PDA

View Full Version : Saving to the hard-drive?

martdude16
12-13-2008, 09:05 PM
I'm getting this game very soon and I'm aware of all the problems with it. My question is if I install it to my hard-drive, does it make it better? I'm not sure as Halo 3 doesn't.

Sorry if there's a similar thread...

Thanks.

Strongbow
12-15-2008, 09:21 AM
I'm afraid not mate, I tried this myself on another playthrough of Far Cry 2 to see if it would resolve the save game bug/glitch but nothing changed, I really would avoid buying this game untill it is fixed becuase if it happens to you it will really piss you off when you get to 60-90% and cannot load your game so you have to start again, If you do get the game good luck with it :).

Ug the Mean
12-16-2008, 02:56 PM
Agreed. Wait for a patch before buying.

martdude16
12-24-2008, 01:00 PM
Agreed. Wait for a patch before buying.

Oops too late. Already got in the garage waiting for Xmas!

Anyway what are the chances of the glitch happening?

SevDelta
12-24-2008, 04:11 PM
Oops too late. Already got in the garage waiting for Xmas!

Anyway what are the chances of the glitch happening?

Well there IS a chance it won't happen. Didn't happen to me.

martdude16
12-24-2008, 04:25 PM
Well there IS a chance it won't happen. Didn't happen to me.

Reckon I should take the risk or wait it out?

Giant Enemy Cat
12-24-2008, 05:12 PM
Reckon I should take the risk or wait it out?

Well, for me, the only ONE problem I've had is the game glitching at 88%, there was this bar I had to get into to progress through the game, but it wouldn't let me open the door. Luckily, I had another save at 79%, I got up to 88% on that save, and it worked and I completed the game.

martdude16
12-24-2008, 09:45 PM
Well, for me, the only ONE problem I've had is the game glitching at 88%, there was this bar I had to get into to progress through the game, but it wouldn't let me open the door. Luckily, I had another save at 79%, I got up to 88% on that save, and it worked and I completed the game.

OK i'm probably going to play it then. As we don't know when this patch will drop.

Strongbow
12-24-2008, 11:06 PM
My advice to you would be to make loads of saves and never overwrite games saves as this has been found to make it less likely for the the save to become corrupt, Far Cry 2 is a great game hope you enjoy it! Merry Christmas!

martdude16
12-25-2008, 09:03 PM
My advice to you would be to make loads of saves and never overwrite games saves as this has been found to make it less likely for the the save to become corrupt, Far Cry 2 is a great game hope you enjoy it! Merry Christmas!

Oh ok I just got it today for Christmas, and have already made multiple saves but have overwritten.

I'll stop it now and when I get too many saves i'll just delete some off the dashboard.

MakoBallistic
01-01-2009, 12:35 PM
yes dont overwrite that was what screwed my file the first time round, although i have a ridiculous amount of saves now, its about 800mb lol

LordBunnyHunter
01-13-2009, 08:35 PM
Oh ok I just got it today for Christmas, and have already made multiple saves but have overwritten.

I'll stop it now and when I get too many saves i'll just delete some off the dashboard.

The glitch usually starts when you're at approx. 62%. Save as much as possible and at different locations so you can figure out where your save won't glitch where it will.

sadiesinner
01-13-2009, 10:59 PM
heres a tip and i think it has merit

the only saves that dont work for me are ones that are prompted (after mission completed, etc) i saved at save houses often and never overwrote. i made it through the game without a lot of wasted redo's.

i managed to get all the single player achievements just fine.