PDA

View Full Version : Option to choose site colour! poll

Tahae T
12-10-2008, 10:02 PM
this is a poll to simply see if any one else thinks that it would be a good idea to customize your page on xbox360a to a colour you like.

colours can be chosen after - just looking for yes / no answers only for now!!

i dont mean change permanantly - e.g choose from a range original, red, blue etc etc...

Monkeyman 8322
12-10-2008, 10:12 PM
You can already edit the style of the forums and change the colour to black and gold
And it looks fine as it is.

DigitalJester
12-10-2008, 10:14 PM
imo the site looks good and works well as it is :)

Tahae T
12-10-2008, 11:31 PM
i know you can change some of it already, but i feel there old and could do with a revamp = just a suggestion. im no designer so obv i am not critisising but black and gold isnt always every ones taste.

Pashos
12-10-2008, 11:49 PM
If they add more colors I wouldn't change it. I like it the way it is.

Blue Radium
12-12-2008, 04:15 AM
I'm far too used to the current theme to change it. It just wouldn't feel right to me. Although, more options are always a good thing.

Eternal
12-12-2008, 04:26 AM
The Xbox isn't blue or purple or pink. It's green, silver or black.

Tussell
12-12-2008, 04:48 AM
The Xbox isn't blue or purple or pink. It's green, silver or black.
That doesn't seem like a valid argument. Though, if you wish to put it that way...

The Xbox360Achievements forum is not The Xbox...

Anyway, I don't think it's something that needs to be rushed, but it's something that seems like a valid idea. Though will probably be placed on the very bottom of the 'Things To Do' list in terms of what needs to be done on the site.

Selections
12-12-2008, 07:29 AM
That doesn't seem like a valid argument. Though, if you wish to put it that way...

The Xbox360Achievements forum is not The Xbox...

I think, what hes trying to say, or atleast my point is;

The original Xbox360 console is white with a touch of green here and there. The "or black" statement comes from the 360 Elite. Keeping this site as a site for tips, reviews and achievement discussion, the colour should match the console.
Its all about repetition, and keeping a consistent theme as to what your website is producing. It makes no sense as to make a site intended for the Xbox360, and have it black and pink.

Obviously, my vote is no. However, there could be an addition of a "darker" theme, but only to suit the Elite console.

Tussell
12-12-2008, 07:31 AM
The site would stay this color by default, only changed by the user for their own likings.

That's what he's saying, and if he's not, he should be.

Minty
12-12-2008, 09:42 AM
We only support the x360a skin as it is for new features. Theres a clue there :p

Cacky
12-12-2008, 04:01 PM
I like the site's existing colour, I don't think it should be changed.

aston158
12-12-2008, 04:51 PM
Why change it?

Nice thought but the site's been up to long

and so there would no need for this as it won't make a difference :)

Tahae T
12-12-2008, 05:22 PM
The site would stay this color by default, only changed by the user for their own likings.

That's what he's saying, and if he's not, he should be.

Why change it?

Nice thought but the site's been up to long

and so there would no need for this as it won't make a difference :)

tussel that is what im saying - its a great site, but for personal choice i was saying it would be good to have the option to choose. i am not saying it must be changed - BUT - you can customize your xbox, so why not your favourite xbox360 site?

aston - yes i know and agree also, hence the time for maybe a small change :)

for attention of people mentioning colours - i did not say any specific colours should be used, but considering your saying "well the xbox is white/black -stupid idea to have pink" (just an example im not targeting anyone!) then why are you able to change the skin to black and gold theme?

point?

Selections
12-12-2008, 06:17 PM
for attention of people mentioning colours - i did not say any specific colours should be used, but considering your saying "well the xbox is white/black -stupid idea to have pink" (just an example im not targeting anyone!) then why are you able to change the skin to black and gold theme?

point?

As the Xbox360 is seen in the standard White/Green colour, then shouldn't a site devoted to bringing content to it also follow suit?

I do understand your point, as many sites (especially forums) have the option of changing colours. But you also have to take into consideration how the site is operated, especially as what Minty has said. From previous experience in operating websites, its much easier sticking to the one universal theme. You have less errors, and when it comes to adding new content, you only have to worry about the one theme working correctly.

Coo1D B1ooDeD
12-12-2008, 07:01 PM
The sites colour now is good but some more options couldn't hurt i guess..

phatstrat
12-26-2008, 05:40 AM
Options are always nice but not at the expense of performance on the site. Personally I like the green. If it won't negatively affect the site (It works excellent now, imo) then I would be all for it!