PDA

View Full Version : Cherokee Difficulty Question

Cheezbrgr
12-09-2008, 05:05 AM
Is there any way to avoid 2 playthroughs while stile unlocking the Cherokee difficulty achievements. I want to avoid 2 playthroughs, but still want the 1000. Can anyone confirm how to unlock Cherokee early or get this achievement easy?

Thanks

VeNGeD
12-09-2008, 08:37 AM
The only way to get it is to complete the game and unlock Cherokee, then play through again. Cherokee mode is not hard at all, I found it very easy and I also really enjoyed the single player and didn't really mind playing again.

Cheezbrgr
12-09-2008, 10:56 PM
=p ahh ok thanks ... I just dont really think a second playthrough will be fun considering this first one isnt

doomsayer86
12-30-2008, 09:53 AM
Well I don't exactly know how this happened but I had Cherokee difficulty unlocked from the start. Might be because my brother beat the game on his account but then why would it show up on mine? Anyway, I have not finished it yet but hopefully it will stack it.

the_a_drain
12-31-2008, 01:15 AM
Here's how I did it. And no, you must play it twice as Cherokee does not unlock until you've played it the first time.

Played it through the first time, enjoyed it but wouldnt ordinarily have played it again especially not right after, so when I finished it I did the first part again on Cherokee (up until you get spiritwalk, its the hardest part of the game) then after that every couple months or whenever I could be bothered I just picked it up and played through a few levels here and there.

Takes a long time if you do it that way but you can do it in one go if you like the game that much, or want it out of the way.

The multiplayer achievements on the other hand... I have none of.

Bruk
12-31-2008, 09:15 PM
The second playthrough takes much less time since you already know what to do and where to go. Like mentioned before, Cherokee difficulty is not that bad. You'll be finished with the game before you know it.

isw42
01-01-2009, 12:58 AM
The only difference I noticed between normal and cherokee was that the purple things that replenish your health weren't there anymore. It doesn't matter because you never really die though. I'm about half way through cherokee now and that will be my last achievement I need. I currently have 43/44.

CursedElite147
01-11-2009, 08:23 PM
Playing it through the first time is fun, why not give it another go?

http://card.mygamercard.net/nxe/CursedElite147.png (http://profile.mygamercard.net/CursedElite147)

http://card.mygamercard.net/nxe/CursedElite147.png (http://profile.mygamercard.net/CursedElite147)

Kankui
01-15-2009, 02:33 PM
Well I don't exactly know how this happened but I had Cherokee difficulty unlocked from the start. Might be because my brother beat the game on his account but then why would it show up on mine? Anyway, I have not finished it yet but hopefully it will stack it.
Just booted it up for the first time, and it was unlocked for me as well....

I just looked at his gamercard.. it does NOT stack! Normal = 65 and Cherokee = 65

Might as well play it on normal then...

chanman
01-20-2009, 11:06 PM
I enjoyed Prey as well. This game is short.

Teh Paralyzer
02-11-2009, 08:29 PM

I just bought the game and it had the difficulty unlocked...idk y.....maybe cause my firends account beat the game and it seems to have happend to you...so i guess that works

Lord Chabelo
02-11-2009, 08:36 PM
I've been dreading going back to finish this game, just need the Cherokee achievement, just can't find the motivation to do it.

ferrara316
02-11-2009, 09:38 PM
I've been dreading going back to finish this game, just need the Cherokee achievement, just can't find the motivation to do it.

agreed. I had 935 for 3 weeks without playing the game, because i just had no passion to play through. It really is fast and easy the 2nd time despite the difficulty due to the fact you know what your actually doing.

PureTechniquex
02-11-2009, 10:20 PM
The game is just random !

The Chuck Chuck
02-28-2009, 06:09 AM
Also just booted it up for the first time and have Cherokee difficulty available... I did have to download an update from LIVE, so maybe that was something that they did in the update?

Pepperdog8
04-02-2009, 07:43 AM
i beat prey 1 year ago and tomorrow i'm gonna fianlly beat it on cherokee, thinking about playing this game again is worse then walking into a knife. But i think i can handle it now that iv'e had a 1 year break.:woop:

WheelzthatKeelz
04-02-2009, 09:26 AM
Oh COME ON!!! I finished it on normal difficulty in about 4 hours... you guys must be really slack or just suck at this incredibly easy game to be all "ohh i cbf, anyone got cheats?"... I also found the story quite interesting compared to most FPS at the moment. I know that's a matter of taste and opinion but still, its such an easy game to breeze through I never would have thought people would be whinging about playing it twice. YOU can't DIE!

WheelzthatKeelz
04-03-2009, 02:39 PM
Finished the campaign on normal and cherokee in about 8 hours (both in 8 hours total not 8 hours each)... finished the entire game within 12 total. - took me 24 hours because i had some breaks...

and you guys are complaining... lolololol

drkltus1
04-11-2009, 05:39 PM
the only difference between the 2 difficulties is basically the health

Jonny the Hutt
05-31-2009, 09:58 PM

Yeah, same thing happened to me. Although I just played it on Normal first.

kalvaza
06-10-2009, 10:51 PM
Finished the campaign on normal and cherokee in about 8 hours (both in 8 hours total not 8 hours each)... finished the entire game within 12 total. - took me 24 hours because i had some breaks...

and you guys are complaining... lolololol

You're basically saying you have no life if all you have to do is play an alrightish game for hours on end. Sit down.

Kanos125
06-20-2009, 02:00 PM
You're basically saying you have no life if all you have to do is play an alrightish game for hours on end. Sit down.

:pWhat he said^:p