PDA

View Full Version : Glitch on Dead Air

willcrazyiii
12-02-2008, 05:39 AM
I just did this on Expert again, and still did not get it "completed". I've beaten this with osea and Confucious three times, and still nothing. I'm not dying getting on the plane, it's just not giving it to me. Has anyone else had this problem, and did you get it completed after playing it again a different way? I've done it three times, fully, and nothing. It's just amazing to me...

3/4 Completed... :(

Giantsonic
12-02-2008, 08:53 AM
I had something similar happen to me not 10 minutes ago.

I beat Dead Air on expert (died just after the first tank) and the rest of the survivors made it. They got their zombicidal maniac achieves, but I didn't... oddly enough, it says I've beaten 1/4 campaigns in the what are you trying to prove achieve.

Do I have to survive for zombicidal? if so, then why did i get one towards beating all of them?

weBBa man
12-02-2008, 08:54 AM
thats gotta be tough...try beating it with a dif group of ppl, or try an be host, in all honesty, i didn get some cheeves until i hosted my own room, and the cheeves popped, hopefully that'll help, if u need help give me a shout, webba man

weBBa man
12-02-2008, 08:58 AM

I beat Dead Air on expert (died just after the first tank) and the rest of the survivors made it. They got their zombicidal maniac achieves, but I didn't... oddly enough, it says I've beaten 1/4 campaigns in the what are you trying to prove achieve.

Do I have to survive for zombicidal? if so, then why did i get one towards beating all of them?

regardless of who beats it, as long as one survivor makes it to the rescue vehicle, everyone that particpates in all five episodes of whichever campaign with out leaving, gets the what are u trying to prove cheeve, or 1/4 of it, but you only get the maniac cheeve if u personally yourself board the vehicle, regardless of who does or doesnt make it

Giantsonic
12-02-2008, 09:20 AM
regardless of who beats it, as long as one survivor makes it to the rescue vehicle, everyone that particpates in all five episodes of whichever campaign with out leaving, gets the what are u trying to prove cheeve, or 1/4 of it, but you only get the maniac cheeve if u personally yourself board the vehicle, regardless of who does or doesnt make it

Ah, thanks for clearing that up.

willcrazyiii
12-02-2008, 01:58 PM
Yeah I hosted it one time... I have done it with nearly the same group of people, but I mean everyone else has gotten it. It's just terrible that this game glitched so badly. Oh and you still get credit for completing a campaign if the team finishes it, but you only get Zombicidal Maniac if you yourself get on the rescue vehicle.

White Lama
12-02-2008, 02:03 PM
Are you sure you weren't IDLE?

Not even for a second?

osea101
12-02-2008, 04:27 PM
Idle shouldn't cancel it. It's probably a glitch.

Axe Argonian
12-02-2008, 05:36 PM
I hope that doesn't happen to me....

That must suck, man. :(

Try again and see what happens.

Showa50
12-02-2008, 06:51 PM

This happened to me too. I figured it was because I didn't get on the plane with the other survivors, that's why I didn't get the chivo. The chivo does say you have to "Survive" a campaign.

willcrazyiii
12-02-2008, 07:41 PM
I haven't died on the Finale, and I never went Idle. It's just glitched... I'm not going to do it a fourth time, I think it's just not destined for me to get.

jobless sam
12-02-2008, 08:23 PM
I just did this on Expert again, and still did not get it "completed". I've beaten this with osea and Confucious three times, and still nothing. I'm not dying getting on the plane, it's just not giving it to me. Has anyone else had this problem, and did you get it completed after playing it again a different way? I've done it three times, fully, and nothing. It's just amazing to me...

3/4 Completed... :(

did the other guys that you were playing with get it?

willcrazyiii
12-02-2008, 09:31 PM
did the other guys that you were playing with get it?

Yup. I just don't have a clue. If there's something about installing it on your hard drive that stops the glitch, let me know.

GTukC
12-02-2008, 09:34 PM
Dunno man, I got Zomibicidal Maniac today without any glitches, to be fair nothing has glitched on me but I gotta say I swear I have shot a Hunter in the head while he was pouncing towards me but for some reason it just doesn't wanna unlock for me, but I'm sure I'll get it in time. Patience is the key, but willcrazyiii to have been done over 3 times must be pretty fooking annoying.

willcrazyiii
12-02-2008, 09:36 PM
Yeah, all the other campaigns are fine. It's just that one. This is the only thing that has glitched for me, everything else worked. I just thought it would unlock after doing it so much, it would glitch me the achievement at least right?

GTukC
12-02-2008, 09:41 PM
Dunno man, maybe take your disc out and bitch slap it and return it to your Xbox and try it ;) lol in all seriousness I haven't a clue. Do you know if anyone else has the same problem?!

confucious468
12-02-2008, 10:27 PM
Yup. I just don't have a clue. If there's something about installing it on your hard drive that stops the glitch, let me know.

I recently installed the game on my hard drive and I got the achievement. But you could always try running from disc and see if it works.

InFaDeLiTy
12-03-2008, 12:18 AM

Almost positive you have to live.
Look at the facts youve given us.

-You Dont Have The Achiev Already
-You Died At 1st Tank
-3 Others Lived
-3 Other People Got The Achiev That Lived And You Did Not

What other ? do you need answered?

Kreten
12-19-2008, 07:49 AM
You have to live or be downed as the game is finishing only way to get Zombicidal and for "What are you trying to prove?" you only need to play... end up as living or die in the finale it doesn't matter......

Gamma
12-19-2008, 10:08 AM
Is it possible you got the campaigns mixed up? Maybe try completing the other 3 campaigns again just to be sure.

garbfink
12-19-2008, 10:35 AM
two things are coming to mind that you can try.

1 - Are you sure it is dead air that you definatley need? maybe you didn't finish one of the others properly?

2 - Try clearing your cache, if the cheeve is glitched then doing that might help clear the problem.

Dan261
12-20-2008, 04:05 AM
Scary, I have the exact same freakin' problem. I know for sure I've beaten No Mercy, Blood Harvest, and Death Toll on Expert and made it into the escape vehicle. I know because I had 3/4 campaigns done, and I had not gone through Dead Air on expert.

I beat Dead Air today, made it in the escape vehicle, and nothing. I even went through a second damned time, made it in the escape vehicle, and SQUAT. I'm pissed, someone explain this garbage.