PDA

View Full Version : Far Cry2 & Achievements.

oDD Reflex
12-02-2008, 06:25 AM
It seems that FC2 is suffereing from samething that made GTA:San Andreas die rather quickly : Game-map being too big which results in too much time spent getting places. Also there seems to be quite a few bugs/glitches. I rented this game simply because I loved the first one but have been hearing too much negative stuff to buy it.

Since I got the game today, I decided to come here to get an idea of how to go about achievements and what to do or not do first etc. It seems no one has completed this game 100%! Better yet does anyone have a full 1000 in this game?? Reading through multiple threads it seems it might be beneficial use my 2nd account rather than have 400-500 odd GamerScore on the primary. Btw, I rented using GameFly so I don't have to rush through but I don't plan on spending entire winter playing only FarCry2 either. Any input, suggestions, advise, opinions?

SevDelta
12-02-2008, 07:18 AM
All of the achievements for singleplayer can be obtained in one playthrough if you do it right but multiplayer is what will take forever. Even with boosting.

oDD Reflex
12-02-2008, 07:26 AM
All of the achievements for singleplayer can be obtained in one playthrough if you do it right but multiplayer is what will take forever. Even with boosting.

Well from reading about this game, it seems you don't have a choice but to play the single player in a single session as game saves over 69% progress usually go corrupt and do not load up anymore. I'd hate to invest few hours into the game and not be able to play it because it won't load or freezes up.

I can't even imagine how mad I would be if Mass Effect didn't load/work after getting to Ilos :eek: I love that game and have spent close to 200 hours with 4 play throughs but just a single 1time glitch like that would make me not want to play it again. Anyhow, I decided to just check it out with my local account first and then evaluate it. If I like the game enough I will simply make it a weekend project rather than gamble with saves & such, every weeknight.

Exane22
12-02-2008, 07:23 PM
I think you can get like 640 or 650 from the single player, I missed one so im not sure. I thought the game was great though, since the landscape is so beautiful I didnt mind driving everywhere. I just usually took the bus anways.

I never had a problem with my game freezing and locking me out of saves or anything. It is prone to random freezing though, but if you save often then its nothing more then a "meh".

I heard that the multiplayer was rather laggy though, Im going to be startin in on it in the next few days. I hope its fun because its going to take a while to get the last online achievements. The map editor rocks though :)

Suki
12-02-2008, 11:18 PM
Yeah the bus helps but theres only 4 stops and the maps massive so u still get off the bus and then drive, shoot trucks/jeeps get out fix the engine for the 1000th time, continue to destination on every single mission.

I CR0W I
12-03-2008, 12:12 AM
I just play the game on foot. That's how I do things. Loved wandering on foot in Morrowind enjoying the then amazing scenery. Same goes for this game.

When it comes to outposts and such I crouch along around the perimeter and move when it's safe.

Same rule applies with patrolling jeeps and such, remember: Get out of the road if you want to grow old.

Basically, if you drive about like you're the big man on campus, expect to be challenged. I find combat more exciting when it's not happening every 2 minutes so I sneak. Also I get ripped apart by mounted MG fire on Inhuman.

A Satyr
12-03-2008, 12:23 AM
I got all except deliver all tapes because i thought it was find all not give all, thats the only one i didnt get in 1 playthrough... And San Andreas was fun as fuck

nexus1K
12-04-2008, 05:38 PM
I got 810. Have a couple problems with the saved games but I just had to come back one save back, like 10 minutes of game. I got a problem with the utility man achievement. In the last two cellular phone missions the targets seem to get away and the game informs you "mission complete". It is complete but unsuccessfully what may cause you to miss 2 of the single player achievements. Other than that, at the beginning it was cool, but later on I got tired of fighting the guard posts every time I need to pass through them, being run over by cars, spending sooo much time looking for the diamonds. And in the last analysis, no matter what they say, it is pretty linear like every other one. But if you have the time, it is pretty easy to get 830.