PDA

View Full Version : Tips for beating Motaro, Shao Kahn, and Noob Saibot

aPerfektFIaw
10-21-2006, 05:26 PM
TIPS ON BEATING NOOB SAIBOT:
Noob does not have any special moves. Thats right, no projectiles, no teleports, nothing. So you want someone that won't allow him to get close to you. Sub-Zero is the PERFECT candidate with his Ice Clone move (D,B,LP). This will give you breathing room between you and Noob, and if you're lucky, he will get caught and frozen. Use the combo HP,HP,LP,LK,HK,B+HK if you get him frozen, or just use an uppercut. Good luck, Noob is one tough cookie.

TIPS ON BEATING MOTARO:
Once you beat the Endurance level in single player, you will have to face the four-legged minotaur known only as Motaro. Go ahead and try to beat him a few times... if you are reading on, then you haven't beaten him. Here's a few pointers. Motaro is impervious to projectiles... meaning? you can't hit him with anything. No spears, nets, ice, plasma balls. You must fight this guy man to man (or woman to man). This guy has some nasty moves, including a Tail Swipe, a big Red projectile, and a grab/punch technique which takes off over 20% of your health each hit. Pick someone that you have good knowledge of combos with. I picked Smoke. When the match starts, go at him jumping and kicking... keep doing that until you find a good opportunity to run in for a combo. Repeat the jumping and kicking, looking for combo opportunites. Took me 2 tries and that 4 legged bitch was kneeling before me.

TIPS ON BEATING SHAO KAHN:
The toughest character in the game IMHO. He is a pain in the ass. He has 5 moves that he uses at random. A shadow slide towards you (Block it), a green projectile (duck under it), a Kick (block it), a sledge hammer (block it), and a shadow uppercut (duck it then immediately uppercut before he falls down). You will probably spend most of the round blocking, so start the round off by ducking and blocking. If you see him shoot a projectile, let go of block so it doesnt knock you back. Once he uses the shadow uppercut, start unloading uppercuts. If he gets you too close to the corner he is going to relentlessly beat your ass, so try to stay away from the sides of the level. Every now and then Shao Kahno taunts you by laughing or pointing and saying something. PERFECT opportunity to lay a combo on him. This guy gave me about 20 minutes worth of cursing and trying different characters, but I eventually finished him off with Smoke. Good Luck!

Everyone feel free to post their tips here... Check below this post for more tips.

Vergil85
10-21-2006, 07:39 PM
Any other tips or things I should watchout for Motaro? Cause I've spent about 30 mins on him before I gave up. It seemed that when you beat him once he just goes into Ultra-cheese mode. He just keeps teleporting and then grabbing me when I'm getting back up for pretty much the 3rd round.

McDan1el
10-21-2006, 07:47 PM
Can you keep replaying Noob? or do you have to keep getting to his stage?

I just got to Shao Khan and hit 2 player instead of Mortal Kombat and it lost my progress, lol - im a noob.

Smokez
10-21-2006, 11:46 PM
why is Motaro so hard?

xIx EDGE xIx
10-22-2006, 01:35 AM
For fighting Noob, just do the 8 player tournament over and over again, and pick the 4th icon in the row to fight him until you win. I used Sub-Zero and as soon as I knocked him down, I shot ice at him immediately, freezing him before he could fully get to his feet. Then I ran over to him, uppercutted him, and repeated the process until I won. It's not easy because it requires precise timing, but once you have it down no opponent in the game will ever be a problem again. (Except Motatro because that obviously won't work, and Jade because she's like a crazy psychic bitch and she counter's every one of your moves)

Zee
10-22-2006, 02:00 AM
Here's my versions of beating SHAO KAHN and MOTARO.
MOTARO:
Just keep on jump kicking into him when you have a good line into him. If he's to far away jump kick back.Then try to jump kick him when he is in jump kick distance. When he warps in back of you make sure to jump kick and jump the other way. Kick if your in the air and you will hit I'm before he grabs you. Repeat in-till he is dead.
SHAO KAHN:
I picked SEKTOR for SHAO. What I did was launch a missile when I was safe and then warped upper punched him 2 times the launched another missile when he was in the air. Then as he was getting up launched another missile.
If your lucky about 50% of the time he will do a Attack were you can do the warp upper cut on him right after the combo and redo the combo.
Well that's how I beat them.

Gprime
10-22-2006, 09:06 AM
For fighting Noob, just do the 8 player tournament over and over again, and pick the 4th icon in the row to fight him until you win. I used Sub-Zero and as soon as I knocked him down, I shot ice at him immediately, freezing him before he could fully get to his feet. Then I ran over to him, uppercutted him, and repeated the process until I won. It's not easy because it requires precise timing, but once you have it down no opponent in the game will ever be a problem again. (Except Motatro because that obviously won't work, and Jade because she's like a crazy psychic bitch and she counter's every one of your moves)

Lol yeah, for sum reason when I try to freeze Noob he keeps ducking like a bitch and hes giving me trouble.. Got the uppercut trick down tho :woop:..I guess Ill have to keep trying untill I eventually get it

OMG ukildkenny
10-22-2006, 04:10 PM
I can get to Shao Kahn but spent about an hour and gave up (twice) One time i managed to beat him once then got owned the last round. It seems to me that its about luck for him. If he jumps a lot then your in luck. Any other suggestions for Shao?

Zee
10-22-2006, 04:20 PM
Read my post.

tyjay
10-22-2006, 06:35 PM
ok dudes how to get a double flawless on noob :)

use the 8 player method to get there make sure that u play agaost him with sub zero
then.... stand still and press lp as fast as possible he tries to sweep u constantly but the lp cancels it :) easy peasy as they say
if he wont come to jump in the keep pressing lp

lata

scottydo42
10-22-2006, 09:14 PM
Any other tips or things I should watchout for Motaro? Cause I've spent about 30 mins on him before I gave up. It seemed that when you beat him once he just goes into Ultra-cheese mode. He just keeps teleporting and then grabbing me when I'm getting back up for pretty much the 3rd round. Montaro is really easy all you have to do is be scropin. First attack him with a combo When it says "FIGHT" then teleport. Wait for him to teleport to you and uppercutt him. Then teleport again and wait for him to teleport to uppercutt him. keep doing that until he is dead.

J2 Da R
10-23-2006, 12:50 AM
Yeah, ok Motaro = easy now.

Use any character, and just stay crouched and wait for him to teleport to you. You will be able to uppercut him before he hits you 90% of the time.

Heeby
10-23-2006, 07:24 AM
I just spent over an hour fighting Shao Kahn and found a method that absolutely destroys him. Any character with a harpoon attack can upper cut wait harpoon uppercut wait harpoon repeat. Once you get the timing down he won't even hit you :) If he starts with a rising dash you can get a flawless on him.:drunk

dadaveke
10-23-2006, 05:18 PM
i don`t understand.. please more details .. i`m now fighting 4 hours to this guy... 1 fight i win .. second fight iàm at his name with the energybar

dadaveke
10-23-2006, 05:52 PM
ive got him WOOHOO... and i was lucky... both of us energybar was total empty.. it was me (smoke) or shao:drunk

Vergil85
10-24-2006, 04:22 AM
I beat Shao by using Smoke and spamming his spear. As soon as Shao hit the ground after I hit him with an uppercut I threw him another spear when he was getting up. I almost got a flawless on him on the 2nd round except as soon as "FIGHT" appeared he shoulder tackled me. :mad:

Link2430
10-24-2006, 08:15 PM
This requires a little timing skill, but all you need to do is stay crouched and constantly blocking, once he does his uppercut thing with his knee you need to do a high punch while crouching (uppercut), then run to him and uppercut him again. You can keep uppercutting him until his is dead if your timing is right and he won't even be able to attack you. If he gets out of it, just crouch and block and wait for the right time to repeat the process. It took me awhile, but once I got the timing down it was over. Let me know if this helps...

DisturbedDan
10-24-2006, 11:08 PM
beat noob very easily last night. He kept going for the sweep kick but i kept pressing LP and it worked. Lost the first round then I won two straight rounds by some sort of glitch, that allows me to keep punching him.

Ninegauger
10-25-2006, 04:49 PM
I got Motaro down last night. The answer is Sheeva. I've done this twice and it seems to work pretty reliably.

Just keep jumping over him and doing her HP, HP, HP (The first HP as you're coming down) combo if he tries to attack you as you jump over. Even if he blocks (he will much of the time) the 3 hit combo will put him out of range to grab you and punch your face in. I didn't get a flawless or anything but it worked great last night and this morning. Other character or combos would probably work but this is what I did.

I got nothing on Shao Khan though...

Valerus
10-25-2006, 10:46 PM
Shao Kahn is really hard for me.

I beat him once, but then he rams me unrelentlessly.

He isn't even good, he just has lame powerful attacks.

L3giOn
10-25-2006, 11:57 PM

use the 8 player method to get there make sure that u play agaost him with sub zero
then.... stand still and press lp as fast as possible he tries to sweep u constantly but the lp cancels it :) easy peasy as they say

lata

This strategy didn't work at all for me.

PeaceSquid
10-26-2006, 02:25 PM
bought this yesterday and, after a fair bit of effort, finally beat Shao Kahn last night.

my methods (as Scorpion)...

Motaro - jump at him. hit HP on the way down and then HP HP HK B+HK. 5 hit combo. jump away quick. Motaro hates this.

Shao Kahn - jump away from him right away. get to the edge of the screen and duck. don't block, just wait for him to attack you. his shoulder-charge will connect but you can reply with an uppercut. you great a free hit if he does that jumping move so use that.

if you get him down to the end of his energy bar just jump in with a flying kick. it will finish him off.

aPerfektFIaw
10-26-2006, 04:59 PM
Motaro hates this.

but he sure does love a warm apple pie

PeaceSquid
10-26-2006, 08:39 PM
but he sure does love a warm apple pie

indeed.

thanks to Dan for pointing out the LP trick with Noob. After the cheapness that is Shao Kahn I didnt feel at all bad about LP spamming Noob.

beat him on my first attempt.

cant see me ever winning 100 ranked matches but i just did 10 and it probably took me 50 matches to manage that!

moneyovabunnies
10-27-2006, 02:00 AM
this crap is rediculous ive read all the other post and i still can beat him why the hell did midway do this dumb crap.....i will have to buy a new controller if this continues

moneyovabunnies
10-27-2006, 04:08 AM
thanks for the help i still havent managed to beat him

Vergil85
10-27-2006, 04:14 AM
Pick Smoke and do the usual Spear-Uppercut-Spear before he gets fully up-Uppercut again routine. I did it on my 1st try and almost got a flawless.

aPerfektFIaw
10-27-2006, 04:34 PM
wow i havent even been paying attention. Sorry guys. The LP trick that Dan mentioned earlier does in fact work. I just didnt post it bc I only did it once and thought i just got lucky. But i guess it wasnt just a glitch with me since Dan was able to do it, and peace was able to do it.

dnut24
10-27-2006, 05:02 PM
i just downed it and started playing it yesterday and love it. the way i beat shoa last night was with sub zero. just do a upper cut, quick freeze tactic. i started but jump kicking him to where i could freeze. then run to him and upper cut. start the freeze single bout 1/2 to 1 second after upper cut and it will hit him as he gets up. keep freezing and upper cut him.

the timing is real hard, if you do it too late, he'll shoot the ball at u and he still gets froze though. too quick and he'll be froze on the ground and you cant upper cut him. to late and he'll destory you. hope this helps.

dnut24
10-28-2006, 02:33 AM
wow i havent even been paying attention. Sorry guys. The LP trick that Dan mentioned earlier does in fact work. I just didnt post it bc I only did it once and thought i just got lucky. But i guess it wasnt just a glitch with me since Dan was able to do it, and peace was able to do it.

ummm yea. after fighting his ass a bunch of times and getting whooped, i decided to try this little trick. seemed too good to be true. its not! dont move an inch from the beginning and pound away on low punch. it made me and my friedns laugh so hard to see him stuck trying to sweep me. easiest achivement ever.... ummm well falling 20m on dead rising was pretty easy. :)

Raid3n
10-29-2006, 01:17 AM

ill probably feel really stupid after asking this but what 4th icon in a row are you talking about? I tried going through but dunno what im doing

dnut24
10-29-2006, 01:23 AM
at the end, when you're the winner it will have a line of icons. the 4th one which is a "number 3" pick that one, you'll fight noob.

Smokez
11-04-2006, 08:29 PM
WoW I just got a FlawLess Victory's Against Shao Khan (It was on his Beserk life aka the 2nd Round)

Smokez
11-04-2006, 08:32 PM
After I Beat him i pick NooB Sabot and Lost. I had No idea you cant play him more then once.. How Gay!!!!

D0cman88
11-05-2006, 02:42 AM
The Noob glitch definitely works. But I think it matters who you do it with because I tried it 3 or 4 times with Cyrax and couldn't get it. But when I tried it with Sub-Zero it worked the first time.

My advice use Sub-Zero.

DanielFullard
11-06-2006, 11:42 AM
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

Eventually I beat him. And funnily enough after 2 hours of trying I wiped the floor with Shao Kahn in the match I beat him. One almost flawless and another easy. God knows how many times I tried.

If anyone wants any advice use SubZero. Freeze him and uppercut him. Dont use the 5-hit combo as when you finish chances are he will nail you with a move. Simply freeze him, dont worry if he hits you with a green blast thingy as once you have froze him once and uppercut him, time it so you freeze him again when he is getting up. He will catch you out a few times but keep persisting and it will work.

DanielFullard
11-06-2006, 11:45 AM
Use SubZero. Freeze him and uppercut him. Dont use the 5-hit combo as when you finish chances are he will nail you with a move. Simply freeze him, dont worry if he hits you with a green blast thingy as once you have froze him once and uppercut him, time it so you freeze him again when he is getting up. He will catch you out a few times but keep persisting and it will work.

coolwhitedeluxe
11-09-2006, 04:40 AM
I can vouch that the classic Sub-Zero method against Shao Kahn is the best tactic to beat him, but I still haven't managed to get the LP trick to work on Noob Saibot. Total bummer. I will be vigilant and continue trying. This game was a lot easier back when I used to play it on Super Nintendo, that version must've been really dumbed down...

Krycek7o2
11-14-2006, 04:07 PM
LP trick worked wonders! I didn't even know about it!

ryan1182
11-21-2006, 02:17 AM
All that I did was freeze em with Sub zero then upper cut him over and over. It took me 20 times though... lol.

SkilledJR
12-20-2006, 01:43 AM
this game is hard and takes plenty of practice and a little bit of failure so keep at and you'll do it.

SkilledJR
12-20-2006, 01:44 AM
oops this thread has been cold for sometime, sorry about that.

Deviant Nick
01-17-2007, 09:49 AM
first of all its easier if u have two gamer profiles , so u dont have to go all the way through single player...ok first step is to go to 8 person tourney and make sure the first profile wins then pick the 4th treasure from the left..now here comes the easy part once the fight as begun DONT MOVE just start tapping low punch (A) the noob will come right in over and over until u beat him...trust me i got a flawless against him!!

dnut24
01-17-2007, 01:41 PM
it's already posted under the achievement guide above you, and on the tips to beating below this post.

magictroll
01-17-2007, 09:50 PM
The low punch trick isn't in the guide though.

dnut24
01-18-2007, 01:08 AM
actually it is in the thread below titles as tips to beat shoa kan, noob, etc.

"

lata"

Wooden Foot
01-18-2007, 09:29 PM
this is lame I cant beat the last boss and I hate it......please help.

zebatov
01-27-2007, 08:36 AM
Shao Kahn isn't possible to beat with skill. Cheating or luck sure. But with luck you still only have a 0.000000001 percent chance. End rant.

magictroll
01-27-2007, 01:54 PM
Yeah took me for freaking ever to beat him and at the end I got lucky because he just laughed over and over and let me do my combos for 2 rounds. This is after honestly 3-4 hours of trying on and off (then taking a break and coming back).

Luckily, thanks to someone's post here, I only had to do it that one time because I beat Noob Saibot then and there with the low punch tapping trick. Yup, well on my way to getting 200 and I only beat Shao Khan once :)

m2kmanofsteel
01-27-2007, 06:58 PM
yo i heard if you jump and throw a fireball they can do damage.

deej brutal
02-08-2007, 09:43 PM
i picked cyrax and beat motaro and shao kahn pretty easily... motaro i would always jump at him with the hp, then lead into the combo right after until he died. shao kahn was a little harder, but not by that much. if i remember correctly he cant hit you if you duck under his shadow moves, so i would uppercut then run and start a combo almost immediately. it took a couple of tries but nothing too bad

DRB NINJA 187
03-02-2007, 12:28 AM
when noob sibot starts to come at you just start hitting Low Punch a bunch of times, noob will get stuck ducking going up and down and you just keep on punching and not more Noob sibot.

PS: i did it with subzero but im it will work with any body

.dark man.
04-08-2007, 09:57 PM
when i fight any CPU

some one jump to secreen :eek: and sayyyyyyyyyyyy happpppy

what the button to press it so i can fight nooob or its nor work here ?

TheLord Phoenix
04-09-2007, 09:54 AM
The only way to get the Achievement for beating Noob is by completing novice and after you beat Shao Kahn You pick the 4th sybol and fight him. If you do 8 player tourny and beat him, you will not get the achievment. my advice is to pick uSub-Zero agaist Shao Kahn and keep Uppercutting -> to freeze. Then just a,a,a,a,a etc.. against noob.

Motaro is the easiest character in the game to beat. Just jp start auto-combos, and occasionally throw in some jk's. He will fall in no time.

TheLord Phoenix
04-09-2007, 09:56 AM
;) Oh and the low punch spam against noob only works with uSub and Sindel

Link2430
04-22-2007, 05:54 AM
The only way to get the Achievement for beating Noob is by completing novice and after you beat Shao Kahn You pick the 4th sybol and fight him. If you do 8 player tourny and beat him, you will not get the achievment. my advice is to pick uSub-Zero agaist Shao Kahn and keep Uppercutting -> to freeze. Then just a,a,a,a,a etc.. against noob.

Motaro is the easiest character in the game to beat. Just jp start auto-combos, and occasionally throw in some jk's. He will fall in no time.

You will, in fact, get the achievement if you do the 8 player tourney and then beat noob. I just did it and it worked...

DanielFullard
04-22-2007, 10:06 AM
For Shao Kahn I used the method most use. Freeze...uppercut...and freeze him before he hits the ground

Tussell
05-22-2007, 02:40 AM
How do you prevent/help not get owned by Shao Kahn's charge move?

Stinkyf1re
05-22-2007, 08:47 AM
when i fight any CPU

some one jump to secreen :eek: and sayyyyyyyyyyyy happpppy

what the button to press it so i can fight nooob or its nor work here ?

Do you have some sort of mental condition? Because that post made absolutely NO sense. Posting on the forums requires at least graduating elementary school.

TrembL
06-04-2007, 05:22 AM
Wow, I can't believe that low punch (A button) actually worked against Noob. The first time I beat the tournament I beat everyone easily with Sub-Zero, until I got to Shao Kahn. He whooped my behind for about an hour or so and then I finally got him and figured Noob was gonna be no problem. Big mistake. He worked me over like there was no tomorrow.
So I figured this was going to be an achievement I would never get. Then I see this and thought the LP thing was BS as the person who posted it had only 1 post. But it actually works. You're not going to get a flawless. Noob is going to hit you a few times, but that is how it's suppose to work. He will most likely run into your punches a couple times, then back up and start doing drop kicks. He will likely make contact with you and thats fine. Just dont stop mashing because shortly after he hits you a few times he will get glitched under your punches trying to do a leg sweep and you will get to lay waste to him.

TheLord Phoenix
06-04-2007, 06:10 AM
yeah noob is easy I beat him without the lp spam with hSmoke pretty easily.

Slobber23
06-16-2007, 11:32 PM
Beating Shao Kahn and Saibot are easy as fuck. For Shao Kahn, use Sub Zero and just keep freezing and upper cutting him, and freezing him as he is getting back up. And well, the guy who came up with that way to beat Saibot is a legend. Easiest achievement I've EVER done. :D

thugmotivator101
06-30-2007, 05:31 PM
i just beat noob sainbot with the lp glitch in an 8 player tournament. and got the achievement with that so it al works. thanks a lot

crazyguy24
07-20-2007, 01:46 PM
Nevermind I just beat him with the guy above me's ice strategey. I love you.
Also, beat Noob by pressing A, that's awesome.

x561x Brad
07-29-2007, 06:43 AM
Motaro: Easy, I beat him on my first try just jump in the air and either HP him or HK him. I did it with Smoke.

Noob: Not to hard, I beat him on my 3rd try. Just wait untill he gets close and trys to leg sweep you. Then just LP the shit out of him. It is kind of like a glitch because he kind of gets stuck in your punch, but hey it works. I did it with Sub-Zero.

Shao "Fag who can only use the faggot fireball" Kahn: It took me about an hour and 30 minutes to finnally beat this guy. Just try to get in the back left corner without getting hit. Once there, just sit in the corner and do not block or anything, just stay crouched. He will only Fireball, shoulder charge, and knee fly? at you. When he shoots the fireball it will miss, when he flys in the air uppercut him, when he shoulder charge him you will take some damage, but you can still uppercut him and it will take more of his damage. So I hope this helps....

Unearth4164
08-02-2007, 08:52 PM
I will be on this game tonight, to get the last achievements I need.

ElementalSoBe
08-02-2007, 08:57 PM
when get my xbox the first thing im gunna do is tyr to beat saibot , he the last achievment i need

Unearth4164
08-03-2007, 03:18 AM
I beat him the first time I tried, in about 30 seconds, that lp trick really works.

ElementalSoBe
08-06-2007, 05:13 PM
thanks for all these tips and i finally beat the noob!

alvarado52
08-13-2007, 01:13 AM
Dunno if its been posted, but i beat Noob pretty easy by doing the following: ice clone, backpeddle, roundhouse kick. As soon as the clone disappears, he runs towards you, the roundhouse is lengthy enough that, when you time it right (very easy to do), you knock him back. Wash, rinse, repeat.

RRIKER
08-14-2007, 08:24 PM
Dunno if its been posted, but i beat Noob pretty easy by doing the following: ice clone, backpeddle, roundhouse kick. As soon as the clone disappears, he runs towards you, the roundhouse is lengthy enough that, when you time it right (very easy to do), you knock him back. Wash, rinse, repeat.

or.... you could just keep LP LP LP LP spamming. First time If ought him, i just kept rapid-tapping it. he got knocked back a few times, then all he does is try and sweep you. LP cancels it, but he'll keep doing it. Just keep up the buttons and hes done. Got a 2x flawless on my first try. I was surprised how easy it was.

too long, didn't read: spam lp and nothing else. Double flawless.

CLAPSTER
08-14-2007, 10:28 PM
To defeat Montaro all i did was pick sub-zero(he's the guy I've played with since i was 5 or 6) i jump towards him and do the kick then i rush him with the 3 hit combo i think it's y, y, back y
well yea thats him shao khan i froze him then just uppercut him throughout the whole round (when he is gettin up run and uppercut him there)

noob saibot put up a fight and got me one round but i tried the strategy(haha yea right) i used on shao khan and thats it:woop:

Walcherina
08-20-2007, 07:21 AM
The brilliant strategy of just hitting LP the whole time worked for me. I lost the 1st round, won the 2nd with barely any life left, and on the 3rd round he got glitched when I was punching him and he kept turning around and around while crouching so I just kept hitting LP and beat him. This seems to be the easiest ways, if you can't get it try using different characters.

RRIKER
08-25-2007, 08:25 AM
I just beat Kahn by using the "duck in a corner and uppercut method" It's basically a gamble for him not to shoulder charge you to death. basically, any move he does has a slight delay. just stay ducked and anytime he's close enough (when you are in the corner) and he pulls a move other than the charge, he'll fail, and that's when you pop him a juicy uppercut.even after he does the shoulder charge, you can still get him on an uppercut if you recover quickly. May take a few tries but as long as you trade blow-for-blow with a uppercut, and he doesn't do more than 5(?) shoulder charges(whater it takes to kill you), you should have him on his gigantic @$$ in a few tries. Good Luck

Tonggi
12-12-2007, 02:47 PM
im surprised you guys are having trouble with motaro and shao kahn. I remember when I had this for sega genesis when i was like 10 and i would beat the bosses eventually. I would get pissed but I was able to beat them

Spades12321
12-12-2007, 03:42 PM
im surprised you guys are having trouble with motaro and shao kahn. I remember when I had this for sega genesis when i was like 10 and i would beat the bosses eventually. I would get pissed but I was able to beat them

Yes, but I absolutley suck balls at this game. Trust me I am really bad.

Puzzled Veteran
12-23-2007, 12:32 AM
For Noob Saibot all I did was tap the A button. He just gets stuck and can't do anything..30 seconds later Achievement Unlocked. So my advice is to jump back right at the start with Sub-Zero and when he gets close to you on ground level just keep doing low punches over and over.

drakehellsing
12-28-2007, 01:36 AM
The character that worked for me up against Shao Khan was Sub-Zero.

Just freeze him, the duck freeze one and uppercut him, before freezing him again....he normally has no chance to attack back....

Liquorj
02-04-2008, 04:38 AM
Thanks again. Yeah i still haven't beet Shao Kahn, and I agree with most people on that it seems a lot harder than I remember it. oh well, I'll get back on it tommorrow and hopefully whoop him...

ZephyR187
03-20-2008, 11:05 PM
beat noob very easily last night. He kept going for the sweep kick but i kept pressing LP and it worked. Lost the first round then I won two straight rounds by some sort of glitch, that allows me to keep punching him. works like a charm:woop:

BidFarewell
04-24-2008, 04:02 PM
Looks like Sub-Zero is definately the best to beat Shao Kahn with. Uppercut + freezing before he has the chance to get back up = ace. Does take a few go's to get it (1 hour for me. lol) but it is a good strategy.

BL33DtheDREAM
05-25-2008, 07:36 PM
Shao Kahn is a freaking pain...over an hour and still nothing..lol.

DarkKokoro84
06-22-2008, 05:07 AM
omg thank you for this,im sittin here like WTF why's it not working ,fonally im done with this game!!!YAY

joshuazero29
07-09-2008, 05:40 AM
cyrax for shao kahn seemed to be the best for me. net buttless-chap wearing tard then do his hp-hp-hk-hy-hk-hk combo to take of an easy 19%. took me like 3 tries with that lovely little cyborg.

RizlaFino420
10-10-2008, 08:21 AM
what a cheap ass way for midway to end their game. Shao Khan is the cheapest fighter in the history of fighting games. i wish i would have bought SF II or soul caliber now. the guy has 4 moves total and they all take off ungodly amounts of health. i remember playing this in the arcade when it came out but those were mostly you and some some guy at the pizza parlor battling it out... and you had to wait your turn to play. there was no way you were gonna get to play story mode! and then i got it on SNES when it came out and played it all the way through but it was no where near as hard as this. 50 cents a game for this. the only way to beat the jerk is to play cheap and freeze him over and over again. and with the crappy d-pad on the xbox 360 controller its a pain in the butt to play this game at all. what a waste of ten bucks. i hope midway DOES go under.

Iv VeNoM vI
12-11-2008, 01:04 AM
Lp worked for me but i had already beaten him with smoke :)

xandrew87x
01-03-2009, 09:58 AM
Like everyone else I thought it was BS when I saw the post about the LP thing but tried it and now I have my achievement, a BIG thanks to whoever found out that lil trick :)

dj32milli
01-08-2009, 12:39 PM
i had this for mega drive (genesis) and i dont remember shao kahn being such a pain! It isnt helped by the worst d-pad ever grrrr!

But any way,
My strategy hasnt changed for montaro and kahn since the sega days pick subzero:
Montaro:Jump kick the crap out of him and dont stand still.
Kahn:Freeze then uprecut-keep doing till hes toast (Still took me over an hour cos hes such a pain in the ass doing that stupid fireball over and over-and the freeze move is a pain to do on the d-pad-i want my sega controller!)
Noob:jus do the lp glitch-all i did was stand still and hit a rapidly like ur suppossed to easiest 25g in an age.

T0b3
01-10-2009, 12:52 AM
Yes, I finally beat Shao Kahn.. thank you guys for your tips and suggestions..

I used the left corner-method with uppercuts.. worked best to me.. the << A and Uppercut with Scorpion or Smoke never worked since he always got up earlier and shot his green thingy at me.

I didn't need a guide for Montaro, though.

Now I'm gonna boost the last 3 achievements with a buddy so I can put UMK3 on my 200/200-List : D

Moonshine
01-11-2009, 12:21 PM
confirmed, sub-zero is tha man to take down noob saibot and shao khan, took me ages to get the last achievement, specialy cause i like to play kabal, very frustrating when you have to learn how to play a new char in the finals ...

thefonz1986
03-28-2009, 05:53 PM

lata

worked like a CHARM!!!! thank u thank u!!

Double O Slevin
03-29-2009, 09:23 AM
Took me a few tries, but, the LP glitch did work! Good work on the fine, and thank you.

Goose B Buckin
06-05-2009, 04:39 PM
Here is how I beat Noob, Motaro, and Shao

Noob - Get to him using the 8 player tournament mode, but as soon as you get to him unplug your connection to Live, make sure you are playing offline, because the game has been patched now, and the (Low Punch) method will not work if you are connected onto XBOX Live. While offline as soon as the match begins just tap (LP = A) as fast as possible and don't do anything else, eventually as Noob goes in for his leg sweep, he will be caught in a glitch, where you can easily keep punching him until you beat him.

Motaro - I beat Motaro with Scorpion, I found it the easiest to jump towards him, and hit (X X) jump away from him, and jump towards him again with the X X combo.

Shao - as soon as the match begins (you should be on the left side) jump all the way to the back, until you are against the wall, and wait for him to get close and uppercut him, after hitting him, he should charge and hit you, but uppercut him again, but he might shoot a green energy ball or something towards you, if he does happen to catch you with one of these, upon uppercutting him the next time, run towards him and uppercut him before he gets up.

Good luck, and if anyone is wanting to get the online achievements just PM me, and I'll help you get them all.

Goose B Buckin = 200G on UMK3

Suave Vampire
06-07-2009, 09:08 AM
This strategy didn't work at all for me.
A bit of advice noob saibot is easily defeated by using kano simply keep tapping A and he should get caught in a glitch where u can easily win.

Kasugano
06-22-2009, 07:15 AM
Well, Got to noob and as soon as I spam LP for 10 seconds, he just comes up and leg sweeps. Tried again and did the same thing till he killed me. I just got the game and it never asked to update. I unplugged the machine before Shao Kahn. Was scorpion.

MrGuitarZombie
06-30-2009, 10:26 PM
Shao Kahn is a douche.. Everytime i use Scorpion's spear move he counters witht he fucking green orb thing! :mad: Every method i try sucks and i can never beat him! My fucking gamerscore is messed up and i need to beat the tourny to even my score up but this douche will never die!

turtle314
08-17-2009, 11:48 PM
This is a update to the original i am not trying to take this forum from whoever started to write it just trying to help if the original person who put this up wants me to take it down let me know and i will gladly do so

okay look i spent 3 hours last night trying to put up how to beat noob saibot for people who have been trying forever broken 3 controllers and broke a hand lol okay you can either do this legit or with the 8 player tournament mode. to do it legit use robot smoke beat everyone now to beat
Motaro front flip press x twice u will punch him 2 times then do a front flip over his head motaro will then turn around and hit x twice again keep doing this and u will beat him.
Shao Khan any time a round is about to start hold block if he knees up in the air do a uppercut and right there u have advantage. now if he throws his green orb and u are far away from him go underground by pressing forward forward b u hit him.then as soon as u hit him underground press back back a then do smokes 8 hit combo not gonna write the combo until someone replies they need to know what it is. just repeat on shao khan and u will beat him

Noob Saibot
I did this on tournament mode to confirm u can get the achievement for it for tournament mode whichever gamer card u are trying to get the achievement for have that person be smoke ever single time when u select ur character and just beat the tournament mode with smoke. Now pick the bolded 3 or everyone calls it the backwards e i think it is fourth or fifth selectin from the left to right. now when battling noob i was looking at the glitch where u press the low punch button and hope noob gets caught in the glitch but i use that to my advantage. Every single time the round started and trust me this took me 10 to 20 tries. start the round pressing low punch as fast as u can then noob will eventually come to u he might jump he might run but keep hitting low punch button even if he hits u as soon as u get up resume hitting the low punch button at one point he is going to sweep kick u and then immediately jump in the air as soon as u get sweep kicked immediately hit forward forward b so u go underground which is what i like to call it u will automatically hit him then do the smoke version of get over here by pressing back back a then proceed with the combo now sometimes when he does the leg sweep he might not jump in the air he might stay on the ground and if u go underground he will block and he will uppercut u so be careful. but keep the pattern going when he sweep kicks u and he jumps in the air keep the doing the set up that is bolded a little above and u will get the achievement but u have to beat him two rounds so just plug away and u will eventually get the achievement if u follow this method any other questions just ask i hope this is helpful thank u

dynamik123
10-08-2009, 12:56 AM
I was able to beat Motaro easily, but Shao Kahn, fuck him. I played for about an hour, trying to get uppercuts, then attempting to do the smoke trick (but he keeps blocking or projectiling the shit out of me, which breaks my grip and does a lot of damage, everytime I try to spear him). Also tried just blaining him with combos, but still no luck, because his retaliations are a bitch. Guess my reflexes just aren't up to speed.

RazgriZ FX
12-25-2009, 11:08 AM
I'm going to try what turtle suggested later but for now I'm done with MK3 for a few days, just overcoming the torture of Shao Kahn was enough.

Had a few attempts at noob saibot & its just irritating, the lp glitch doesn't work thats for sure as its been said "the glitch has been fixed".

xI VARSITY
12-28-2009, 03:04 PM
all of you got this achievement by pure fluke, not one of you has a definate stratergy for defeting Shao Kahn, I have tried every possible way to kill this fucker and none of your methods work, not one, because of the Unblockable punch he does that pushes you into the corner and then he unloads on you when you're stunned.

newbsicle
01-22-2010, 06:20 AM
I can't beat Shao Kahn for anything. I read the guide and have it down and know exactly what he's going to do but there's nothing I can do to stop it. The back, back, (A) uppercut only works for the first round win. After that he charges and just rapes me with 5 hits.

Edit: I beat him by pure luck. Took him out first round like I always do then was able to throw the spear at him three times in a row right after he had done a green ball attack in the second round. Was down and my fingers just started doing the walking instead of my brain and ta-da!

E vee dub
02-11-2010, 07:41 AM
Noob - Use the 8 player tournament mode, but as soon as you get to him, unplug your connection to Live, make sure you are playing offline, because the game has been patched now, and the (Low Punch) method will not work if you are connected onto XBOX Live. While offline as soon as the match begins just tap (LP = A) as fast as possible and don't do anything else, eventually as Noob goes in for his leg sweep, he will be caught in a glitch, where you can easily keep punching him until you beat him.
---------------------------------------------
I tried this method and it works great. Thanks for letting us know to unplug the ethernet cable.
Only, one problem. The achievement doesn't unlock.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/achievements/145/0Tc8P2Nj.jpg Beat the Noob! 25 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/site/gp-g.jpg
Beat the hidden character, Noob Saibot while playing the CPU.

To unlock this achievement:
1. Start the fight with Noob,
2. Pause and unlplug the XBox Live cable.
3. Now beat Noob and immediately pause, then plug your cable back in.
4. Sign back in to XBox Live. Then unpause your game. When it goes to the next screen, achievement will unlock. Congrats.

Update: Another gamer says this may no longer work. It worked in Feb 2010 when I did it. I was excited, so that's why I posted this. Sucks if it's moot now. Good luck everyone, because I really hate fighting games.

ULTIMATE MORTAL KOMBAT 3 ... 200/200G

PsycoSnowman
02-16-2010, 07:15 PM
Here is how I beat Noob, Motaro, and Shao

Noob - Get to him using the 8 player tournament mode, but as soon as you get to him unplug your connection to Live, make sure you are playing offline, because the game has been patched now, and the (Low Punch) method will not work if you are connected onto XBOX Live. While offline as soon as the match begins just tap (LP = A) as fast as possible and don't do anything else, eventually as Noob goes in for his leg sweep, he will be caught in a glitch, where you can easily keep punching him until you beat him.

Motaro - I beat Motaro with Scorpion, I found it the easiest to jump towards him, and hit (X X) jump away from him, and jump towards him again with the X X combo.

Shao - as soon as the match begins (you should be on the left side) jump all the way to the back, until you are against the wall, and wait for him to get close and uppercut him, after hitting him, he should charge and hit you, but uppercut him again, but he might shoot a green energy ball or something towards you, if he does happen to catch you with one of these, upon uppercutting him the next time, run towards him and uppercut him before he gets up.

Good luck, and if anyone is wanting to get the online achievements just PM me, and I'll help you get them all.

Goose B Buckin = 200G on UMK3

If you are still boosting add me on Xbox Live, (GT: PsycoSnowman) and we can try it whenever we are both online. I need all the achievements, thanks in advance.

SniPRO Elite
02-25-2010, 02:32 AM
thanks to the person that posted the LP glitch, i beat saibot with a flawless victory x2. And peacesquid's method to beating shao kahn worked! Took me about 30 mins but I got the achievement nonetheless.

K R 3 B S 09
03-26-2010, 02:52 PM
KKAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!

is fucking impossible

l3orecl
03-26-2010, 10:53 PM
LP'ing Noob w/ Subzero = best trick ever. Just need to do ranked matches (joy)

Scrapdaddy
09-02-2010, 11:21 PM
lata

I started playing this back in October of 2006 and got everything but this achievement. I don't even know why I thought about it but I figured lets check to see if anyone has any ideas on how to beat this guy so I can finally finish this game and sure enough I run across this gem. Worked the very first time just like you described it and if anyone still doesnt have this achievement, this method took all of 6 minutes total. A much belated thanks!

Stollykin
03-05-2011, 08:55 PM
Edit: Just beat it! Good luck to those who want to finish this game, it just takes practice.

THE D ZASTA
03-20-2011, 03:23 PM
Just beat Noob this morning, and I can confirm that the LP glitch has not been fixed it worked perfectly and I got two flawless victories from it.

Killerspieler
03-21-2011, 01:36 AM
Kahn isn't that hard. I redownloaded MK yesterday and give a try. After 15min. of Kahn's Ownage it tried Sheeva with an constant combination of X+A (3hit Combo) + a lil bit of jumping and blocking. Sometimes Kahn's comes in a situation where he's shooting those green energyballs, nonstop. Thats when u could beat him up;)

TheUglyCasanova
04-05-2011, 11:32 PM
I seem to be the only one who had problems with Motara's cheating ass. He literally teleported 40 times in a row to the point I was just jumping around until the match timer almost expired.

I did finally beat him with a pretty nice little trick with Scorpion though. Jump at him and mash X, if done right scorpion will hit him in the face once, magically appear on the ground and get in two hits with his axe doing pretty good damage, and if you do it fast enough you can stop him from being a bitch and teleporting around everywhere.

I love how shitty the AI is that they just have to make the game insanely cheap to feel difficult. So sad.

Xenomrph
04-21-2011, 11:46 AM
---------------------------------------------
I tried this method and it works great. Thanks for letting us know to unplug the ethernet cable.
Only, one problem. The achievement doesn't unlock.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/achievements/145/0Tc8P2Nj.jpg Beat the Noob! 25 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/site/gp-g.jpg
Beat the hidden character, Noob Saibot while playing the CPU.

To unlock this achievement:
1. Start the fight with Noob,
2. Pause and unlplug the XBox Live cable.
3. Now beat Noob and immediately pause, then plug your cable back in.
4. Sign back in to XBox Live. Then unpause your game. When it goes to the next screen, achievement will unlock. Congrats.

I tried this method and the moment I unplugged my Ethernet cable it popped up and prompted me to buy the full version of the game, and then that warning went away the moment I plugged the cable back in and signed back into XBL. What am I doing wrong?

E vee dub
05-03-2011, 10:05 AM
I tried this method and the moment I unplugged my Ethernet cable it popped up and prompted me to buy the full version of the game, and then that warning went away the moment I plugged the cable back in and signed back into XBL. What am I doing wrong?

Maybe it's possible that XBox Live has cracked down on this somehow. I don't know why it would say to buy the game if you already have.
I know that method I posted worked for me, but I can't say much more if the system has changed.
Keep posting and maybe someone else who is currently working on the game can help. Good luck!

ULTIMATE MORTAL KOMBAT 3 ... 200/200G

Chathams Finest
05-16-2011, 03:50 PM
What I did to beat shao kahn was pick Stryker. He is small enough that the green projectile he shoots at you will go over your head when your crouch blocking. Thus he comes in with his flying knee more often...Not a perfect formula but it wokred for me.

Hyuzeni Pattasan
05-04-2012, 06:06 AM
Motaro and Shao Khan is no problem for me. But Noob Saibot is really annoying. I lost against him like 7 or more times then finally I beat this noob by using Smoke.

Zombspawn
01-25-2014, 09:34 PM
Tad is excite for beating Shao Kahn on Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 - YouTube

Here's a video of me beating Shao Kahn by harpoon, jumping over, harpoon, jumping over, harpoon, etc. if anyone still needs help.

And yeah I was happy for beating him for my live viewers in my channel lol