PDA

View Full Version : Versus Boosting Idea - Infected Achievs

willberry88
11-29-2008, 12:33 PM
So i think i've come up with an easy boosting solution.

You'll need five players. Start a party so you can all talk to each other (makes the boosting very easy)

Start up a Versus match, with the privacy set to 'Friends Only', and all join.
With Versus mode, it requires at least on player on each team (Survivors and Infected) so four players play as the Survivors and one as the Infected and start a game on Blood Harvest.

Now, because you are all in a NXE party, you can all talk to each other, so the Survivors move away from the spawn point and the Infected lets them know what type they are and you can get boost the achievments from there.
When all the survivors are killed, just vote to return to the lobby and rinse and repeat.

The reason i suggested Blood Harvest is that, in the event the Infected becomes a Tank, he can hit them off the edge of the cliff.

Now, as far as i'm aware, there arn't any computer controlled Special Infected, and with all four Survivors being human controlled, this should make getting some of the harder Infected achievments easier ( four kills with a Tank & puke on all four survivors). You can also use this method to down a Survivor who's been in and out of a safe room.

You could also boost some of the Survivor achieves too.

I haven't actually tried this, but in theory, I don't see why it wouldn't work.

InFaDeLiTy
11-29-2008, 01:14 PM
Your way behind buddy.
Boostings already been done, check achiev trading thread.

willberry88
11-29-2008, 01:51 PM
Your way behind buddy.
Boostings already been done, check achiev trading thread.

Heh, and there's me thinking i was being smart. Shoulda read the Trading thread i guess.
Ah well, my bad!

osea101
11-29-2008, 06:46 PM
LOL WOW. That isn't even an idea, it's a fact.

d1storted
11-29-2008, 06:57 PM
u can boost the multiplayer achievements yourself.

osea101
11-29-2008, 06:58 PM
No you can't. I tried starting a versus solo but you need at least 1 other player.

d1storted
11-29-2008, 07:23 PM
uh yes u can, splitscreen. thats how i got barf bag and lamb 2 slaughter