• Yeah, Yeah i Love it!
    • Yeah, its cool
    • I did....
    • I might buy one soon
    • I have another type of DVR
    • No i dont like them
    • Eeh i didnt care about that stuff
    • whats a Tivo/dvr?

Yes I have a TIVO, in fact I have a original TIVO for my upstairs TV and a HD DVR for my basement TV. The great thing about the TIVO is the menu system...it's second to none. It's so much better than the menu system on my HD DVR. However, Tivo (at least the normal Tivo boxs 40 hour...80 hour etc) does NOT support HDTV or digital surround sound. There is a satellite TIVO unit that does, but that is $500.

The differnce between a TIVO and a DVR is the menu system to get around. TIVO has a patent on their menu system and it's so simple a child could do it. Plus it has the cool clicking sound.

• 3 weeks later...

I think the first one you listed is a earlier model of the Tivo...no longer being made

80 hour silver, series 2, im having some confusion with the whole phone line thing, i was arguing with the chick at best buy and my mom for like 10 minutes over, do you have to have it plugged in forever, or just to start the service, or not at all, we bought one of those 3 month subscription cards from bestbuy just to see if we liked it, so any help with this would be nice