PDA

View Full Version : Ubisoft response

Gilian85
12-21-2008, 07:03 AM
Hey…
Ubisoft finally responded to some questions about Farcry 2 freezing. Here’s what they wrote….
“1. Make sure all of your appropriate connections are functioning (Power cables and AV cables are all fully attached)
2. Make sure your game disc is free of dust and/or scratches. To clean the disc:
*Hold the disc by the edges without touching the surface with your fingers.
*Clean the disc with a soft cloth, lightly wiping from the center outwards.
*Do not use solvents or chemicals to clean the disc.
*Try to play the game again.
3. Try changing the video mode for the graphics on the xbox360. Try loading the xbox360 without the disk. Then from the tabs goto the “System” tab –> “Console Settings” –> “Display” –> “Screen format”. Change this over to normal mode for me then try the game again.
4. Make sure the Time Setting on your Xbox360 is set to today’s date.
5. Remove all unnecessary peripherals, and then test to see whether the problem still occurs.
6. Try clearing out the xbox360 cache folder on the hard drive. To do this turn on the xbox360 without the game inside to load the dashboard. From here make sure your controller is working and you can move around the menu. Place in the game disk and hold down the A button. Keep this button held until the game starts to load up past the intro screen.
7. If you have internet access, we suggest logging onto the internet to see if there is any patches or updates for the game. It will appear on screen if there is an update for the game when you connect online.
8. If your using a normal TV, try changing the PAL settings. Try loading the xbox360 without the disk. Then from the tabs goto the “System” tab –> “Console Settings” –> “Display” –> “PAL settings”. Change this over from the current PAL setting to the other setting in use.
If you are using a HD TV then please make sure that you have the settings set to 720p instead of 1080i.

Now try again.
Kind regards,
Ubisoft Technical Support”

U gotta be freakin kidding me? stupid f*cks @ ubisoft

Strongbow
12-21-2008, 03:52 PM
I know mate, what kind of Bullshit is that.....

KiwiLord
12-21-2008, 10:18 PM
Whaha, kudos for ubisoft. =D
Like this is gonna help people. Like we didn't know yet.

NinjaMonkeyUK
12-22-2008, 11:28 AM
LOL thats a typical response from a nobody in a big company.

They know nothing.

Eternal
12-22-2008, 11:42 AM
Ubisoft is so epic at technical stuff, that's what they came up with >_<

daninthemix
12-22-2008, 12:44 PM
At least something along the lines of "we are aware of this issue and the developers are working on a fix" would've been respectful.

With the above he may as well have spat in your face and shagged your girlfriend in front of you.

Giant Enemy Cat
12-22-2008, 12:59 PM
Well...this response is fine. But I don't think freezing is the main problem. The stupid bugs that stop you from progressing and from what I've heard, corrupting saves are the problem, although the latter has never happened to me. I'm stuck at 88% because I can't get into Mikes Bar to talk to Reuben. The play testers must have been pretty crap to not notice that kind of stuff.

the_b1ues
12-22-2008, 12:59 PM
Ive never had any problems with freezing just the dam Cell Tower glitch.

SolvingJunk
01-05-2009, 02:53 AM
That is trash, but something I would expect from a French based company.

sho91
01-05-2009, 02:35 PM
Thank god it was a free game rental!!!! and sure the company will blame user or hardware , the game is ok at best , i can think of better games to spend money on and my 360 is off-line so my games played won't reflect it......

DeviousD
01-05-2009, 04:32 PM
At least something along the lines of "we are aware of this issue and the developers are working on a fix" would've been respectful.

With the above he may as well have spat in your face and shagged your girlfriend in front of you.

Ha Ha funny.....Its a shame because its a good game i had the corrupting saves problem at 62% had to create a new save every time. Finished the game though looked at the saves after and i had created 57 saves.:uzi:

X monkfish69 X
01-06-2009, 07:47 AM
Well...this response is fine. But I don't think freezing is the main problem. The stupid bugs that stop you from progressing and from what I've heard, corrupting saves are the problem, although the latter has never happened to me. I'm stuck at 88% because I can't get into Mikes Bar to talk to Reuben. The play testers must have been pretty crap to not notice that kind of stuff.

They used play testers on this game ?

Thet response from Ubisoft though is shit. Like another poster said already, it's insulting in terms of a response and they should be offering a better explaination and a bloody fix for all this as there are far too many people experiencing problems with this game.

So far, I am one of the lucky ones that hasn't had a problem....... yet.