PDA

View Full Version : Hello! :3

RuYi
12-06-2008, 11:59 PM
After a few months of lurking, I finally decided to register here. I really like the site and the community seems very nice. I am looking forward to meeting you all and hopefully make some friends.

I really am not good at introducing myself, but I felt it'd be the polite thing to do lol. My name's Ru Yi, 19, born in China, living in Europe now. I study Graphic Design at the moment, after graduating Multimedia, got several jobs and luckily some time left to play video games.

Haven't got my Xbox360 for too long, bought it last June. The few games I got are Assassin's Creed, Devil May Cry 4, Dynasty Warriors 6, Mirror's Edge, and Prince of Persia arrived yesterday. I'm a really slow gamer I guess, I love taking my time to play, see all there is to see.

In case anyone cares, my gamertag is RuYi (lack of originality ftw), feel free to add me, but I only have a Silver Account for now, and only one internet cable that's usually plugged into my computer when I'm not playing on the 360. I honestly tried getting a 2nd internetcable to my room but I had to go underneath the house (router is in basement) and I found out I'm still afraid in the dark at 19. :(

~Ru Yi

Genesis x360a
12-07-2008, 01:00 AM
Hey dude - Welcome to x360a - Dont worry about being scared of the dark lol im 21 and im still afraid of spiders lol Enjoy your time here and i'll catch ya around the forums :)

cincychaos
12-07-2008, 03:48 AM
welcome to the site! You did a pretty awesome job of introducing yourself, nicely done!

SynysterGirl
12-07-2008, 04:00 AM
Welcome to the site. =]

I'm afraid of the dark too, and I'm 17. =P

kikkoman
12-07-2008, 07:21 AM
Hello Ru Yi I'm also afraid of the dark lol, but i got over my fear of spiders xD. Well anyways welcome to the site Ru Yi and have fun posting.

KnifeyJoe
12-07-2008, 08:25 AM
Hi there! Welcome to the forums, it's always glad to see fresh faces. If you don't mind me asking, what sort of graphic design do you do? We've got a great artistic community, and I'm sure they'll be glad to see someone new :D

Lordvader178
12-07-2008, 08:31 AM
Hey, welcome to the site. If you need anything, feel free to ask me.

I have a question. I don't mean to sound rude, but are you a boy or a girl?

Squirrel257
12-07-2008, 09:49 AM
Hey and welcome to the site. Since you just got your 360 if you need some friends - feel free to hit me up - Squirrel257.

RuYi
12-07-2008, 10:51 AM
Thank you so much for the warm welcome, I really appreciate it, and it makes me wish I registered earlier lol. Also great to see I'm not the only one afraid in the dark!

@KnifeyJoe: I checked out the graphic section of the site, I was glad to see it, and I saw some fantastic work!
The education I take can be divided in three categories: Graphic Design, learn to create ads, posters, logo's. Animation/Audiovisual design is about animation, games, audiovisual productions, you work with Photoshop, Flash, Director and 3ds-Max. Interactive Design is about websites, interactive cd-roms and games. It's my first year, so we learn about all three, but later on you pick one of the three and focus on that one. My last education was Multimedia, but it wasn't really a good one, we only did website creation. I was excited to learn about the other programs such as 3ds Max and Photoshop, but they quit it after 3~5 classes and let us create more websites.

@lordvader178: I'm sorry I didn't mention it before lol, Ru Yi isn't the standard gender give a way name. I'm a girl.

@Squirrel257: Thank! I'll be sure to add you today.

Once again, thanks a lot for the warm welcome here!

MG NEWTON
12-07-2008, 02:17 PM
Welcome. Great Intro. Best intro that I have seen so far.

LilMissRoxy
12-07-2008, 04:04 PM
Hey Ru Yi, and welcome. More gamer girls the better I say! Darkness is pretty creepy. I think there are more people scared of the dark then they admit. I'm older than you and still afraid of really dark places.

Tiberian
12-07-2008, 04:09 PM
Welcome! Enjoy your stay, its a nice community here. "Most" people are pretty friendly, so do't be afraid asking questions, if you have any. :)

chickenhead87
12-07-2008, 05:30 PM
Welcome and enjoy the site im not afraid of the dark toxic inferno what sane person isnt scared of spiders.