PDA

View Full Version : Ranked games vs 2 players

DmAuViIrD
12-18-2008, 02:14 AM
Thought I'd share a story

The other night i was going for my shut the door achievement. i noticed that the other team had 2 players on it. I thought this was odd. proceed with the game and won 6-0 got the achievement :woop: (the 2 of them only managed 8 shots). But the other player wasn't happy at all. Repeatedly saying a phrase that used the letter F Y (sorry if offensive) and asking why u go goalie in ranked game, i tried to reason with him but he wouldn't listen. So being the nice guy i am, i suggested a rematch and they accepted (and chose the Montreal historic team) i responded with Canada.
first period i scored. and they scored via one of their players going to net and the other standing next to the goalie and you guessed it easy goal. 3rd period i scored off a deflection. 12 seconds left in the game they did the exact same thing as before and scored. In OT a goalie mistake by my goalie handed them the game.

I was okay with losing the game but this is what ticked me off. These "2" acted like they won the Stanley cup. and wouldn't listen to my response off it was 2 vs 1 and you guys should of won by 6. and then the swearing came back and repeatedly saying i suck (who got shut out the game before with only 8 shots and could only score goals when their 2 controlled players where next to the net The answer: They did, so who sucks now boys.

Sorry the bold bit was childish

So now this is off my chest, i was wondering have any other user played against 2 people in a ranked game and if so how did you go.

ejbadger
12-19-2008, 03:44 PM
They can sign in as guests on a particular xbox console. It's happened to me many times. I find it a bit harder to manuver around two humans as compared to a human/cpu counterpart. Tough break man.

Alex171
12-20-2008, 08:31 AM
yeah there two guys on the same xbox. most of the time when there will be one average player and one horrible player. but if they both know what there doing, your in for an uphill battle.

TheWings977
12-20-2008, 04:58 PM
That's kinda cheap if you ask me, and a Guest shouldn't be able to sign in unless it's Unranked because it being Ranked just ruins the game and pretty much guarentees a loss.

Buckswana
12-30-2008, 03:45 AM
That sucks, but little to do with the number of people, more to do with their attitude. I have a friend who I often play with online when he comes by, and we have a blast, win or lose. We try to play against other teams of 2, but it's not always possible. Ranked or not is not much of an issue to me, since I'm not playing against anyone ranked inside the top 10000 most of the time anyway, and vs. ranking doesn't affect any achievements.

TheWings977
12-31-2008, 05:57 AM
Your rank still goes up though.