PDA

View Full Version : Funny or annoying things that have happened to you. come on lets hear it.

Bishman293
12-02-2008, 06:06 PM
Just thought I would make this post as I couldnít see one. I love this game its great, I havenít had a game in a long while that I can play over and over 1. Not get bored and 2. still gets me hyped just by hearing the music change (especially when you know what the different types of music mean)

I have had quite a few funny moments one that still has me laughing is when i was incapacitated and as my friend was running over to help me up got caught buy a smoker (keep calling them lickers) and i could only watch as he was dragged past me and we both died (the AI characters were both already dead).

I also feel like i get picked on by Hunters as they always target me, i already mentioned on another post but hey here it is again. There have been times when the hunter will jump past the other 3 players and pounce me. Also I think the hunter is a chav maybe thatís why it attacks me who knows.

One thing that annoys me is the witch well not annoys me but makes me think come on give us a chance. Iím on about when the AI places a witch right on the only walkway/stairs that you can you and there is no way of getting past her. Admittedly this I suppose is to make you man up and actually face her as apposed to running away like a tit just because you know this woman can slap you senselessí.

This game is great and I have had many different adventures even though only 4 levels but each one has its own moment that makes it great.

I just wondered what other people experiences were like and if you have any good stories or have the same hunter problem as me.

cheers people

Jimm
12-02-2008, 06:28 PM
I died. For 'no' reason. I tried to jump on a box.. and my character screamed at the top of their lungs.. then the game killed me. Beat that! Haha.

Bishman293
12-02-2008, 06:46 PM
I died. For 'no' reason. I tried to jump on a box.. and my character screamed at the top of their lungs.. then the game killed me. Beat that! Haha.

Thats harsh but very funny lol.

Shame the Valve didnt include a video editor like in halo. but id rather have this game without one than not at all.

Jimm
12-02-2008, 06:52 PM
Thats harsh but very funny lol.

Shame the Valve didnt include a video editor like in halo. but id rather have this game without one than not at all.
Yea, I'd really like to have been able to save some things.. like the things that people might think are not legit. Or how I magically died. I think I got pinned between the box and the generator next to it and it registered me as 'squished'? I really don't know. If I would have just gotten stuck.. the box is breakable and I'd have been fine, but nooo. I think the game just wanted me dead.

griphphin
12-02-2008, 07:12 PM
When i was doing the finale of no mercy, the part when you are in the elevator shaft before going up the first ladder after breaking through the vent, i heard the horde music. my team and i started looking around, waiting for them, getting all hyped up for a zombie onslaught, and lo and behold... they all come down the ladder... one by one... in a single file line.

i ended up getting 13i47619385713513513857 e^236246024purple24987624 spinal taps.

sometimes the AI is just plain ridiculous.

Lukhuta
12-02-2008, 08:35 PM
Mmm sometimes it seems that I bug or lag like hell, since I die all of a sudden with nothing around me ^^!!!!

That's pretty weird when it happens, but bah, lag is lag>.>

cocobombobo
12-02-2008, 09:54 PM
stupidest death ever: running to the helipad to get in the helicopter on finale of no mercy and... a tank just spawned and chucked a rock at me and it hit me through the helicopter and off the really tall building.

weBBa man
12-02-2008, 10:03 PM
i think the worst offender is when your on no mercy finale, your on the tallest building on the air vents, knocking down countless waves of horde, then lo and behold comes the tank music, u wait patiently to see which direction he comes from, then bam, out of no where you get punched clear cross the level and fly off b/c the tank came from behind, i cant count the times the tank would just run up thru everybody and just punch me off the map, that sucks balls, but i do love how the camera pans out really fast so you can see your body jus lifelessy fall to an inevitable death

GTukC
12-02-2008, 10:04 PM
stupidest death ever: running to the helipad to get in the helicopter on finale of no mercy and... a tank just spawned and chucked a rock at me and it hit me through the helicopter and off the really tall building.

LMFAO I would have cursed like crazy and launched my controller, especially if it was on expert.

Jimm
12-02-2008, 10:07 PM
Aww! I just thought of another one now thanks to Cocobombobo. I was running for the helicopter and the tank smacked me. I ended up somehow grabbing onto the helicopter as if I was falling off and once every one else was on, it said I made it (my name wasn't deceased in the credits). The funniest part about it, though, was WHERE I was hanging on.. If someone would have pulled me up, I'd have been standing on the very top of the helicopter where the blade would have chopped up into little bits.

I almost want to recreate it, but it would be extremely difficult to actually pull off (someone would have to get hit into that position, then the other survivors would have to kill the tank.. then someone would have to pull that person up and see if they stand on top of the helicopter or not.. then everyone jump on and see what happens). Do you get to surf on the helicopter? That would be epic!

joe.grayii
12-02-2008, 10:14 PM
I was playing when it first came out with my buddies and one AI character. It was the first level of No Mercy. Everyone was down in the saferoom but my friend who has a habit of hitting certain cars with alarms. So I exit the room in an attempt to help him. So I'm waiting for him to come down the stairs so I can shoot the zombies off of him and get in the saferoom. Little did I know that somehow he snuck past me into the saferoom. So, I got tired of waiting around and said "Well Matt, your screwed." I figured he was down and I wasn't going back up to revive him. (He hits the cars all the time so he asks for it)

Anyways, I go to turn around and hear my buddy say "No, your screwed" and then I hear the sound of a hunter right before he pounces me and my buddy shuts the door, LAUGHING!. Then zombies attack and the two of them including the AI are sitting smugly in the room, while I'm getting my guts ripped out. Needless to say, I was pissed off, but I've made peace with that since I allowed him to get eaten by a Hunter while crouching next to him in Versus. Ahhh sweet justice...

Jimm
12-02-2008, 10:22 PM
i do love how the camera pans out really fast so you can see your body jus lifelessy fall to an inevitable death
The best place I know of to do this is in Blood Harvest. Once you get near the tractor trailer near the car with the alarm, run and jump off the cliff to your right (if you're facing the direction you should be going). The best thing that happened there was after a few times of me jumping off purposefully to restart the level (I was trying for Man Vs. Tank and the AI kept shooting it).. a tank ended up knocking me off in this exact spot. I found it hilarious because I almost hit the 'camera'. Haha.

BlindxLink
12-02-2008, 10:30 PM
Hey Jimm, I did that glitch, where you fall and die randomly on the box? I tried to record it to put it on youtube, sadly it wouldn't work anymore :( so I'm trying again right now. If i manage to get it I'll put a link up.

Jimm
12-02-2008, 10:33 PM
Hey Jimm, I did that glitch, where you fall and die randomly on the box? I tried to record it to put it on youtube, sadly it wouldn't work anymore :( so I'm trying again right now. If i manage to get it I'll put a link up.
Why thank you! Do you have a capture card? Cause I could probably use one of those.. and need to figure out how to use one of those.. I should probably worry about where to get one of those first.

Illution
12-02-2008, 10:39 PM
Well, I got 1 or 2, so here goes...

This one time me and some friends were all playing on Expert in the demo. We get to the Crescendo event on the subway level, and everyone got downed outside of the little room except for me. So, I fend off the horde and decide to go pick them up as their screaming for me. I walk up to 'em, and keep toying with them by holding down X until right at the end of their revive and let go to have them fall again :p. I continued this for like 2 minutes, and turns out a smoker just entangles me and kills me >_<
They all got pissed and kicked me LOL it was good shit 'cause I was T-Bagging them too and stuff... ahhh

And then yeah I think that's it

mailmanchris
12-03-2008, 07:52 AM
Playing Blood Harvest on Advanced with 3 random folks on live. Right before the cornfield. I come running into the clearing Leroy Jenkins style and get vomited on by a Boomer. I kill him but while blind, I get pounced by a Hunter. My team thinks this is funny but blasts the little bugger and helps me defend off the bile-induced horde. Then, they help me up and before I can even heal, I get snagged by a Smoker and dragged off into the corn. Bill pulls off a miracle shot to stop the drag but not before it drags me right into... a God Damned Witch. Just as I stand up from the tongue, she rushes me and kills me dead in seconds flat.

My 'mates are now completely ROFL as I'm R Kelly'ing it in a closet somewhere in the distance. I have never wanted a capture card more than that moment right there.

The only thing missing was a Tank.

That AI Director had it in for me. It was so totally random. We ended up dropping to Normal just to beat it but they did not hesitate all night to constantly remind me of the epic fail.

Best.... Game.... Ever!

Slash12
12-03-2008, 12:13 PM
I've got two really annoying ones, The first one is probably pretty common. I was playing Blood Harvest on Expert (We were doing all of the Expert campaigns as fast as we could in a row) and for some reason we screwed around at the start of this chapter and I was the only one left. Everyone died pretty fast except I still had full health. I made it to the safe house and the second that I open the door a smoker picks me up and drags me away again... Another one was on the finale of No Mercy a tank hit me across the roof and made my character latch onto a railing that was literally 4 feet off the ground crying for help for someone to save him and help him up.

Jimm
12-03-2008, 01:33 PM
Best.... Game.... Ever!
Hahaha. That is pretty funny. Every time I'm a smoker in versus and hear a witch, I try to find her in hopes of pulling a survivor to it. I haven't been able to yet though.. but then again, I haven't played many versus games.