PDA

View Full Version : Jackal Tape NOT UNLOCKING!!

COBRAtheENEMY
12-10-2008, 11:06 AM
I'm in the Southern section, in the centre section of the map where the ceasefire zone is.

Well the jackal tape in this section of the map, everytime I go to pick it up, I pick it up but it doesnt register that I've collected a new jackal tape??

Is this because I already have 10 jackal tapes and need to give some to the journalist before I can pick up some more?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks! :)

7mmMag
12-10-2008, 04:55 PM
I had this same problem, I posted it on the MS X360 forums, and was told that you can still collect them like normal, and then turn them into the journalist. They wont show in your list, but you can still get the achievement. This happened to me on the last two jackle tapes. Kinda sucks because they were interesting.

COBRAtheENEMY
12-11-2008, 06:43 AM
Very weird... so it worked for you handing in the all of them even though they didnt show on yr list?

It is a shame they wouldve been interesting... :mad:

7mmMag
12-11-2008, 07:55 AM
Very weird... so it worked for you handing in the all of them even though they didnt show on yr list?

It is a shame they wouldve been interesting... :mad:

Don't know for sure if this actually works, I am waiting for the journalist to reappear at the bar so I can turn the last tape over to him. I will post if it actually works for me. Like I said, this is just what a poster at the other forum told me.

COBRAtheENEMY
12-17-2008, 01:50 AM
Don't know for sure if this actually works, I am waiting for the journalist to reappear at the bar so I can turn the last tape over to him. I will post if it actually works for me. Like I said, this is just what a poster at the other forum told me.

I handed in my first 10 to the journalist in the south.

I picked up a few more, these did not show up in my jackal tapes collection, and i went back to the bar but the journalist wasnt there.

when does he appear again? doesnt he just appear anytime you have tapes?

7mmMag
12-20-2008, 01:03 PM
I handed in my first 10 to the journalist in the south.

I picked up a few more, these did not show up in my jackal tapes collection, and i went back to the bar but the journalist wasnt there.

when does he appear again? doesnt he just appear anytime you have tapes?

Well, he never showed back up at the bar for me to give him the last two tapes (the ones I picked up but didn't show in my list). I think if they ever release a patch to fix this game, I may play through it again because for the most part I liked it. I also never got the buddie achievements north or south. I screwed up in the north and didn't go find them before it was too late, and as for the south ones I found the one at the brewery but was never given the missions to find the other ones. Another glitch I suppose. I finished the game and am moving on to Gears of War 2.

COBRAtheENEMY
12-20-2008, 01:16 PM
Well, he never showed back up at the bar for me to give him the last two tapes (the ones I picked up but didn't show in my list). I think if they ever release a patch to fix this game, I may play through it again because for the most part I liked it. I also never got the buddie achievements north or south. I screwed up in the north and didn't go find them before it was too late, and as for the south ones I found the one at the brewery but was never given the missions to find the other ones. Another glitch I suppose. I finished the game and am moving on to Gears of War 2.

I did end up handing in the first 10 tapes, then kept collecting the remaining 6 and handed them into the journalist (he showed up a 2nd time for me).

Unfortunately it didnt work, I did not get anything (or he didnt hand in anything).

If anyone else has any ideas that would be great. Otherwise I may also consider playing through a 2nd time on casual once the bugs are fixed