PDA

View Full Version : Should I buy this game?

baddawg12
12-12-2008, 09:37 PM
I've seen this game go really cheap on eBay. Is this game worth getting? Or would a rental be better?

sleekzero
12-13-2008, 02:14 AM
yes. you should buy it. no question. the map editor is awesome!

J Lew332
12-13-2008, 06:53 AM
I depends what you like, but personally I absolutley hated this game. I dont like the type of games when you have to drive from mission to mission. The missions also get repetitve. I thought the multiplayer was ok, but I hated the single player and eventually traded it in. Dont waste your money on this game theres way too many other good games that have been coming out.

agentplatypus
12-13-2008, 07:00 AM
Must buy for shooter fans.
Don't expect an easy 1000 though.

baddawg12
12-13-2008, 05:09 PM
So the achievements in this game very hard?

andyatk
12-13-2008, 05:49 PM
So the achievements in this game very hard?
I wouldn't say hard, but there are lots of online achievements that will take ages to get, plus lots of missable achievements.

RizlaFino420
12-14-2008, 01:25 PM
-Crappy A.I. (though they claimed it was going to be great) that seems to always know exactly where you are even after you buy the camo upgrade. a FPS version of Splinter Cell this is definitely not. or GTA. or even Just Cause.

-floating objects (one of the many glitches i've noticed along with enemies being embedded in terrain and still able to attack you)

-save corruption issue (or is it a game loading issue? dashboard doesn't recognize these so called corrupted save games as being corrupt)

-you have to shoot human targets without body armor (sometimes all they are wearing is shorts and a t-shirt) 50 or so times in the body to kill them. or once in the head. stupid i.m.o.

-i have high centered countless vehicles on little rocks and other small objects, rendering the vehicles unusable.

-sometimes when you go to unlock safehouses the people you need to kill that are supposed to be guarding them arent there so you cant unlock the safe house.

-the fricken rival militias live in the same town 1/4 mile from each other. and they don't seem to care that you're working both sides.

-everyone on the map wants you dead no matter how much a low profile you try to keep. they just automatically know who you are and that you need to die despite the fact that you work for both the militias. nonsensical.

-those guys you just killed at that guard post 5 minutes ago. yeah thats their corpses but they have apparently called in for backup cause the guard post is no longer cleared of any threat.

-i've seen a boat with a crew materialize in thin air and drop down into the water right in front of me. than drive after me to try to kill me.

-game is basically: 1)talk to someone. 2)drive across the huge map. 3) clear a base of enemies. 4)grab something or blow something up. 5)repeat.

-lame animations. for example, to fix a car you pull out the same socket wrench and wrench on a single bolt every time (though the location of the bolt sometimes varies). Or use your pocket knife to dig a bullet out of your palm and then jump back in the fight. or need health? just stab yourself with the miracle drug that they have all over africa. i truly believe Ubisoft montreal is a bunch of glue sniffers.

this game pretty much sucks ass. it has a lot of potential. very pretty terrain. awesome looking water and flora. great dynamic lighting effects. thats really all i can say about it that is positive. they must've been so proud of themselves for making such a pretty world to play in that they forgot to make it fun.

the multiplayer is like cod 4 or 5 minus everything that makes COD multiplayer awesome.

i wish i didnt buy this game. but i'm gonna finish it and walk away with at least 500 points so i feel like i got my 59.99 worth. or at least a portion of it.

Instead you should buy Gears of War 2, or Call of Duty: World at War, or Fable 2, or Fallout 3, or Dead Space, or Left 4 Dead, the list goes on. don't waste your money on this glitchy half assed piece of crap like i did.

Strongbow
12-15-2008, 09:24 AM
I would avoid this game untill they fix it, the save bug is the worst glitch/bug I have ever encounted in a game and the best part is UBI don't give a crap, there are thousands of people with this problem and another thousand with other problems, wait for a patch if any...

EvilTommy
12-19-2008, 06:17 AM
Got to agree with the guy giving such good description on what all the flaws are. I just bought it and where i live the games are a whopping 60 a piece, meaning really expensive and we dont have rental shops for games over here. I bought it cause of all the recommandations through rumours and internett. I must say so far its one of the worse games in my collection and definitly not worth the money to buy. Basicly the description the other guy got on this is dead on i recognise this myself and the multiplayer is really bad. Im gonna do the story mode once and quick as i got better games to waste my time on. This is only one persons recommendation u got to make up youre own mind :) I rather recommend Left4Dead or CoD 5 if u want a newer fps game it got a 10 times better multiplayer and doesnt confuse u so much as fc2 does. Ps the graphics isnt all that wow on it.

Liamnator1005
12-19-2008, 11:36 AM
the ai isn't crap if you do the game on harder difficultity as on normal its about the same as most shooters but hard it gets tough, its a good game the multiplayer is a lot of fun and it will take about 6 months to get all 1000 gamerscore as long as you play no other games online