PDA

View Full Version : 1000 Career Points Achievement Mini Guide - Lots of advice inside

Kronikx
12-02-2008, 01:14 AM
Hi guys. I've just finished my career mode and got the achievement, so if you're like I was and wondering how to get the 1000 career points, here's a few tips and guidelines to help you out along the way:

CAREER TIPS

If you WIN every minor/major/master/slam in a season you will earn 420 points.
~
If you become rank #1 in the world you will earn 200 points. This basically means all you need to do is win every tournament in 2 seasons, and become rank #1 in the world (which you will DEFINATELY be if you win every tournament). This gives you the oppertunity to simply train and earn all your gold stars within the first 3 years and then go hardcore and win everything in the final 2 seasons.
~
In season 3 May 15th you will have the choice of either entering a tournament or having a mystery match for some rich guys birthday - choose the mystery match. Your opponent will be your rival, and if you win you will gain tons of silver and gold stars which will be essential if you intend to win every tournament in season 4/5.
~
Train for the first 2 years but try and win as many minor tournament as you can, you wont stand much of a chance in majors at this point. Winning minor tournaments in the first 2 years will gain you stars and money for training.
~
You can NEVER lose career points, so if you reach 1000 before season 5, you can simulate everything and you will still get the achievement.
~
When playing in slams, if you win a tough game, exit & save then reload the game, this will save you alot of frustration if you lose the next game or have a power cut etc. If you are simulating and accidently lose and important game - go to the dashboard !
~
Simulating can seem very crap at times, you will be ranked #1 in the world and lose to somebody ranked quite low (even #100+) despite you being clearly the better player. The way I found to get around this was to enter the game, play maybe the first set (or just break the cpu once), and then after that try simulate the games and you will find you get a far better result from simulating the games. I think this may be something to do with momentum? But it sure worked for me (I only worked this out towards the end of my career!! Should be a good tip for you to try out though).
GAMEPLAY TIPS

Some players will serve very wide causing you to struggle to return the ball, and when you return it they will nail a shot that is unreachable. The way I countered this is by always standing at the half way point (between the middle to the side) and press Y for a lob shot, this gave me PLENTY of time to get in position and give myself an excellent chance of winning the point as it pretty much eliminated the CPU's advantage of serving and having me out of position.
~
Players like Moya & Hewitt are extremely fast and will get almost every ball, so training your power and precision is a very good idea to beat people like this as it tends to counter their speed and you eventually will make them slip up if you keep them under pressure (keep them running) (I had both power and precision on full gold stars)
~
I almost never dropped a game when it was my service - the way I did this was to first train my power and precision to a high stat (I had 5 gold stars on service if you're wondering), and then if I was serving from right to left (if i was on the bottom court it was right to left, if i was serving from the top it would be left to right) I would use X to serve very wide (try get it as close to MAX as possible), and then the CPU would struggle to reach it, i'd just get in the right position (you will learn where they return this serve since they do the same shot 90% of the time) and use a flat shot (A) with alot of power (aim away from the player obviously) and almost 100% of the time they wouldn't reach it.
~
If I was serving from right to left (at the bottom) or left to right (from the top) I would use a flat serve (A) out wide (if you use X it curls inwards) and then I would just do the same as above, try and hit a powerful flat shot away from the cpu. This one isn't as effective as the other, but you will still find it works most of the time.
~
Learn the advanced shots ! These are excellent if used correctly. The only advanced shot not worth getting in my opinion is the LT+A one. LT+X is easy to get during a match because it requires such little momentum yet it is is VERY effective as it can get you out of a sticky situation. If you find yourself being pushed wide on the run, USE THIS SHOT ! it will slow the game down and allow you to get back into position. As for LT+B, if you hit one of these on the volley it will almost always get you the point, even not on the volley if you put an angle on it (hold the left stick left or right for a while) it will provide you with an excellent shot which will win you the point ALOT of the time.
~
For a guideline if you wish, here are the stats of my created character:
~
Stamina: 2 Stars
Reflexes: 3 Stars
Focus: 0 Stars
Service: 5 stars
Speed: Maximum Stars
Forehand: Maximum Stars
Backhand: Maximum Stars
Volley: 0 Stars
Power: Maximum Stars
Precision: Maximum Stars
Spins: 0 Stars
Using my techniques my career panned out as follows:

Season 1: 40 (trained + won a few minors)
Season 2: 130 (trained + won alot of minors, maybe a major but not sure)
Season 3: 537 (became rank #1 + won every minor & a mixture of majors/masters/slams.)
Season 4: 420 (won every tournament)
Season 5: 89 (simulated everything)

Hope this helps some of you. :)

blueberrypete
12-07-2008, 05:43 PM
Great guide. I'm having terrible problems even beating the first grand slam.

You actually get the billionaire birthday as soon as you get all 60 bronze stars

You meet your rival when you're rank 25 or better.

And you can actually get 1000 career points in season 2, although you have to be incredibly skilled.

Also, you neglected to mention that your character has 10 speed.

Kronikx
12-07-2008, 09:32 PM
Thanks. :)

You sure about the billionaire birthday being after all bronze stars ? I read elsewhere that you got it on may the 15th in third season, and that was the exact same date that I got it too ... strange.

Getting 1000 by season 2 would be worth 1000 gamer points, I take my hat off to anyone that can do it ... !

I forgot about my speed ! I'll edit my post. ;)

blueberrypete
12-08-2008, 02:26 AM
I've always gotten the billionaire birthday early in my second season. I usually train until I hit level 5, that way I maximize the number of stars I get.

I had to restart my character 3 times. It's critical to have reflex above 3 stars, otherwise your matches are ridiculously hard.

If you're insanely good, you could get by with 0 stars in stamina. Although 2 is probably more than enough if you are playing a female (all matches are best out of 3 for female). And maybe 4 or 5 max for a male (big matches are best of out 5 for males).

Also, the ball flies alot slower for female matches... this makes returning the serves alot easier! If you want to get the 1000 achievement asap, you should ABSOLUTELY pick a female character.

Deveneyl
01-02-2009, 10:06 PM
Quality guide mate! Im doing a career at the moment on Top Spin 2 and i have just finished the 4th season of five, and i have 661 career points. i WAS going to sim the final season and start again as i thought i wasn't able to get enough points in the last season, but i know i can win all tournaments in this year so according to your guide i can make 1000 :woop::)! I shall get to work, thanks again for a top post.

RED23X
02-03-2009, 03:45 PM
i am past the may 15 in 3rd season but only have like 53 stars as i have been playing tourneys.so i presume i have to get 60 stars.i did get up to rank 6 in the world in season 2 but didnt have many stars so i missed a lot of tourneys to get stars.

RED23X
02-05-2009, 09:33 PM
YEAH it was after 60 stars.anyway BIG props for the guide,really helped on way to 1000

M a r K
02-22-2009, 06:28 PM
I finished with 957 pionts. Now i got to do it all over again just to win 1 grand slam more... Grrrrrrr

Lougie
03-05-2009, 07:32 AM
I am on Season 2 and already have 1362 points rank #3 but does it matter if your points are in the regular rankings or does it have to be the RACE World rankings?

Lougie
03-05-2009, 07:35 AM
Oh yeah also a good tip for people... You get a point every winning shot so if you get to deuce against an easy opponent in a minor tourney or something just score a point then let her score then just keep doing that pretty simple really i got over 200 points in a single game!

Lougie
03-14-2009, 09:51 PM
Haha i have realised now what the career points are now nevermind i shall use this guide and keep track thanks a bunch.

Berserker337
03-16-2009, 04:11 AM
So if I have 36 points at the end of Season 1, & 400 at the end of Season 2, I will have 436 points total at the end of Season 2?

Tsaako
03-26-2009, 01:40 AM
Thanks for the tips. Going to update everything here.

Season 1 - 49 points.

Won a few minors, 3 majors and trained.

Season 2 - 574 points (suprised at how high that is)

Alot of mixed tournaments, ended up with rank 2 at end of season, maxed out char with all 60 GOLD stars. Once i finish the career i will post a detailed guide on how to max your char in a season and a half.

Season 3 - 780

Became rank 1 in march, decided to sim rest of season, dont know why, curiosity got the better of me. Still got 2 seasons left anyways. :p *kicks himself in the nuts*

Season 4 - 918

Won the Australian Open, won all minors and majors (they were simmed) going to do the exact same in season 5, i hope i just dont regret doing this because once season 5 is done with i aint playing this game again, i hate it. -.-

Season 5 - EXACTLY 1000

Just simming the rest of the season as i really really hate this game, hoping to get 1000 points if i dont i'm never going to play the game again and im going to brake the disc untill it feels my pain.

You have no idea how much of a relief it was to see 1000. PHEW!

Anyways heres a recap.

Tournaments Played - 69
Tournaments Won - 45
Best Ranking - 1st
Longest Time Ranked First - 12 weeks
Races Won - 0 (no idea what that is)
Training completed - 100%
Coin Earned - 17, 027, 000
Career Points Season 1 - 49
Career Points Season 2 - 525
Career Points Season 3 - 206
Career Points Season 4 - 138
Career Points Season 5 - 82

Look below 2 posts down to find how to get full gold stars in a season and a half.

scourge
03-30-2009, 03:36 AM
just finished this one with 1002 career points.

almost screwed up by skipping the entire 5th season

BTMX Skp2TheEnd
04-02-2009, 12:40 PM
I know you cant see your career points progress at any time, but can you see your current total of career points at the end of every season?

Edit: Nevermind, ive done this now.

david10985
07-08-2009, 06:04 AM
Playing as a woman
1st season 13 trained a lot and won a few minors
2nd season 36 trained and won some minors
3rd season 568 trained early and played in the may 15th event and won a lot
4th season 371 won all except losing in finals of 2 slams
5th season 276 won french and wimbledon and others

Total 1264

Earned $21,443,000, 47 weeks #1, races won 3, tournaments won 45 played 52

david10985
07-13-2009, 05:37 AM
finished game except for the 3 online achievements

Paulfei
07-13-2009, 10:13 AM
Can I do this without winning slams. I keep coming up against the same person who I just cannot break whatever I try....sometimes I lose something like 16-14 games in the final set tie break. I always face him in the quarter finals, and always lose. I have no problem against him in the first set or other tournaments. I have beaten him in the masters but cannot beat him in the slams. It means Im not winning any slams.

Ive just done Wimbledon 3rd season and lost to him again. Ive met him in this round every slam.

tremberz
07-16-2009, 07:35 PM
Can I do this without winning slams. I keep coming up against the same person who I just cannot break whatever I try....sometimes I lose something like 16-14 games in the final set tie break. I always face him in the quarter finals, and always lose. I have no problem against him in the first set or other tournaments. I have beaten him in the masters but cannot beat him in the slams. It means Im not winning any slams.

Ive just done Wimbledon 3rd season and lost to him again. Ive met him in this round every slam.

I am experiencing the same thing... I have only won one slam (I got lucky) and I am half way through my fourth season. I am rank 1 so I'm not doing badly. I think if you win the majority of major, masters and minor tournaments it shouldn't be a problem. I think if you beat a few opponents in the slams it should be ok. I will let you know when I finish the career (thats if I finish it before you).

tremberz
07-16-2009, 11:57 PM
I can confirm that not winning in slams will gain you the achievement. I only won in one slam throughout my whole career and got the 1000 career points tonite. What people shouldn't do is the special events (except the birthday match as that gets you the gold stars) because the special events don't gain you points. The best thing to do is just make sure you win every major, minor and master. Winning two and maybe three games in a slam also gains points too. I would warn people not to get too complacent though, at the end of the 4th season I had 960 points so I decided to simulate many weeks and simulate rounds in tournaments. I ended the career with 1086 points, which was pretty close. If you end season 4 with over 900 points I would advise you to win every minor/major and master tournament as well as coming as far as possible in slams because at the end of the day you don't want to be doing the whole career again...

simon0706
07-24-2009, 09:21 AM
i simmed everything in season 5 and got 10 points =( wtf!!

Joe x360a
12-21-2009, 11:21 AM
i simmed everything in season 5 and got 10 points =( wtf!!

Yeah, my brother simmed and went waaaay down in points, are you sure you can't lose points? He was at 1200 and started simming, looked back and had close to 500..

lxl Jeff lxl
04-18-2010, 09:03 AM
Total Slams Masters Majors Minors
63 12 12 19 20 played
58 7 12 19 20 won
1 finals

career points-1312

career points 1312

dougtaylor625
07-10-2010, 06:28 AM
I have tried the 1000 Career Points achievement 4 times, increasing in score, but still it is a painful achievement. I am about to attempt a 5th attempt and I will use your mini guide. I hope it pays off and I will be deeply gracious for posting such a guide! :woop:

wgpfly
07-30-2011, 08:03 AM
I know this thread is wayy old but D I have a chance at this after ending my 3rd season with 366 Career Points? I am #2 and 400 points back of Sharapova for #1 So i think i can get that at the end of this season or next. But I am curious if there is some hope for me.

rekikire
07-30-2011, 08:23 AM
I know this thread is wayy old but D I have a chance at this after ending my 3rd season with 366 Career Points? I am #2 and 400 points back of Sharapova for #1 So i think i can get that at the end of this season or next. But I am curious if there is some hope for me.

You should be fine, but you're pretty much going to need to win every single tournament in season 4 and 5.

wgpfly
07-31-2011, 12:43 AM
You should be fine, but you're pretty much going to need to win every single tournament in season 4 and 5.

I figured as much. Does it matter if I simulate the games or should I play all of them out? I've been simming the games playing the ones I need to.

rekikire
07-31-2011, 01:02 AM
I figured as much. Does it matter if I simulate the games or should I play all of them out? I've been simming the games playing the ones I need to.

You can sim as long as you win the tournament. I'd normally sim all the minors and most of the majors, then normally up to the second or third round of the masters/slams.

wgpfly
08-01-2011, 08:05 AM
You can sim as long as you win the tournament. I'd normally sim all the minors and most of the majors, then normally up to the second or third round of the masters/slams.

Yeah heres what I finished at. Simmed mostly everything

Season 1 25
Season 2 185
Season 3 366
Season 4 730
Season 5 1091

Won everything in season 5 but the Aussie Open

The Cripplers
08-03-2011, 08:14 AM
Did I just get screwed?

First season - 46 points
2nd - 164 (all minors, majors and 1 master win
3rd season - 442 (all minors, majors, masters and 2 slam finals plus made it to rank #1. I read that getting to #1 gets your 200 points, so then I only earned 80 points for all the minors and majors and masters wins?

I really, really hate this game.

rekikire
08-03-2011, 08:57 AM
Did I just get screwed?

First season - 46 points
2nd - 164 (all minors, majors and 1 master win
3rd season - 442 (all minors, majors, masters and 2 slam finals plus made it to rank #1. I read that getting to #1 gets your 200 points, so then I only earned 80 points for all the minors and majors and masters wins?

I really, really hate this game.

You should be fine, just win everything in the last two years to be sure.

The Cripplers
08-04-2011, 01:56 AM
You should be fine, just win everything in the last two years to be sure.

I might as well quit then since I just lost in the semi's for the Australian Open. I can't win in Slams at all. The other players are too fast. I was hoping I could get enough points to do it without Slams, but since it seemed to glitch I guess I'm screwed. I hate this game too much to try again.

rekikire
08-04-2011, 05:14 AM
I might as well quit then since I just lost in the semi's for the Australian Open. I can't win in Slams at all. The other players are too fast. I was hoping I could get enough points to do it without Slams, but since it seemed to glitch I guess I'm screwed. I hate this game too much to try again.

Save your game before the match, if you lose, quit and reload, keep going until you win. When you win, save, go to the next match. I've done that for the big tournaments.

The Cripplers
08-04-2011, 06:23 AM
Save your game before the match, if you lose, quit and reload, keep going until you win. When you win, save, go to the next match. I've done that for the big tournaments.

I've definitely been doing that. There's about 3 or 4 people that keep beating me. Those with 8 or more gold stars in speed and with high precision including my damn rival who is maxed out in speed, power and precision. If only I could avoid them, but they not only show up in every master/slam, but always in my brackets no matter how many times I restart. I have no idea why the top 4 ranked players on the left side whereas the right side gets no one in the top 8. Weird game.

rekikire
08-04-2011, 07:01 AM
How have you built your character? What are your stars like.

The Cripplers
08-04-2011, 08:01 AM
I've finally beat one of my foes. Sugiyama. She beat me about 5 times before this Masters final. I just entered a major tournament and found Sharapova in it ranked 62nd. I guess she's struggling more than me. :)

I have max stars in speed, power, precision, forehand, backhand.
4 stars in reflex and serve
2 in stamina.

Tomorrow I take on the French Open. Hopefully I can win my first slam.

The Cripplers
08-05-2011, 11:38 PM
I finished season 4 with 815 points so I thought I had a good chance, but now my rival has became insane. She has 88 stars and is ranked 2nd in the world so I have to face her in the quarter finals everytime. I have lost 24 games in a row to her. She has max speed and max power and precision.

Minty
08-05-2011, 11:41 PM
I finished season 4 with 815 points so I thought I had a good chance, but now my rival has became insane. She has 88 stars and is ranked 2nd in the world so I have to face her in the quarter finals everytime. I have lost 24 games in a row to her. She has max speed and max power and precision.

When you're out of position, use the slice (X) shot. Buys you more time to get back into a position where you can go on the attack.

The Cripplers
08-06-2011, 03:22 AM
Yeah, X is helpful. I find Y useless except when they charge the net. Lobbing against the serve always killed me. I then started to use the slice to return serves and it helped a lot IMO.

Finally beat my rival. I swear she was a lot slower that time than usual. Actually often the difficulty changes all over it seems.

5th season, won 1 slam, 2 masters up to the French Open. Simmed the rest and end up with 1053 points. Now to get the multiplayer achievements out of the way.

mak3 a mark
09-05-2011, 01:24 PM
excellent mini guide working on this now will let you know how i get on

thirtyninesteps
05-25-2012, 01:07 AM
Just finish this myself. If you can handle the training events, I would highly recommend you try completing them successfully. I managed to get all my bronze stars by the middle of season 2 and won the billionaire's challenge against my rival too. I also started competing and winning the master tournaments at this time which I think really helped.

For stats, I maxed out my speed, forehand, backhand, power, & precision. I then put 5 stars on reflexes, 3 stars on service, and 2 on stamina (although looking back, I'd probably be able to get by w/ just 1).

I only won 2 slams but made the finals 4 other times. Here's how my career points broke down:

Season 1: 45
Season 2: 486
Season 3: 840
Season 4: 1,165
Season 5: 1,179

I skipped all of season 5 by pressing the start button and lost the final match to my rival, obviously I was burnt out at that time. So long story short, that's how I completed the career mode for anybody who's curious.

Gottle
08-16-2012, 08:56 PM
Ok guys, I mainly trained myself for the first 2 years (doing a couple of minor tournaments just to earn some money to buy trainings).
At the end of season 2 I had 59 points (in total).
In my 3rd Year I finished my training, and I did a lot of tournaments, reaching #1.
At the end of my 3rd season I had 941pts.
So, did I earned 882pts in one season, skipping a couple of tournaments?! How comes?! Now I need to score 60pts in 2 years, right?! Sounds Easy enough...

EDIT:
I've entirely simulated my 4th season, and skipped my 5th. Achievement unlocked!
So basically, i've just played 5/6 of one single season...

POINTS EARNED IN EACH SEASON
1st season: 34
2nd season: 25
3rd season: 882 (the only season I've really played, and not even entirely)
4th season: 187 (100% simulated)
5th season: 6 (100% skipped)

In my 3rd season i've played some special events, like the one for having a school entitled to you, the millionaire invite, the match vs the male ranked #1, and the one vs the female ranked #1; probably these events helped a lot!

As a sidenote, i've never used risk nor advanced shots (RT+A/X/B/Y - LT+A/X/B/Y)

EnemyBritBomber
11-10-2012, 01:31 AM
1017 points at the end of season 3... Beginning the simming, can not say how glad I will be to have this 100%

Took me a played out time of a year coming to and from this game (not a good idea, lose the feel for it) but sort of followed the OP guide except i remember winning all majors earlier (using the save and quit method)..

AWC GOTTI
02-06-2013, 01:44 AM
The points based off the world ranking or race?? Please help.

Mr Corda
02-17-2013, 10:06 PM
The points based off the world ranking or race?? Please help.
I need to know the answer to this question too