PDA

View Full Version : Career Mode question

mellowknight
12-21-2008, 04:39 AM
Alright here's a hypothetical situation. Let's say that I'm while in career mode, going for the A Year in the Life achievement, I get to the Royal Rumble while on the path...to the IC Championship. Would I be able to play the Royal Rumble match, win, and challenge for the WWE Championship at WM, while still being on the path to the IC Championship? I pose this same question for the MITB match at WM, BTW. Thanks in advance.

mighty1
12-21-2008, 06:14 AM
for the year in the life achievement you must stay on one brand and fight the same person 52 or 54 times i beleive. you can only do ppv matches when you land on ppv matches when it's mandatory. to get the achievement do not win a title,fight the same person over and over for the whole year. you don't even need to win the match,just make sure dq is on and go for a weapon and get yourself a dq. you may ahve lost the match but it will still count towards the achievement.

mellowknight
12-21-2008, 08:08 AM
mighty 1, thank you for the response. However, you didn't answer my question. You know how when you challenge for a championship at...say, the Royal Rumble, it'll ask you if you're sure you want to challenge for that title. If you decide to challenge for the title, it'll tell you that you can't compete in the Royal Rumble or MITB (if you're challenging at WM). My question was that if I'm on the IC Path, could I play the Royal Rumble or MITB match, win either one, and challenge for the WWE Championship?

sbm
12-21-2008, 09:55 AM
1. If you are working towards the A year in Life achievement, just play regular match even in ppv's dont bother about the message regarding the RR or MITB.

2. To my knowledge you wont get wwe/wh championship match if you win RR or MITB.

Hope I answered your question....

mellowknight
12-21-2008, 05:22 PM
Thanks alot. That doesn't make sense though. If you win the RR, you should get the chance to challenge for the WWE Championship. Why would they put the option to compete in the MITB and RR matches, but if you win them, you don't get reward that comes with it? Kinda takes away from the point of career mode. If it is supposed to simulate a WWE career, I would think that it would let you challenge for the WWE Championship after earning it by winning the RR or MITB. Gayness....oh well, thanks again, I appreciate it.

mighty1
12-22-2008, 04:14 PM
Thanks alot. That doesn't make sense though. If you win the RR, you should get the chance to challenge for the WWE Championship. Why would they put the option to compete in the MITB and RR matches, but if you win them, you don't get reward that comes with it? Kinda takes away from the point of career mode. If it is supposed to simulate a WWE career, I would think that it would let you challenge for the WWE Championship after earning it by winning the RR or MITB. Gayness....oh well, thanks again, I appreciate it.

myself and the other person tried to answer your question to the best of our ability. i wrote an acheivement guide for this which is well detailed so i know what it is you are speaking of as many ppl thanked me for my guide as it is pretty easy to follow. if you want the achievement you're talking about you have to keep fighting the same person on one show. now granted automatically you will have a situation where you will land on a ppv which is fine so long as you keep staying on the same brand. you keep speaking of the royal rumble, and the mitb matches, well as long as you do not skip even one week of the brand you are suppose to be on for the year in the life achievement then it shouldn't be a problem participating in those types of matches. but if you are seeking to go after the wwe title or the world heavyweight title asap then it would be best to hold it off until after you get your acheivement. also keep in mind that the a.i becomes much more difficult in the two main title paths.i highly reccomend making sure the auto save feature is disabled this way if you mess up you can easily just reload your game data without any problems

mellowknight
12-22-2008, 05:01 PM
myself and the other person tried to answer your question to the best of our ability. i wrote an acheivement guide for this which is well detailed so i know what it is you are speaking of as many ppl thanked me for my guide as it is pretty easy to follow. if you want the achievement you're talking about you have to keep fighting the same person on one show. now granted automatically you will have a situation where you will land on a ppv which is fine so long as you keep staying on the same brand. you keep speaking of the royal rumble, and the mitb matches, well as long as you do not skip even one week of the brand you are suppose to be on for the year in the life achievement then it shouldn't be a problem participating in those types of matches. but if you are seeking to go after the wwe title or the world heavyweight title asap then it would be best to hold it off until after you get your acheivement. also keep in mind that the a.i becomes much more difficult in the two main title paths.i highly reccomend making sure the auto save feature is disabled this way if you mess up you can easily just reload your game data without any problems

I know how to get the A Year in the Life achievement, your guide is very helpful and well drawn out. I'm just asking if I was on one path for a second-tier title and I got to the Royal Rumble, won it, would I be able to have the choice to challenge for the WWE Championship regardless of my current path?

I'm not really concerned with trying to get the achievement just yet. As I said, I already know how and that's because of your guide (thanks for that by the way), the focus of my question was on the effects of winning the Royal Rumble or MITB matches in career mode. Basically a non-achievement related question.

mighty1
12-22-2008, 11:07 PM
well i know i tried to answer it to the best of my ability but why don't you try out the theory i mentioned earlier and see what happends or just try experimenting and see wht you can come up with and share with the community about your results as i am curious about this topic