PDA

View Full Version : Search Function Problem

martnic
12-23-2008, 04:11 PM
I found a problem with the 'Search' site function, could be temporay.

Whilst searching Civ Rev forum tried searching for 'great people' and was given the following error -

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 24 bytes) in /home/xbox360a/public_html/forum/search.php on line 1007

Method
12-23-2008, 04:36 PM
I tried this out just to see if it would do the same for me and it did. I can search for "great" by itself but not for "people" or any other word and people like "old people." Does it mean that there are too many hits for people?

EDIT: Instead of making a new post I'll edit this one to talk to Falcon. I'm not sure what you posted but it wasn't helpful and doesn't change the fact that if I search for "people" in the Civilization Revolution forum I get either an error or blank page. Please let a Super Mod/Admin help us in the feedback section.

Falcongale
12-23-2008, 05:30 PM
I tried this out just to see if it would do the same for me and it did. I can search for "great" by itself but not for "people" or any other word and people like "old people." Does it mean that there are too many hits for people?

No, as I searched the thread and it only has 5 hits in this thread.

It's a problem with the search algorithm. I know this used to work because I used it to search a while back.