PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from the jungle

driftzilla
10-20-2006, 01:22 PM
Hey Guys,

I'm an from South Africa, and have been using your site to help boost my gamerscore :)

Yes yes, i'm a gamerscore whore. And proud.

I got my xbox a few months ago, though it only officially launched in South Africa 3 weeks ago.
It's awesome to finally have games and accessories in local stores as opposed to ordering online, paying premium prices and waiting weeks for delivery.

The live network has not officially launched here, but we have ADSL and make a plan! :)

I only realised what gamer score was a few months ago, and have been pushing myself beyond all limits to be the best!
Of course, my score hardly compares to some of yours here,
but im currently ranked 4th in South Africa, so i'm quite proud.

Here's our unofficial list: http://www.mygamercard.net/clboard.php?id=Kmx9S4gg

The official list has been tainted with Columbians and other nationalities that for god knows what reason has set there locale to South Africa.
So we improvised.

I am also an admin on our local xbox site http://www.xbox-360.co.za, which currently has 435 members. Impressive cause we only launched here officially 3 weeks ago.

Anyways, i dig your site, and it's helping me with my addiction. So good on you guys!
I'm off to grab those thousand points from Madden NFL 06 :)

Crash
10-20-2006, 01:35 PM
Welcome, enjoy your stay.

IMportdreams95
10-20-2006, 01:41 PM
Welcome, Enjoy your stay! :)

SarkeBeeley
10-20-2006, 07:57 PM
Hello, welcome in!!

Norad45
10-20-2006, 08:12 PM
:welcome to the site

Webb
10-20-2006, 08:22 PM
From a fellow admin, to another fellow admin. Welcome to the place on this vast internet we call home.

Stick around and get involved. Tell your friends too ;)

L3giOn
10-20-2006, 08:41 PM
Welcome to the forums man.

Waaaaaaaak
10-20-2006, 11:20 PM
Welcome!

Can't believe the 360 took so long to reach you guys. Do not many people play video games in SA?

driftzilla
10-21-2006, 08:36 AM
Thanks for all the welcome's guys.
LOTS OF people play video games in SA.
Just Microsoft has taken forever to launch here.

PC Gaming is massive here, and Playstation and all those other consoles have been here since the beginning of time (my time at least).

I have had a Commodore 64, Nintendo 8 bit, Sega 16 bit, PS1, PS2, Nintendo 64 .... and finally ...... XBOX 360 (one console to rule them all :))

P.S. Damn the Madden NFL is hard. Guess not understanding anything about the game is a bit of a barrier. Didn't stop me getting 800 points in NBA live in just 10 minutes :)

P.P.S
Achievement Guides?
I found this page while ago which i cherish in my favourites: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/content/view/85.htm
But now it seems to have dropped the style sheet, and none of the links work anymore.
If i want anything from this page, i google the name and author and am able to view the cached version. Where are these available on this site now?

Webb
10-21-2006, 03:07 PM
P.P.S
Achievement Guides?
I found this page while ago which i cherish in my favourites: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/content/view/85.htm
But now it seems to have dropped the style sheet, and none of the links work anymore.
If i want anything from this page, i google the name and author and am able to view the cached version. Where are these available on this site now?

Due to the new page being live, we are currently updating it and adding the new guides to the front page, we should be done soon hopefully.

Chris764
10-21-2006, 10:25 PM
welcome to the site

DaKing240
10-22-2006, 12:15 AM
Welcome to our site...

Quick Question - how do you get the stuff for your Tournament Prizes :) Are you sponsored, or is it public donations, etc.?

Krazie
10-22-2006, 07:10 AM
Welcome to the site man, it's nice to have people from all around the world, gives our site a diverse feel, which is really nice

Hope you enjoy your stay. Make sure to check out all of our great features including our tournaments, gamerscore league, etc., and join in on any discussions that peak your interest :woop:

driftzilla
10-22-2006, 08:22 AM
Quick Question - how do you get the stuff for your Tournament Prizes :) Are you sponsored, or is it public donations, etc.?

Welllll, we actually haven't had any tounry with prizes yet.
Only ye old pat on the back prize.

We are currently working on a tournament engine to schedule tournaments, followed by some prizes including games and hopefully a console too.
We are hoping for sponsorship, but it that fails us admins will be forking out :(
for the cause an all you know :drunk

Make sure to check out all of our great features including our tournaments, gamerscore league, etc., and join in on any discussions that peak your interest

I will most definately!
Though this forum is a bit slow from my side as our connection is really not all that :(
So pages load really slowly for me. I feel like i'm back on dial up sometimes.
Bearing in mind ... i've got the fastest connection a home user can get in south africa. Our pipe to the US/ROW is still limited.

DaKing240
10-22-2006, 09:07 AM
Ahh gotcha... well best of luck!

koldFU5iON
10-23-2006, 06:41 AM
Hey Drift Thanks for giving TheXboxLounge a mention :(

www.txl.co.za (http://www.txl.co.za) is a site I've created to sort out tournaments for players in SA, currently we have 2 tournaments happening Table Tennis and Call of Duty 2, We will also be holding the launch of COD3 along with a tourney on the day. once Xbox live is set up we'd definitly be looking for overseas challangers ;) to show you guys what SA peeps are made of :P

And yes there will be prizes :P

this is an awesome site! you guys look like you've done well here... I could definitly use the help as Drift is my Gamerscore Rival! he found the site before I and as you can see has left me in the dirt :( but I will avenge my Diginty!!

DaKing240
10-23-2006, 06:58 AM
Hey, gotta add your Xbox Live GamerTag to your profile :(

driftzilla
10-23-2006, 08:43 AM
Hey Drift Thanks for giving TheXboxLounge a mention :(

Oh ya ... guys. There's also this cool site we got called txl.co.za :whs

koldFU5iON
10-23-2006, 08:58 AM
Hey, gotta add your Xbox Live GamerTag to your profile :(

Cool! sorry about that added :woop:

driftzilla
10-23-2006, 09:12 AM
Now entire sure why my profile image is not displaying properly?
Could if be the space in my Gamertag --> "DriftZilla ZA"?