harvest, had it on expert to team kill the 2 AI then put it on easy. Then me and my mate cleared out the first little horde you get after you leave the train cart, and then a hunter always spawns. I just let him chase me back and forth pouncing towards me and I just shot him in the face and killed him after about 3 tries. Found it much easier doing it this way. Not saying this method doesn't work though, it just didn't work for me.

Matt Jo
12-09-2008, 01:49 AM
anyone have a video yet

Flik Nightshade
12-09-2008, 05:41 AM
I sure hope someone figures out an easier way to pull off this achievement because this one has been driving me nuts. lol

gt rep
12-09-2008, 06:12 AM
play blood harvest on expert ull be sure to get plenty hunters jumping ever where

Lazy_Penguin1989
12-09-2008, 06:31 AM
Well the weapon it self could be the factor in this as well i got mine easily with the Uzi since the shotgun acted strange like with the crOwned achievement you cant just aim right at its face you have to aim above are just below the head.

xxTopsyKretts
12-10-2008, 06:11 AM
Jump Shot was the very first achievement I got. My friend came over and brought L4D so I could try it out. I started my first playthrough on No Mercy and I was using an Uzi. About 5 mins into the game I just started to unload into a horde charging at us and "xxTopsyKretts killed a hunter" popped up, followed by the achievement. Needless to say, my friend was not happy because he's had the game longer and has been trying for it for a long time. :D

RxPhantom
12-10-2008, 02:03 PM
Here's how I got it.

1) Spot a Hunter walkin' around.
2) When you're sure it's gonna jump, just start shooting with an automatic weapon.

It really is that simple. It will take some repetition, but you'll get it if you keep trying.

The most important thing to remember is this: you don't have to kill the Hunter, you just need a head shot. If he still gets you on the ground, your achievement will unlock as soon as your teamates get him off you.

v_thorne
12-10-2008, 07:44 PM
Lol? What the fuck people. Use the search function.

The easiest way has already been posted before. Load up the No Mercy finale. Exit the saferoom, go halfway down the hall, turn back and go back into the saferoom. Close the door.

A hunter will come down and keep jumping at the door, his head will glitch through the door. Shoot.

I swear the more new people I see coming to this forum the more I realize a ton of you are suckers.

Matt Jo
12-10-2008, 10:41 PM

The easiest way has already been posted before. Load up the No Mercy finale. Exit the saferoom, go halfway down the hall, turn back and go back into the saferoom. Close the door.

A hunter will come down and keep jumping at the door, his head will glitch through the door. Shoot.

I swear the more new people I see coming to this forum the more I realize a ton of you are suckers.

really that works?

Flik Nightshade
12-10-2008, 11:02 PM

She got me. I am a sucker.

But really. I've tried that a couple times to no avail.

Matt Jo
12-10-2008, 11:08 PM
i dont get it, does the trick work or is she pulling our leg

Flik Nightshade
12-10-2008, 11:37 PM
i dont get it, does the trick work or is she pulling our leg

I take it back. After giving it one more go around I finally got it to unlock. Kill your AI team, run down the hall to agro the specials, and wait. His head does pop through but aiming directly for where I thought the head would be didn't help. I got it spinning my cross hair in a full circle motion firing wildly.

Try that and see how it works for you.

v_thorne
12-11-2008, 01:15 AM
Why would I make that up?
Like I said, use the search function.... it was posted. I think multiple times. Like everything else in this game thread.

Matt Jo
12-11-2008, 02:43 AM
it doesnt work. I tried it like five times and the Hunter only spawned once and it pounced on me and killed me.

TpYourHouse
12-11-2008, 08:19 AM
I got mine on the Dead Air Finale (Like I did most my other achieves) I head shotted a hunter while he jumped at me from across the map, he was pretty high up but I managed to get a shot of with the auto shotty and hit him in the face! I think its because I lowered his health a bit by meleeing him and pistol whipping him like I saw Zoey do in the trailer of the game. And in mid air I aimed above his head and pulled it off. I also did it on another account with the turret from Dead Air some how.

GODNOAHME
12-11-2008, 04:25 PM

I tried this last night and it works perfectly well but it took a little time to get the timing right. I tried all the automatic weapons and failed with all of them a couple times. I finally reasoned out that the fastest firing weapon would be the best to use so I took the machine gun. I also found it much easier to see the hunter by first jumping on the table that holds the molotov then ducking down which allows you to jump on the medkit cupboard. You then can move forward and look down on the hunter outside the safe room door. Move yourself around slightly to get a good view and then watch the hunter for a bit to see his pattern. You should see his head pop up above the bottom window frame of the door at some interval. Once that is established, fire away with your weapon at that location. If you kill him and don't get the achievement, wait it out and another will come and you can try again.

When I tried shooting the hunter through the door, I had trouble timing his head glitching through it and shooting him. I ended up killing him many times but not by headshot so no achievement. I am sure that likely works too but timing has to be just right.

With the above modification, I got him first try.

yesnt
12-11-2008, 04:25 PM
it doesnt work. I tried it like five times and the Hunter only spawned once and it pounced on me and killed me.

It pounced on you through the safe room door? I'm guessing you didn't do it properly.

MrT
12-11-2008, 07:56 PM
Yep I tried this method and it worked a treat, although my hunter didn't seem to like pouncing. He spent a lot of time just crawling around at the door and then every few minutes or so he'd make a jump so I just sat there aiming at the top of his jump and firing random shots until I hit him.

As for getting pounced, yes they *can* pounce through the door. I had one hunter at the door when a horde arrived, and I guess they somehow pushed him through the door as he pounced.

Matt Jo
12-12-2008, 01:33 AM
No I mean pounce as in out in the hallway he pounced me. I keep going out in the hallway though and no hunters ever spawn would someone mind either putting this method up on YouTube or joining my game and helping?
Thanks!

v_thorne
12-12-2008, 07:56 AM
Since people think I am lying about this method, I looked back through the posts trying to find where I first heard of this.

It's IN the Achievement Guide!
Lmfao.
Wow, I really don't know how you guys missed that one...

I'm just trying to make my point that the OP is full of BS and is in fact not the easiest method.

RxPhantom
12-12-2008, 12:30 PM
Perhaps you could do it without being snooty and condescending. Ya' hear that, Snooty McAngrypants? Do ya'?

GODNOAHME
12-12-2008, 04:50 PM
No I mean pounce as in out in the hallway he pounced me. I keep going out in the hallway though and no hunters ever spawn would someone mind either putting this method up on YouTube or joining my game and helping?
Thanks!

You have to first walk about 1/2 to 3/4 of the way down the hallway then return to the safe room and close the door. Usually a horde and boomer would come then eventually a hunter although I did get 4 smokers in a row. When the horde was dealt with, and any special infected killed, sometimes I would just open the door and creep up the stairs. This seemed to trigger a new horde or special. I didn't have to go out very far. Sometimes it seemed to be a few minutes with nothing happening. Be patient, they won't forget about you. I still crap my pants when I am alone and the specials are lurking about...

Go into options and turn Full Captions on...helps let you know what is coming before you hear it.

I can help if you message me.

v_thorne
12-12-2008, 06:50 PM
Perhaps you could do it without being snooty and condescending. Ya' hear that, Snooty McAngrypants? Do ya'?

Seeing as you have 5 posts here, I don't know if you realize how dumb people can be.
I don't mean to be snooty and condescending, but honestly. If people want this achievement so bad, isn't it just logical to look in the achievement guide?

Matt Jo
12-13-2008, 12:26 AM
ok ive finally got the method working, I get the Hunter to glitch through the door but I cant get the achieve. I go on the table with the moltovs and then jump onto the med kit box on the wall and look through the door and the hunters head pops up through the bottom window frame every so often and I alway shoot it and kill him but I dont get the achieve. its getting annoying!

Cyantre
12-13-2008, 12:52 AM
I've tried every method I've seen and nothing works. I just can't seem to unlock this achievement no matter what I try.

Flik Nightshade
12-13-2008, 03:17 AM
Just keep trying the door method. Shake it up a little bit. Try firing at the head / door in different manners / patterns. It really seemed like it was more about luck than anything. Just persist!

Matt Jo
12-13-2008, 04:32 AM
I've tried every method I've seen and nothing works. I just can't seem to unlock this achievement no matter what I try.

im with you on that. nothing works!!! when I try the door method I always end up killin the hunter but never gettin the achieve

Cyantre
12-13-2008, 04:48 AM
Can someone figure out something that does work with a higher success rate or at least post a video showing how to accomplish a certain method? This achievement is driving me bonkers. >_<

MrT
12-13-2008, 04:55 AM
ok ive finally got the method working, I get the Hunter to glitch through the door but I cant get the achieve. I go on the table with the moltovs and then jump onto the med kit box on the wall and look through the door and the hunters head pops up through the bottom window frame every so often and I alway shoot it and kill him but I dont get the achieve. its getting annoying!

He has to be jumping at you for the headshot to count. His head does glitch through the door a lot but if you kill him like that it won't count as he's not in the air, he's just crawling around outside the door.

Cyantre
12-13-2008, 06:21 AM
Holy crap I just got it! I stood a little bit back, right near the table by the door and just aimed near the middle of the door's opening (by the crossbar) and the Hunter just jumped into my mindless shooting.

Matt Jo
12-13-2008, 05:15 PM
still cant get it lol, neone wanna join my game and show me how to do that door trick, I get the Hunter to the door but can never get the achieve

Matt Jo
12-14-2008, 06:14 PM
plz will someone join my game and help me

porkchop547
01-02-2009, 05:08 AM
video will be up 1/2/08 at 500pm est time guys dont worry

DRCL
01-02-2009, 05:52 AM
video will be up 1/2/08 at 500pm est time guys dont worry

I'm sorry, but you're like a year late... :\

martdude16
01-02-2009, 01:20 PM
Post it anyway, I haven't got this yet. But i'll try that door thing.

Treewolf00
01-02-2009, 07:59 PM
I finally got it after trying every trick posted here for hours lol. The hunter got glitched and was just jumping up and down nonstop so i just got piss lucky and started shooting where he was jumping at. I was at the door on chapter 5 no mercy. Thanks for all the tips.

martdude16
01-02-2009, 08:17 PM
This is so frustrating! I tried that door thingy 10 times.... No luck.

I'll just play through the game as intended and hopefully will get it, i'll have to be lucky though.

Brigadier Badge
01-03-2009, 12:28 AM

Thanks A bunch got it now :locked

agentplatypus
01-03-2009, 04:45 AM
I can't get it using the door method, his head glitches through and i shoot it, but no achievement. Its cause hes not jumping, he just crawls.

KSizzle
01-03-2009, 07:03 AM

it def. works dude....

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=113033

porkchop547
01-04-2009, 05:34 AM
update video is now up finally

hardwarexpert
01-05-2009, 02:11 PM
Hi guys its my first post here and I would like to thank those who posted up the No Mercy chapter 5 safe room method.

The way I got it to work was to kill the AI teamates, run upstairs, along the hallway till you're around halfway, then lure a hunter.

Run all the way back to the saferoom and the hunter will follow and fuck about around outside the saferoom for a while.

Keep moving back and forth towards the saferoom door to make him pounce. Then just take a shot at eye level to where he is. The horde was also banging away at the door whilst the hunter was pouncing up and down so I just shot everything including the hunters head :woop:

Maximus 1482
12-24-2009, 03:11 PM
no mercy strategy worked like a charm. Thanks!

Tai2142
12-26-2009, 01:43 AM
Nice found man.

Horwitz
12-29-2009, 06:36 AM
Since people think I am lying about this method, I looked back through the posts trying to find where I first heard of this.

It's IN the Achievement Guide!
Lmfao.
Wow, I really don't know how you guys missed that one...

I'm just trying to make my point that the OP is full of BS and is in fact not the easiest method.

I will fully admit to being a sucker. You were 100% correct! Thank you so much for the advice, this helped out alot and saved me a big headache. People listen to v_thorne, she knows what she's talking about and this method will save you considerable time and energy towards getting this achievement. Again thank you.