PDA

View Full Version : Making my apperance

albajos
12-03-2008, 03:21 AM
I have been a gamer since the early eighties. The first games I remember was table games with Centipede or Asteroids-similar games at a local cafe. And offcourse the carnival with it's Arcade games.

Commodore 64 was the one thing to have in those days, but I also recall playing Pac-Man on the Atari and some of the early NES-games.

Since then no game has passed Bubble Bobble on my greatest game of all time-list (because of it's gameplay), but storywise the games have really grown.

Maybe that's why I now is a Game Designer, mainly focusing on storytelling. Our first big game was a RPG, but it's still unreleased.

But the research to that game has given me the opportunity to play a lot of RPG-games. And yes, I still favor turn-based games. I have finally reached top 10 among RPG-players in Norway (MGC) and then I thought struck me: Maybe I should actively maximize my Gamescore?

And so I joined this forum. I hope to meet you all online in a game or two.

xjoewhitex
12-03-2008, 03:28 AM
Well very interesting introduction sir! And I welcome you to the greatest achievement site ever made! haha

But that is very cool you are a game designer? that's one job I always thought I would enjoy but unsure how to pursue. Anyways enjoy your stay.

LilMissRoxy
12-03-2008, 03:29 AM
Hey albajos and welcome. Pretty sweet job you have. Thank you for the well written introduction as well. As you may of noticed, we don't see very many of those very often.

You couldn't of picked a better place to aid you in your gamer score goal. If you need a hand or any questions answered please don't hesitate to let me know.

Enjoy the site!

kikkoman
12-03-2008, 04:48 AM
Hey man, welcome to the forums of x360a. Its a very helpful site for gamerscore and to chat to other and make friends. Well I hope you enjoy your time here and gl on that game.

albajos
12-08-2008, 03:30 AM
But that is very cool you are a game designer? that's one job I always thought I would enjoy but unsure how to pursue.

Actually I started my degree with a goal of becoming a 3D-animator. But I decided to change paths during that three-year bachelor degree. So it wasn't a definitive goal for me at first either.

Since designing worlds and stories also can be combined to other media, primarly TV and Movies, you will have many potentional costumers (Screenwriting primarly) Still with the education, you have to prove what you can do before you get a job, nothing comes free. Especially in Norway, since we really only have one company, Funcom, that may have enough money to hire a larger staff. (But it can go either way Age of Conan for the moment, so they probably don't take unneccary risks right now) Other norwegian companies are usually only 2-5 people working on one game.

XxJesusNinjaxX
12-08-2008, 03:34 AM
great intro man....excellent

hope you enjoy the site and have fun!

Lordvader178
12-08-2008, 03:56 AM
And already a subscriber, nice!!