PDA

View Full Version : **possible spoilers**

Ultrapro
12-07-2008, 05:23 PM
Sorry, didnt write the actual title!!

Hey guys, I'm doing well in AC4A but have come to a point in the Collared ranking that I can't get past, its the level 17 Lynx, named Cube, its an automated one and it is just untouchable!! Anyone got any tips on beating it?

Pro

Ultrapro
12-08-2008, 07:46 PM
sorted now so just posting for anyone who has this problem in future. I finished it by changing maps. I usually use the desert one so theres nothing in the way and nowhere to hide. I changed tack to using the map with the highways etc, the second time I tried to fight him, he seemed to loose where he was going, flew around for a few tries, couldn't get in to find me and ended up flying out of the map!! EASY!!!

Pro

Epic Henchman
12-16-2008, 11:15 AM
a good thing to do against other nexts is to use weapons like railguns and the kojima missiles but if you cant get them you should try sniper rifles and high act missiles as they have a high velocity and missile agility which means that they can hit more often.

anther thing to remember is to use the different regulations as against the big nexts you can use the 1.15 regulation so you get infinate energy so you can boost around them.

Ultrapro
12-16-2008, 03:08 PM
Yeah, cheers dude, I learned how to do that one eventually but I am now having major trouble with the last mission of the Destruction Path, Occupation of something something Carpals etc... Any handy tips for that? I have tried Kojima, Rail, Sniper etc etc and can't crack it. Cheers

Pro

Darkgorgos
12-16-2008, 07:21 PM
http://www.armoredcoreonline.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=693

Its a cheap way, but gets the job done.

Ultrapro
12-17-2008, 10:58 AM
Sweet thanks, I will try this out when I get a chance at home! Thanks dude. The one thing I am unsure about is the wall you have to stand on, do you literally shoot at the wall? Don't suppose you have a video example or screenshot of where to stand and what to do? Sorry to seem simple!!!

Pro

Ultrapro
12-18-2008, 09:43 PM
Hey dude, thanks for the info on the mission but as far as I'm seeing so far, the method the guy in the link gives is cack. Seriously, I used the legs he mentioned and as a result couldnt stand on the "Ledge" so I ended up floating up against it. I did pick up enemies through the walls but couldnt hit them through it at all, I dont have the "P-MARROW" part either. But I swear his schematic is messed up, he mixes things up in it saying that the Marrow should increase the range of the Sobrero but the Sobrero is the booster!!! WTF??? Anyway I can't do this, its a pain in the ARSE, can anyone post a video link of how to actually do the Glitch? I hate this mission!!!

Pro

Darkgorgos
12-18-2008, 11:00 PM
The sobrero booster is a AA booster, the p-marrow amplifies the assault armors range. Pressing A X B all at the same time will activate it. Just do not do it in the open or you'll be torn to shreds. It depletes your PA. The P-Marrow is unlocked by completing a hard mission. Ill look for the post that told me to *looks* ok to get p-marrow, it looks like you need to complete the defense of alteria carpal.

You can stand on the ledge too, though i found it easier to just keep my joystick held forward so your constantly walking forward.

|
|
|
| <===
/
|
|

standing right at that bend, and walking straight into the wall will keep them all on the other side.

hope that helps you, Ultra.

and make sure your reg. is set to 1.00

let me know if you need any thing else

Ultrapro
12-18-2008, 11:53 PM
Cheers for the explanation dude but I dont ever seem to be able to stand on the ledge, I just seem to drop back into the water. Does that matter? And I can't work out where to stand based on those line diagrams etc I know which wall to hide behind but can't work out how to do the wall bit lol. I will try and do this without the wall glitch, with the AA attacks from behind the wall and without the AA booster as I cant do the required mission on hard yet either lol!!

Pro

Ultrapro
12-19-2008, 01:53 AM
Ok, that regulation didnt work AT ALL!! I went behind the wall and was shooting at them through the wall, and nothing was happening, and then one of the dudes came over the wall and pummelled me!! I think I must of done something to turn of my assault armor because it doesnt work! My controller layout says its LB, RB and Y. IS there some way I could have turned Assault Armor off without knowing it?

Pro

Darkgorgos
12-20-2008, 03:17 PM
Ah, I forgot to ask you what button layout worked for you, I use layout B, with my weapons being fired from the bumpers and AA being triggered with AXY. It does take practice to keep that damn bot on the ledge, and you have to make sure that you at least have your FRS maxed out on EN weapon skill to boot.

I cleared all missions that involve this level: assualt, defend, and occupy : with the method gaining a S on each one, so I know it works.

Another method is to rain death down from above. Slap all available FRS into EN output, EN capacity, lock speed, and missle lock speed. equip both backs with kojima missiles and shoulder relation missiles, slap regs to 1.15 and sit up in the middle of the stage hovering as high as you can go and just keep lobbing missles at them. Sniper riffles work too. its getting a 1v1 going without drawing another into the works.

Try this configuration to see if it might help you out.
Body: argyros
FCS: 061AN05 GEN:ARGYROS MB: POLARIS BB: SCHEAT
SB: SCHEDAR OB: SOBRERO
WEAPONS: DUAL 061ABSR: MP-0601JC: ZINC: MUSKINGUM02

30/50/50/50 50/00/00/00
00/00/00/00 50/00/00/00
50/50/00/00 00/00/00/38
00/00/00/00

*there are alternatives to some of the weapons I use: some of them I think have to be earned in hard, but this bot is pretty solid*

Also have you tried out the 1.30 regs for online play yet?

After looking at the explanation for them, it looks like they might have solved the warp glitch that bladers like to use.

Ultrapro
12-22-2008, 09:00 AM
To be honest mate I haven't played this game online yet. I like to build up the skills offline so I don't look like a complete retard when I first try it online! Thanks though, I will try your suggestion later if I get a chance, if not it wont be until boxing day now as its family xmas time soon!

Pro

Darkgorgos
12-22-2008, 04:27 PM
Not a problem helping a fellow fan of Armored Core out.

Have a safe and wonderful holidays Ultra.

Ultrapro
12-23-2008, 08:46 AM
Cheers dude, you too

Pro