PDA

View Full Version : What are achievements like?

Outline
12-01-2008, 11:27 AM
I'm quite behind in picking this game up, and was going to go buy it soon.

Simply wondering, what are the achievements like? I've seen the list and from what I can make out it looks fun but it'd be nice to get some feedback from players.

Are there any bloody annoying ones? How much can I expect to get just by playing the game - not hunting them down at all?

Lazy_Penguin1989
12-01-2008, 12:12 PM
Over half of them are easy and some you will get by accident(without knowing) and some like 4 are extremely annoying they will want you to pull your hair out of frusteration since valve kinda screwed up since these 4 you need luck and for like 2 or 3 out of 4 you need ALOT of luck since enemies spawns and special infected dont always spawn in the same pattern, but they are possible just really annoying, while one will take you a really long time if you dont grind.

Ones that are the beware 4 I was refering to - 1.Stomach Upset 2.Untouchables 3. Do Not Disturb Fourth and certainly the worst Nothing Special which you will need alot of luck to achieve but again its not impossible.

The Versus achievements which are doable and can be boosted and there are still alot of people who are new to it and you can certainly find people to help you boost if your in a rush.

While What are you trying to prove will cause you to get angry at expert alot since all campaigns can again because of the luck factor be not to hard to brutal.

But this game is awesome i say buy it and you will see for yourself you will be getting most if not all the achievements very quickly, I hope my info helped.

AeroJoe90
12-01-2008, 12:32 PM
I think the good thing about the achievement list is that they all "seem" to be achivable even if in reality they arent :rolleyes:

Kinky Mong
12-01-2008, 02:32 PM
You can easily get around 500 points just by playing the game normally without really aiming for any achievements, however there are some really difficult ones that rely a lot on getting a good team of people together. This isn't anywhere near as much of a headache as the GTA4 co-op achievement was (I just gave up on that after missing out on the Deal Breaker time by 4 seconds for about the 50th time) because the game has a great matchmaking system.

But really I don't care about the achievements in this game because just playing the game is rewarding enough.