PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Xen

Xenization
11-29-2008, 07:04 AM
Hello to everyone who will take the time to read this. My name is Ryan and my gamertag is Xenization. I'm 21 yrs old, and I spent the last year as a video game tester in Illinois. I've been coming to and from the site for a while now, but just earlier this month decided to sign up for the forums.

Just so you all know I worked on SR2, Frontlines, Destroy all Humans, and RFG. I've been going through those sections of the forums trying to give help where I can. Anyway I'm glad to be here amongst my fellow gamers.

Gumby™
11-29-2008, 07:10 AM
Welcome to the site, man!
Destroy All Humans was amazing. (:

PunksNotDead2k8
11-29-2008, 07:14 AM
Welcome to the site Xen..

MistersalJack
11-29-2008, 07:34 AM
awesome man game tester, how's that working out? and of course, WELCOME! ;)

Albinobass
11-29-2008, 10:28 AM
ya lucky you, congratz on your job. and Welcome to the site. and im sure you'll find a lot of people read these lol

LilMissRoxy
11-29-2008, 04:38 PM
Hey Ryan. Yes tell us more about your job. Most of us only dream of being in the industry. :p

Da CRU Mughhh
11-29-2008, 08:34 PM
Welcome Welcome, yea seems like you have a great job, Can you get my a job too:p lol jk i would love to hear more about it!! Hope you stick around here:p

Jaystar
11-29-2008, 08:39 PM
Wow man Welcome to the Site! I really hope you stick around!

spankyNspronkle
11-29-2008, 08:44 PM
Welcome to the Site!! Tell us a bit more about the job...

DarkApollo
11-29-2008, 10:11 PM
Welcome to the site Ryan. Your job sounds really awesome, lucky :)

Xenization
11-30-2008, 01:43 AM
Since the prevailing interest is in my job I will give up a little. I get payed to put video games through stress that a normal player wouldn't do. I work a ridiculously long and tentative schedule, but I get all the free soda I want. It's been the worst thing for my health that I can ever remember, but I have enjoyed every minute of it. No where else in the world have I personally encountered the physical gathering of gamers like myself. I came from a small town where video games weren't the big deal. I'm going to be leaving my job to go back to school to be a computer programmer (hopefully in the video game industry).

Before SR2 came out I worked 70+ hrs a week for almost 4 months I believe. Most of us can spend that much time playing games at home, but I had one video game and one small area to cover. In case anyone is wondering SR2 can be beaten completely in about 4 hours and 32 minutes. At least that's the record me and my co-op partner at work were able to do. You find real motivation to fly through a game when you are working at 3AM.

If you have any other questions or just a burning desire to find out more just send me a FR at Xenization, and I'll answer any questions that I can.