PDA

View Full Version : Achievement Guide Work In Progress

Thunder cg
12-18-2008, 10:25 AM
Hi guys this is my first achievement guide so here goes.
A note on practice mode the enemys won't shoot back

http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/2U/HP/0oCLiGJhbC9FFQUcXVZRGEQ0L2FjaC8wLzEAAAAA5+fn-eBBwg==.jpgFirst Stage 10G
Just play any stage at any of the difficulties on any of the games.

http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/bE/ju/0ICLiGJhbC9GFQUcXVZRGEQ0L2FjaC8wLzIAAAAA5+fn-8FIdw==.jpgCompleted (RF1) 20G
Set game to normal mode, any difficulties continues can be set to free play.

http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/-7/AO/0YCLiGJhbC9HFQUcXVZRGEQ0L2FjaC8wLzMAAAAA5+fn-iGw5A==.jpgCompleted (RF2) 20G

http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/Bl/us/1ICLiGJhbC9AFQUcXVZRGEQ0L2FjaC8wLzQAAAAA5+fn+4NbHQ ==.jpgCompleted (RFJ) 20G

The one coin achievements can be gotten at the same time as completeing each individual game.

http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/la/NM/1YCLiGJhbC9BFQUcXVZRGEQ0L2FjaC8wLzUAAAAA5+fn+mOjjg ==.jpgOne coin (RF1) 50G
See One coin RFJ

http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/IK/pt/14CLiGJhbC9CFQUcXVZRGEQ0L2FjaC8wLzYAAAAA5+fn+EKqOw ==.jpgOne coin (RF2) 50G
See One coin RFJ

http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/s1/KN/1oCLiGJhbC9DFQUcXVZRGEQ0L2FjaC8wLzcAAAAA5+fn+aJSqA ==.jpgOne coin (RFJ) 50G
Set game to normal mode, any difficulties continues can be set to free play,
Just set the difficulty to practice.
The only danger you will have is flying into enemys as they won't shoot if you have practice mode on.

http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/vU/aq/1YCLiGJhbC9MFQUcXVZRGEQ0L2FjaC8wLzgAAAAA5+fn+oVGpg ==.jpgBoss Rush Mode (RF1) 40G
See Boss rush mode (RFJ)

http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/Lr/5K/1ICLiGJhbC9NFQUcXVZRGEQ0L2FjaC8wLzkAAAAA5+fn+2W+NQ ==.jpgBoss Rush Mode (RF2) 40G
See Boss rush mode (RFJ)

http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/71/P0/14CLiGJhbC81FQUcXVZRGEQ0L2FjaC8wL0EAAAAA5+fn+NtT9A ==.jpgBoss Rush Mode (RFJ) 40G
Select Boss rush mode in any of the games put continues up and set to practice
Boss rush is a good place to learn boss patterns for when you are going for those high scores.

http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/Wl/rV/1YCLiGJhbC82FQUcXVZRGEQ0L2FjaC8wL0IAAAAA5+fn+vpaQQ ==.jpgExpert Mode (RF1) 40G
See Expert Mode (RFJ)

http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/ya/I1/1ICLiGJhbC83FQUcXVZRGEQ0L2FjaC8wL0MAAAAA5+fn+xqi0g ==.jpgExpert Mode (RF2) 40G
See Expert Mode (RFJ)

http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/ME/mX/0YCLiGJhbC8wFQUcXVZRGEQ0L2FjaC8wL0QAAAAA5+fn-rhJKw==.jpgExpert Mode (RFJ) 40G
This is not as hard as it sounds, the first raiden fighters is the easiest the only trouble is
when you get to the last stage if you lose all of your lives the stage starts over.
The trick to doing this is plug a second controller in and press start when you are about to run out of lives this will give you extra goes.

http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/o7/F3/0ICLiGJhbC8xFQUcXVZRGEQ0L2FjaC8wL0UAAAAA5+fn-1ixuA==.jpgScore 10,000,000 30G
See Score 100,000,000

http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/Fr/hW/0oCLiGJhbC8yFQUcXVZRGEQ0L2FjaC8wL0YAAAAA5+fn-Xm4DQ==.jpgScore 50,000,000 40G
See Score 100,000,000

http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/D8/+6/1ICLiGJhbC9ECxoDGl1TVkQ0L2FjaC8wLzEwAAAAAOfn5-uVzxM=.jpgScore 100,000,000 50G
I would say easiest done on raiden fighters jet start off by collecting medals until 1 is hovering in front of you then guide that across all of the other medals that appear on screen. This will cause the medal in front of you to grow, keep doing this until it changes into an eagle this will give you a massive bonus of 2,048,000 if collected to change the medals into glowing gold, if you can get nine medals on the screen at once, they will explode, and any subsequent medals will be large gold ones worth 10,000 points each. You can also increase the value of those medals by collecting them all (not missing any), up to 100,000 points each.

Also if you happen to have the bonus DVD the game came with watch that, because you can get massive score mulitplers depending on how you move around the bullets if done right your ship will make a little humming noise, but as of yet i can not get it to work aswell as the kid who is playing in the DVD, when this method is mastered it will be possible to achieve the 100,000,000 after 5 stages.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/542/UP2EboA=.jpg Friendship 10
Just plug 2 controllers in and play any stage,any game and set to practice.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/542/UP+lZzU=.jpg Miclus Hunter 30G
The best place i found to collect these, is on the second stage of raiden fighters jet set to pratice.
Early on in the level there will be big circluar gun turrets 3 in all. If you hover over these for a couple of seconds, they will explode and you will be left with a miclus to collect, repeat this.They also often appear in score attack.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/542/UP5Fn6Y=.jpg Fairy Guardian 30G
On the second stage of raiden fighters jet. Near the end of the level, there is a large, silver, metal object in the middle of the screen running vertically along the railroad tracks. The top of the object is a suspended metal bar that runs from left to right. Hover above the left side of the bar, then fly back and forth in a straight line from one end of the bar to the other. It should blow up, revealing about 10 Fairies.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/542/UPvndF8=.jpg Medal Collector 30G

milkycha
12-23-2008, 07:32 AM
For the One Coin achievements just set difficulty to Practice.

For the Almost Master achievement, you need to almost get hit by bullets. This is called scraping, and you'll see little sparkles around your ship when you're scraping the bullets.

Mightymango
01-02-2009, 01:22 PM
Ahh, thats the almost master, I've been trying to figure that one out.

Chrome30
05-10-2009, 02:51 AM
I got one of the secret achievements...just play for 1 hour and it will pop. I forget the name of it, but just play 1 hour and you too shall have it.

Score achievements are glitchy...I got 10,000,000 on several occasions and it didn't pop. the game is fairly easy, but the secret achievements are tricky.

Chrome30
05-10-2009, 02:54 AM
Oh and almost master is for getting bonus points...beat the game without losing a life and you will get a "special bonus" after you beat the game, right before the credits run. Score a total of 10,000,000 and the achievement will unlock. I don't know what all this talk about "Scraping" and whatnot, but I don't think that is how you will get it. Beat it without losing a life and get some special bonus points. Easiest way to do it is set up a game and put it to Practice (nothing shoots at you) and have it on normal. You will easily beat it without a death and capture some "special Bonus" points. Good luck.

Lucent Beam
05-10-2009, 02:55 AM
The secret achievements are listed under the Japanese version on this site.

In other news..... my boyfriend moved my save today with his gamertag, this disabling my progress for the time achievements, the bonus points, my fairies, and my Miclus. AWESOME. I'm ridiculously bummed. Now it feels like a total waste of time. UGH.

Chrome30
05-10-2009, 03:54 AM
Nice, good heads up =) I will check on that now. Thanks!

joshnorm
05-10-2009, 02:54 PM
So is anyone going to be picking this bad boy up and finishing it off?

Also anyone have an idea how to get to the final boss in Raiden Fighters J/II? I got it on one of them but can't figure out how to get the other one

ErinEsurance
05-10-2009, 05:55 PM
So is anyone going to be picking this bad boy up and finishing it off?

Also anyone have an idea how to get to the final boss in Raiden Fighters J/II? I got it on one of them but can't figure out how to get the other one

I'd like to know this as well. I got the Final Boss achievement for Raiden Fighters II no problem, but the one for Jet won't unlock for some reason. Have beaten Jet like 3-4 times now, to no avail.

F Swan
05-10-2009, 11:33 PM
The secret achievements are listed under the Japanese version on this site.

In other news..... my boyfriend moved my save today with his gamertag, this disabling my progress for the time achievements, the bonus points, my fairies, and my Miclus. AWESOME. I'm ridiculously bummed. Now it feels like a total waste of time. UGH.

I'm going to be getting this and other shooters soon, just purchased a Japanese 360 ... so your saying that if I move my gamertag to my J 360 play a game then afterwards I want to play a UK game so i move my gamertag back, then I'll lose my progess for achievements????
Well that really sucks.
Glad I read your post though, and I'm sorry that you had to find out the hard way.

joshnorm
05-11-2009, 12:10 AM
I'm going to be getting this and other shooters soon, just purchased a Japanese 360 ... so your saying that if I move my gamertag to my J 360 play a game then afterwards I want to play a UK game so i move my gamertag back, then I'll lose my progess for achievements????
Well that really sucks.
Glad I read your post though, and I'm sorry that you had to find out the hard way.

No I think that she was saying that she moved her save to her HD or to a Memory card so then it voids the times, etc. due to the counter that is on there.

Also if you take your tag on a NCTJ console and back to your regular you will be fine. I don't think you can share saves though (Raiden Fighter Aces J and your Euro version will need different ones)

I could be wrong

F Swan
05-11-2009, 01:01 AM
No I think that she was saying that she moved her save to her HD or to a Memory card so then it voids the times, etc. due to the counter that is on there.

Also if you take your tag on a NCTJ console and back to your regular you will be fine. I don't think you can share saves though (Raiden Fighter Aces J and your Euro version will need different ones)

I could be wrong

Ahhh, thank goodness! :) Thats a relief otherwise I'd be reluctant to play UK games after playing a Japanese game lol. Thanks :)

Lucent Beam
05-11-2009, 01:14 AM
Well that really sucks.

No, the problem was that he used HIS gamertag to move MY save file (which had been saved under my gamertag Lucent Beam). If you move or copy a save file using a different gamertag than the one the save file belongs to, it will change the owner to that different gamertag and disable all achievements for that save file.

I move my save files all the time between my HD and memory unit... but I'm not ever stupid enough to use a DIFFERENT gamertag to do it... unfortunately I can't say the same about my boyfriend.... so then "my" save was gone and it said the file was for his gamertag. Even if I used my gamertag to "re-own" the file.. achievements are already disabled for it.

joshnorm
05-11-2009, 05:55 AM
No, the problem was that he used HIS gamertag to move MY save file (which had been saved under my gamertag Lucent Beam). If you move or copy a save file using a different gamertag than the one the save file belongs to, it will change the owner to that different gamertag and disable all achievements for that save file.

I move my save files all the time between my HD and memory unit... but I'm not ever stupid enough to use a DIFFERENT gamertag to do it... unfortunately I can't say the same about my boyfriend.... so then "my" save was gone and it said the file was for his gamertag. Even if I used my gamertag to "re-own" the file.. achievements are already disabled for it.

wow sorry about that.

Laorik
05-11-2009, 10:03 PM
So i was in a chat last night with my friend and he told me about an amazingly easy way he found to get Medal Collector and Almost Master.

Medal Collector- Go into training mode on RFJ and set your ships stats to max everything (for ease) and set medal options too all max. i.e. normal medal to 31 and x-medal to 100,000. Then choose a level like level 2 (since it has alot of medals) and just dominate and collect medals on practices difficulty. As long as you don't get hit by planes then every medal you collect will be worth 100k and count for the achievement. It took me about 2 times through level 2 after starting this to get my achievement to pop (but i don't know how many I had before that so it could take more)

Almost Master- using training mode on RFJ again, boost your fighters and bombs number to 99 and choose fairy as a character. Set enemy fire to 100% and difficulty to expert. Then go into the last, level Real Battle phase 2 + Final Boss, and simply move to the back of the map and just constanly press the bomb button. While Fairy's is in her bomb shooting mode, she actually absorbs bullets for points and they count for the almost master achievement. It took me about 1 1/2 play throughs of the level to get Almost Master.

I've done both of these in this fashion myself and can confirm that they work. Hope this helps some people!

MrBubbles89
05-11-2009, 11:19 PM
Here are the secret achievements:

Final Boss (RF2) - 50 Points
Win against the Final Boss (RF2, NORMAL Mode, any difficulties)

Final Boss (RFJ) - 50 Points
Win against the Final Boss (RFJ, NORMAL Mode, any difficulties)

Shot Down - 0 Points
Shot down 256 times (through the games, not counted the times of Game Over)

Playing 1h. Over - 10 Points
Play for more than 1 hour

Playing 12h. Over - 10 Points
Play for more than 12 hours

Playing 24h. Over - 10 Points
Play for more than 24 hours

Playing 48h. Over - 10 Points
Play for more than 48 hours

Playing 96h. Over - 10 Points
Play for more than 96 hours

Lucent Beam
05-12-2009, 02:11 AM
Thanks for the tip on Almost Master!!! Worked like a charm! I turned it up to Expert mode because there are more bullets on screen and I got the achievement in no time.

joshnorm
05-12-2009, 04:14 AM
Almost master worked like a charm.

So anyone get to that True Boss for Raiden Fighter Jet? Or how about how do you get to the real levels non-simulation? I went through and beat the game without dying on both Medium and Practice with nothing. Got over 50 million points but can never get to the other 2 or three levels (which I am sure will make it easier to get the other point achievements....)

Any help?

discostu1337
05-12-2009, 05:04 AM
killing the final boss in RFJ must be glitched or something....I have beaten the game 3 times, once on full run and nothing :(

joshnorm
05-12-2009, 05:10 AM
killing the final boss in RFJ must be glitched or something....I have beaten the game 3 times, once on full run and nothing :(

Nooooo, I hope its not. This game is too damn good to have a mistake like that in it. Did you fight the Red Eye or the ship deal that sends off the missile when you take it down?

How did you get to the regular levels? I have gone through without dying like I thought I read somewhere and got thanks for playing strive for better things...blah, blah, blah

Laorik
05-12-2009, 05:34 AM
Almost master worked like a charm.

So anyone get to that True Boss for Raiden Fighter Jet? Or how about how do you get to the real levels non-simulation? I went through and beat the game without dying on both Medium and Practice with nothing. Got over 50 million points but can never get to the other 2 or three levels (which I am sure will make it easier to get the other point achievements....)

Any help?

I was only able to get to the real battle phases by playing the game mode Full Run. It's another one after Expert that is only on RFJ. Not sure if the "final" boss only shows up there. Still haven't gotten it yet.

Edit: Actually i don't remember if I played the real phase battles in my normal run. It was a while back. But i wouldn't be surprised if the "final" only shows up in full run.

muffinmastergw2
05-12-2009, 05:44 AM

i dont think you can move saves using a different gt... o think u can only delete them by deleting the whole profile

joshnorm
05-12-2009, 01:54 PM
i dont think you can move saves using a different gt... o think u can only delete them by deleting the whole profile

It depends on if they use a back up tool. So if they have their saves on the PC using a transfer kit to make room on the HD then yea you can accidently move it on the wrong card. which would void everything

joshnorm
05-12-2009, 01:56 PM
I was only able to get to the real battle phases by playing the game mode Full Run. It's another one after Expert that is only on RFJ. Not sure if the "final" boss only shows up there. Still haven't gotten it yet.

Edit: Actually i don't remember if I played the real phase battles in my normal run. It was a while back. But i wouldn't be surprised if the "final" only shows up in full run.

Okay going to give this a shot tonight.

Any tips on getting the higher scores? I keep coming close to the 50 mark but just miss out (I think I need the extra few levels in Raiden Fighter Jet)

I wish more SHUMPS were released over here. I want Death Smiles damn in or Raiden IV. I have caught the bug and don't want to go get a JP console...

muffinmastergw2
05-12-2009, 03:05 PM
okay i have a few things you can feel free to add to this guide if you would like...

first, the final boss achievements.

i got these both today by simply playing through RF2 and RFJ during practice mode. I am not sure if there is a requirement to unlock the bosses, but i pretty much destroyed everything in the game and had a huge score at the end. i have one replay saved if anyone wants to look at it.

Expert Mode

there is an option in the options screen that allows you to turn off/on the option of restarting from the beginning of the final stage. I found this out through reading the manual. it is on page 10.

taken from manual...

"Final Mission: Leaving this option ON means you'll always return to the beginning of the level when you continue on the last mission of a game. Try turning it off to make the last mission a bit easier."

High Score Achievements

Okay, I haven't done these yet, but again, there are tips in the instruction manual.

Taken from "Tips and Secrets" section on page 11. "X-Medals: These medals become available in the later levels of RF1 and 2. In RFJ, however, there is a specific process to getting them to appear. First, make sure you have at least one Slave fighter accompanying you. Get a medal to follow you and use it to gather up other medals, letting the medal get bigger and bigger. Once it grows large enough, it will become an Eagle Medal. It will look different and not have a color like the smaller medals. Once this medal appears, grab it! Not only is it worth 2,024,000 points, it's the first step to collecting X-Medals. Once the Eagle has been collected, stop collecting medals until at least 9 medals are onscreen at the same time. Just wait a moment and they'll all explode. Once they do, all medals from that point on will be X-Medals!"

Apparently you can also change the point values for medals in the options for RF2 and RFJ, so this may help (as long as it doesnt disable achievements)

there you go, hope this stuff helps

Mightymango
05-12-2009, 07:52 PM
For the REAL final boss achievement you have to use the Raiden ship. You can do it on Practice mode. At least that is what I did on the Japanese version.

Thanks for the tip on the Almost Master, I can finally get that one in both versions.

Lucent Beam
05-12-2009, 09:01 PM

Haha, what?
Yes, you can, as my story clearly just explained. You just log in as a different gamertag... and move the save file. But it changes the "owner" to that new gamertag, and disables achievements.

Isn't it a little bizarre to respond to a post that told the story of what actually happened with "I don't think you can do it." I mean... it happened: I just explained that it did. Plus, I would think it's common knowledge to be aware that save files can be moved between storage devices, and that any gamertag could move them (though some people may not realize that not using the original owner will disable achievement.)

And you absolutely can delete individual save files. And even if you delete the gamertag's profile off the hard drive, it will still list that save, but it will show it as being from an unknown gamertag or something... and when you either recover that gamertag or move it back onto the Xbox, it will "remember" again who owns that save file.

joshnorm
05-13-2009, 01:23 AM
Got the Raiden Fighter Jet Achievement:

I followed this guide from Kill Scuzzy J at TA.com

difficulty: practice (no one shoots at you, just don't crash into anything)

ship: whatever you are most comfortable with, but I found the slave/ fairy's powered up weapon to effectively kill everything on the screen

mode: NORMAL (you can fight the boss in Full Run and Training, but the achv will not pop).

Medals: OFF (your score won't be as high, but without them on the screen I found it a lot less "cluttered" and was able to kill just about every enemy on every level).

Your progression should go 5, 10, 15, 30, 45 (or 50), then "real battle mode" Phase 1, Phase 2 (at the end of which you fight a tank boss, then a plane takes off and you fight it (achv pops), then you shoot down the missile (game ends). If you get the message "this level was difficult for you" you are screwed and might as well start over.

The best thing to do is make sure that you dont lose a life. And kill everything on screen (hence why the Fairy is great for this)

I just got it two minutes ago.

joshnorm
05-13-2009, 01:26 AM
okay i have a few things you can feel free to add to this guide if you would like...

first, the final boss achievements.

i got these both today by simply playing through RF2 and RFJ during practice mode. I am not sure if there is a requirement to unlock the bosses, but i pretty much destroyed everything in the game and had a huge score at the end. i have one replay saved if anyone wants to look at it.

Expert Mode

there is an option in the options screen that allows you to turn off/on the option of restarting from the beginning of the final stage. I found this out through reading the manual. it is on page 10.

taken from manual...

"Final Mission: Leaving this option ON means you'll always return to the beginning of the level when you continue on the last mission of a game. Try turning it off to make the last mission a bit easier."

High Score Achievements

Okay, I haven't done these yet, but again, there are tips in the instruction manual.

Taken from "Tips and Secrets" section on page 11. "X-Medals: These medals become available in the later levels of RF1 and 2. In RFJ, however, there is a specific process to getting them to appear. First, make sure you have at least one Slave fighter accompanying you. Get a medal to follow you and use it to gather up other medals, letting the medal get bigger and bigger. Once it grows large enough, it will become an Eagle Medal. It will look different and not have a color like the smaller medals. Once this medal appears, grab it! Not only is it worth 2,024,000 points, it's the first step to collecting X-Medals. Once the Eagle has been collected, stop collecting medals until at least 9 medals are onscreen at the same time. Just wait a moment and they'll all explode. Once they do, all medals from that point on will be X-Medals!"

Apparently you can also change the point values for medals in the options for RF2 and RFJ, so this may help (as long as it doesnt disable achievements)

there you go, hope this stuff helps

You can only change the medal value on different modes not for normal (just looked for it couldnt find it in the options)

JDUB XL
05-15-2009, 06:17 AM
Looks like the Topic creator has been banned since starting the Original Post guide and wont be able to finish it. Anyone else want to start one?

joshnorm
05-15-2009, 01:36 PM
Looks like the Topic creator has been banned since starting the Original Post guide and wont be able to finish it. Anyone else want to start one?

I could try to give it a go. There is a lot of information already here and a lot that has been added so it wouldn't be that hard, unless someone else wanted to put one up I can try today.

DeathHeadsSkull
05-31-2009, 02:19 PM
For those of you wondering about the stage paths in RFJ check out this link

http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?t=16237

Look under Stage Paths

Gamertag: DeathHeadsSkull :uzi::eek:

cliffO
06-01-2009, 10:58 AM
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showpost.php?p=1989709&postcount=35