PDA

View Full Version : Pop Ups ! and Talking Banners !

aCzarX
11-29-2008, 05:54 PM
So yesterday i came to the site and Boom Pop Up Ad Sites , and annoying talking banners .

Is this a new and ongoing thing ?

And yes i understand we all need $$$$$ but this is just sad to see this site going down this road .....

IRONMAN
11-29-2008, 06:12 PM
I havent seen your troubles. But hey, help em out then and subscribe!

Kai2601
11-29-2008, 06:27 PM
This site is very "advertisment clear"
I mean,when you have see www.cheats.de (http://www.cheats.de) you see what i mean x___X
much sites here in germany are full of these -.-

Jaystar
11-29-2008, 06:32 PM
I haven't seen any of the stuff you Mentioned, I have seen a Pop Up at the Top of the page but that is nothing really.

Kai2601
11-29-2008, 06:42 PM
then click a little bit, its so horrible this site when i just want some game news o_O
but now i have these site and xboxfront.. ^^

Jaystar
11-29-2008, 07:05 PM
then click a little bit, its so horrible this site when i just want some game news o_O
but now i have these site and xboxfront.. ^^

I have only seen like 1 or 2 Ads that's it.

Kai2601
11-29-2008, 07:12 PM
or my pop-up blocker is down o_O
hmm ok, back to topic ^^

Jaystar
11-29-2008, 07:20 PM
or my pop-up blocker is down o_O
hmm ok, back to topic ^^

Where exactly are you getting these Pop Ups?

aCzarX
11-29-2008, 07:22 PM
I would like to hear from a mod if this is a new thing or mabey i have some spyware because im getting ALOT of popups starting yesterday from only this site .

Jaystar
11-29-2008, 07:23 PM
I would like to hear from a mod if this is a new thing or mabey i have some spyware because im getting ALOT of popups starting yesterday from only this site .

I think it's your Computer then mate, I haven't had any Pop Ups.

chrisnottm
11-29-2008, 09:56 PM
I saw a Tmobile pop OUT add if that's what you mean?
It hardly gets in the way, it has a transparent background and a clear 'X' to close it...

Seany Show
11-29-2008, 10:01 PM
There is no pop ups for me and my Norton is currently not on. Strange... The only adverts on the site are the standard ones at the side and top advertising games and other related stuff and that is only on the front page.

Daywalker-san
11-29-2008, 10:17 PM
http://adblockplus.org/en/

Very relevent. I see no ads on any page i go on. ever.

Jaystar
11-29-2008, 10:20 PM
Are you sure you haven't got it mixed up with the Ad's on top of the Page?

Slormer
11-29-2008, 10:24 PM
If you aren't using Firefox, do that. If you are, use SpyBot to get rid of your spyware, because you clearly have some.

Jaystar
11-29-2008, 10:27 PM
^Yeah I forgot that, when your using Internet Explorer you will get Pop Ups!

xX MaslaN Xx
11-29-2008, 10:42 PM
when your mouse goes over an ad it POPs up or starts talking, in others stop crying and keep your mouse off the ads

Nightdragon
11-30-2008, 12:52 AM
As most people have stated, we don't have any pop-up ads on this site, only bar advertisements across the top.

Some of them are rollover though, and will obviously create a pop-up if you click on them.

Try clearing your pc of spyware, because that brings up ads no matter what site you are on!

aCzarX
11-30-2008, 07:42 AM
It was indeed a spyware O.o (sneaky bastards)

Anyways sorry for the confusion !!! But oddly whatever spyware i had only seemed to create popups when i was at this site .

N3R0 X360a
11-30-2008, 08:21 AM
Only pop-up is at the top of the page.

Eternal
11-30-2008, 10:51 AM
The only ads I see are the ones at the top of the page, and they aren't that bad are they?

Falcongale
11-30-2008, 08:17 PM
Firefox 3 + Adblockplus+ for future reference. Kills every popup ever.

ShinobiSteve81
12-01-2008, 09:44 PM

I gotta say the same that it JUST started happening yesterday, only on this site when I visit it. I all of a sudden get sent to some page for some online stupidass game Travion, an never even see an ad for it on here. I wouldn't think spyware would target just one site out of the countless I visit a day, especially since I clean it up once a week.

RoutineX
12-01-2008, 09:56 PM
Hmm, strange. There should be no pop up/under ads on the site. I've checked all the current ads, and can't see any bad ones in the list.

If you still get them, please PM me the link the pop up takes you to.

drexel360
12-02-2008, 07:59 PM
I gotta say the same that it JUST started happening yesterday, only on this site when I visit it. I all of a sudden get sent to some page for some online stupidass game Travion, an never even see an ad for it on here. I wouldn't think spyware would target just one site out of the countless I visit a day, especially since I clean it up once a week.

The same thing was happening to me. And it only happens on this site.

I was worried someone hacked the site because not only did I get spyware, but my computer got a nasty virus. I just finished cleaning it up the other day and when I try to browse the site I was getting redirected like crazy. It seems to have calmed down a bit but it still happened twice.

I thought is was just me, but since this thread popped up I know thats not the case...plus I also thought it was weird that it was only on this site.

Hmm, strange. There should be no pop up/under ads on the site. I've checked all the current ads, and can't see any bad ones in the list.

If you still get them, please PM me the link the pop up takes you to.

If it happens again to me, I'll be sure to let you know what site it brings me to.

Joker0fLife
12-02-2008, 08:50 PM
That sucks, fortunate for me though that I have Mozilla and No-Script :) so nothing ever pops-up for me, that word takes me back to the days of IE....ugh it was sooo horrible.

Ortep
12-02-2008, 08:52 PM
So yesterday i came to the site and Boom Pop Up Ad Sites , and annoying talking banners .

Is this a new and ongoing thing ?

And yes i understand we all need $$$$$ but this is just sad to see this site going down this road .....

Oh my God. No Way...