PDA

View Full Version : Superior method for Untouchables

Galaxy Spear
12-01-2008, 04:09 PM
Use the death Toll campaign, all 4 of you stay on the docks with Assault rifles, in the house where you call for the rescue is 2 pipe bombs upstairs, these will come in handy on the hordes of zombies that come. Smokers come from the left by the big rock always, boomers are impossible to miss, hunters are the only threat because of their speed, and the tank, well with all four shooting assault rifles you can take him down before he even gets to you, just need to dodge any debris he throws. Then when the boat pulls in behind you jump aboard and away you go. I did this on my friends account so not done it on mine yet but it works and it is easy.

Jimm
12-01-2008, 04:35 PM
Sorry to take this out on you, but people keep arguing about the best way to get Untouchables.. and there really isn't one. I know of two methods on No Mercy, two on Death Toll, one on Dead Air, and two on Blood Harvest - all of them are doable. The simple fact of the matter is the easiest way to get the achievement is for you and 3 other people to get good at the game. Then you can choose almost any spot on the map to kill things as they come at you and just all fire at the tank when it attacks. After that it's usually toss a pipe bomb or two while you jump in the rescue vehicle.

The achievement is skill and luck. NOT level/area/weapon.. though using pistols and/or hunting rifles is probably not the best way to go. People really need to stop making new threads about this especially since the same suggestions are being said twice: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=107703

Galaxy Spear
12-01-2008, 04:55 PM
Sorry to take this out on you, but people keep arguing about the best way to get Untouchables.. and there really isn't one. I know of two methods on No Mercy, two on Death Toll, one on Dead Air, and two on Blood Harvest - all of them are doable. The simple fact of the matter is the easiest way to get the achievement is for you and 3 other people to get good at the game. Then you can choose almost any spot on the map to kill things as they come at you and just all fire at the tank when it attacks. After that it's usually toss a pipe bomb or two while you jump in the rescue vehicle.

The achievement is skill and luck. NOT level/area/weapon.. though using pistols and/or hunting rifles is probably not the best way to go. People really need to stop making new threads about this especially since the same suggestions are being said twice: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=107703

No need for luck using this method though, not even alot of skill. My mates are not that good at the game and we still managed to do it on the second attempt. I mean come on, the boat pulls in right behind you, nothing attacks you from behind, the zombies are pathetic useless because they cant surround you. Im sorry but im sticking to what i said, this is the best method posted here at present. Oh and this was my friends idea, im not arguing its the best way to do it for the sake of me getting praised.

Jimm
12-01-2008, 05:16 PM
Im sorry but im sticking to what i said, this is the best method posted here at present. Oh and this was my friends idea, im not arguing its the best way to do it for the sake of me getting praised.
Since your reply was to 'win' the argument by only arguing the last half of my post (which was NOT the main point), I guess I'll do the same with you. If it's the best method here, post it on the thread that already exists using it and don't start a new one with less information about what is needed. You need 3 other competent human players. The AI and/or people that are bad at the game will always find a way to screw it up.
Your argument is that it's the 'superior' way because you were able to do it. Not everyone is going to be able to do it that way. My friends and I did it on No Mercy in a very tiny room even though the tank only has to move 10 feet into the room to hit us. This is not a suggestion that's been stated yet, but you don't see me going around suggesting it's what everyone should use. The fact of the matter remains, it can be done anywhere.

Galaxy Spear
12-01-2008, 05:37 PM
Since your reply was to 'win' the argument by only arguing the last half of my post (which was NOT the main point), I guess I'll do the same with you. If it's the best method here, post it on the thread that already exists using it and don't start a new one with less information about what is needed. You need 3 other competent human players. The AI and/or people that are bad at the game will always find a way to screw it up.
Your argument is that it's the 'superior' way because you were able to do it. Not everyone is going to be able to do it that way. My friends and I did it on No Mercy in a very tiny room even though the tank only has to move 10 feet into the room to hit us. This is not a suggestion that's been stated yet, but you don't see me going around suggesting it's what everyone should use. The fact of the matter remains, it can be done anywhere.

Whatever dude, i wont argue no more about this, i just wanted to post to help people that may have trouble getting it, i mean this site is here for helping people am i right ? Why the hell are you telling me what i can and cannot post anyway ? Your not even a mod so lay off. If a mod thinks what ive posted is not needed then they will delete/lock it simple. So knock it off you wannabe, damn, you know what, im not even gonna bother posting useful game info here in the future, im sick of getting shit from trolls like you.

EDIT- Mod please delete thread. Thank you.

griphphin
12-01-2008, 05:42 PM
you both need to stop arguing cause when zombies really come chances are there wont be any docks to really fight off, and then you both will be running around with pistols on your own. Then, in about a week, you will encounter each other, and you will be like "Hi, my name is blah blah blah but my xbox gamertag is jimm." "You're jimm? my gamertag is galaxy spear!" "I hate you!" "I hate you too!" but then you will have to fight with each other to make it to the safe house in chicago, and soon, you will be best friends.

so stop crying.

Jimm
12-01-2008, 05:46 PM
you both need to stop arguing cause when zombies really come chances are there wont be any docks to really fight off, and then you both will be running around with pistols on your own. Then, in about a week, you will encounter each other, and you will be like "Hi, my name is blah blah blah but my xbox gamertag is jimm." "You're jimm? my gamertag is galaxy spear!" "I hate you!" "I hate you too!" but then you will have to fight with each other to make it to the safe house in chicago, and soon, you will be best friends.

so stop crying.
AHAHAHA. Epic. You, sir, win 1 Internets.

Galaxy Spear
12-01-2008, 05:48 PM
AHAHAHA. Epic. You, sir, win 1 Internets.

Even though i hate you i rofled at this. This thread needs to be locked now.

Jimm
12-01-2008, 05:55 PM
Why the hell are you telling me what i can and cannot post anyway ? Your not even a mod so lay off. If a mod thinks what ive posted is not needed then they will delete/lock it simple.
No, I'm not a mod, but the mods posted rules which I relayed to you. As far as being a 'troll' (not knowing what that actually means yet), there aren't any rules (that I know of) against that, so if anything, I AM a wannabe by trying to help them and the 'community' out on this forum because Left 4 Dead is one of my favorite games.

Jimm
12-01-2008, 05:56 PM
Even though i hate you i rofled at this. This thread needs to be locked now.
Lastly, I wasn't trying to get you to hate me.. like I said, it wasn't technically your fault that I was taking it out on you. I just got in a mood or something. I'd actually hope that we could resolve this rather than never talk again.
Edit: Looking at your pic on here.. if we can't resolve this, I'm going to have to change my pic to Cloud's face.

Suiken
12-01-2008, 10:14 PM
Sorry to take this out on you, but people keep arguing about the best way to get Untouchables.. and there really isn't one.

Who cares? He posted another way to do it. If you don't like it, fine. You don't have to agree, but attacking him for posting another method makes you look like an ass.

Jimm
12-01-2008, 10:23 PM
Who cares? He posted another way to do it. If you don't like it, fine. You don't have to agree, but attacking him for posting another method makes you look like an ass.
Wrong. He posted a same way to do it which you'd know if you clicked on the link at the end of my very first post. You're late on this anyway. This argument is over. This thread should be closed or at least locked. And he and I have already apologized to each other privately.

jobless sam
12-01-2008, 10:36 PM
its harder than it sounds

Jimm
12-01-2008, 10:43 PM
its harder than it sounds
It takes a lot of planning and getting used to, yes. But it's definitely possible.. My friends and I did it the second night we tried. Probably took a few hours of tries altogether though (even though the runs take around 10 minutes each).

GTL_Brandyn
12-02-2008, 03:08 AM
I know it has been posted but it is a great way.

None of the ways are bad they all work about the same I almost got it on blood harvest (closest) and on death toll with 3 ai (Francis or Louis manage to jump off dock trying to get on boat every time).

I can never get 3 friends on at a time and they always invite people who manage to friendly fire at us and engate the achievement.

InFaDeLiTy
12-02-2008, 03:35 AM
Depends on place,people,luck
I claim Dead Airs the best but thats my opinion.
You can get lucky sometimes, others you cannot.

clothes_addict
12-02-2008, 06:18 AM
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=107703

use the search button before making posts

Jimm
12-02-2008, 01:52 PM

Really? Read more than the first post. That link has already been posted (in the second post, in fact) and the discussion of 'the thread should be closed' is already over.

Galaxy Spear
12-02-2008, 03:13 PM

Well done, have a cookie.

http://tbn1.google.com/images?q=tbn:B68lBEoU1k2_8M:http://www.sallys-place.com/food/columns/zonis/Best_Cookie-20.jpg

Jimm
12-02-2008, 03:18 PM
Hey! No fair! I was here first! I totally deserve that cookie! :p lol

Steelhead
12-02-2008, 03:30 PM
Jimm's right, the method has been discussed before. Cool of you to try to help folks out though, GS. I've done the same thing. Every single time I find a new strategy and post it, it ends up being something that someone else had done a week prior http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h236/brettben1/Emoticons/laugh.gif So now I search like a madman before I start a thread.

Anyway, I think the strategy you posted IS a viable strategy, and it definitely can work. But I still believe that the "glitch rock" on boathouse finale takes the cake when it comes to untouchables. It makes it so easy that it almost feels like you're cheating...even though you're not doing anything shady http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h236/brettben1/Emoticons/laugh.gif

Galaxy Spear
12-02-2008, 05:43 PM
Jimm's right, the method has been discussed before. Cool of you to try to help folks out though, GS. I've done the same thing. Every single time I find a new strategy and post it, it ends up being something that someone else had done a week prior http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h236/brettben1/Emoticons/laugh.gif So now I search like a madman before I start a thread.

Anyway, I think the strategy you posted IS a viable strategy, and it definitely can work. But I still believe that the "glitch rock" on boathouse finale takes the cake when it comes to untouchables. It makes it so easy that it almost feels like you're cheating...even though you're not doing anything shady http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h236/brettben1/Emoticons/laugh.gif

Glitch rock ? explain please, or do you have a link to another thread maybe ? Cheers.

Steelhead
12-02-2008, 05:48 PM
Glitch rock ? explain please, or do you have a link to another thread maybe ? Cheers.
I briefly described it in post #50 and #59 in this thread...

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=107703&page=2

It's not really a glitch, well, sort of...but not one that you actually cause. Everything you do is legit. The rock is a 100% legit spot on the map but for some reason it causes 90% of the enemies and BOTH tanks to simply show up, then leave....disappear into thin air.

Here ya go...
It's the boathouse finale on Death Toll. It's kind of hard to describe the strategy, but I'll attempt to.

Rather than trying to hold down the pier or the house, go completely to the left side of the map (as you're looking at the house). There's a big rock in the water. Get all four players on that rock (one has to go make the radio call, then haul ass back to the rock). To avoid friendly fire, make sure you know which person is covering which area...and have people crouch if they're towards the front.

*Before making the radio call, take some time to make sure everyone knows where the rock is and how to get up on it (the jump can be a little touchy at first but it's really easy once you realize that you need to jump early. It's not high or anything..just a touchy jump).

There are very few zombies to kill using this method. Like the tanks, they spawn over by the house then seem to simply disappear. Once in a while you'll get a hunter, but not very often. Smokers always spawn in the same spot...over and over, so once you see where they spawn, just watch that spot. When the tanks show up, they simply disappear...once in a great while they will attack, but it's very rare. They come, then they leave. (make sure everyone's light is off. We're not sure that this is a factor, but it seems to be)

The split second that the second tank leaves (you can tell because the music will end and Zoe will say "the boat is here"), everyone hops off the rock and hauls ass directly towards the dock...through the water behind the house. It's good to save a pipe bomb (or two) for the run to the docks...that way if there are zombies there, you can lure them away.

The only real requirement to get it done is having four human players. The AI just won't cooperate with the strategy.

It will also be VERY useful on expert. We did it on advanced and took zero damage.

Om3n
12-02-2008, 05:52 PM
Am i too late to jump in this thread? NO MERCY IS EASIEST!!! Omg there i just posted another argument. Now go people! in b4 404.

clothes_addict
12-03-2008, 12:21 AM
Really? Read more than the first post. That link has already been posted (in the second post, in fact) and the discussion of 'the thread should be closed' is already over.

Cool, i answered on of your questions about nothing special in a different thread but i think ill go remove that information now jackass.

clothes_addict
12-03-2008, 12:24 AM

http://tbn1.google.com/images?q=tbn:B68lBEoU1k2_8M:http://www.sallys-place.com/food/columns/zonis/Best_Cookie-20.jpg

You're so cool it makes me smile :)