PDA

View Full Version : A way to easily get 9 achievments (For those struggling...)

joe.grayii
12-02-2008, 03:23 AM
Here is a way for some of the new guys having a hard time trying to get 9 easy achievements in anywhere from 1-2 hours or less.

I start a single player campaign on Expert in the No Mercy: Rooftop Finale. When it starts, pick up the auto shotty and blast your teammates to death. Change difficulty to easy. Open then close the door. Then you can do a couple of different things...

1.)You can wait for the zombies to attack, happens every 2-5 mins (varies) and there are usually 30 zombies per wave. You can aim slightly above their arms and blast away with whatever weapon you want. Easy "Brainsalad" achievement.

2.) This is a place where you can be safe a gather a huge group of zombies which will "help" you get the "Zombie Genocidest" (NOT ONE OF THE NINE), "101 Cremations" and "Pyrotechnician".

3.) From time to time you can get a boomer to come down the stairs and throw up on you. Stand there, clean up the zombies that show up and voila, "Blind Luck" achievement. You can also get the "Clean Kill" achievement as well.

4.)You can get the Jump Shot achievement by allowing a hunter to come, and slowly shoot any weapon at the Exit sign on the door. (Where his head shows up through the door.) You should also be able get the "Dead Stop" achievement by meleeing instead of shooting. (TRICKY BUT CAN BE DONE)

5.) My last suggestion is (REMEMBER TO CHANGE DIFF. TO EASY)run up the stairs, down the hall to the open elevator shaft. A tank will spawn there "regularly". Turn around and run back to the safe room and close the door behind you, leaving the tank outside the room. Now you can throw a molotov and get the "Towering Inferno" achievement, then finish him off getting both the "Tankbusters" (If you didn't get hurt by the tank that is.) and "Man vs. Tank" achievements.

So there you go. Easy 9 achievements in as little as 1-2 hours depending on how you want to do it.

I accept this information as trustworthy to the best of my knowledge. However, some of the achievments are nuttier than squirrel tirds, so best of luck. If you need any help, don't hesitate to ask. Use common sense and you shouldn't have any problems. Thanks guys.

NOTE: Forget to change it to easy when attempting the tank achieves? He might very well knock the damn door off it hinges. It goes something like this, TANK + YOU + ENCLOSED ROOM=DEATH. Happened to me, don't forget or it will happen to you.

Added "Clean Kill" to list as well. Thanks to interli. Now 10 easy achievements.

interli
12-02-2008, 03:36 AM
Good.
With 3rd point, maybe you can also get Clean Kill.

Sprinkles72
12-04-2008, 01:12 PM
Thanks alot for the tips on man vs tank ( i have already got the first 2) i havent tried it yet but i think by the looks of it you have a pretty flawless plan and i will try it as soon as i get on (Y)

Synyst3rG8ts
12-04-2008, 07:07 PM
very good post my friend.. i have all those achievemebts but the tank ones thanks ;)

bolllopoxed
12-05-2008, 01:00 AM
Yeah I can't get the tank to spawn at the elevator. Anyone else got it to spawn there?

joe.grayii
12-05-2008, 01:49 AM
Sometime it takes forever to spawn. Usually it will do it at least 1 out of every 5 times. So if it's being dumb, just restart and hopefully it will make him respawn. Sometimes if you just roll through as fast as you can, he'll spawn in the room. Othertimes, as you go through the vent, he'll spawn in the elevator shaft and come down to get you. Hopefully this helps. Best of luck!

bolllopoxed
12-05-2008, 02:30 PM
yeah tried this again and got the tank to spawn on about the 4th attempt. So I'm running back to the safe room and reach it and close the door with the tank in hot pursuit. So all's well and then to my astonishment the tank smashes down the door and I' m trapped. And yes I was on easy. Needless to say the tank killed me. Tried a few more times but couldn'd get the tank to spawn again.

ferrara316
12-05-2008, 03:46 PM
great strategy, i got jump shot this way. that was the most annoying achievement

jobless sam
12-05-2008, 04:47 PM
got these achs already but still good tips

Heartbeat
12-05-2008, 05:44 PM
Alright, this is what I found. If you don't get the tank on the first try make sure when you start the level again the difficulty is ALREADY set to Expert. This makes the tank spawn almost every time. At least for me it did. And yes the tank will also almost always knock the door down. Once again, at least for me it did.

Edit: Alright, so after almost 2 days of trying that method I found a better method for getting Man Versus Tank.
Go to the Dead Air Finale I did it on easy, once you clear out the zombies initially before you start fuelling his plane, talk on the radio to initiate part 1 of the 2 part sequence, then head over to the other side of the plane relative to the fuel tanker. Just under the wing if you're critical about details. This'll set your AI into a better position since they follow you only when there are no zombies in the immediate area. Once they're in position run, hit the tanker switch then get back under the wing. On easy the hordes are no problem. when the tank rolls up at the 1/2 way mark some times he'll get stuck on the other side of the plane and if your guys are close to the plane they wont shoot him cause they don't duck down. All you have to do is crouch, then lay into him. Some times he figures it out and manages to run around the plane. Just remember if you kill the first one there's a second one that comes at the 3/4 mark

bolllopoxed
12-05-2008, 06:08 PM
I thought that on easy you would be safe from the tank in the safe room. That's from what the original poster said. Anyway shall give it another go and get the bugger lit on fire quick. Doing this method did get me the hunter head shot achieve though as hunters are often spawning.

Brkenintntionz
12-05-2008, 08:36 PM
If you get frustrated just play normally and you will get achievements without even thinking of specific ones. That's how I got my first 20 achievements....not even knowing what the hell I did.

bolllopoxed
12-05-2008, 10:49 PM
Yeah got the Man v Tank here. He still knocked down the door after I set him on fire and just as I was dying he died and the achievement popped in the nick of time. I also got the Witch Head shot one here by letting her follow me up the ladder and then shooting her in the head before she could reach the top. Worked a treat.

Brkenintntionz
12-06-2008, 04:09 AM
Yeah got the Man v Tank here. He still knocked down the door after I set him on fire and just as I was dying he died and the achievement popped in the nick of time. I also got the Witch Head shot one here by letting her follow me up the ladder and then shooting her in the head before she could reach the top. Worked a treat.

Best way for me to get Crowned was to play with four friends. Have them wait...make sure you have a shotgun. Turn off your flashlight and slowly creep up to the witch, she will slowly get up. Once you have a clear shot take it. I missed my first shot but got her right in the face with my second shot.

OMGLOL1111
12-07-2008, 01:26 AM
Jump Shot not working for me.

Do you get real close to the door or far? do you shoot directly at the sign? Any timing issue??

joe.grayii
12-07-2008, 04:50 PM
Sorry about the mis-information. I've personally never had the tank knock down the door on me on Easy. That sucks...If your still having trouble use a molotov on him, then run to the safe room. I can't think of why he can still knock the door down.

For jump shot, I sat back by the table with the pipebombs and molotovs on it and just slowly shot where his head would be. No real timing, just dumb luck. I eventually got it on my second try. Thanks guys

impatientiain
12-07-2008, 11:07 PM
this method worked for me on the jump shot achievement and for me the tank busted down the door on easy every time i got him to spawn,but i am still trying this method thanks

Jimm
12-08-2008, 12:03 AM
I can't think of why he can still knock the door down.
I'm not sure if it's difficulty or what, but sometimes standing in front of the door prevents the tank from opening the door. If he throws a rock at it though.. you're screwed.

interli
12-08-2008, 03:58 AM
I still cann't get Jump Shot. I killed many hunters by shooting on the Exit sign. And I also tried to stand on a barrel so that i can see the hunter's face to shoot, but still didn't work for me.
I am wondering, if the hunter kept attacking outside the safe door counted as leaping or jumping?

jobless sam
12-08-2008, 09:36 PM
ATTENTION!!!!!!!!!

Visit this site for ways to get all the hard achievements in less than 5 mins
i haven't tried this myself but loads of people have said it works
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genme...topic=46988321 (http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=937407&topic=46988321)

OMGLOL1111
12-09-2008, 12:16 AM
I still cann't get Jump Shot. I killed many hunters by shooting on the Exit sign. And I also tried to stand on a barrel so that i can see the hunter's face to shoot, but still didn't work for me.
I am wondering, if the hunter kept attacking outside the safe door counted as leaping or jumping?

same thing here, still failing

any more tips?

GTukC
12-09-2008, 08:52 AM
I found the best way to get jump shot was on Blood Harvest finale, as soon as you leave the safe room there will be a few zombies, take them out and head up towards the few train carriages. A hunter should then spawn, what I did was just run back towards the safe room and he would just be continually jumping towards me allowing me to take loads of shots at his head. I tried this for around 3/4 tries and got it. The safe room tactic didn't work for me neither did the option mentioned for the barn trick or whatever it was.

interli
12-10-2008, 09:29 AM
I found the best way to get jump shot was on Blood Harvest finale, as soon as you leave the safe room there will be a few zombies, take them out and head up towards the few train carriages. A hunter should then spawn, what I did was just run back towards the safe room and he would just be continually jumping towards me allowing me to take loads of shots at his head. I tried this for around 3/4 tries and got it. The safe room tactic didn't work for me neither did the option mentioned for the barn trick or whatever it was.

I think it's a really good place to get Jump Shot, though I still didnt get it. No mercy finale and Blood Harvest finale are very similar. Smoker, Boomer, Hunter and zombies spawn continually. You can run back towards the safe room in the corridor in No Mercy or on the rail in Blood Harvest.

bubsey
12-17-2008, 07:42 PM
Here is a way for some of the new guys having a hard time trying to get 9 easy achievements in anywhere from 1-2 hours or less.

I start a single player campaign on Expert in the No Mercy: Rooftop Finale. When it starts, pick up the auto shotty and blast your teammates to death. Change difficulty to easy. Open then close the door. Then you can do a couple of different things...

1.)You can wait for the zombies to attack, happens every 2-5 mins (varies) and there are usually 30 zombies per wave. You can aim slightly above their arms and blast away with whatever weapon you want. Easy "Brainsalad" achievement.

2.) This is a place where you can be safe a gather a huge group of zombies which will "help" you get the "Zombie Genocidest" (NOT ONE OF THE NINE), "101 Cremations" and "Pyrotechnician".

3.) From time to time you can get a boomer to come down the stairs and throw up on you. Stand there, clean up the zombies that show up and voila, "Blind Luck" achievement. You can also get the "Clean Kill" achievement as well.

4.)You can get the Jump Shot achievement by allowing a hunter to come, and slowly shoot any weapon at the Exit sign on the door. (Where his head shows up through the door.) You should also be able get the "Dead Stop" achievement by meleeing instead of shooting. (TRICKY BUT CAN BE DONE)

5.) My last suggestion is (REMEMBER TO CHANGE DIFF. TO EASY)run up the stairs, down the hall to the open elevator shaft. A tank will spawn there "regularly". Turn around and run back to the safe room and close the door behind you, leaving the tank outside the room. Now you can throw a molotov and get the "Towering Inferno" achievement, then finish him off getting both the "Tankbusters" (If you didn't get hurt by the tank that is.) and "Man vs. Tank" achievements.

So there you go. Easy 9 achievements in as little as 1-2 hours depending on how you want to do it.

I accept this information as trustworthy to the best of my knowledge. However, some of the achievments are nuttier than squirrel tirds, so best of luck. If you need any help, don't hesitate to ask. Use common sense and you shouldn't have any problems. Thanks guys.

NOTE: Forget to change it to easy when attempting the tank achieves? He might very well knock the damn door off it hinges. It goes something like this, TANK + YOU + ENCLOSED ROOM=DEATH. Happened to me, don't forget or it will happen to you.

Added "Clean Kill" to list as well. Thanks to interli. Now 10 easy achievements.

on the man vs thank 1 u cant get if u run bk to safe room i tried it today but the tank hit the door and the door came off then it killd me :(

Heartbeat
12-17-2008, 07:52 PM
This one goes out to everyone who doesn't know yet, as I just recently learned.

If you crouch down right up against the door, the tank will not try to hit the door but will try to hit you. Subsequently, the door stays on it's hinges. Now, I know boomers and hunters and smokers can do damage to you if you're right up against the door, but I don't believe the tank can. It's a craps shoot really. Give that a try when you get the tank on your behind.

GTukC
12-17-2008, 07:54 PM
Sometimes he will knock the door down, but I think if you sort off just run into it he can't break through it. Just burn him on easy and run

GTukC
12-17-2008, 07:55 PM
Burn the Tank on easy if you're playing with 3 other human people and run. Easiest way to get man vs tank. Just ask your team mates to co-operate it with you.

BemusedBox
12-18-2008, 12:46 AM
got to get man vs tank so will burn him