PDA

View Full Version : I give up !!

Suki
12-01-2008, 10:38 PM
I play a lot of games and finish most, i have 33% of this game complete but ive just had enough of it, its a great game, with great models , scenery , guns etc.. but whats killed it for me is the travelling to and from every mission i think 85% of the time in this game u r travelling to or from a mission and its always the same, drive to a mission u will come across guard posts where they fire on u, then a car or jeep chases u, and u have a firefight and then u always have to repair the engine and on u go repeat this 1000 times and u get the idea im sick of repairing the engine constantly, a great game imo but ive just become bored of the same travelling issues and sometime when u die on your travels u do it again and again, all missions are pretty samey as well, shame it looks so nice.

SuperNova X2X
12-01-2008, 10:46 PM
I honestly don't find this much of a problem. It feels more realistic when you do this becuase your in the middle of a civil war, so I would expect to get attacked quite often.

Exane22
12-01-2008, 11:07 PM
Im with Nova, though I have felt your frustration. Getting all the cases is an absolute pain in the ass. But if you want to cut down some of your travel time, try taking the bus. There are 5 stops in both the north and south. Ive found that a lot of the times its just easier to go to the nearest station and hop on a bus :)

As far as running into the guard depots, I suggest investing in the camo if you havent already. It can give you a couple second jump on any baddies you run into. With the camo, you can just jump in the turret on your Jeep and mow down all your enemies before they even see you ;)

Suki
12-01-2008, 11:43 PM
yeah i undserstand what your saying but over and over and over again is just tiresome for me, it just gets a little boring contantly fixing your engine and the respawning posts and the fact that u do seem to spend almost all of your time travelling from a to b, just not for me.

Ug the Mean
12-02-2008, 11:45 PM
Yeah it is frustrating although I tend to drive round guard-posts. In fact, avoiding the roads in a jeep (or using the bus) makes things a bit better - unless, of course, your car gets stuck on some random rock and you end up having to hike bloody miles!

andyatk
12-04-2008, 09:36 PM
I have the same problem too, ive just lost the will to play it anymore, its too repetitive. Just like assassins creed last year, the environments are beautiful but the repetitive gameplay is its downfall.

Milk
12-04-2008, 10:27 PM
I had no problem with the game. It got frustrating at points, but i beat it easily

the_b1ues
12-05-2008, 12:03 AM
I gave up after me cell towers glitched cant be arsed to play through again. I also no that i will never finish thie game as the online points are just whay to time consuming to even try to get

madhatter1
12-26-2008, 03:29 PM
I'm with Suki on this. The way it plays out is *always* the same with these guard posts. The fact that the guards respawn almost instantaneously adds to the annoyance. I got a camo suit, hoping things might change... but they haven't. It stills seems like I have a homing beacon in my butt... they always know where I am no matter how far away or how concealed I am.

martdude16
12-26-2008, 04:00 PM
I'm with Suki also, i'm only on 11% and I already find it annoying. Wish they added fast travel to certain locations.

aston158
12-27-2008, 12:10 AM
I agree, Good looking game that hit each nail in the wrong way

Daimakaimura
12-29-2008, 12:53 AM
Goddamn can't your sig be any bigger?

daninthemix
12-29-2008, 01:42 AM
I XBL messaged one of the developers and asked whether in the upcoming patch they would stop the respawning checkpoints, and I explained that I have no plans to play the game unless they do.

He didn't reply :(

The Bovine Moos
12-29-2008, 08:43 AM
I'm with Suki also, i'm only on 11% and I already find it annoying. Wish they added fast travel to certain locations.

Fast travel between Safe Houses would make this game less boring. The constant travelling is a drag :(.

And those damn Diamond crates are worse than the :uzi:Pigeons in GTA IV!!! Especially for a measly 10G!

I'm beginning to regret buying this game :(.

Strongbow
12-29-2008, 01:08 PM
I agree, Good looking game that hit each nail in the wrong way

Could you do us all a favor and make your sig smaller please.

MakoBallistic
01-01-2009, 12:27 PM
its a hell of a lot easier if u just drive along the train tracks or take a boat up the river, you hardly ever get attacked if u just never use the roads.

ThChronicSmoker
01-01-2009, 05:24 PM
a) there's nearly always a bus to and from your destination. if not it will be very close with a car at the bus depot for you.

b) buying quicker repair upgrades isn't expensive and, at 33%, you should hav at least bought the assault vehicle repair upgrade. if not, ???

c) the driving forces you to explore the beautiful world of far cry and the on-road chases are so easy to defend against, i just cannot agree with you at all.