PDA

View Full Version : EASY safety first

crazyashdll57
12-01-2008, 03:31 AM
this is extremely easy but it does take some skill. play no mercy on easy and just RUN through. i would advice not shooting unless the other suvivors are nowhere nere you. also im sure it would be a lot easier to do this with bots since they rarely shoot each other. if you have any questions just post or send me a message on live. gamertag is crazyashdll57

MTMag06
12-01-2008, 04:56 AM
If I may elaborate a little on your suggestion, playing any campaign on Easy with 4 bots, use the shotgun and run as far ahead as you can firing only at the few zombies directly in your path. Your AI teammates won't ever get far enough behind that a hunter/smoker can kill you, but you may get incapacitated. This will pass the game very quickly and as long as you are careful in the finale, you should get Safety First quite easily.

I'm pretty sure that's what you were saying just wanted to clarify a little.

caribou915
12-01-2008, 05:03 AM
I have made it through the entire no mercy on easy with 3 bots and made it to the end with no FF. I didnt get the achievement, and i even watched the credits to check FF and it said all 0s. So there was no FF and i didnt get my achievement. Does anyone know why??

willcrazyiii
12-01-2008, 05:08 AM
This game is often glitched. I've never gotten credit for beating Dead Air on Expert... just keep at it, you should probably get it sooner or later.

Jimm
12-01-2008, 09:27 AM
I believe there are certain requirements needed for it to count as a friendly fire 'incident' and does not necessarily mean there was not friendly fire. I also went through an entire campaign (we had 4 human characters that were with us from lobby through credits and didn't get the achievement with 0 0 0 0 as our number of incidents). Possible that you need to do a certain amount of 'damage' (which is normally 0 on easy) or could just be from a number of hits which then doesn't start counting again for a certain amount of time. I definitely shot close to 100 shots into someone's head during the finale on easy and the credits said I had 33 incidents. I'll double-check this eventually.

crazyashdll57
12-01-2008, 12:47 PM
remember the bots can still shoot each other. it's not very likely but possible. also since on easy friendly fire does no damage, it will allways say 0 0 0 0 for friendly fire. i had to play it 2 times before i got it so you might have a little trouble.

Jimm
12-01-2008, 01:32 PM
remember the bots can still shoot each other. it's not very likely but possible. also since on easy friendly fire does no damage, it will allways say 0 0 0 0 for friendly fire. i had to play it 2 times before i got it so you might have a little trouble.
I guess you're directing that at me? I already said that it was 4 human players.. so that means your bot idea is shot. As for the 0 0 0 0 always happening on Easy.. I already said that on easy I had 33 Friendly Fire incidents.. and that was just for chapter 5. Additionally, if the bots do shoot you.. it CAN show up in the credits.. it's just that, as I said, the stats seem to require something such as 'damage' or a number of hits for it to actually count.
And before someone replies about not being able to take damage on easy.. Damage can be counted by the game by say how much of a shotgun blast from a friend you take. The game can then register that the amount of health you lose is 0, so you don't actually have to get hurt to take 'damage'. In most cases if you do get hit by friendly fire, a small red arrow will appear and that will really be your only sign as to whether or not someone shot you.

crazyashdll57
12-01-2008, 09:11 PM
no it wasn't directed toward you...i was talking about caribou, he said it was glitched for him

Jimm
12-01-2008, 09:20 PM
no it wasn't directed toward you...i was talking about caribou, he said it was glitched for him
Ah. Well.. either way it seems like he, you, and I all had problems with it.. There must be some reason that we don't get it one time, but do get it another. I don't believe the "it's glitched" idea either.. because that would usually mean we can't get it at all. There's got to be some reason that it says no FF and we don't get the achievement. I almost want to ask Valve.. almost.

crazyashdll57
12-01-2008, 10:21 PM
lol after getting banned from fortress i will never deal with valve support again

soccerpro150
12-12-2008, 10:40 PM
Maby you just cant get the achievement on easy

LastbornSmudg3
12-12-2008, 10:54 PM
I don't think it counts as friendly fire, it never has said it, but melee does 0 damage. Also like i said i dont think it will count as friendly fire if you do happen to accidentily melee a teamate.

soccerpro150
12-12-2008, 10:56 PM
Meleeing a teamate does no damage to them so i dont think its friendly fire