PDA

View Full Version : Maybe I'm doing it wrong?

Evolvr2006
12-08-2008, 08:44 PM
Just on the first boss on assassin. With constant mashing of X and Y together, or varying up pressing X and Y together I still get my ass handed to me by this guy. He just ducks under my attacked and messes me up.

Am I supposed to be hitting X then Y because this trick of mashing them together does almost nothing except get my ass kicked.

smokedghost
12-08-2008, 09:54 PM
im having the same problem. u found a solution?

EDIT: I Have just found out you have to push towards the enemy with the LS at the same time. hope it helps

ferrara316
01-08-2009, 05:24 AM
having trouble myself, anyone can help?

mchannon37
01-08-2009, 03:03 PM
It's really about timing with that trick, you can't just spam the buttons together as sometimes you'll get hit in the middle of it, in which case you have to either hit (B) if you have a take-down charged, or (A) so you only get hit with a couple of the hits in the combo. Personally, I don't think that the X+Y combo works all that well on Assassin difficulty. So at least for me, I like to block a combo, then counter with 2 of my own (XXY then YYY) which seems to be pretty effective, and the first one is quick to get off, just make sure with all your attacks that you are in range and pressing towards the enemy so you don't whiff and get hit with a combo yourself.

Hope this helps, and if all else fails, just do the Assassin trick and most bosses should be no problem for you.

Barad
01-14-2009, 08:11 PM
nice method dude!..thx1..

PsiScream
05-26-2013, 03:14 AM
I decided to pick up this game as it was only rated a "3" difficulty and thought it would be an enjoyable 5-10 hours. So far though, I'm not having a good time at all. For those that have played this and are still reading the forums, how in the world do the fight mechanics work?

I try to stay in block until it seems like they opponent has completed a combo, before trying a combo of my own. Sometimes it works, sometimes not. At the end of mission 2 you fight 2 guys, then 3, then the boss, and I cannot even beat the two guys.

When trying the X+Y move, are you hitting between the two buttons on the controller with your thumb? I'm not sure they are registering at the same time.

I think the guide should have warned people that the combat is full of QTEs. On Assassin difficulty you seem to need a very quick response time; only rarely do I seem to intercept the opponent's move in time. Am I supposed to mash the button multiple times, hit it once quickly, or hold it down?