PDA

View Full Version : Tips for beating the game as Richter?

rileyvace
12-04-2008, 02:40 AM
I always get beaten by certain enemies!!
Climbing a certain tower in the Topsy Castle, the angels that shoot arrows kill me in one hit and it's really frustrating :(

Any tips for tricky enemies/bosses for me?

Also; I haven't played this game in a while, so could people bear in mind I may not know what certain parts of the castle(s) are called :P

Flik Nightshade
12-08-2008, 01:22 AM
Map out the most direct route to Dracula than you can and stick to that route. [Unfortunately, this will lead you through the inverted Clock Tower and you'll need to deal with the Medusa heads.]

Master Richters flying upper cut. This will allow you to speed through vertical maps and get you past chasms.

Other than that, all I can say is to hit every save point on route. Heal up and keep pressing on. It'll be a lot of trail and error till you get your niche but eventually you'll get the hang of it.

AloniaEverclear
12-09-2008, 09:50 PM
I used hydro storm to get through most of the inverted castle as Richter. There is a route you can go that doesn't lead you through the clock tower with the Medusa heads.

I watched this guy's speed run YouTube - SoTN Richter Speed Run so I knew the exact route to take. Then looked at the maps on game faqs to exactly where the save points are so I could make a few detours a long the way. Farming hearts and using Hydro Storm is a way to really maul through the enemies.

Good luck!

yngwieclone
12-14-2008, 02:01 PM
ya thats the direct route to beat the inverted castle. Learn the uppercut and the slide kick or whatever. plus in his route there are a few save points that are close after you pass Medusa and the anti chapel uppercut part.

Fakan
12-17-2008, 06:28 AM
As has been said, using hydro storm (special attack with Holy Water as subweapon) kills everything in one attack, including bosses. It costs ten hearts, so it's not difficult to spam it for difficult areas--and there will be difficult areas. All Richter's game requires for sure is Holy Water, flying uppercut and luck. =( There will be cursing.